Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:45 PM

BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED (38204 Views)

Another Peter Obi Lie Busted. Twitter User Exposes Him And His Lie. / Peter Obis Lie Busted About His ICT Involvement In Anambra. Pic / "Lai Mohammed's Big Lie Busted" - By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by GoldNiagara(m): 5:04am On Oct 31, 2017
prodigy24:

You are insulting our intelligence with this nonsense.
My last post on this is, people lodged money into banks with hope of getting the equivalent, but was given a paltry of 20 pounds. My parents were victims, they told me that people contributed money across the village, but was disappointed when 20 pounds was given to them. Now answer me how much can 30 persons get from 20pounds? What ratio will you use to share it?
What happened? My parent forsake the money to the account owner, went home empty handed ,stared from the beginning and you are here .making conjectures. Why don't you go and ask people who are truly affected about their story, instead of you coming on nairaland to incur generational curses!

How about the hundreds of million Pounds stolen by Ojukwu at the central bank in Enugu, that is a Nigerian bank, but those bank deposits you guys always lie about were privately owned like Aribisalao rightly stated, so assuming but not conceding, that they had monies in the banks, is it the Nigerian government that should bear the responsibility for a private contract between a banker and its IBO customer.Nonsense

You guys are liars, ingrates and thieves.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by 9jaDoc(f): 5:18am On Oct 31, 2017
Op go to the person who taught u English and take your money back

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by meccuno: 6:06am On Oct 31, 2017
aribisala0:
Show us one newspaper article or any book written anywhere to back up all these silly stories

Was there a decree enacted.How did they identify Igbo accounts?
What about Ijaws and Ibibios?

Are we to believe that Igbos from IKa and Delta were spared as were Ikwerres who have similar names? or they did not have bank accounts?
The truth is most folk who had money fled with it and gave it to Ojukwu in exchange for Biafra pounds it was BAD MARKET
One of the most difficult thing to do is to admit personal foolishness especially to your children so what do you do blame others.
Blame Awo. Blame Yoruba.

The truth is you INVESTED your wealth in the Biafran pound and A superior mind defeated that strartegy
i think it is highly insensitive for you to play with a matter like this that involves lost ones and material things worked for by a people who lost everything. i know some times we come online to say very bad things about other tribes. a joke it is and only online. but for you to go down this level of using pictures of children begging for food tells alot about you as a person,your tribe and the type of training you have if any. the reason for this post is for only one thing to ridicule the igbo people. there are things you dont joke with. and this is one of them. the universe has laws and you are breaking one of them. i hope the same fate that befell the people whose picture you are making jest of wont haunt you one day. yy then you would really know how it feels to loose everything and be cheated. i leave you to your conscience if you have any.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by nku5: 6:40am On Oct 31, 2017
achi4u:
Op I respect you so much but you have to be very fair to Igbos or Biafrans, Igbos lost everything due to that war and the Federal Government promise to rehabilitate Biafra land but could not do anything except that £20 not minding how much you have in ur bank account.
It is from that money that we (those who are privileged to receive it) started our whole life again and today SE is competing with with other regions that sees no war.

Op just be very fair to Igbos.

Thanks.

How naive

a person starts a thread on a foundation of weak lies, baseless conjecture and tribal baiting and when challenged quickly uploads pictures of starving igbo babies begging for food. This is the type you are engaging to talk about fairness?

In civilised climes his type would have had his ip address tracked and invited by police for a chat

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by bakynes(m): 6:51am On Oct 31, 2017
I think I agree with the OP here, first of all those banks then we're British owned, the indigenization policy by Gowon came to be after the Civil War which made those British banks now Nigerian banks like Union Bank(which was Barclay's bank my Grandmother worked there)and First Bank, so even if Igbos had money in the bank, those bank were not Nigerian bank so there is no way the govt would have seized their monies.

Second, like the OP said the minority tribes in the defunct Biafra of old Eastern region,none of them have come out to say they lost money in the banks except the Igbos why is that?

Third, how is it possible to go back to Biafra (after Ojukwu asked everyone to come back home) without going back home with money to feed and survive? Biafrans must have withdrew their money in the bank.

Fourth, we heard ojukwu looted the bank branches in the East and collected donations from people, asked people to exchange their Nigerian pounds for the Biafran pounds so how did the Biafrans who came from Nigeria have money to exchange, I thought they had all their money in the Nigerian(British controlled) banks and came home with nothing?

Infact, the story of Igbos lost money in the banks before they left for Biafra was a big sham.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by JUSTICE4Nigeria: 7:39am On Oct 31, 2017
GoldNiagara:

So they left their monies in Nigeria banks when they had years to prepare for war or months to return to home on the order ojukwu.

you guys caused us 200 billion naira and sabotaged the country and we have not recovered since.
ROMANCE SECTION IS BEST FOR YOUR LIKE, SEEMS U JUST STUMBLED INTO THIS SECTION WITHOUT BRAIN, U CAN GO BACK TO ROMANCE SEC AND GET IT, THAT THEY HAVE YEARS TO PREPARE FOR WAR OR TO COME BACK AS ORDER......... BLA BLA BLA, AS IF U DONT KNOW GOING TO WAR WAS THE LAST THING ON OJUKWU's MIND,

CAN U IMAGINE THE CALIBRES AM ARGUING WITH, THAT I

5 Likes

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by aribisala0(m): 7:41am On Oct 31, 2017
meccuno:
i think it is highly insensitive for you to play with a matter like this that involves lost ones and material things worked for by a people who lost everything. i know some times we come online to say very bad things about other tribes. a joke it is and only online. but for you to go down this level of using pictures of children begging for food tells alot about you as a person,your tribe and the type of training you have if any. the reason for this post is for only one thing to ridicule the igbo people. there are things you dont joke with. and this is one of them. the universe has laws and you are breaking one of them. i hope the same fate that befell the people whose picture you are making jest of wont haunt you one day. yy then you would really know how it feels to loose everything and be cheated. i leave you to your conscience if you have any.
Play? You folk are always sentimental and childish. So we should allow you rewrite and distort history unchallenged?
Just like your claim that 3 million people died? Which is another claim that has no basis in ANYTHING
Histoty is about establishing TRUTH
The idea that Bank accounts were taken over by the Nigeria State is one that needs examination.
Is it possib;e that this happened without any law,gazette or one single newspaper article.

|
As far as [ictures go who started the picture posting game? Scroll up and look for the first picture on this thread?

Please spare me the whining

Were orher Biafrans Affected or Just Igbos?
What about Ikwerres and Delta people with Igbo names

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by GoldNiagara(m): 7:44am On Oct 31, 2017
JUSTICE4Nigeria:
ROMANCE SECTION IS BEST FOR YOUR LIKE, SEEMS U JUST STUMBLED INTO THIS SECTION WITHOUT BRAIN, U CAN GO BACK TO ROMANCE SEC AND GET IT, THAT THEY HAVE YEARS TO PREPARE FOR WAR OR TO COME BACK AS ORDER......... BLA BLA BLA, AS IF U DONT KNOW GOING TO WAR WAS THE LAST THING ON OJUKWU's MIND,

CAN U IMAGINE THE CALIBRES AM ARGUING WITH, THAT I

Typical dead brain pig and idiot adept at throwing ad hominem. See Ojukwu mind reader you are even dumber than you sound. Love romance section and there is nothing you can do about it.

If you are so much worked up cos facts hitting you hard and fast, don't blame a romantic for it.

Now beat it!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by aribisala0(m): 7:47am On Oct 31, 2017
9jaDoc:
Op go to the person who taught u English and take your money back
Funny.
English is not something I see as a mark of distinction but rather a badge of enslavement. I am not English.
But I know for a fact that if you spent the rest of your inconsequential life studying you can never match my mastery of the Language.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by Omofunaab2: 7:51am On Oct 31, 2017
I like this thread

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by aribisala0(m): 7:56am On Oct 31, 2017
GoldNiagara:

How about the hundreds of million Pounds stolen by Ojukwu at the central bank in Enugu, that is a Nigerian bank, but those bank deposits you guys always lie about were privately owned like Aribisalao rightly stated, so assuming but not conceding, that they had monies in the banks, is it the Nigerian government that should bear the responsibility for a private contract between a banker and its IBO customer.Nonsense

You guys are liars, ingrates and thieves.
The only way Nigeria would be responsible is if it took the money.
How is that possible operationally? Without a law. Without one single Newspaper article

Just think of it .Right now there is a proposal to take money in DORMANT accounts. If you use Google you will dicover newspaper articles but on this Biafra money NOTHING

Was there a computer programme developed to identify Igbo accounts ? How did this take over happen in practice?

Again how and why were Ikwerres spared? with their so called Igboid names?
Did soldiers take over the banks.
Was a decree promulgated

Lies can run for 100 years but truth will crawl for one day and overtake it

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by GoldNiagara(m): 7:59am On Oct 31, 2017
aribisala0:

How is that possible operationally? Without a law. Without one single Newspaper article

Just think of it .Right now there is a proposal to take money in DORMANT accounts. If you use Google you will dicover newspaper articles but on this Biafra money NOTHING

Was there a computer programme developed to identify Igbo accounts ? How did this take over happen in practice?

Was a decree promulgated

Many thanks for bringing this to the fore and asking questions Igbo's cannot answer with their stupid propaganda!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by Ngokafor(f): 8:01am On Oct 31, 2017
achi4u:
Op I respect you so much but you have to be very fair to Igbos or Biafrans, Igbos lost everything due to that war and the Federal Government promise to rehabilitate Biafra land but could not do anything except that £20 not minding how much you have in ur bank account.
It is from that money that we (those who are privileged to receive it) started our whole life again and today SE is competing with with other regions that sees no war.

Op just be very fair to Igbos.

Thanks.

Aww you have missed the plot bro..You dont implore this people from SW to be sensible or engage them like normal humans..you hit them below the belt without looking back...Match them propaganda for propaganda...That is their only medicine..
They have perfected the art of lies,false-hood,distortion of facts and history as well as delusions of grandeur that the devil itself will be green with envy...period.

5 Likes

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by Chuks0485: 8:02am On Oct 31, 2017
aribisala0:
One day a child will realise Father Christmaa is not real.

One day you will realise the £20 story is another of the lies your elders tell you

You forget Ojukwu looted teh banks in the East and used the money to buy arms.Do you not think that some of that was YOUR MONEY?

So you were planning to come back to Nigeria after Biafra must have beeen achieved to claim your treasure.

WITH NO DOCUMENTS?

Surely even if the story were true does it not make HISTORICAL SENSE

That your parents would have preserved their bank books

Today NOT ONE person can come forward to say this is my bank book and I was denied my money

NOT ONE

THINK!!

It's obvious that you have not experienced war. He whose house is on fire, does he pursue rat? Your Thought about war and preservance of bank booklet tells me how daft you are about what a war that lasted for about 3 years looks like on the inhabitants.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by aribisala0(m): 8:02am On Oct 31, 2017
Ngokafor:

Aww you have missed the plot bro..You dont implore this people from SW to be sensible or engage them like normal humans..you hit them right where it hurts most..Match them propaganda for propaganda...That is their only medicine..
Look forward to that . I will separate you from your health.

You do not have the cerebral infrastructure for such an undertaking

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by aribisala0(m): 8:07am On Oct 31, 2017
Chuks0485:

It's obvious that you have not experienced war. He whose house is on fire, does he pursue rat? Your Thought about war and preservance of bank booklet tells me how daft you are about what a war that lasted for about 3 years looks like on the inhabitants.
Emotional stuff. Of no moment or value to Historians.
The job of the Historian is to establish FACTS not experience the history, which is an absurd proposition.

The issue here is if your folk left money in banks what happened to it? Who took it? Are not those legitimate questions?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by braivheart: 8:07am On Oct 31, 2017
aribisala0:
In 1970 after the war the Nigerian government generally gave £20 of Nigerian money to every eligible adult but no one has ever done the math.

Let us assume their were one million of them =£20million Nigerian

We know that the Nigerian pound exchanged for £2 pounds sterling in 1970 so
that would be £40 million . What would that be worth today

according to this inflation calculator

https://www.moneysorter.co.uk/calculator_inflation2.html
it would be
£432612859. Sterling
Not sure what sterling is doing these days but @ 475

that is

205491108025 Naira

200 billion

Assuming it was 1 million people that received the money. No one has ever told us how many did but I think it could be double that.

For a country to pay that out immediately after a war of such devastation is a huge feat considering that Nigeria was not even a major oil exporter in1970 and in 1970 oil prices were under $4 which when adjusted for inflation in today's money is $21.

Take this post down.

You don't have to twist history to justify anybody's actions.

Decide henceforth to be truthful, you'd be respected for it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by aribisala0(m): 8:10am On Oct 31, 2017
braivheart:

Take this post down.

You don't have to twist history to justify anybody's actions.

Decide henceforth to be truthful, you'd be respected for it.
I promise to take it down if you provide a convincing rebuttal not sentiments

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by bakynes(m): 8:11am On Oct 31, 2017
aribisala0:

Was a decree promulgated

See I agree with you are and any reasonable person even from the East shouldn't believe this propaganda their people have been saying to their children.

Imagine the new independent Catalonians leaving money behind in Spanish banks does that makes sense. Biafrans went back to their homelands to declare their own country, so how is it possible to leave money in a bank of a country you know you aren't coming back to.

Besides let's not forget that Ojukwu changed the legal tender of Biafra to Biafra pounds from Nigerian Pounds. Is not like Biafrans were expecting to lose the war and return to Nigeria,so why would any sane person leave their monies in a Nigerian bank knowing fully well you going to your country and not coming back.

Remember we not talking about the digital age here where if you have a MasterCard or Visa card you can spend your money anywhere in the world.

Am sorry I just don't believe the Biafrans lost money in Nigerian banks,doesnt make any sense.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by aribisala0(m): 8:16am On Oct 31, 2017
bakynes:

See I agree with you are and any reasonable person even from the East shouldn't believe this propaganda their people have been saying to their children.

Imagine the new independent Catalonians leaving money behind in Spanish banks does that makes sense. Biafrans went back to their homelands to declare their own country, so how is it possible to leave money in a bank of a country you know you aren't coming back to.

Besides let's not forget that Ojukwu changed the legal tender of Biafra to Biafra pounds from Nigerian Pounds. Is not like Biafrans were expecting to lose the war and return to Nigeria,so why would any sane person leave their monies in a Nigerian bank knowing fully well you going to your country and not coming back.

Remember we not talking about the digital age here where if you have a MasterCard or Visa card you can spend your money anywhere in the world.

Am sorry I just don't believe the Biafrans lost money in Nigerian banks,doesnt make any sense.

It is possible that some may have lost money.Let us own that.

What I am keen to establish is that such loss was to the banks and not government. At no time did government intervene to take over anyone's money. Government could not have done so without passing enabling legislation. Even if that happened how would it be operationalized and would it not be in one single newspaper report?

The next point then is that the £20 came from somewhere and it was not oil money.Where?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by aribisala0(m): 8:29am On Oct 31, 2017
When Ojukwu created the Biafran pound. Did he share money to the public?

NO

People gave up something in Exchange. What was it ?

Fact is people exchanged their money for Biafran pounds and were effectively scammed by Ojukwu

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by Chuks0485: 8:33am On Oct 31, 2017
bakynes:
I think I agree with the OP here, first of all those banks then we're British owned, the indigenization policy by Gowon came to be after the Civil War which made those British banks now Nigerian banks like Union Bank(which was Barclay's bank my Grandmother worked there)and First Bank, so even if Igbos had money in the bank, those bank were not Nigerian bank so there is no way the govt would have seized their monies.

Second, like the OP said the minority tribes in the defunct Biafra of old Eastern region,none of them have come out to say they lost money in the banks except the Igbos why is that?

Third, how is it possible to go back to Biafra (after Ojukwu asked everyone to come back home) without going back home with money to feed and survive? Biafrans must have withdrew their money in the bank.

Fourth, we heard ojukwu looted the bank branches in the East and collected donations from people, asked people to exchange their Nigerian pounds for the Biafran pounds so how did the Biafrans who came from Nigeria have money to exchange, I thought they had all their money in the Nigerian(British controlled) banks and came home with nothing?

Infact, the story of Igbos lost money in the banks before they left for Biafra was a big sham.
Grassroot research would have helped you guy solve this problem, rather you guys chose to seat down at your comfort zone and imagine things you do not know how it happened.

1 Like

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by Chuks0485: 8:37am On Oct 31, 2017
aribisala0:

Emotional stuff. Of no moment or value to Historians.
The job of the Historian is to establish FACTS not experience the history, which is an absurd proposition.

The issue here is if your folk left money in banks what happened to it? Who took it? Are not those legitimate questions?

Why not you the historian go to the banks and dig up the facts. Historian do not seat at home and wallow in their imaginative thought. If you doubt people's assertion, you take the pain to find out if what they said is true or not.

2 Likes

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by aribisala0(m): 8:40am On Oct 31, 2017
Chuks0485:

Why not you the historian go to the banks and dig up the facts. Historian do not seat at home and wallow in their imaginative thought. If you doubt people's assertion, you take the pain to find out if what they said is true or not.
Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
It is incumbent on he who declares a thing to prove it not on he who disputes to disprove

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by aribisala0(m): 8:43am On Oct 31, 2017
Chuks0485:

Grassroot research would have helped you guy solve this problem, rather you guys chose to seat down at your comfort zone and imagine things you do not know how it happened.
Not every person here is your coeval.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by horsepower101: 8:44am On Oct 31, 2017
The problem with the OP is that he is yet to come to terms that his people, the Yorubas are the most incompetent humans that ever existed. He is in shock how the people given only 20 pounds 50 years ago came to surpass his people economically. His only reason of opening this useless thread is to propagate a false notion that the 20 pounds given to SOME igbos was a lot of money in order to make excuses for his people lack of drive and gross incompetence.

As ikechuob pointed out in a different thread, these people are the only region that didn't experience any war and should have all their cities highly developed. What is their excuse. That's why they would always run to backward Hausa Fulani because that's their only hope of stopping Igbo progress.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by aribisala0(m): 8:52am On Oct 31, 2017
horsepower101:
The problem with the OP is that he is yet to come to terms that his people, the Yorubas are the most incompetent humans that ever existed. He is in shock how the people given only 20 pounds 50 years ago came to surpass his people economically. His only reason of opening this useless thread is to propagate a false notion that the 20 pounds given to SOME igbos was a lot of money in order to make excuses for his people lack of drive and gross incompetence.

As ikechuob pointed out in a different thread, these people are the only region that didn't experience any war and should have all their cities highly developed. What is their excuse. That's why they would always run to backward Hausa Fulani because that's their only hope of stopping Igbo progress.

Run to Hausa Fulani?
FACTS ARE VERY STUBBORN
1960. Nnamdi Azikiwe formed Coalition government with NPC Tafawa Balewa Rewarded with Ceremonial President
Yoruba led by Awolowo went into opposition

1965 Nnamdi Azikiwe formed Coalition government with NPC Tafawa Balewa Rewarded with Ceremonial President
Yoruba led by Awolowo went into opposition

1979 NPN did not have majority in National Assembly
President Shehu Shagari and Vice President Alex Ekwueme went into coalition with Nnamdi Azikiwe .His party was rewarded with post of Speaker House of Reps. Edwin Ume Ezeoke
Yoruba led by Awo went into opposition

1983 Ojukwu returned and joined NPN under Shagari and again
President Shehu Shagari and Vice President Alex Ekwueme went into coalition with Nnamdi Azikiwe .His party was rewarded with post of Speaker House of Reps. Edwin Ume Ezeoke
Yoruba led by Awo went into opposition

WHO REALLY ARE THE SKIVVIES OF THE FULANIS

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by Chuks0485: 8:53am On Oct 31, 2017
aribisala0:
Not every person here is your coeval.

Now that I have told you What best to do in order to help yourself with the fact you are looking for, you chose to turn to insult mode. Enjoy yourself.

4 Likes

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by aribisala0(m): 8:57am On Oct 31, 2017
Chuks0485:

Now that I have told you What best to do in order to help yourself with the fact you are looking for, you chose to turn to insult mode. Enjoy yourself.
Insult? You must have a very fragile insecure ego and bad comprehension
The fact is many of us are and were witnesses to these events we did not hear about it second hand.

When people got Biafran pounds was it in exchange for Nigerian pounds? Yes or No?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by JUSTICE4Nigeria: 9:03am On Oct 31, 2017
GoldNiagara:

Typical dead brain pig and idiot adept at throwing ad hominem. See Ojukwu mind reader you are even dumber than you sound. Love romance section and there is nothing you can do about it.

If you are so much worked up cos facts hitting you hard and fast, don't blame a romantic for it.

Now beat it!
if the gibberish u put up there is fact, then am so sorry, use Google if u can't use your brain, you can thank me later
Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by horsepower101: 9:10am On Oct 31, 2017
Aribisala0,

The bitter truth is that Yorubas have no excuse for their lack of development. And please don't even mention Lagos because Nigerian government and Nigerians jointly developed that piece of land. You can go into political mud slinging but I am not interested in that.

You need to come to terms with the reality on the ground. Your people are very incompetent. Making excuses for them will only make things worse.

Anyways let's continue doing our fake one Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BIAFRA TWENTY POUND LIE BUSTED by abes(m): 9:16am On Oct 31, 2017
This is what I understand about this £20 policy...

abes:

Months prior to the war, Biafrans that relocated from other parts of Nigeria withdrew their money from their Nigerian bank accounts (sounds logical) , they had to exchange those Nigerian pounds for Biafran pounds (Biafran banks were buying Nigeria pounds from them and selling Biafran pounds to them, I believe the Nigerian pounds bought were used to finance the war).
After the war, those Biafra pound notes became worthless, they needed to exchange back to Nigerian pounds, there was nobody to buy those worthless notes from them (not Awolowo's fault), that was the reason for the policy, which is to buy a maximum of 20 worthless Biafran pounds in exchange for Nigerian pounds. That is the 20 pounds story.

Note 20 Nigerian pounds was equivalent to 10 British pounds those days, and 10 British pounds as at 1970 is worth 145 British pounds in 2017, which is about 53000 naira today. That means for each 20 Nigerian pounds exchanged , the Nigerian government lost N53000.

https://www.nairaland.com/3914389/biafrans-20-pound-blackmail-article-remi

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

What Femi Adesina Told Me When I Visited Villa – Kukah / APC Replies Davido, Calls Him A "Political Novice" / Anambra Airport: We Don’t Need Any Financial Assistance, Obiano Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.