Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis (2426 Views)

Christian Hymn I Love To Sing: "My Jesus, I Love Thee" / My Jesus Experience / Is it Provocative For Muslims To Call Jesus A "PROPHET" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Real history is His Story. Get to know Him today, His name is Jesus. smiley

He can kiss my ass. Then I will bleep him hard.
Re: Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59pm On Jan 21, 2020
maynia:

He can kiss my ass. Then I will bleep him hard.

The Genesis account being fulfilled.

Re: Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 21, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

The Genesis account being fulfilled.

A snake talking.
Nice
Re: Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:25pm On Jan 21, 2020
maynia:

A snake talking.
Nice

Don't you believe evolution science that proves that snake talks? shocked

Re: Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

I do and the science behind Deuteronomy 17:12, Exodus 22:17, Leviticus 20:27.
And so so on, what a loving science.
Re: Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 21, 2020
wink
OLAADEGBU:

Re: Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
maynia:

I do and the science behind Deuteronomy 17:12, Exodus 22:17, Leviticus 20:27.
And so so on, what a loving science.

Science confirms the Bible. cheesy

--> https://www.nairaland.com/641356/science-confirms-bible

Re: Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 21, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Science confirms one of the collection of books.
Re: Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 21, 2020

Re: Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Those guys over there really dealt with you grin grin
Re: Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 21, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

I really like that thread.

lol grin
Re: Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 22, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

You don't believe Wikipedia..but you believe answeringenesis , wawu!
Re: Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 22, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

You want to defend Christianity, you don't want to know the truth or better still you don't want to think for yourself, answeringenesis is doing it for you

Re: Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 22, 2020
Re: Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:51pm On Jan 22, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Nestorianism

Orig., 5th cent. Jesus has two unmixed, unrelated, natures. *Jesus is two distinct natures, and only one, the human nature, was birthed by Mary. *Nestorius (5th cent.) vigorously opposed the phrase “[Mary] Mother of God” (Theotokos), preferring the phrase “Mother of Christ” (Kristotokos). *The human and divine natures are separate and distinct. *Condemned at the Council of Ephesus in 431AD.

Heretical beliefs contd.

Monothelitism

Orig.: 7th cent. Jesus lacked a human will. *Originally taught in 633AD in Armenia and Syria by Vigilius and Pope Honorius. *Affirmed Jesus’s human and divine natures, but denied that Jesus had two wills. *Jesus’s divine will meant he would not/could not have conflicted desires. *Condemned in the Third Council of Constantinople, 680-681AD
Re: Not My Jesus: A List Of Christological Heresis by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:15am On Jan 26, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Heretical beliefs contd.

Monothelitism

Orig.: 7th cent. Jesus lacked a human will. *Originally taught in 633AD in Armenia and Syria by Vigilius and Pope Honorius. *Affirmed Jesus’s human and divine natures, but denied that Jesus had two wills. *Jesus’s divine will meant he would not/could not have conflicted desires. *Condemned in the Third Council of Constantinople, 680-681AD

Mythicism

Orig., 19th cent. Jesus was only a mythical character. *Originally taught by Charles Francois Dupuis (1742-1809). There are two-major variations. Strong mythicism teaches that there was no historical Jesus, a.k.a., Jesus of Nazareth. Weak Mythicism teaches that the “Jesus of faith” is radically different from the Jesus of history who was, instead, either a mere mortal subject to evolving myth and legend or he is an amalgam of characters and events fused together in the course of legendary accrual.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Joe Anwuzia Recovers From Kidney Failure / Where Do I Redeem My Vow / I Want You , My Nairaland Bros And Sis To Pray For Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.