Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies (11263 Views)

Suri Tribeswomen Of Ethiopia Who Wear Large Lip Plate To Determine Worth In Cows / List Of Traditional Rulers And Communities In Anambra State / Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
Hati13:

Yes there are. For example the book of Enoch (originally written in Geez language) had been translated to Aramaic, Hebrew, English and others. The Ethiopian bible (some say it's the most complete bible in the world) I think had been translated to English.

"Ednited" knows more about Ethiopian Christian texts, so she can help you more on this.
Can you past a copy of the front cover of the Ethiopian bible ?
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by ednited(f): 5:06pm On Nov 04, 2017
zenmaster:
Can you past a copy of the front cover of the Ethiopian bible ?
I will post it for you
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2017
ednited:

I will post it for you
ok.
Are those fabrics in the photos locally made in Ethiopia?
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by ednited(f): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2017
zenmaster:
ok. Are those fabrics in the photos locally made in Ethiopia?

Some of them. . .yeah
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 04, 2017
ednited:

Some of them. . .yeah
we need more trade between Nigeria and Ethiopia grin grin
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by ednited(f): 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2017
zenmaster:

we need more trade between Nigeria and Ethiopia grin grin

Yea. Did you know that Ethiopia is the biggest leather exporter in Africa. We make the best leather
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2017
ednited:

Yea. Did you know that Ethiopia is the biggest leather exporter in Africa. We make the best leather
i had no idea
I have spent a few nights at Addis Ababa, when flying Ethiopian airlines, but i have never really moved round Ethiopia
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2017
ednited:

What about Ethiopian universities.
Are they open to non-Ethiopians ?
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 04, 2017
zenmaster:

What about Ethiopian universities.
Are they open to non-Ethiopians ?
I learn there and I've seen some non-Ethiopians learning there like Chinese, other Africans, Indians, Americans and Europeans.

I know a Chinese who is talking course of Tigrinya language which surprised me.
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 04, 2017
Hati13:

I learn there and I've seen some non-Ethiopians learning there like Chinese, other Africans, Indians, Americans and Europeans.

Don't play with Chinese people, they have become a world power grin grin grin
I love their determination

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2017
Hati13:

can u give me the names of these universities
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 04, 2017
zenmaster:

can u give me the names of these universities
Addis Abeba University

- College of Natural and Computational Sciences
- College of Education and Behavioural Studies
- College of Social Sciences
- College of Humanities, Language Studies, Journalism and communication
- College of Development Studies
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Law and Governance Studies
- Skunder Boghossian College of Performing and Visual Arts
- College of Veterinary Medicine and Agriculture
- College of Health Sciences
- Ethiopian Institute of Architecture Building Construction and City Development
- Addis Ababa Institute of Technology
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
zenmaster:

Don't play with Chinese people, they have become a world power grin grin grin
I love their determination
grin
Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Ras Gobena Dache (1821-89 AD)

1 Share

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Ras Mengesha Yohannes (1868-1906 AD)

1 Share

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Ras Woldegiyorgis

1 Like

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Fitawrari Habtegiyorgis Dinagde (1851-1926 AD)

1 Like

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Dejazmach Balcha Safo (1863-1936 AD)

1 Like

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Ras Mulugeta yeggazu (??-1936 AD)

1 Like

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Dejazmatch Demissew Nessibu (??-1896 AD)

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Lij iyasu or iyasu V (1895-1935 AD)

1 Like

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Ras Betwoded Tessema Nadew (??-1911 AD)

1 Like

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Empress Zewditu (1876-1930 AD)

1 Like

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Ras Hailu Teklehaimaynot (1968-1950 AD)

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Emperor Haileselassie (1892-1975 AD)

- The last photo is him with his father Ras Mokannen Woldemikael.

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Empress Menen Asfaw (1889-1962 AD)

- She was the wife of emperor Haileselassie.

2 Likes

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Ras Kassa Hailu (1881-1956 AD)

1 Like

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2017
Menz aristocracies

1 Like

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Lieutenant General Hailu Kebede (??-1937 AD)

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Ras Desta Damtew (1892-1937 AD)

1 Like

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Ras Seyoum Mengesha (1887-1960 AD)

Re: Images Of Some Of Ethiopia Past Rulers And Other Aristocracies by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2017
• Ras Betwoded Makonnen Endelkachew (1890-1963 AD)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Book On The Ibibio Culture / Dating A Nigerian Guy In China / Igbinedion University Honours Oluwo With Doctorate Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.