Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look (11310 Views)

The Mass Sacking Going On In Dangote Cement Plant Obajana / Adekunle Ajayi: Man Rejected Offers In Shell & Chevron To Live & Work In Ekiti / Apply For Dangote Group Latest Job Recruitment (3 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by survivex: 10:28am On Oct 30, 2017
For all those that desire to work in Dangote see a modern analysis of what is going there hehehe���

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:23pm On Oct 30, 2017
Dangote has always paid poorly and exploited labor. Nothing new in that.
Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2017
It's not compulsory to work for him. You can't dictate your pay, he does that. You have an option of starting your business. All I see here is a man maximising an opportunity i.e joblessness of Nigerian youths. It's an opportunity to business owners. Rather than shut down Dangote's operation, go shut do Asorock and NAS that are stealing and looting funds that would have created opportunities for jobs for the youth. If the unemployment rate isn't high, dangote won't have any choice than to raise the pay of his workers

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:04pm On Oct 30, 2017
Abegi leave Dangote oh where did u pple get this so called industry standard from?

2 Likes

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2017
If u no want work resign the bible says ur place another shall take over its a private company it's Dangote's private business besides there's no government regulation as to amount private employees should earn at the moment so endure or resign

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by DeKen: 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
I don't understand Nigerians with sense of entitlement. You saw a Job opening, applied for it, you got an offer and you accepted it only to later complain that you deserve more because someone else on a similar Job is earning more somewhere else. Why not just resign and apply where they are paying more? While your employer may be exploiting you by paying too little, your employer is not government and you have the choice to quit. Simple. It is not by force. If there is no one accepting to work for that amount they'll have no choice than to improve the pay.

7 Likes

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by ammyluv2002(f): 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
majekdom2:
It's not compulsory to work for him. You can't dictate your pay, he does that. You have an option of starting your business. All I see here is a man maximising an opportunity i.e joblessness of Nigerian youths. It's an opportunity to business owners. Rather than shut down Dangote's operation, go shut do Asorock and NAS that are stealing and looting funds that would have created opportunities for jobs for the youth. If the unemployment rate isn't high, dangote won't have any choice than to raise the pay of his workers
Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by chloride6: 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2017
majekdom2:

You sir, have no sense sir.

1 Like

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by chloride6: 4:26pm On Oct 30, 2017
The leave the work if you can manage the pay gang will soon waltz in.

Is it demand and supply of labour that allows Shell and Total pay that fantastic salaries?

No. It is respect and value for labour.

One idi.ot will sit in his chair and talk nonsense. If demand and supply of labour were to dictate the price of labour in Nigeria, no Graduate trainee would be entitled to more than 80k per month in this country.

Yet some of you earning fantastic salaries will open your cess pits and defend dangote.

Dangote is not the first person in the world to build a refinery and I am sure he is not the last.

A refinery is a world class project that demands commensurate remuneration. I'm sure he pays his expatriates international salaries but when it comes to local labour he doesn't.

This is exactly what happened in the Oil industry until PENGASAN took up the challenge.

Please fight for your right workers.

10 Likes

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by Shugaball: 5:12pm On Oct 30, 2017
If you got iTunes Gift Cards of 10, 15, 25, 50 or 100$... Call or message me on whatsapp 081.380.220.04...... Lets talk business.... NO PERCENTAGE, just 200naira per dollars(negotiable)..... FAST and get your CASH OUT before 30mins.
Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by teekay213(m): 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2017
I always know this dangote of a man is an opportunist.
He is wicked.

2 Likes

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by lsoul: 6:14pm On Oct 30, 2017
many org under pay their staffs , but so sadly there is nothing anybody can do about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by Appelmoik(m): 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2017
This Is just an attempt to belittle his attempt in creating employment on the aforesaid project, most companies pay little or less; the number 1 power generating company in Nigeria pay their scaffolding staffs 50k and their welders 100k in comparison to 70K And 150 there I could go on, but I don't know why you are compiling bogus figures to discredit his efforts .

1 Like

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by GuntersChain(m): 6:51pm On Oct 30, 2017
What else do you expect from capitalism
Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by fwallex4truth: 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2017
chloride6:

You sir, have no sense sir.
Foolish man! It is you that that don't have sense, the man above make sense pass you.

5 Likes

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by chloride6: 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2017
fwallex4truth:
Foolish man! It is you that that don't have sense, the man above make sense pass you.

I can not waste my time engaging you. the same person you are talking about spends his time crawling the vacancies section looking for Shell, Chevron and Total jobs.
Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by Desyner: 8:32pm On Oct 30, 2017
It is a hard one. Everybody wants profit, but then how much is too much.
Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 30, 2017
chloride6:
The leave the work if you can manage the pay gang will soon waltz in.

Is it demand and supply of labour that allows Shell and Total pay that fantastic salaries?

No. It is respect and value for labour.

One idi.ot will sit in his chair and talk nonsense. If demand and supply of labour were to dictate the price of labour in Nigeria, no Graduate trainee would be entitled to more than 80k per month in this country.

Yet some of you earning fantastic salaries will open your cess pits and defend dangote.

Dangote is not the first person in the world to build a refinery and I am sure he is not the last.

A refinery is a world class project that demands commensurate remuneration. I'm sure he pays his expatriates international salaries but when it comes to local labour he doesn't.

This is exactly what happened in the Oil industry until PENGASAN took up the challenge.

Please fight for your right workers.

you actually think it is beans to work in shell and total. Dangote is a "business man, he is an opportunist". Shell and Total are looking to maximise shareholders value. Dangote is looking to remain on forbes list. Shell and Total are international companies with international pay structure, albeit, many Nigerians are still cheated in these companies. Different companies, different mission and vision thus different human resource worth. There is a certain Nigerian oil company that was paying staff lower than what many Nigerian Independents were paying, The employees started leaving to work for competitors, it wasn't long before they raised the pay by 200percent. Thats what competition does. Ogbeni, you can shout all you want. I have told you the only solution. Hold your leaders responsible. Your leaders that have decided to keep on with different scam everyweek. If it's not deziani, it is baru and kachikwu, if it's not baru it is maina. This has been the trend since 2003. Yet, many of you are blind to see what these set o individuals are doing. It's not about pengassan, how many times has a pengassan or Nupeng strike resulted in a pay rise? The rich make the law. Strive to be rich or your keep serving them forever!

3 Likes

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 30, 2017
chloride6:

I can not waste my time engaging you. the same person you are talking about spends his time crawling the vacancies section looking for Shell, Chevron and Total jobs.
Yes, he looks for shell and chevron jobs but not dangote's job. Silly you, you think everyone that comments on a job section isn't engaged. Dangote has never been a brand I would love to work for. I could consult in the nearest term but never to be his paid employee. It will be very silly of me to come with your type of rant when I know clearly what's obtainable in the company.
Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by michlins(m): 10:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
majekdom2:
you are one of the problem this country has after bribery and corruption. Why is there industry standard if you can pay whatever thing you want How about ignoring the thread if you don't know what to say. We sincerely need reorientation in this country.
Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
michlins:
you are one of the problem this country has after bribery and corruption. Why is there industry standard if you can pay whatever thing you want How about ignoring the thread if you don't know what to say. We sincerely need reorientation in this country.
he is paying above minimum wage isn't he? See, Nigerians hate to hear the truth and the truth is simply what you have up there. Hold you corrupt leader responsible NOT Dangote. you applied, interviewed and was offered a job, now you are complaining about pay. Then leave to a competitor. Is there a competitor, yes for some, No for others. You want to earn high, gain skills that are rare. What uncommon skills do these people have? If they sack you now, another problem. Where is the industry standard, show me a link to it. Complaints should be.. delayed payment/ owing of salaries, working over time without compensation or any other ill treatment but not what you signed in a contract!

2 Likes

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by Meel: 10:41pm On Oct 30, 2017
@ op and other posters, every employer of labor is guilty of these act in Nigeria. Check the life of all those speaking, you will see that the act they are condemning is in there life. I think 100% profit making for the employer is in the DNA of all Nigerians.

During my long stay at home , I interned at two place , a veterinary clinic and a big Farm.

The reception in the Veterinary clinic is being paid a meagre of 16000 per month. This same lady makes @ least #500000 per month , for the clinic through booking of birds, but she his not paid 10% of the profit she is making from a side deal for the company, not even her main job.

In the farm I was working then, whenever my boss harvest fish, he makes a profit of nothing less than #400000 in 2 months, not to talk of poultry and other farm produce. But how much does he pays his staff?? 8000!!!

Even all the mushroom schools in our environment, the owner grows fat while the staffs suffer ( normally being paid 10k at most.

My point is that Nigeria is bleeped up country, everyone is looking for ways to exploit each other. If the staff feel oppressed, and unhappy , they should hussle hard to start there own company, or resign and work for another company.

Nothing works in Nigeria, but one should just strive and be at the top

2 Likes

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 30, 2017
Meel:
@ op and other posters, every employer of labor is guilty of these act in Nigeria. Check the life of all those speaking, you will see that the act they are condemning is in there life. I think 100% profit making for the employer is in the DNA of all Nigerians.

During my long stay at home , I interned at two place , a veterinary clinic and a big Farm.

The reception in the Veterinary clinic is being paid a meagre of 16000 per month. This same lady makes @ least #500000 per month , for the clinic through booking of birds, but she his not paid 10% of the profit she is making from a side deal for the company, not even her main job.

In the farm I was working then, whenever my boss harvest fish, he makes a profit of nothing less than #400000 in 2 months, not to talk of poultry and other farm produce. But how much does he pays his staff?? 8000!!!

Even all the mushroom schools in our environment, the owner grows fat while the staffs suffer ( normally being paid 10k at most.

My point is that Nigeria is bleeped up country, everyone is looking for ways to exploit each other. If the staff feel oppressed, and unhappy , they should hussle hard to start there own company, or resign and work for another company.

Nothing works in Nigeria, but one should just strive and be at the top
This is exactly th point most people on here have been stressing. And for your first statement, like I said to the business owners, it's an opportunity to maximize i.e high unemployment and secondly, some Nigerian companies are paying better than their international competitors not every employer is same. When I started as a graduate trainee, I had this silly idea of building a new product line in the company bla bla. Until after sometime it dawned on me. when you are working for a company, do your job, while doing your job, make sure you maximise every opportunity to make money - I do not mean fraud or theft. But if you spend your one naira on any official assignment, make sure you get your money back to the last kobo, don't let go any benefits, ge you leave without excuse, If you work overtime, get paid. If you do anything outside your contract, make sure there is a reward, it could be financial. Invest and build your own business because you may never find that financial fulfilment as an employee.
Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by ThatCEO: 3:50am On Oct 31, 2017
Dangote is a crook, I hv known this since I visited his cement plant in 2009, n I will say it to his face if I hv the chance. His Nigerian workers don't have a life of their own. They Work all day n get paid shittt with no salary increment or promotion.

Nigga can only survive in a Monopoly environment with no business IQ to compete.

1.Dangote couldn't compete with Indomie, na flop.
2.His tomato factory na another flop.
3.His spaghetti cannot knock out golden penny.
3.I can't remember the last time I saw dangote rice or sugar.
4. His main business is cement and he makes twice the profit of what other cement manufacturer make elsewhere in the world.

Yet, u claim u r rich n people see you as a god. Which kain evil money be that? People around you cannot progress cos you are profiteering. Abeg, I no want such money.

Some people think it's only you go herbalist go do jazz is when you have blood money. Niggas hands is stained with the blood of his workers who he treats like slave.

Do we still need him, Yes! We do, people must chop. But the best thing that can happen to Nigeria is to bring in strong laws which will enable business owners compete favourably. Not Dstv trying to cripple startimes or tstv. Or trying to fuel propaganda to cripple Indomie. Any government serious any creating jobs must first level the playing field.

3 Likes

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by Jethrolite(m): 7:37am On Oct 31, 2017
survivex:
For all those that desire to work in Dangote see a modern analysis of what is going there hehehe���
Lol, Nigerians will still take the jobs. Do not waste your time.
Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by Erums(m): 9:31am On Oct 31, 2017
Is dere a regulator for the cement industry..... Is dere a standard.. I think the workfprce shouldbbe compar3d bases a industry specific standards.... The cement industry is notbthe oil and gas or maritime....so expect a pay variety

1 Like

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by survivex: 10:02am On Oct 31, 2017
Jethrolite:
Lol, Nigerians will still take the jobs. Do not waste your time.

The
ThatCEO:
Dangote is a crook, I hv known this since I visited his cement plant in 2009, n I will say it to his face if I hv the chance. His Nigerian workers don't have a life of their own. They Work all day n get paid shittt with no salary increment or promotion.

Nigga can only survive in a Monopoly environment with no business IQ to compete.

4. His main business is cement and he makes twice the profit of what other cement manufacturer make elsewhere in the world.

Yet, u claim u r rich n people see you as a god. Which kain evil money be that? People around you cannot progress cos you are profiteering. Abeg, I no want such money.

Some people think it's only you go herbalist go do jazz is when you have blood money. Niggas hands is stained with the blood of his workers who he treats like slave.

Do we still need him, Yes! We do, people must chop. But the best thing that can happen to Nigeria is to bring in strong laws which will enable business owners compete favourably. Not Dstv trying to cripple startimes or tstv. Or trying to fuel propaganda to cripple Indomie. Any government serious any creating jobs must first level the playing field.

You have said it well my friend. But unfortunately, many Nigerians have been debased to the fact that their self-worth is close to minimum wage. A lot of here will argue that he is doing well and trying compared to others and yes that fact is not over-ridden. Here are few pointers i will share in my different conversations with people that have worked, are still working with the firm.
Let us begin by asking ourselves, can the Dangote group compete in a free fair atmosphere?
Has the company success overtime been based on governments support that thwarted competitors?
Is there a country in the world where the CEO treats his countrymen like a slave but in Nigeria?

Dangote group offers employment but mainly so that it will be on record that Nigerians are working there, a vast majority of his workforce are Indians most of which claim experiences they don't have and in many cases lack a basic understanding of the job. Yet do you want to know how much they earn? In thousand of Dollars and yet the country is crying about foreign exchange and someone is using a large chunk of it for salaries of 3rd world citizens acclaimed as expatriates.
In your spare time visit the refinery site at Ibeju Lekki and see how people are been treated. They work without PPEs, no insurance plane, people commute from the gate in buckets of dumper trucks, accidents and deaths are hidden and covered up yet we claim they have a government. The few times I have passed through that location on my way to La campaigne Tropicana, the claimed refinery site is no different from the site of beach sand with busy trucks carrying more sands and stones. Yet, they claim to finish by 2019...joke of the millennium.

If the way and manner your treat your in-country staff is to debase them with low earning power and skills, then make sure when you die you carry the company with you cos even posterity will not forgive you. See how much he sells cement and compare to how much he pays his local staff. Indians are cleaners, helpers, etc. and still collect dollars or Rupees as the case may be and when a Nigerian is in that position the pay less than minimum wage, is that not wickedness.

But I don't blame him, I blame the stupid leaders we have, whose lives after death will be filled with turmoil and torment.

3 Likes

Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 31, 2017
ThatCEO:

in business you either buy or beat the competition. Now beating the competition is in VAS and not bribing of lawmakers to make laws to favor them. That's for a competitive clime not Nigeria. Until our leaders under the concept of free market totally, Likes of Dangote will keep increasing with more people getting poorer. Have you ever wondered why the the richest blackman is in Nigeria, yet a poor nation. Dangote group hasn't scaled outside Africa yet but see what it is.. most businesses ranked richest scale beyond their continents. Like I said, blame the corrupt leaders that have stalled developments and have created "opportunities" for Dangote and likes!
Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 31, 2017
survivex:

The

You have said it well my friend. But unfortunately, many Nigerians have been debased to the fact that their self-worth is close to minimum wage. A lot of here will argue that he is doing well and trying compared to others and yes that fact is not over-ridden. Here are few pointers i will share in my different conversations with people that have worked, are still working with the firm.
Let us begin by asking ourselves, can the Dangote group compete in a free fair atmosphere?
Has the company success overtime been based on governments support that thwarted competitors?
Is there a country in the world where the CEO treats his countrymen like a slave but in Nigeria?

Dangote group offers employment but mainly so that it will be on record that Nigerians are working there, a vast majority of his workforce are Indians most of which claim experiences they don't have and in many cases lack a basic understanding of the job. Yet do you want to know how much they earn? In thousand of Dollars and yet the country is crying about foreign exchange and someone is using a large chunk of it for salaries of 3rd world citizens acclaimed as expatriates.
In your spare time visit the refinery site at Ibeju Lekki and see how people are been treated. They work without PPEs, no insurance plane, people commute from the gate in buckets of dumper trucks, accidents and deaths are hidden and covered up yet we claim they have a government. The few times I have passed through that location on my way to La campaigne Tropicana, the claimed refinery site is no different from the site of beach sand with busy trucks carrying more sands and stones. Yet, they claim to finish by 2019...joke of the millennium.

If the way and manner your treat your in-country staff is to debase them with low earning power and skills, then make sure when you die you carry the company with you cos even posterity will not forgive you. See how much he sells cement and compare to how much he pays his local staff. Indians are cleaners, helpers, etc. and still collect dollars or Rupees as the case may be and when a Nigerian is in that position the pay less than minimum wage, is that not wickedness.

But I don't blame him, I blame the stupid leaders we have, whose lives after death will be filled with turmoil and torment.
if the minimum wage was above 50,000. would dangote pay less than 50,000. You failed to understand that. It's not about people seeing themselves as worth present minimum wage. It's about what a government is doing to its people and the people doing nothing. Why challenge dangote, when you have not challenged a government paying some medicore minimum wage. Why are civil servants still going to work when they are being owed salaries but the so called government are flying here and there like there is no problem. Why are Nigerians cowards when it comes to fighting for their right but you see them with open eye for another person matter. Again, Dangote is an opportunist maximising what's obtainable in an environment he found himself. @ last bolded, That is the point. Dangote is not to blame. The sad part is that workers signed the contract. They read it well and are aware of the terms. So why complain? The fight should be from the top.
Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by olabanji88(m): 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2017
DeKen:
I don't understand Nigerians with sense of entitlement. You saw a Job opening, applied for it, you got an offer and you accepted it only to later complain that you deserve more because someone else on a similar Job is earning more somewhere else. Why not just resign and apply where they are paying more? While your employer may be exploiting you by paying too little, your employer is not government and you have the choice to quit. Simple. It is not by force. If there is no one accepting to work for that amount they'll have no choice than to improve the pay.
guy u on point where I work forklift drive is 35k cleaner 21k d salary structure is not dangote faults d guy sef try
Re: For Those That Want To Work In Dangote Take A Look by wowmagonline: 4:25pm On Jun 19, 2022
Workers at dangote group are really enjoying at the moment
See their salary offer

Check link below

https://www.techlecturer.com/dangote-group-staff-salary-is-it-worth-it/

(1) (Reply)

Eco Bank Is Shortlisting! / Which Is The Toughest Job Aptitude Test U Ve Written. / Planned Parenthood Federation Of Nigeria (PPFN) Job Recruitment (10 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.