Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,085 members, 7,807,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help (3879 Views)

It Was A Brutal Fight Between Me And My Best Friend Now (enemy) Over A Girl / I'm Dating Her Friend Now She's Getting Jealous / My Friend Told Her Boyfriend That I Am Just A Friend,, Now This Is Happening. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by ORAGBON(m): 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2017
Dear Jzhane,

I have a big mouth,yes I admit and I am so ashamed right now.

I met Obinna last year and he did admit that it was my bluntness that attracted me to him. I am someone who likes to say it the way it is. I am very blunt and direct.

Over the course of the relationship,Obi has also said to me that I should tone down my bluntness. I had then began to wonder: why this same h=guy who was attracted to my being very real is asking me to change.

I didn’t like that his suggestion. And frankly speaking,I felt like he wanted to control me.

We have quarreled about this a couple of times but we also reconciled.

If I am completely honest,I think that I take things a little too far. For example,the day Obi introduced me to his elder sister,the woman said to me that she didn’t like my tinted hair (which was gold)…and I told her that I didn’t like her nails. I told her also that my hair choice is my business. But I think I should have just kept quiet.

The last issue we had was two weeks ago,since that time,Obi has not been picking my calls. He is avoiding me. I don’t know if he doesn’t want the relationship anymore.

What happened was that Obi and I went for a party of his colleague who was having a house warming party. As we sat eating and drinking,Obi asked me to pick up his second phone which he left in his car. I was engrossed in the gist that was going on so I told him to go get it himself that I was not going to miss the gist. He said,babe,please go and get my phone a second time. At that point,I lost it and said,biko,am not your servant…leave me,either you get it yourself or stay without it.

As we sent home that day,Obi refused to speak with me. He dropped me off and that is the last time I have seen or heard from him. I have sent countless text messages (which I had to swallow my pride for) apologizing for my attitude. Yet,Obi has not reached out to me..

I thought about going to his place but I am scared he might not want to see me. The shame of open rejection,I cannot bear.

What do you think I should do? How do I win back Obi the love of my life?

More importantly,how do I change my behavior without loosing my self esteem?. I pride myself as a strong educated young woman,.I was raised to be very independent. I hate it when a woman is not allowed to express herself because it is believed to be a man’s world. Men don’t like women who are very outspoken but isn’t that prejudice? I know a woman should submit to her man but to what extent? Shouldn’t men be able to also accept a strong,opinionated and smart woman…

I guess I need to know how to balance this. Please help me.

From Sandy,

V.I,
Lagos

www.http://livelystones.com.ng/i-offended-my-boyfriendnow-he-is-not-talking-to-me-please-help-me/

1 Like

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by Harwoyeez(m): 6:19pm On Oct 30, 2017
Just continue....wisdom is necessary to direct... In all thy getting, get wisdom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by dhamstar(m): 6:31pm On Oct 30, 2017
After you don use mouth push beta person away u con come NL dey find relationship counselor. E be like say u knw no say husband material no common abi

8 Likes

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by uzoormah(m): 6:49pm On Oct 30, 2017
U felt as if he was controlling you abi?? you want to control him..this is the main problem with girls in this buhari era..they want to rule the men

#spits!!

You can even insult your mother inlaw..well, u have to tame ur mouth before thunder from sapele will do it 4 u

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by ofonike: 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2017
Swallow your pride. Then the solution will come to you.
Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by Blackhawk01: 7:02pm On Oct 30, 2017
ORAGBON:
Dear Jzhane,

I met Obinna last year and he did admit that it was my bluntness that attracted me to him. I am someone who likes to say it the way it is. I am very blunt and direct.

Over the course of the relationship,Obi has also said to me that I should tone down my bluntness. I had then began to wonder: why this same h=guy who was attracted to my being very real is asking me to change.

I didn’t like that his suggestion. And frankly speaking,I felt like he wanted to control me.

If I am completely honest,I think that I take things a little too far. For example,the day Obi introduced me to his elder sister,the woman said to me that she didn’t like my tinted hair (which was gold)…and I told her that I didn’t like her nails. I told her also that my hair choice is my business. But I think I should have just kept quiet.

The last issue we had was two weeks ago,since that time,Obi has not been picking my calls. He is avoiding me. I don’t know if he doesn’t want the relationship anymore.

What happened was that Obi and I went for a party of his colleague who was having a house warming party. As we sat eating and drinking,Obi asked me to pick up his second phone which he left in his car. I was engrossed in the gist that was going on so I told him to go get it himself that I was not going to miss the gist. He said,babe,please go and get my phone a second time. At that point,I lost it and said,biko,am not your servant…leave me,either you get it yourself or stay without it.

As we sent home that day,Obi refused to speak with me. He dropped me off and that is the last time I have seen or heard from him. I have sent countless text messages (which I had to swallow my pride for) apologizing for my attitude. Yet,Obi has not reached out to me..

I thought about going to his place but I am scared he might not want to see me. The shame of open rejection,I cannot bear.

LOL! There's a thin line between being blunt and being stupidly rude, you know your case already. It's funny when girls use the "I'm blunt like that" tag to cover up their proud and rude arse. Dude actually pleaded with you to help him get the phone but the gist sweet you sotey you misyarn for your bobo in public! My sister, that's an outright display of disrespect to your man.

I don't have an advice to give you because I won't even let my brother marry your type before you carry your bluntness and comman insult MamaBlacky... undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by Homeboiy: 7:02pm On Oct 30, 2017
Stop disturbing us with another persons problem s undecided
Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by Dasherz(f): 7:05pm On Oct 30, 2017
ORAGBON:

More importantly,how do I change my behavior without loosing my self esteem?. I pride myself as a strong educated young woman,.I was raised to be very independent. I hate it when a woman is not allowed to express herself because it is believed to be a man’s world. Men don’t like women who are very outspoken but isn’t that prejudice? I know a woman should submit to her man but to what extent? Shouldn’t men be able to also accept a strong,opinionated and smart woman…

the real test of education is that which has molded your character and mind .. going to school is not education

that being said . the fat that one is educated (schooled) as a woman does not in anyway open the grounds for a rash attitude especially in public .. darn education now and lets face the real devil here (your character) no matter how engrossed you are or how angry you seem to be at that moment it is advisable not to disrespect a man in public especially in front of his friends and colleagues .. men are creatures molded on a pound of ego and flesh and bursting a man's balls in front of his friends is a no go act

i think visiting the guy will help, if need be kneel down and beg him (depending on the commitment) a guy seeing you being submissive and remorseful will forgive if he is not the hardened kind

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by xrisdon(m): 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2017
To be honest with you, from what you narrated above, you are very rude, arrogant, disrespectful and insubordinate.
learn to differentiate between having self esteem, being independent and educated to the bad attitude.

for your information, you can not be a woman and be acting like a man and same goes to man. God has given each one a roll to play, as a woman you MUST be submissive to your man, if you can't then don't marry or be in a relationship period.

3 Likes

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 30, 2017
Even if you are opinionated, you should understand that some things are better left unsaid, you mustn't reply or comment on every thing someone said to you with harshness.

1 Like

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by decatalyst(m): 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2017
Blackhawk01:

LOL! There's a thin line between being blunt and being stupidly rude, you know your case already. It's funny when girls use the "I'm blunt like that" tag to cover up their proud and rude arse. Dude actually pleaded with you to help him get the phone but the gist sweet you sotey you misyarn for your bobo in public! My sister, that's an outright display of disrespect to your man.

I don't have an advice to give you because I won't even let my brother marry your type before you carry your bluntness and comman insult MamaBlacky... undecided

#Nailed!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by jashar(f): 8:21pm On Oct 30, 2017
The lady get problem, fine.

But why the guy no fit get his own phone? undecided tongue
Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by cstr1000: 8:49pm On Oct 30, 2017
One of the greatest delusion in this section is to believe we care about your relationship problem.
Nobody gives a flying fucck. We don't know you and we don't want to.
You did not involve us when you guys were making love, why should you involve us now?

1 Like

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by free2ryhme: 8:52pm On Oct 30, 2017
ORAGBON:
Dear Jzhane,

From Sandy,

V.I,
Lagos

www.livelystones.com.ng

Go and drink acid undecided
Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by Readwarn(m): 9:21pm On Oct 30, 2017
First of you r really articulate cheesy
Learn how to swallow your pride. Humility costs nothing and you sure won't lose ur self esteem for it
Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by S2kluv: 10:32pm On Oct 30, 2017
jashar:

Another one spotted

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by MisterDin(m): 10:48pm On Oct 30, 2017
Sincerely, you've not learnt your lessons. Saying your mind doesn't show you have high self-esteem.

1 Like

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by Zhahovic(m): 11:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
Really sorry to hear this......this is one of the reasons my last relationship crashed... the thing about being blunt is that the barbed words U spit out can not be taken back after U apologise......the effects really linger...
And I guess your bf is thinking...he can't cope with your bluntness when U marry....can U really tone it down after U marry?
Just pray and apologise to him....for real..tone down the bluntness..!
Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by Nobody: 11:21pm On Oct 30, 2017
She lacks basic social skills. Everything na fight and battle. That's not what a strong woman is. Had she gone and got him the damn phone dealt with him in private then she'd be a strong woman.
Youth misunderstanding feminism at it's height, this had nothing to do with the genders it was a relationship issue. I would've given him one look like that and he'd think twice about his next move.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by free2ryhme: 11:43pm On Oct 30, 2017
ORAGBON:
Dear Jzhane,

From Sandy,

V.I,
Lagos

www.livelystones.com.ng

Psquare standard of break-up has been raised

if twins can separate what is special about relationship breakup/separation
Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by Nobody: 3:23am On Oct 31, 2017
You can’t have two of both worlds. You either stay independent and forget about men or accept that there can’t be two captains in a ship.

You guys can’t cheat nature, if you feel like a servant at a point you are required to honour your man, then don’t bother looking for a relationship with a man.

What you have is inferiority complex otherwise you will not see the big deal in doing stuff for the one you love.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by Blackhawk01: 6:14am On Oct 31, 2017
decatalyst:

#Nailed!

Girls are becoming something else all because they want to prove they can't answer to any man which is pretty annoying jawe... I have issues taking orders too but I'm working on mine and I've decided to stay off relationships until I don't see doing things for my partners as being taken for a slave. It's a thing to know your problem and try solving it in order not to hurt those you care about with it, it's another ball game entirely when you know your problem and instead of working on it, you want him to accept with your baggages because no one can change you abi "I can't comman change for any man" like they say. Mbanu! Kolewerk! angry undecided
Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by decatalyst(m): 6:19am On Oct 31, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Girls are becoming something else all because they want to prove they can't answer to any man which is pretty annoying jawe... I have issues taking orders too but I'm working on mine and I've decided to stay off relationships until I don't see doing things for my partners as being taken for a slave. It's a thing to know your problem and try solving it in order not to hurt those you care about with it, it's another ball game entirely when you know your problem and instead of working on it, you want him to accept with your baggages because no one can change you abi "I can't comman change for any man" like they say. Mbanu! Kolewerk! angry undecided

Babe oya...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by MrHenshaw: 8:41am On Oct 31, 2017
ORAGBON:
Dear Jzhane,

From Sandy,

V.I,
Lagos

www.livelystones.com.ng

@ Relationship counsel contact henshawok @gmail.com
Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 31, 2017
Dasherz:

the real test of education is that which has molded your character and mind .. going to school is not education

that being said . the fat that one is educated (schooled) as a woman does not in anyway open the grounds for a rash attitude especially in public .. darn education now and lets face the real devil here (your character) no matter how engrossed you are or how angry you seem to be at that moment it is advisable not to disrespect a man in public especially in front of his friends and colleagues .. men are creatures molded on a pound of ego and flesh and bursting a man's balls in front of his friends is a no go act

i think visiting the guy will help, if need be kneel down and beg him (depending on the commitment) a guy seeing you being submissive and remorseful will forgive if he is not the hardened kind
Precise. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by laliga01: 9:08am On Oct 31, 2017
jashar:

Another sadist spotted.
Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by terrezo2002(m): 9:11am On Oct 31, 2017
Your problems are big.
Mouth diarrhoea. When you have to comment to everything.
Pride, It goes before a fall. If you think you are always right and you must defend yourself then you have a problem.
A wise woman builds her home but a foolish woman pulls it down.
Many women are like this that's why men don't marry them.
Good news is that you can change, you can learn.
The best way is that you must first submit to God&s authority, then it will be easy for you to submit to people. Good luck
Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by jashar(f): 9:24am On Oct 31, 2017
laliga01:

Another sadist spotted.

You are not well for calling a stranger a sadist.

Seriously, people lack proper mannerisms... undecided

1 Like

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by holysaint1(m): 10:02am On Oct 31, 2017
jashar:

This is just what we are tryna address here...

Now they are still courting (not yet married) and a simple act of submissiveness (in public) is no where to be found.
Mind you, during courting both parties are still accessing their characters for compatibility.

Now tell me.. If it were to be ur broda, would you advice him to go ahead with the relationship ??

In fact she is lucky that its not a family function.. She for know what sup.
Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by ozoneymcm: 10:04am On Oct 31, 2017
ORAGBON:
Dear Jzhane,

From Sandy,

V.I,
Lagos

www.livelystones.com.ng
Seems like someone else's story but just in case the op is actually the victim,call 08083342434 for counselling

Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by holysaint1(m): 10:11am On Oct 31, 2017
Dimples129:
She lacks basic social skills. Everything na fight and battle. That's not what a strong woman is. Had she gone and got him the damn phone dealt with him in private then she'd be a strong woman.
Youth misunderstanding feminism at it's height, this had nothing to do with the genders it was a relationship issue. I would've given him one look like that and he'd think twice about his next move.

You think undecided
Re: I Offended My Boy Friend, Now He Is Not Talking To Me...please Help by smartpyzee(m): 10:12am On Oct 31, 2017
Madam.. .i think you are don't know the mean of the word blunt undecided see girl you are rude and proud finish!! !!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guess My Nationality Just By Looking At My Photo / My First Sex Experience With A Virgin Girl / Should I Continue Or Put An End To This Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.