Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 (3318 Views)

Unions Protest Against Planned Concession Of Four Airports (photos, Video) / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Daily Sun Newspaper Headlines [4th October, 2017] / We Anxiously Await You, October 2017,arewa Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 03, 2017
relevanteism:
I will never.
The appalling thing is that they will continue to scam us while we keep watching. I have always maintained that Nigerians like to talk with little action though not all. The few are quickly interpolated and they go into the nodding mode.
We are to afraid to face our fear because we fear that the fear will lead to an abrupt end of all our dreams which this fear has not really helped to solve but has only made us a finest in the confine of a brutal suffering while the fearless laughs on.

It will be well when we unwell the all is well and hold the bull by the horn.
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by deomelo: 12:35am On Nov 03, 2017
[s]
relevanteism:
Guy even when you are faced with facts you are still arguing. Instead of questioning your governor, you are here defending the political rascals we call politicians. I beg to say you are either a part of this scam with your IPOB song.
It is good to be objective in reasoning and not foolishly support the guys who have no iota of care for you.
I think a forensic audit should be made to what happened to the initial budget for the said project, how much is the new coy paying back for the claimed work done and what process was followed for the procurement act.
I will never defend any politician that is a Nigerian. We know how dey go dey go.
[/s]

Keep quiet. I wasn't talking to you and if you must add your lazy mouth, you can help the person I quoted by showing us the yearly budget details like the lying poster claimed and if you don't have the facts, shut your mouth.

Other states are progressing, building their own airports, bridges, seaports and spo on while your own lazy ipob leaders dey do sidon look, shouting marginalization, abusing aregbe who is not your governor, who is not even responsive for your life, your taxes or allocations.

You wonder you don't progress and keep shouting marginalization..

Shameless people.
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by Nobody: 12:57am On Nov 03, 2017
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Keep quiet. I wasn't talking to you and if you must add your lazy mouth, you can help the person I quoted by showing us the yearly budget details like the lying poster claimed and if you don't have the facts, shut your mouth.

Other states are progressing, building their own airports, bridges, seaports and spo on while your own lazy ipob leaders dey do sidon look, shouting marginalization, abusing aregbe who is not your governor, who is not even responsive for your life, your taxes or allocations.

Shameless people.
Can you give this 'lazy ipod hater' more information about AWOL International that was registered in October as a Special Purpose Vehicle and on what what technical and financial basis they were awarded the 30 year concession?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by deomelo: 1:19am On Nov 03, 2017
DutchBruh:

Can you give us 'lazy ipod hater' more information about AWOL International that was registered in October as a Special Purpose Vehicle and on what what technical and financial basis they were awarded the 30 year concession?

If you are so bothered and concerned about the project, go to court and Sue the state government or just shut up.
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by Nobody: 2:20am On Nov 03, 2017
deomelo:

If you are so bothered and concerned about the project, go to court and Sue the state government or just shut up.
I am bothered on how our Nigeria leaders continue to scam us and make their generations rich forever and make foreign leaders slander us before the whole world.
I can tell your a beneficiary and eat of the crumbs of these looters that have turned Nigerians to destitutes in their own country.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by deomelo: 4:43am On Nov 03, 2017
DutchBruh:

I am bothered on how our Nigeria leaders continue to scam us and make their generations rich forever and make foreign leaders slander us before the whole world.
I can tell your a beneficiary and eat of the crumbs of these looters that have turned Nigerians to destitutes in their own country.

Speaking during a courtesy visit to Governor Rauf Aregbesola at Obafemi Awolowo Osun Governor’s Lodge, in Abuja, theTurkish Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr Hakan Cakil disclosed that efforts had reached the climax to support the state at completing the MKO Abiola International Airport, a development which he said will open windows for better relations between Nigeria and Turkey.

He said the decision to partner the state was aimed at complementing the efforts being put together by the Aregbesola’s administration at giving the state a befitting airport, just as he commended the state for coming up with the idea of having a unique international airport, capable of being a model in Nigeria and by extension, Africa.

Cakil assured Aregbesola that the partnering company, Biray Construction Company,‎ had the full the backing of the Turkish government, expressing optimism that quality job will be delivered at the end of it all.

He therefore assured that the execution of the airport will not only foster good relationship between the Osun State and Turkey, but also provide ample business opportunities between the partnering governments.

In his remarks, the chairman, Biray Construction Company, Birol Arikan‎ assured Osun State government of quality service delivery, stressing that the company possess the capacity to deliver on its mandate when being given a partnership, which he said will to turn around ‎the airport.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/turkish-govt-partner-osun-completion-mko-abiola-international-airport/

Look here ignorant ipob. Corruption is your corrupt brain that's crying and wailing over what you don't know anything about, I even doubt you know the meaning of corruption regarding this project.

1. This project is going to be privately funded, not by Osun state government or Aregbeshola unless you mean this reputable foreign private (Biray Group) company funding the project is not interested in the project and they are just going to give Aregbe the funding money to pocket for himself and we won't see any airport less than a year from now.

This is how silly and thoughtless many of you are.

2. The Turkish government, a sovereign Nation is not only backing this project, putting their country and reputation on the line by guaranteeing the construction and vouching on behalf of the construction company to build the airport and also deliver on time.

So are they doing this just because of corruption?

3. Even if you have to shout and wail corruption, shouldn't you at least wait till after a year from now and there is still no airport?

Beats me why Nigeria is so blessed with shallow thinking and ignorant youths.

You people just need to shut up sometimes and instead take your rubbish to your villages where you are and your incompetent governors are still begging everybody for airports and shouting merginalization while other states are moving forward and building their own airports.
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by Nobody: 5:21am On Nov 03, 2017
deomelo:

Look here ignorant ipob. Corruption is your corrupt brain that's crying and wailing over what you don't know anything about, I even doubt you know the meaning of corruption regarding this project.

1. This project is going to be privately funded, not by Osun state government or Aregbeshola unless you mean this reputable foreign private (Biray Group) company funding the project is not interested in the project and they are just going to give Aregbe the funding money to pocket for himself and we won't see any airport less than a year from now.

2. The Turkish government, a sovereign Nation is not only backing this project, putting their country and reputation on the line by guaranteeing the construction and vouching on behalf of the construction company to build the airport and also deliver on time.

3. Even if you have to shout and wail corruption, shouldn't you at least wait till after a year from now and there is still no airport?

You people just need to shut up sometimes and instead take your rubbish to your villages where you are and your incompetent governors are still begging everybody for airports and shouting merginalization while other states are moving forward and building their own airports.
You are extremely dishonest and a puppet that is hungry, that will dance to whichever tune you collect from your corrupt paymasters.

I looked into the Biray Group and they have never constructed an airport before. Check all their projects on their website.
How where they then able to win the contract for the 30 year concession?

Also,why didn't you address the fact that AWOL international their partner in the concession was registered a few weeks before the final papers were signed?

1 Like

Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by deomelo: 6:41am On Nov 03, 2017
DutchBruh:

You are extremely dishonest and a puppet that is hungry, that will dance to whichever tune you collects from corrupt paymasters.

I looked into the Biray Group they have never constructed an airport before. Check all their projects on their website.
How where they then able to win the contract for the 30 year concession?

Also,why didn't you address the fact that AWOL international their partner in the concession was registered a few weeks before the final papers were signed?

1. A credible construction company can build anything based on established manual and designs, this is what contractors do so that was a weak and ignorant argument.

2. The Turkish government is putting their weight and reputation on the line and vouching for the construction company to do a good job so please tell us why a sovereign Nation like Turkey is sticking their neck out for the company if the company can not do the job?

3. Osun state has nothing to do with funding or spending the funds so what is the basis for your ignorant wahala and headache? What is you meaningless point here?

4. What is my business with Awol? Awol is not the contractor or the concessionaire or even the manager so wetin concern me with all that.

My interest is the contractor delivering the project in less than a year so all that is your own headache.

I'd still love to see the corruption you are talking about like how much budget you gave to aregbeshola and how much was stolen from the Turkish funds by aregbeshola. Or maybe you are just another jobless ipob running around, hating and spewing ignorant rubbish al over the place.
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 03, 2017
Great job op. It doesnt take an Einstein to realize that this is just an avenue to siphon funds. Our politicians are rogues, all of them. Awarding a contract of this magnitude to a newly registered company? A firm with no records, no goodwill, no nothing. A firm that is barely even 2 months old by CAC standards? I know it's easy to say they were already operating before getting registered but how do they argue the fact that there is virtually no record of them on the internet space?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 03, 2017
deomelo:

1. A credible construction company can build anything based on established manual and designs, this is what contractors do so that was a weak and ignorant argument.

2. The Turkish government is putting their weight and reputation on the line and vouching for the construction company to do a good job so please tell us why a sovereign Nation like Turkey is sticking their neck out for the company if the company can not do the job?

3. Osun state has nothing to do with funding or spending the funds so what is the basis for your ignorant wahala and headache? What is you meaningless point here?

4. What is my business with Awol? Awol is not the contractor or the concessionaire or even the manager so wetin concern me with all that.

My interest is the contractor delivering the project in less than a year so all that is your own headache.

I'd still love to see the corruption you are talking about like how much budget you gave to aregbeshola and how much was stolen from the Turkish funds by aregbeshola. Or maybe you are just another jobless ipob running around, hating and spewing ignorant rubbish al over the place.

AWOL International is an equal partner in the venture,why are you trying to deflect? How will you give a 30 year concession to a company that never handled an airport project before?
You're as dishonest as your corrupt masters
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 03, 2017
deomelo:

AWOL International is an equal partner in the venture,why are you trying to deflect? How will you a 30 year concession to a company that never handled an airport project before?
You're as dishonest as your corrupt masters
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 03, 2017
exguest:
Great job op. It doesnt take an Einstein to realize that this is just an avenue to siphon funds. Our politicians are rogues, all of them. Awarding a contract of this magnitude to a newly registered company? A firm with no records, no goodwill, no nothing. A firm that is barely even 2 months old by CAC standards? I know it's easy to say they were already operating before getting registered but how do they argue the fact that there is virtually no record of them on the internet space?
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by ruqoyah26(f): 8:05am On Nov 03, 2017
Hummmn, watching ooo . # September 22, 2018 de tan. #WPN,2018 #youthrevolution #Adeyeye2018 #osunreformation.
Welfare party of Nigeria on facebook or www.wpnigeria.com
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by walexydo: 9:03am On Nov 03, 2017
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Shameless people.
mMy friend keep your mouth shut.Which airport ar u taking about , is it d one they awarded 6b for in 2014 , to be completed in 8 month but later reviewed to 11b to be completed in 8 month again.Now the scam govt.concessioned it to a newly registered company for 69b.can't you see this one will go the way of opon-imon project, O-reap, O-beef project and all other scammed projects of this govt.my friend don't be gullible .This project is a scam
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 03, 2017
NWA55:
BOOST YOUR ACCOUNT AND SEE TEXT BELOW..BET TO A MAN OF YOURSELF..BET9JA BOOKING CODE?
TODAY FIXED MATCH BOOKING CODE IS AT YOUR DOOR
STEP"PLS STAKE HIGHER"
DONT MISS OUT THIS OPPORTUNITY..WINNING IS GUARANTEED
CALL OR WHATSAPP FOR TODAY GAME
GTFOH bruh
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by johnnyvid(m): 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
the concessions of M.K.O airport is another white elephant project. i don't think it will see the light of the day. first and foremost i passed through that place yesterday and i shook my head on the abandoned project. this project ought to have been completed since 2015 according to the former contractor that was handling the said project before. infact let me shock you here, the big projects has gulp up to 3.5b naira so far the projects has started. and now nothing to show for it on the said airport. well we will all wait till next year june and see what's going on in m.k.o airport. i don't think it will see the light of the day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by johnnyvid(m): 2:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
cc lalasticlala cc mynd44 cc seun fp attention. more people have to talk about the projects.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
johnnyvid:
the concessions of M.K.O airport is another white elephant project. i don't think it will see the light of the day. first and foremost i passed through that place yesterday and i shook my head on the abandoned project. this project ought to have been completed since 2015 according to the former contractor that was handling the said project before. infact let me shock you here, the big projects has gulp up to 3.5b naira so far the projects has started. and now nothing to show for it on the said airport. well we will all wait till next year june and see what's going on in m.k.o airport. i don't think it will see the light of the day.
Just like the white elephant project in Asaba,Delta State that was never completed by former governor,Uduaghan. Fayose also wanted to build a airport.It looks like it is the easiest route to loot through a Special Purpose Vehicle that hides the interst of goverement officials in the project.
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
johnnyvid:
cc lalasticlala cc mynd44 cc seun fp attention. more people have to talk about the projects.
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by BudeYahooCom: 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
Aregbe rascal is a silent thief deceiving his people in oshogbo.

How will he not steal with his phantom and neonate companies when his dirty and ewedu stinky oshogbo compatriots like sarrki, oladeebo etc in rusty osun are more engrossed in IPOB matters than holding the daft goatee mor0n they call 'gomina' accountable. grin

No wonder IDP camps are springing up everywhere in osun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by wirinet(m): 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
deomelo:

Even though we all hate IPOB and its modus operandi, you cannot shout IPOB as excuse and justification for suspicious and fraudulent projects.

You that is wise and thoughtful should have come down from your high horse and educated us silly and thoughtless ones on the details of the project. What is going to be the contributions of the Osun state government, what is the equity contributions of AWOL? Where is the memorandum and article of association of the whole project, and what is the contributions of the Turkish government, if any. Also what is the role of the Nigerian federal government as no state can enter into any agreement with a state government without the involvement of the FG.

Yes it is possible for a reputable foreign private firm like blue ray to give aregbe the funding money in his pocket if the project is skewed heavily in their favour. Ie, the actual cost of the project can be N10 billion, but concessioned at N60 billion. The company could put 5 billions into aregbe's pocket for the humongous expected benefits. Beside, aregbe could allocate lands worth billions to the foreign firm as part of Osun state's contribution to the project as tinubu did to Lekki concession company in the lekki express way concession.

As I asked above, please furnish us with the details of the Turkish government's involvement.

People have rights to ask questions, when issues are not clear, especially issues that has to do with public finances and obligations

You hero aregbe has been as incompetent, if not more incompetent than almost all other governors, all his previous projects had ended up as abysmal failures, you cannot blame people of being suspicious of this one. This is a governor that is owing civil servants over 6 months salary.
Airport should not even be a priority now, when the roads are in abysmally poor state, same with other public infrastructure. What percentage of the population are expected to use the airport as compared with road and road transportation infrastructure. What is the profitability of an airport in Osun, even when most airports in the western world except the major ones, are finding it difficult posting profits.
This is a classic white elephant project.
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by OBAGADAFFI: 4:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
Seriously undecided
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
wirinet:

Even though we all hate IPOB and its modus operandi, you cannot shout IPOB as excuse and justification for suspicious and fraudulent projects.

You that is wise and thoughtful should have come down from your high horse and educated us silly and thoughtless ones on the details of the project. What is going to be the contributions of the Osun state government, what is the equity contributions of AWOL? Where is the memorandum and article of association of the whole project, and what is the contributions of the Turkish government, if any. Also what is the role of the Nigerian federal government as no state can enter into any agreement with a state government without the involvement of the FG.

Yes it is possible for a reputable foreign private firm like blue ray to give aregbe the funding money in his pocket if the project is skewed heavily in their favour. Ie, the actual cost of the project can be N10 billion, but concessioned at N60 billion. The company could put 5 billions into aregbe's pocket for the humongous expected benefits. Beside, aregbe could allocate lands worth billions to the foreign firm as part of Osun state's contribution to the project as tinubu did to Lekki concession company in the lekki express way concession.

As I asked above, please furnish us with the details of the Turkish government's involvement.

People have rights to ask questions, when issues are not clear, especially issues that has to do with public finances and obligations

You hero aregbe as been as incompetent if not more incompetent than almost all other governors, all his previous projects had ended up as abysmal failures, you you cannot blame people of being suspicious of this one. This is a governor that is owing civil servants over 6 months salary.
Airport should not even be a priority now, when the roads are in abysmally poor state, same with other public infrastructure. What percentage of the population are expected to use the airport as compared with road and road transportation infrastructure. What is the profitability of an airport in Osun, even when most airports in the western world except the major ones, are finding it difficult posting profits.
They hate when educated Nigerians ask questions. They want us to remain sheep and zombies. I have zero trust in Nigerian leaders,they are too corrupt.
This project is a massive scam and the concession is fraudulent. I'm in auditor, and I want to know on what basis was two revisions made to the final contract sum. Why did the cost jump from N11 billion to N69 billion?
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
deomelo:

A project jumped from N4.5B to N11, and now N69B. It is a pity that Osun got it wrong with their choice.
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by johnnyvid(m): 5:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
DutchBruh:

Just like the white elephant project in Asaba,Delta State that was never completed by former governor,Uduaghan. Fayose also wanted to build a airport.It looks like it is the easiest route to loot through a Special Purpose Vehicle that hides the interst of goverement officials in the project.
thanks for your reply here. well i have been reading your comment thus far. infact i love the way you analysed your views here. you are really nailing it on the head. i don't think the projects will see the light of the day. besides they have been singing some songs that it was economic recession that stopped the projects earlier. and besides it wasn't true. they used these white elephant projects to loot the state treasury dry. it is only almighty God that will judge them. By the special grace of God sparing our lives till next year, we will all come here and still analyse their fraud about this white elephant projects. these are the reasons why i want a pdp governor in the state of Osun. at least their party will check mate the fraudulent act the Apc government have done while in office. with the help of EFCC and ICPC, ogbeni and his aides will vomits some yams.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by johnnyvid(m): 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2017
wirinet:

You hero aregbe has been as incompetent, if not more incompetent than almost all other governors, all his previous projects had ended up as abysmal failures, you cannot blame people of being suspicious of this one. This is a governor that is owing civil servants over 6 months salary.
thanks for your reply here. you really know what's going on in the state of Osun. the so called m.k.o airport is a big scam. that's what he did in all the 1km roads and still all the roads infrastructure hasn't finish by now. ogbeni finish osun state to tune that when pdp win and resume government, they will have to be paying series of debt and not doing tangible projects during their term.
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2017
johnnyvid:
thanks for your reply here. well i have been reading your comment thus far. infact i love the way you analysed your views here. you are really nailing it on the head. i don't think the projects will see the light of the day. besides they have been singing some songs that it was economic recession that stopped the projects earlier. and besides it wasn't true. they used these white elephant projects to loot the state treasury dry. it is only almighty God that will judge them. By the special grace of God sparing our lives till next year, we will all come here and still analyse their fraud about this white elephant projects. these are the reasons why i want a pdp governor in the state of Osun. at least their party will check mate the fraudulent act the Apc government have done while in office. with the help of EFCC and ICPC, ogbeni and his aides will vomits some yams.
PDP will be worse.Omisore is a ruthless and evil man, He cannot be allowed to be Governor of Osun or a godfather behind the scenes. I wish Osun had an alternative party they could vote for.
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by johnnyvid(m): 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
DutchBruh:

PDP will be worse.Omisore is a ruthless and evil man, He cannot be allowed to be Governor of Osun or a godfather behind the scenes. I wish Osun had an alternative party they could vote for.
thanks for your reply here. well i don't think PdP will use ex-senator Iyiola Omisore to contest for the next year governorship election. besides, omisore is from osun east senatorial zone. likewise the incumbent governor is from osun east senatorial zone and he's already using his 8 years tenure. the only constituency and senatorial zone that hasn't produce any governor is Osun west senatorial. both the PDP and Apc hasn't field anyone from there. so it is now the turn for osun west senatorial zone to produce another man that will succeed ogbeni next year. what everyone is saying is that the zone that will produce the next governor should come from osun west senatorial districts. PDP are really prepare for it.
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by johnnyvid(m): 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2017
DutchBruh:

i will say it here that the people are no more voting for party. what the voters are voting for is the personality. and not party.
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by deomelo: 8:03pm On Nov 03, 2017
[s]
wirinet:

[/s]

Very redundant, speculative, irrelevant and meaningless.

Save your essay and repost in 8 months time if we don't have the best or any airport in Osun state.
Re: Osun Awarded Concession Of Airport To Company Registered in October 2017 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 03, 2017
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Very redundant, speculative, irrelevant and meaningless.

Save your essay and repost in 8 months time if we don't have the best or any airport in Osun state.

You're so gullible you put you faith in corrupt Nigeria politicians.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Is MC Oluomo Dead? / 2023: Buhari Should Honour The Agreement He Had With Tinubu To Succeed Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.