Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off (8551 Views)

Tinubu Endorsing Ngige For Anambra Governorship Election (Throwback Photo) / Anambra Governorship Election: PDP Campaign Flag Off In Pictures / Igwe Chuma Angus Ojukwu's Campaign Poster For Anambra Governorship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by naaija: 6:49am On Oct 30, 2017
Ezeemo signs social contract with Anambra people

By O'star Eze

The Progressive People’s Alliance, PPA witnessed a mammoth crowd as they held officially flagged off their campaign over the weekend at All Saints Cathedral, Onitsha, during which the National Working Committee of the party led by her National Chairman, Chief Peter Ameh performed the ceremonial handing over of the party’s flag to Mr Godwin Chukwunenye Ezeemo and his deputy, 38 year old Hon. Stanley Nkwokah and Ezeemo stunned everyone by signing a social contract with the people.
Handing over the flag, Chief Ameh described Ezeemo as “a man of integrity and an embodiment of honesty and humility who has distinguished himself as an astute business man and administrator and therefore the ideal candidate for governorship in a great state like Anambra”.
Appreciating the “emotions, enthusiasm and excitement”expressed by the teeming crowd of supporters, Ezeemo opined that the electorates’ sacrificing their time to be part of the flag off was evidence that they are resolved to see a better Anambra State.
He shared his disgust at the “reckless abandon with which previous governments and event he present have been misusing their power to lord it over the people and siphon public funds” and promised that his emergence is a coup de grace for irresponsible governance.
In his words, “I know that our people have been lied to for so long and that is why you find it difficult convincing some people who have seen my antecedents but are still doubting the genuineness of my purpose. This is why I have chosen to sign a social contract with you women, youths, traders, commuter drivers and all other groups that make up Anambra people today so that you can hold me accountable if I default from accomplishing any of my promises within the timeline I have slated to actualise them if I emerge your governor.”
He then read out the social contracts which consist of definite actions he would take to address infrastructural, policy and social justice issues that militate against the smooth and optimum functioning of the various groups of people in the state, signed them and asked for a representative of the various demographics to sign on their column.
Ezeemo also introduced his running mate, 39 year old Stanley Nkwokah who he referred to as “one who has distinguished himself as an environmentalist and a consultant and therefore deserves a chance in governance.”
He said that his administration is poised to give everyone equal chance to exercise his potentials regardless of his age or background.
On his part, Ezeemo’s running mate, Stanley Nkwokah charged the youths to ensure they do not miss “the wonderful opportunity given to them who have been long forgotten and relegated to the background in the scheme of things politically.”
He said that Ezeemo has come with sincerity to lay a foundation for facilitated development in Anambra State and should be accorded every support that will enable him emerge as governor as it is “to the best interest of every demographic in the state.”
Speaking with the press, Barrister Keinde Ado, PPA National Secretary said that he is confident Anambra electorates will vote in Godwin Ezeemo this time around as the party has taken time since the last election to prove to them that Ezeemo is one man whose heart is with Anambra people and indeed the black man at large.
“This was what informed his transferring the headquarters of his booming business empire to his hometown. Where a man’s heart is, that is where he wants to put his treasure and where his treasure is, that is where his heart will be.”
He attributed the loss in the last election to not having enough time to introduce the candidate to Anambra electorates but that the party has had enough time to do between then and now.
“What you see today is a pre-victory celebration. All the people you see here are not rented crowd but converted devotees who have bought into this project and who are witnessing to others about the lofty project God intends to carry out through the instrumentality of Godwin Ezeemo,” Barrister Ado said.
There were also goodwill messages from the likes of a former presidential candidate under APGA, Mr George Okoye; Hon. Edwin Okonkwo, Deputy National Chairman (South) and victory songs as the local government branches of PPA as well as other pressure groups from within and outside the state marched past Mr Godwin Ezeemo assuring him of their unalloyed support and resolve to see him elected the next governor of Anambra state.

http://www.naaija.com/2017/10/campain-flag-off-contract-revealed/

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by QueenSekxy(f): 6:51am On Oct 30, 2017
the same paid group..cheesy they Will end up fighting when money isn't shared accordingly. .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by Neminc: 8:26am On Oct 30, 2017
So the elections will hold last last?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 30, 2017
Same paid mammoth crowd again?
Why can't this people allow us to rest?
PPA kwa?
Yul will still come out with his own mammoth crowd again.
I realised something, this guys are hustling money for NSALA soup.
Politicians will pay for the soup, still waiting to see what 18th will look like.
NoElection biko!
cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by nairavsdollars(f): 10:58am On Oct 30, 2017
I can't wait for Obiano’s ass to be kicked out. With his face like Nkita

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by GodblessNig247(m): 10:59am On Oct 30, 2017
I see. PDP is taking over.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by Nostradamu(m): 10:59am On Oct 30, 2017
Hope they'll be a strong opposition.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by MrMystrO(m): 11:00am On Oct 30, 2017
EricIyke:
PPA kwa?
Politicians will pay for the soup, still waiting to see what 18th will look like.
NoElection biko!
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Delusions of Grandeur.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by Sirheny007(m): 11:01am On Oct 30, 2017
Lol...see PPA grin
It is becoming funny.. grin
PPA pulling this crowd? cheesy
Same crowds you see in APC, PDP, APGA rallies..

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by sharisto(m): 11:02am On Oct 30, 2017
I THOT Igbos SAID NO ELECTION IN DIS STATE COME 18 NOV, MEANWHILE WHERE'S THE MESSIAH NNAMDI KANU?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by hezy4real01(m): 11:02am On Oct 30, 2017
Which party is PPA again..... APC and PDP we know! others......... who is their godfather ??
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by Goddyj(m): 11:02am On Oct 30, 2017
NSALA loading...............97% grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by Gozbrown(m): 11:07am On Oct 30, 2017
PPA......12 votes. Even d party chairman will not vote for u Sir.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by prodigy24: 11:07am On Oct 30, 2017
EricIyke:
PPA kwa?
NoElection biko!
cheesy cheesy cheesy
You are wrong. @lalasticalal, the cc mod please do the needful. Take this to front page..
This man is the only genuine candidate!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by Brillantman: 11:16am On Oct 30, 2017
Politicians and tricks are like 5&6. I can only see imported mammoth crowd.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by Afamed: 11:18am On Oct 30, 2017
I doubt if there is any governorship elections in Anambra state, this man under same PPA has not come out to contest. One day, ndi Anambra might consider him.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by GavelSlam: 11:18am On Oct 30, 2017
Neminc:
So the elections will hold last last?

Erection must hold na.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by Ochinex(m): 11:19am On Oct 30, 2017
Wasfing money..Sha, share the money please, it is for the people but know this, No Election in Anambra.. What do we stand to gain from these thieves? We cannot be bought by these bastards.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 30, 2017
Crowed available for rent.

Contact for price list.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by Annydora(f): 11:28am On Oct 30, 2017
i see pdp taking over with full force.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by JAWBONE(m): 11:42am On Oct 30, 2017
The only thing I like about this is the social contract part. As a matter of fact, all Nigerian politicians should be made to do something like this before they take office and it should be binding on them by LAW.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 30, 2017
prodigy24:

You are wrong. @lalasticalal, the cc mod please do the needful. Take this to front page..
This man is the only genuine candidate!

LOL
The way Yorubas are talking about the election as if its their land.
If We don't wanna vote is it their concern?
Next you'll see Labour Party mammoth crowd.
cheesy
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 30, 2017
MrMystrO:

Delusions of Grandeur.
Grandeur Noun Splendour and impressiveness, especially of appearance or style.
Yep bro am impressed especially about the appearance and style of Biafrans. No Election! cheesy
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by senatordave1(m): 12:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
Even kowa party will soon flag theirs.ezeemo has been flagging his campaigns since 1999.he has contested for governorship more than any other candidate.anyway,nwoye would still win.up ayaka.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by DONADAMS(m): 12:57pm On Oct 30, 2017
no election in anambra.

lol grin
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by Spiritscience(m): 1:00pm On Oct 30, 2017
Anambra people know the truth now. No more criminals in government. God will stun you political jobber at the final result.

PPA is God's love to Ndi Anambra
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by prodigy24: 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2017
EricIyke:

LOL
The way Yorubas are talking about the election as if its their land.
If We don't wanna vote is it their concern?
Next you'll see Labour Party mammoth crowd.
cheesy

What is this one saying? cry cry cry

Abeg shift! We need a real change in our state. Ezeemo Godwin is the man. Enough of mediocrities.
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by prodigy24: 2:43pm On Oct 30, 2017
JAWBONE:
The only thing I like about this is the social contract part. As a matter of fact, all Nigerian politicians should be made to do something like this before they take office and it should be binding on them by LAW.

The man is very refined, if only ndi Anambra know what this man has for them.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PPA Campaign Flag-Off by prodigy24: 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
Sirheny007:
Lol...see PPA grin
It is becoming funny.. grin
PPA pulling this crowd? cheesy
Same crowds you see in APC, PDP, APGA rallies..

PPA crowd is genuine. The mad behind the flag is a man of integrity. He is the chosen one.

(1) (Reply)

Trafficking: How Northerners Are Turning Mecca Into Prostitution N Crime Haven / Full Election Results From All The States / Don't Undermine Buhari Because Of Tinubu’s Ambition - APC Youth Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.