Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks (79969 Views)

Investment In Catfish Farming (things you need to know) / How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming In Nigeria / Catfish Farming: My Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by olamson(m): 11:28am On Mar 17, 2010
Fish farming consists of two major subdivisions, which could either be operated separately or as an integrated process. The two subdivisions are the nursery and the grow-out pond operation. The nursery operation is the basis for the grow-out operation and as such it cannot be operated without the nursery.
The nursery involves the inducement of the female fish to lay eggs, which are then fertilized, incubated and hatched fish are know as fries. These fries are then nurtured fro between three and four weeks into fingerlings which is the size suitable for use in the fish grow-out operation.
In-between the nursery and grow-out operation is what the purpose of this manual referred to as the primary operation. It involves the nurturing of the three or four weeks within which they could grow into post fingerlings, mini juveniles and juveniles respectively. These can then be nurtured for between four to five month into grow-out or table size fish suitable for sale and consumption.
Going in catfish farming involves the following
Step one: planning
Here, one has to determine whether one wants to go into a big or small-scale commercial venture, secondly, the pond system to adopt, Re-circulatory system, earthen pond or concrete/plastic pond or both.

Step two: land
This is very important. One has to acquire at least half plot of land in a suitable location. This means, you must consider good access road, closeness to market and labour. If the land is already available, it is good. Then we apportion it as follows:
1. Location of ponds
2. Location of farm house
3. Location of water supply and lastly, location of drainage facility. The last point is very important, as you don’t drain your water to constitute public
Step Three: Water supply Source
The best water for fish farming is from bore hole. One or two must be sunk to guarantee steady water supply. Overhead tanks for holding water should also be installed. The mechanism of pumping of water must be back up facility. The system must not fail.

Step Four: Pond Construction
It is advisable to engage the service of a consultant. The success or failure of this project depends largely on construction of standard ponds that can stand the test of time.
COMPLETE GUIDE TO INVESTING IN CATFISH FARMING IN NIGERIA
e-manual
Price: N3, 500
Pages: 34

COMPLETE GUIDE TO SNAIL REAING IN NIGERIA
Pages: 31

2 IN 1 CATFISH AND SNAIL FARMING N5, 500

CONTACT 08036320607
check my profile on Facebook ( catfish farming) for some videos
You’ll get the e-manual delivered into your mail address and than you call me anytime for support
Whether  you want to grow fish in plastic pond we can bring you the detailed information you need to make fish farming and snail rearing as practical for producing low-cost, high-profit business

1 Like

Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by ayosat(m): 4:36pm On Jan 27, 2011
For the best fingerlings and juveniles (at reasonable prices) call Ayo on 08035193433 or e-mail ayo.tiamiyu@yahoo.com. D farm is located at Abule Egba, Lagos.
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by aquatic1(m): 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2011
hello catfish farmers,

good and healthy catfish is available for sale, we have different sizes the fingerlings, post fingerlings, juvenile for sale at affordable prices. you can contact us at araratnigeria@gmail.com or you call or text

08137497296 or 07089391123.

bulk purchase will be discounted

home delivery is available in Lagos and outside Lagos.
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by Will44: 2:17pm On Apr 30, 2011
Thinking Of Starting Your Own Super Successful Catfish Farming Business, But Can’t Get Started…

Thousands Of People Just Like You Now Own Their Own CatFish Farm, Making Fantastic Money, & Enjoying The Lifestyle They’ve Always Wanted.

Break into the Catfish Farming Business and become super successful in no time at all even if you have no prior experience of fish farming at all.

Being a catfish farm owner is one of the most profitable business you can have, because not only is the demand for fish far outstripping the supply of fish… the trend is expected to continue to GROW as more and more people continue to ask for more and more fish each and every day.

You’re About To Discover How To …

Go To http://www.fishfarmingbusiness.com/?p=2252

1 Like

Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by fm7070: 1:05pm On Dec 16, 2011
Is it possible to get 1Kg catfish in 3months or thereabour. Are there special catfish breed that grows very faster? How do I identify them?
Please give me the gist.
Which Feed is the best to trust?
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by ayosat(m): 2:46pm On Jan 14, 2012
For the best fingerlings / juveniles please call Ayo on 08035193433 or drop your e-mail at ayo.tiamiyu@yahoo.com . The farm is located at abule egba, lagos abeokuta expressway.

Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by aquatic1(m): 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2012
ARARAT NIGERIA ENTERPRISES
invite you to the
one (1) day practical training seminar
on investment opportunities in catfish farming

TRAINING OBJECTIVES

Fingerlings production and hatchery management
Fish disease control and stress management

TARGETED AUDIENCE

1 Aspiring catfish farmer
2 Farm managers
3 Retirees
4 Student
5 UN-employed

BENEFIT OF THE SEMINAR

* To see and know how to hatch your self
* Tree handout on catfish production
* Free catfish feed formula for reduction of feeds
* Lunch

Admission: #10,000
Venue: 35 olufemi street of welder bus-stop ikola ilumo ipaja
Time: 10am to 4pm
Date: saturday 21st july 2012

For enquiry

Visit www.araratnigeria..com
araratnigeria@gmail.com
08053018934, 07089391123
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by ayosat(m): 11:34am On Dec 25, 2012
Using this opportunity to wish everyone MERRY XMAS and prosperous NEW YEAR.
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by prinxadeniyi(m): 9:53pm On Feb 11, 2013
olamson: Fish farming consists of two major subdivisions, which could either be operated separately or as an integrated process. The two subdivisions are the nursery and the grow-out pond operation. The nursery operation is the basis for the grow-out operation and as such it cannot be operated without the nursery.
The nursery involves the inducement of the female fish to lay eggs, which are then fertilized, incubated and hatched fish are know as fries. These fries are then nurtured fro between three and four weeks into fingerlings which is the size suitable for use in the fish grow-out operation.
In-between the nursery and grow-out operation is what the purpose of this manual referred to as the primary operation. It involves the nurturing of the three or four weeks within which they could grow into post fingerlings, mini juveniles and juveniles respectively. These can then be nurtured for between four to five month into grow-out or table size fish suitable for sale and consumption.
Going in catfish farming involves the following
Step one: planning
Here, one has to determine whether one wants to go into a big or small-scale commercial venture, secondly, the pond system to adopt, Re-circulatory system, earthen pond or concrete/plastic pond or both.

Step two: land
This is very important. One has to acquire at least half plot of land in a suitable location. This means, you must consider good access road, closeness to market and labour. If the land is already available, it is good. Then we apportion it as follows:
1. Location of ponds
2. Location of farm house
3. Location of water supply and lastly, location of drainage facility. The last point is very important, as you don’t drain your water to constitute public
Step Three: Water supply Source
The best water for fish farming is from bore hole. One or two must be sunk to guarantee steady water supply. Overhead tanks for holding water should also be installed. The mechanism of pumping of water must be back up facility. The system must not fail.

Step Four: Pond Construction
It is advisable to engage the service of a consultant. The success or failure of this project depends largely on construction of standard ponds that can stand the test of time.
COMPLETE GUIDE TO INVESTING IN CATFISH FARMING IN NIGERIA
e-manual
Pages: 34

COMPLETE GUIDE TO SNAIL REAING IN NIGERIA
Pages: 31

2 IN 1 CATFISH AND SNAIL FARMING N5, 500

CONTACT 08036320607
check my profile on Facebook ( catfish farming) for some videos
You’ll get the e-manual delivered into your mail address and than you call me anytime for support
Whether  you want to grow fish in plastic pond we can bring you the detailed information you need to make fish farming and snail rearing as practical for producing low-cost, high-profit business

Please is it necessary or compulsory to cover the plastic tank and what is the appropriate stocking density of this tankseach
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by Onibodun(m): 1:52am On Aug 21, 2013
Hello ayo pls need buyer for fingerls,postfingerls.call 08056141130 thanks.
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by tesorifashionho: 1:16am On Nov 21, 2014
I have big catfishes for sale,about 700.Please call 08033215791.

Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by idehennosa: 8:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
I need help on how to get tarpaulin pond for my fish business.
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by idehennosa: 8:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
I need
help on how to get tarpaulin pond for my fish business.
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by saheed3(m): 8:03am On Sep 28, 2015
idehennosa:
I need
help on how to get tarpaulin pond for my fish business.
you can contact us for your tarpaulin pond of any size. Contact:09027003820, 08069635951

Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by nikaShow(m): 10:21am On Jan 09, 2016
If you are new to fish farming, why don't You take our Fish Farm tour, where we take you to visit and learn from different successful fish farms with different setups, ask them questions and know why they do what they do. You can read up on this learning experience by checking this page...https://www.nairaland.com/2848773/visit-catfish-farms-learn-practically
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by Princesam400(m): 8:37pm On Mar 03, 2016
Neatly used 1500litres of catfish tank for sale
Contact 08034628555

Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by millhouse: 4:46pm On Mar 09, 2016
Kul
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by sheriffmarshal: 3:46pm On Apr 12, 2016
i am looking to start a fish farming business at the back of my house in abuja. i want to start with 1000 fishes hoping that at least 700 survives.
Please is there anyone that can give me ideas as per cost of fish tanks and how many i need for a thousand fishes. A cousin also told me about the water recycling business, if anybody has any idea as regards the cost please call me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by DivineFishFarm(m): 10:21am On Nov 13, 2016
Interesting read. Kudos. www.divinefish.com.ng
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by jay99(m): 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hello nairalanders, do you want to invest in catfish farming and you don't know how to go about it? Kindly contact me for your step to step guide on catfish management. This material will help you through the startup stage to maturity stage. It contains how much to start running an efficient catfish farming, type of feeds to use at every stage of the catfish growth, drugs and supplements to aid growth of your catfish, different of ponds available for catfish farming etc. Call me now on 08161668884 or jayosh45@gmail.com to get this material.
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by pearlyfish: 11:39am On Jan 21, 2017
Hello fish farmers, we have 3 tarpaulin fish ponds measuring 8*18*4 for sale. If interested, please call 08033920554.
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by ABUFARMSHOLDING(f): 8:07pm On Nov 24, 2018
Very helpful information, I have locally manufactured high quality catfish feeds available at an affordable rate, please check my signature if interested
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by oladforever: 12:32pm On Sep 13, 2019
HAVE YOUR BUSINESS PROPOSAL/FEASIBILITY REPORT DELIVER TO YOU WITHIN 48 HOURS WITH FREE CASH FLOW PROJECTION AND FUNDING TIPS AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE.
Do you want to expand your business, be more competitive in your industry or achieve certain goals?
If you answered “YES” to any of the above, you need a business plan! Whether you've just started out or been running for years, business planning can be the key to your success.
Developing and articulating a good business plan/proposal makes your business ideal to have a focus, direction, defines your objectives and maps out strategies to achieve your goals. It helps you know upfront about you capability of running such business, highlighting all the requirements and projected profit/income streams at a glance. A business plan is a living guide that every business should develop as the business grows and changes. Successful businesses review and update their business plan when circumstances change. A business plan thus assist in seeking finance for your business either through banks or investors, showing them why they should invest in your business.
Why don’t you contact us today at DOLAPATH GLOBAL SERVICES for your detailed BUSINESS PLAN or BUSINESS REVIEW.
We will help you develop/review your business plan that will help you comfortably start your business idea and/ or expand your existing business while exceeding all expectations. We’ve had previous success stories in the following business areas such as:

Cassava tuber farming and production
Cassava Starch and Flour production
Plastic production
Soap production
Palm Oil and Palm Kernel production
Tissue paper production and packaging
Jumbo reels production
Dry cleaning services
Pharmaceutical drug production
Table water production
Bread and pastries production
Printing / Advertising services
Juice production
Textile industry
Snail farming
Cat-Fish production. e.t.c.
Why don’t you reach us today and your business will be on the path to success again.

You can reach us via:
Email: dolapathglobal@gmail.com
Watsapp: 08067627940.

We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by Hordbaz(m): 8:54am On Sep 21, 2019
Good
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by jendor123: 12:25pm On Sep 21, 2019
Anyone with damaged water tank(geepee), can chap me up. I buy broken (scrap) water tank. You can actually make some money from your broken plastic geepee tank. Lagos and Ogun environment only. Whatsapp/call:0703four601three75
Re: How To Successfully Invest In Catfish Farming using plastic tanks by BillyPro: 3:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
DECEMBER SALES
Selling...Standard & Well fed
30,000 Fingerlings
20,000 Post Fingerlings
Now available for sale.
Whatsapp/Call: 07010647405
Thank you...

(1) (Reply)

A Day Old Birds(pullets, Broilers, Cockrel And Turkeys) Are For Sale In Ibadan / My Experience About Snail Farming, Pictures, Etc / See Photos Of The Deadly Pig Killed By Hunters In Ago-iwoye, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.