Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. (3250 Views)

5 Catholic Church Practices And Doctrines That Protestants Don’t Indulge In / All 22 Church Doctrines Of Deeper Life Christian Ministry / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by chatinent: 12:31pm On Oct 30, 2017
Chatdom rights reserved (c)
The Roman Catholic church has grown in a way that, in many lands, it is known. Here are few dos and doctrines of catholicism:
1. Performing signs of worship to/by use of graven images. The Bible forewarned us about creating any image used as, for worship. Exodus 20:4-5 completely made it clear to us to steer clear of graven images.
2. Baptizing at infantry, and method of baptism. The verge of sin, in Catholicism goes so far as baptizing at infantry. Is this in accordance with the bible? Last time I checked, Jesus was baptized at adult age when he could rightly make a choice. Catholics sprinkle water on the candidate for baptism and it's thereby stated baptism.
3. The reverend class doesn't marry or have sexual relation with the opposite sex. A friend of mine would always say: 'Reverend fathers are always said to be clean when their tool hasn't been detached.' smiley Truth has it that, in a hundred percent flock -- a couple I know of -- have dealings behind closed doors with the opposite sex (nuns) and some go homosexual. The remaining about fourth percent have to 'act' holy all their life. We all know, no man is righteous so far sin has already come to stay and imperfection is already getting a family of polygamy.
4. Forever-virgin Mary, the 'mother of God'. Mary was a virgin afore Jesus' birth, that's true. However, Mary did bear other children, how then is 'virgin' attributed to her?
- The worship of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and the use of the term, "Mother of God", as applied to her, originated in the Council of Ephesus and is pagan.
5. Heresies.
- Veneration of angels and dead saints is practised by Catholics. The Bible teaches that we pray to God alone. In the primitive church never were primitive directed to Mary, or to dead saints. This practice began in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Worship of the cross, images and relics was authorized and this was by order of Dowager Empress Irene of Constantinople, who first caused to pluck the eyes of her own son, Constantine VI, and then called a church council at the request of Hadrian I, pope of Rome at that time.
Such practice is called simply IDOLATRY in the Bible, and is severely condemned.
- Holy Water, mixed with a pinch of salt and blessed by the priest, was authorized.
- Canonization of dead saints, first by Pope John XV
Every believer and follower of Christ is called saint in the Bible im Catholicism.
- The Rossary, or prayer beads was introduced by Peter the Hermit, in the year 1090. Copied from Hindus and Mohammedans
The counting of prayers is a pagan practice and is expressly condemned by Christ. (Matthew 6:5-13)
- Confession of sin to the priest at least once a year was instituted by Pope Innocent III., in the Lateran Council
The Bible commands us to confess our sins direct to God. (Read Psalm 51:1-10; Luke 7:48; 15:21; 1st John 1:8-9).
6. Trinity. 'God the father, God the son, God the Holy spirit.' Simple explanation: if God was the Son, then who was Jesus praying to? If he were all in one, he never needed to pray to a distant entity, did he?' If God were the Holy Spirit, well, those angels who saw pretty women on Earth and came down wouldn't have been punished so far it was still one body, would they? smiley Jesus always said he was sent by the Father to Earth, that shows a gap. The Holy Spirit is God's special force.

Let's take a pause... These are just few, more coming for other beliefs. Do follow us. Well, what is your say on this topic?
* references: Google, the Bible.
Cc: lalasticlala, AM4J, Seun
Origin: http://www.chatdom.com.ng/education/see-six-catholic-church-doctrines-that-you-may-find-hard-to-believe/msg75/#msg75

2 Likes

Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by kitaatita: 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2017
If you concentrate on your religion and your relationship with God you would be a better person than complaining BOUT how others worship God. Ironically, it seems that you accept Buddaism, Judaism, Islam, etc as correct and proper modes of relating with God. Your only headache is the Church instituted by Christ.

5 Likes

Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by chatinent: 12:44pm On Oct 30, 2017
kitaatita:
If you concentrate on your religion and your relationship with God you would be a better person than complaining BOUT how others worship God. Ironically, it seems that you accept Buddaism, Judaism, Islam, etc as correct and proper modes of relating with God. Your only headache is the Church instituted by Christ.
My only headache is research.

1 Like

Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by Dnaz(m): 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2017
chatinent:
The Roman Catholic church has grown in a way that, in many lands, it is known. Here are few dos and doctrines of catholicism:
1. Performing signs of worship to/by use of graven images. The Bible forewarned us about creating any image used as, for worship. Exodus 20:4-5 completely made it clear to us to steer clear of graven images.
2. Baptizing at infantry, and method of baptism. The verge of sin, in Catholicism goes so far as baptizing at infantry. Is this in accordance with the bible? Last time I checked, Jesus was baptized at adult age when he could rightly make a choice. Catholics sprinkle water on the candidate for baptism and it's thereby stated baptism.
3. The reverend class doesn't marry or have sexual relation with the opposite sex. A friend of mine would always say: 'Reverend fathers are always said to be clean when their tool hasn't been detached.' smiley Truth has it that, in a hundred percent flock -- a couple I know of -- have dealings behind closed doors with the opposite sex (nuns) and some go homosexual. The remaining about fourth percent have to 'act' holy all their life. We all know, no man is righteous so far sin has already come to stay and imperfection is already getting a family of polygamy.
4. Forever-virgin Mary, the 'mother of God'. Mary was a virgin afore Jesus' birth, that's true. However, Mary did bear other children, how then is 'virgin' attributed to her?
- The worship of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and the use of the term, "Mother of God", as applied to her, originated in the Council of Ephesus and is pagan.
5. Heresies.
- Veneration of angels and dead saints is practised by Catholics. The Bible teaches that we pray to God alone. In the primitive church never were primitive directed to Mary, or to dead saints. This practice began in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Worship of the cross, images and relics was authorized and this was by order of Dowager Empress Irene of Constantinople, who first caused to pluck the eyes of her own son, Constantine VI, and then called a church council at the request of Hadrian I, pope of Rome at that time.
Such practice is called simply IDOLATRY in the Bible, and is severely condemned.
- Holy Water, mixed with a pinch of salt and blessed by the priest, was authorized.
- Canonization of dead saints, first by Pope John XV
Every believer and follower of Christ is called saint in the Bible im Catholicism.
- The Rossary, or prayer beads was introduced by Peter the Hermit, in the year 1090. Copied from Hindus and Mohammedans
The counting of prayers is a pagan practice and is expressly condemned by Christ. (Matthew 6:5-13)
- Confession of sin to the priest at least once a year was instituted by Pope Innocent III., in the Lateran Council
The Bible commands us to confess our sins direct to God. (Read Psalm 51:1-10; Luke 7:48; 15:21; 1st John 1:8-9).
6. Trinity. 'God the father, God the son, God the Holy spirit.' Simple explanation: if God was the Son, then who was Jesus praying to? If he were all in one, he never needed to pray to a distant entity, did he?' If God were the Holy Spirit, well, those angels who saw pretty women on Earth and came down wouldn't have been punished so far it was still one body, would they? smiley Jesus always said he was sent by the Father to Earth, that shows a gap. The Holy Spirit is God's special force.

Let's take a pause... These are just few, more coming for other beliefs. Do follow us. Well, what is your say on this topic?
Origin: http://www.chatdom.com.ng/education/see-six-catholic-church-doctrines-that-you-may-find-hard-to-believe/msg75/#msg75

Have u really said anything new. Ur tactics are not working, the gates of hell will not prevail
Et unam sanctam CATHOLICA et APOSTOLICA Ecclesiam

2 Likes

Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by juanomowa(m): 3:56pm On Oct 30, 2017
chatinent:

Go seek knowledge at its depth, and stop saying what you understand not.

The Angels are not the Holy Spirit. No being has ever seen the Holy Spirit, that which I could say human behold was that of the Dove that landed on Jesus during His baptism. And the Dove symbolizes peace.

And did you not read the Books of Isaiah at all, the beginning of the Book of Psalms, even the whole Old Testament? The Word was sent; He is unity in trinity! The Father, The Word, which is the Son, and the Holy Ghost; One Substance! One God!

Go read the lost books, arcane and apocryphal books, get out of that house of clay, you are a being of power, act like a god you are, search for answers in other planes!

1 Like

Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by chatinent: 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
juanomowa:

Go seek knowledge at its depth, and stop saying what you understand not.

The Angels are not the Holy Spirit. No being has ever seen the Holy Spirit, that which I could say human behold was that of the Dove that landed on Jesus during His baptism. And the Dove symbolizes peace.

And did you not read the Books of Isaiah at all, the beginning of the Book of Psalms, even the whole Old Testament? The Word was sent; He is unity in trinity! The Father, The Word, which is the Son, and the Holy Ghost; One Substance! One God!

Go read the lost books, arcane and apocryphal books, get out of that house of clay, you are a being of power, act like a god you are, search for answers in other planes!
Your translator ruined your opinions. Well, I am not a God.

1 Like

Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by OKpaewu(m): 4:21pm On Oct 30, 2017
Please bro, can you leave the Catholics alone
Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by juanomowa(m): 4:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
chatinent:

Your translator ruined your opinions. Well, I am not a God.

hahaha O man, how thou art fallen like the Morning Star of old, Lucifer, that you know not your value, nor whom you are!

1 Like

Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by chatinent: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2017
juanomowa:

hahaha O man, how thou art fallen like the Morning Star of old, Lucifer, that you know not your value, nor whom you are!
That's it, you guys must always resort to insults.
OKpaewu:
Please bro, can you leave the Catholics alone
I have no dealings with Catholics. I just stated their beliefs. Did I lie against them?
Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by juanomowa(m): 7:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
chatinent:

That's it, you guys must always resort to insults.

So funnny! Where is the insult?

I bet you don't know man was made to rule over all that the Most High created, even after their fall they are still gods, but ignorant reduced man to slaves.

Even the angels are called gods, what then is man whom the Grand God love so much that He commands His angels to bow to man? Not only that, He has given unto us the Key of Heaven, but we search for it not.

You may not understand any of these.
Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by johnydon22(m): 8:28pm On Oct 30, 2017
I want to comment on the issue of Mary being the Theothokos - Mother of God.

Please lets start with a question: Is Jesus God?
Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by purem(m): 8:48pm On Oct 30, 2017
johnydon22:
I want to comment on the issue of Mary being the Theothokos - Mother of God.

Please lets start with a question: Is Jesus God?

The complicated scripture attributes Jesus as God

And still describes him has a son of God

And the Christians often make use of the statement "JESUS IS LORD"

and Lord been the title of the Supreme God means they're actually calling him God..

So my answer to this question is JESUS MAY BE GOD
Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by johnydon22(m): 8:59pm On Oct 30, 2017
purem:

The complicated scripture attributes Jesus as God

And still describes him has a son of God

And the Christians often make use of the statement "JESUS IS LORD"

and Lord been the title of the Supreme God means they're actually calling him God..

So my answer to this question is JESUS MAY BE GOD

There are many parts of the scriptures that also suggest jesus isn't God. Anyway that is by the way.

let us assume now that Jesus is God, Mary gave birth to jesus when he wanted to visit earth.

Jesus = God
Mary = His Mother

How so does the OP think it's wrong to ascribe the title theotokos (Mother of God) to Mary?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by hahn(m): 9:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
The battle of who serves the imaginary friend better smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by purem(m): 9:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
johnydon22:

There are many parts of the scriptures that also suggest jesus isn't God. Anyway that is by the way.

let us assume now that Jesus is God, Mary gave birth to jesus when he wanted to visit earth.

Jesus = God
Mary = His Mother

How so does the OP think it's wrong to ascribe the title theotokos (Mother of God) to Mary?

Does Catholic took Mary as the mother of God or are you the one asserting that?
Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by johnydon22(m): 9:12pm On Oct 30, 2017
purem:

Does Catholic took Mary as the mother of God or are you the one asserting that?

Actually Theotokos is an established Marian title by the catholic church not my own assertion. Doubt me, recite the hail Mary
Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by Scholar8200(m): 10:08pm On Oct 30, 2017
johnydon22:

Jesus = God
Mary = His Mother

In my humble opinion, Mary cannot be the mother of God. I believe it is one of the many ways by which people exalt the creature more than the Creator.

God made Mary; God planned redemption and it included His incarnation; Mary , His creature, was to be His chosen means (just like the donkey was the means chosen for the Triumphal entry). Hence what matters is the purpose of it all, not the means He chose!

Then was there any Scripturally verifiable reason prior to the Incarnation that qualified Mary for this? No! What then? It was just God's choice. But she was a virgin! Yes, and there was many of them then. Just like there were many widows in Israel but Elijah was sent to the one at Zarepath.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by johnydon22(m): 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2017
Scholar8200:
In my humble opinion, Mary cannot be the mother of God. I believe it is one of the many ways by which people exalt the creature more than the Creator.

God made Mary; God planned redemption and it included His incarnation; Mary , His creature, was to be His chosen means (just like the donkey was the means chosen for the Triumphal entry). Hence what matters is the purpose of it all, not the means He chose!

Then was there any Scripturally verifiable reason prior to the Incarnation that qualified Mary for this? No! What then? It was just God's choice. But she was a virgin! Yes, and there was many of them then. Just like there were many widows in Israel but Elijah was sent to the one at Zarepath.

Is Mary mother of Jesus or not?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by Scholar8200(m): 10:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
johnydon22:

sure she was the mother of Jesus. But we must bear in mind that at the point of conception, she bore He Who, "
6 Though he was God,...
7... gave up his divine privileges
he took the humble position of a slave
and was born as a human being.
Phil. 2:6,7
Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by urahara(m): 10:33pm On Oct 30, 2017
Scholar8200:

Mary + Jesus = mother of Jesus

Jesus - god

If jesus = god

Therefore mary + god = mother of god.

End of discussion
Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by Scholar8200(m): 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2017
urahara:

Mary + Jesus = mother of Jesus

Jesus - god

If jesus = god

Therefore mary + god = mother of god.

End of discussion
But God created Mary. Hence she was just a vessel used, among many, by God
Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by urahara(m): 10:39pm On Oct 30, 2017
Scholar8200:

Yup . she breastfed god , bathed god and fed god .

1 Like

Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by johnydon22(m): 10:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
Scholar8200:
sure she was the mother of Jesus.
this is good enough for me.

Second question.

Is Jesus God or not?
Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by johnydon22(m): 10:47pm On Oct 30, 2017
Scholar8200:

Still doesn't mean she didn't give birth to Jesus who is God and thus a Mother of God.

Unless you don't know what a person who gives birth to someone is called.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by BluntBoy(m): 10:52pm On Oct 30, 2017
johnydon22:

Mary was the mother of Jesus but not the mother of God.
Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by hahn(m): 11:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
BluntBoy:

Mary was the mother of Jesus but not the mother of God.

Is Jesus not god? undecided
Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by chatinent: 11:28pm On Oct 30, 2017
johnydon22:

Jesus = God
Mary = His Mother

The argument started when bible translators called Jesus as Lord, and also referred to his father as LORD hiding his real name. Jesus is not God. Jesus is the Son of God. I can rightly say many wrong beliefs came from Catholicism. I was a catholic and there exist no beliefs I am not aware of.
Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by BluntBoy(m): 11:28pm On Oct 30, 2017
hahn:

Is Jesus not god? undecided

God defines the totality of Yahweh. Jesus is God the Son, but not the totality of Yahweh. There is God the father and God the Holy Spirit. These three are the totality of Yahweh. Yahweh is God of the universe who has manifested as a son (the sacrificial lamb) and a Comforter (the Holy Spirit) By calling Mary the Mother of God, you are rubbishing the fact that Yahweh has no beginning or end. Mary was a vessel. She herself needed to be saved.

"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May your word to me be fulfilled." Then the angel left her. (Luke 1:38)

And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. (Luke 1:47)

1 Like

Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by Scholar8200(m): 11:34pm On Oct 30, 2017
johnydon22:

Still doesn't mean she didn't give birth to Jesus who is God and thus a Mother of God.

Unless you don't know what a person who gives birth to someone is called.
well, after being told what God's plan was let's hear Mary :

Luke

38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.

I believe that settles it. She couldn't have said, "I am God's mother because she knew it was impossible to claim to give existence to the One Who gave her life and existence!
Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by Scholar8200(m): 11:35pm On Oct 30, 2017
BluntBoy:

God defines the totality of Yahweh. Jesus is God the Son, but not the totality of Yahweh. There is God the father and God the Holy Spirit. These three are the totality of Yahweh. Yahweh is God of the universe who has manifested as a son (the sacrificial lamb) and a Comforter (the Holy Spirit) By calling Mary the Mother of God, you are rubbishing the fact that Yahweh has no beginning or end. Mary was a vessel. She herself needed to be saved.

"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May your word to me be fulfilled." Then the angel left her. (Luke 1:38)

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by chatinent: 11:38pm On Oct 30, 2017
BluntBoy:

'God the son, God the father...' was not the idea of the original bible manuscripts. The translators translated wrongly, most times, translating figurative words as word-to-word meaning. It actually was 'God, His Son, and the Holy Spirit.' Catholic translators translated the bible based on their beliefs to suit what they say. How is 'Mary, God's mother?'
What about the forever virgin Mary? What about the graven images commemorating dead saints? Don't think I don't know what I say, I was born a Catholic and I know all their false worships.
Re: See Six Catholic Church Doctrines That You May Find Hard To Believe. by BluntBoy(m): 11:48pm On Oct 30, 2017
chatinent:

'God the son, God the father...' was not the idea of the original bible manuscripts. The translators translated wrongly, most times, translating figurative words as word-to-word meaning. It actually was 'God, His Son, and the Holy Spirit.' Catholic translators translated the bible based on their beliefs to suit what they say. How is 'Mary, God's mother?'
What about the forever virgin Mary? What about the graven images commemorating dead saints? Don't think I don't know what I say, I was born a Catholic and I know all their false worships.

Is Jesus God?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are The Angels Of God Male Or Female? / Happy Rakhi Wallpaper 2014 | Happy Raksha Bandhan 2014 Wallpaper / Cloudgoddess's Spiritual Views (part 1? Idk)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.