|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,887,062 members, 6,938,748 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 June 2022 at 05:41 PM
Chairman, Dowen College, Dr Olumide Philips, At The School's 2021 Valedictory / Justiceforsylvester: Shutting Down The School Not Enough, Kanayo Tells Lagos Gov / Disadvantages Of Staying In The School Hostel (2) (3) (4)
|Injustice To Kwarapoly Students By The School Management by Boooooooooni: 11:37pm On Oct 30, 2017|
Proper regards to all the comrades and the entire students of Kwara state polytechnics, pertaining to the issue on ground concerning our tuition fee for the 2017/2018 academic session and we the returning students are the most affected, I think we are all aware that #75500 is what is actually seen on our individual portal instead of 32500 for indigenes and 38700 for non indigenes.
At the beginning of this issue we were thinking that maybe it could be due to a systematic error but it's quite unfortunate that for the past couple of weeks now the issue is still not rectified and presently the school deem it fit to release the list of the newly admitted student on that same portal that we the returning students thought is having systematic problem. And secondly, there is this printout that is circulating online which indicates the said amount #75,500 that is to be paid and there is one adage that says "In every rumor, there is possibility of truth".
With this reason above, we came into a conclusion that the MANAGEMENT probably knows about it and they deliberately hijacked and raised our tuition fee to double of the exact amount we are supposed to pay.
2. They want to see the reaction of the entire student maybe we will accept it or not.
3. Another angle is that maybe the management has been planning this since last session and that is why they didn't conduct the SUG election last semester, in which we all know its happens in every last semester of a session in every school, they purposefully did not conducte the election for us so as not to have the proper student Body i.e SEC and SRC to help us in negotiate, dialogue, intervene or serve as middle men between us and the Management.
At this point in time, we think we need to come together to move against this injustice to our right as Nigerian students, let nobody pay a single kobo to the school management till this matter is solved. We should call meeting of all the comrades on campus and maybe invite the immediate past excos and representatives under the umbrella of Kwara Poly SUG.
*We should involve the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) to come to our aids.
*. We should called on all bloggers and all the media houses( the prestigious Nairaland in this case) to come to our rescue.
These are some of the questions to be asked 1. Why will the management want to inflate our tuitions fees at this point in time that our dear country has just come out of RECESSION?
2 What really caused the increment of our tution fee?
3. The so called our fathers/elders i.e management board and executives member of Kwara state government all enjoyed free education,free meal and scholarship during there own time, why causing more harmed to the educational sector now and depriving us of our rights?
4. I heard the incumbent governor of the state of Kwara is also an ALUMNI of our most prestigious institute of learning Kwara state polytechnic, His excellence SIR, why increment of Kwaraoly tution fee? Why not decrement sir?
Our demands goes thus-
1. There will be no increment in our tuition fee, we needs decrement.
2. The institution should conduct free and fair elections of the student union government which is lacking behind withing
the next 30 days. And there should be no influence from any angle from the management, we need a standard SUG and a Formidable one.
And failure to do this can or may lead to using of our aluta power, strength and knowledge to stage a peaceful protest to ask for our right from the management and Kwara state government.
Let pass this message in every social media platform to reach all the entire Nigerians.
Please help move this to front page
|Re: Injustice To Kwarapoly Students By The School Management by rufugefe: 11:46pm On Oct 30, 2017|
|Re: Injustice To Kwarapoly Students By The School Management by ishowdotgmail(m): 11:53pm On Oct 30, 2017|
Education is now for the rich here in Nigeria at the moment. So pathetic they are making students go into this hardship when they had theirs free back then
|Re: Injustice To Kwarapoly Students By The School Management by Walehelt(m): 12:16am On Oct 31, 2017|
Nigerian with scope, dem go later give una last price, 50k jalejale
|Re: Injustice To Kwarapoly Students By The School Management by baylord101(m): 1:22am On Oct 31, 2017|
Ahmed Fatai [/b]just spent the last on his[b] master wedding, you guys must pay that money so that kwara wallet will recover.
its either[b] ALUTA[/b] now or never
|Re: Injustice To Kwarapoly Students By The School Management by frfr: 10:21am On Oct 31, 2017|
front page please. mods
|Re: Injustice To Kwarapoly Students By The School Management by Boooooooooni: 6:16pm On Oct 31, 2017|
Lalasticlala abeg help us move to Front page
|Re: Injustice To Kwarapoly Students By The School Management by ToyeBrainz(m): 6:54am On Nov 01, 2017|
Are u a final year computer science students?
Get free project tips and Assistance from me
ICAN Releases November 2017 Diet Results. How To Check Result / Finally Finally!!! A New Closing Date Has Been Released For 2018 Waec/gce Regist / Having Issue With Jamb Regularization ACCOUNT CREATION? THIS IS THE WAY OUT
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61