Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:32 PM

Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria (39065 Views)

Brushing Before Or After Eating In The Morning. Which Is Best Practice? / Task Force Closes Bars, Clubs And Restaurants In Anambra Over Coronavirus / 'Stop Eating Old Groundnuts, It Causes Cancer Of The Liver' - Doctor Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by juwoonn(m): 10:54am On Oct 31, 2017
There's nothing without pros and cons
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by stilldoingokay(f): 10:55am On Oct 31, 2017
well. my mom call it longer trot and laziness.
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Ambitionsway: 10:55am On Oct 31, 2017
Abeg find another thing talk, expect the lord watch over the city the watchman watch in vain... the meat we buy in the market do we know the kind of water they use in washing them...

stop fooling around joor

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by maxysmith(f): 10:55am On Oct 31, 2017
smiley
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by UmecheMoses(m): 10:56am On Oct 31, 2017
Total bullshit...[b][/b] MY MUM RAN A RESTAURANT FOR MANY YEARS WITH SO MUCH HARD WORK. I SAW HER WAKE 4AM IN RAIN AND HARMATTAN AND SLEEP AT 1:00 AM FOR MANY PAINFUL YEARS....
WHEN I SEE TRASHY WRITEUPS LIKE THIS THEY GET ME ANGRY...
STOP POSTING BULLSHIT...
ASK OF MAMA MOSES IN ITAKPE KOGI STATE
OP RESPECT PEOPLE'S HUSTLE AND GET A JOB.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by AuroraB(f): 10:56am On Oct 31, 2017
chatinent:

LAughs. No bi small things.
Is the 'white thing' you talked about not 'usu'? I think it's 'truffle' in English (I stand to be corrected ooooo)
@topic, werrin man go do when gas runs out and kosi piaka undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by nddydamzi(f): 10:57am On Oct 31, 2017
I remember that year in sec sch,when my crew persuaded me to be eating with them at fast food joint..it wasn't easy,even the hands of the person serving you will make you wonder if you're paying to die or paying to fill your stomach.
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by SaintLHUMMY: 10:57am On Oct 31, 2017
Ochinex:
I did not really read the post but the boy have no right beating up the girl since they haven't married yet. He is a disgrace to men.
effect of expired weed shocked
Ochinex:
I did not really read the post but the boy have no right beating up the girl since they haven't married yet. He is a disgrace to men.
effect of expired weed

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 31, 2017
All these lists no go stop me from chopping Ewa Agonyi for Iya Papa place.
listen to my songs @ http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by dtechbaze(m): 10:58am On Oct 31, 2017
PenisCaP:
I dont eat out oh i detest it.
Especially now im in yorubaLand.
Ayam allergic to purgin ooooooh
Really This Is What U Have To Say?
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 10:58am On Oct 31, 2017
Afam4eva:
I'm on my way to a buka right now. I'll read the post upon my return.
Lmao. I don go come
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Killurself: 10:58am On Oct 31, 2017
chatinent:
Chatdom rights reserved (c)
Everyone loves a fast-food joint, because it is quicker and easier to get the stomach happy once again. smiley

Well, it kills the stress to cooking too, and in a scenario where you have to buy oil for your cooker, buy ingredient to cook, buy time, it seem a bit cheaper, smiley however, is your stomach really worth the compromise? Here are few demerit reasons: sad
1. What was the soup prepared with.

A large number of people who run fast-food as business are guilty smiley of going extra-ordinary miles to get customers sad inversely, doing the undo. We have had where women use the adulterated water used in cleaning a corpse to cook (as charm). I have actually seen on two occasions, where a woman is arrested for allegedly using human's poo to cook soup. Is this not inhuman? sad Most times, when cooking Egusi soup, they buy a cup of Egusi and another whitish stuff then grind it and mix it with the soup which really look like it's a thick egusi soup, actually we know the fake always look like the original.
2. Dirty environment.
So far it's business, they major aim is making money, at times, their environment where they cook might be no different from a public toilet. Who cares better, then? sad At times, when you enter their kitchen (which is usually prohibited), what you see would clear your doubts that maybe, this is where maggots are created.
3. Insults. Insults flow like like electric current here waiting for the vulnerable to devour.
4. Responsibility. In Nigeria, when a child is seen eating in a restaurant, it is irresponsibility. When an elderly man is seen too, people wonder: 'what about his wife.' Taking responsibility is the best thing that can ever happen to a parenthood, where the husband doesn't look outside for anything and the children alike..
5. Health. There was this day I ate in a fast--food joint. The food was super delicious smiley. I requested for another plate and ate it greedily, wow, my stomach was no longer like a punctured tube, in fact, the basketball got jealous. As I was heading home, my arse began to gossip (oh fada of the heavens! sad). It gossiped, then erosion took place in my stomach.
sad sad sad
I ran to a nearby bush to observe nature's call and before I bent down, there was already a downpour. (Judas should have sold people like the cook sad ) It didn't stop there, my stomach would be interpreting Arabic to Swahili that at times I turn back checking if people are behind. Is this not the sign of the last days? sad This is not good. At times, the food they good are detrimental to health, and may send you keeping the doctor coming always.
Tips: Cook whatever you eat so you'll know where your problem comes from.
Origin: http://www.chatdom.com.ng/index.php?topic=61.msg82#msg82
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by SaintLHUMMY: 10:59am On Oct 31, 2017
Ochinex:
effect of expired weed cry

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 31, 2017
chatinent:
Everyone loves a fast-food joint, because it is quicker and easier to get the stomach happy once again. smiley

Well, it kills the stress to cooking too, and in a scenario where you have to buy oil for your cooker, buy ingredient to cook, buy time, it seem a bit cheaper, smiley however, is your stomach really worth the compromise? Here are few demerit reasons: sad

A large number of people who run fast-food as business are guilty smiley of going extra-ordinary miles to get customers sad inversely, doing the undo. We have had where women use the adulterated water used in cleaning a corpse to cook (as charm). I have actually seen on two occasions, where a woman is arrested for allegedly using human's poo to cook soup. Is this not inhuman? sad Most times, when cooking Egusi soup, they buy a cup of Egusi and another whitish stuff then grind it and mix it with the soup which really look like it's a thick egusi soup, actually we know the fake always look like the original.
2. Dirty environment.
So far it's business, they major aim is making money, at times, their environment where they cook might be no different from a public toilet. Who cares better, then? sad At times, when you enter their kitchen (which is usually prohibited), what you see would clear your doubts that maybe, this is where maggots are created.
3. Insults. Insults flow like like electric current here waiting for the vulnerable to devour.
4. Responsibility. In Nigeria, when a child is seen eating in a restaurant, it is irresponsibility. When an elderly man is seen too, people wonder: 'what about his wife.' Taking responsibility is the best thing that can ever happen to a parenthood, where the husband doesn't look outside for anything and the children alike..
5. Health. There was this day I ate in a fast--food joint. The food was super delicious smiley. I requested for another plate and ate it greedily, wow, my stomach was no longer like a punctured tube, in fact, the basketball got jealous. As I was heading home, my arse began to gossip (oh fada of the heavens! sad). It gossiped, then erosion took place in my stomach.
sad sad sad
I ran to a nearby bush to observe nature's call and before I bent down, there was already a downpour. (Judas should have sold people like the cook sad ) It didn't stop there, my stomach would be interpreting Arabic to Swahili that at times I turn back checking if people are behind. Is this not the sign of the last days? sad This is not good. At times, the food they good are detrimental to health, and may send you keeping the doctor coming always.
the topic is useless for a hungry man
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by UncutSk(m): 11:01am On Oct 31, 2017
first of all you're mad
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Livefreeordieha(m): 11:02am On Oct 31, 2017
chatinent:

2. Dirty environment.
sad sad sad
all u deserve is lol..Go ibadan and osun state u go rescind your decisions and become an hypocrite hiding to eat there..����
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Killurself: 11:04am On Oct 31, 2017
chatinent:

2. Dirty environment.
sad sad sad
if you was raised by mother that do restaurant business, you won't says all this. Pls only advice you can give is that people should eat in clean environment, not to say they should not eat in restaurants. Sorry bros, dis ur opinion was useless.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by cuvox(m): 11:08am On Oct 31, 2017
Dude stop visiting dirty restaurants to eat. We own a restaurant and for the past 3 years i know how much efforts i have put into this business to make sure quality and hygiene of fôod and services doesnt reduce, you cant trash other peoples work just cause of a few bad eggs. Its like saying everybody should own a car because some bikemen, keke riders and bus drivers are thieves.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by okenwaa(m): 11:09am On Oct 31, 2017
Rubbish...dey make hunger kill u naa

Madam arrange me beans and plantain first kam di sharp.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Nukilia: 11:09am On Oct 31, 2017
chatinent:
[s]Everyone loves a fast-food joint, because it is quicker and easier to get the stomach happy once again. smiley

2. Dirty environment.
sad sad sad
Origin: http://www.chatdom.com.ng/index.php?topic=61.msg82#msg82[/s]

Which MOD pushed this topic to front page?

Why are we always projecting everything negative news about our country? When you are out of the country and foreigners say nasty things about Nigeria, we try so hard to tell them its not that bad.
I plead with the mod to always review posts before putting it on front page. This will affect local business in the country...

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by tamsjay(m): 11:15am On Oct 31, 2017
I guess too much spices �

Meanwhile I don't understand why a girl would ask me for Airtime to have her number.....like I asked for it �
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Funkybabee(f): 11:17am On Oct 31, 2017
What do u want bachelor to do
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by khalids: 11:21am On Oct 31, 2017
So sorry to be spamming the front page......
Please urgent help is needed
https://www.nairaland.com/4136217/bukky-needs-urgent-medical#61936704
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by wonder233: 11:22am On Oct 31, 2017
emmyN:

Trash
You are the trash.
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by Nukilia: 11:23am On Oct 31, 2017
UmecheMoses:
Total bullshit...[b][/b] MY MUM RAN A RESTAURANT FOR MANY YEARS WITH SO MUCH HARD WORK. I SAW HER WAKE 4AM IN RAIN AND HARMATTAN AND SLEEP AT 1:00 AM FOR MANY PAINFUL YEARS....
WHEN I SEE TRASHY WRITEUPS LIKE THIS THEY GET ME ANGRY...
STOP POSTING BULLSHIT...
ASK OF MAMA MOSES IN ITAKPE KOGI STATE
OP RESPECT PEOPLE'S HUSTLE AND GET A JOB.

The op is not serious!
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by lagosrd: 11:23am On Oct 31, 2017
All you need to do is to check their kitchen or cooking area. That one first will convince you that you have joined the cholera family.
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by checkolatunji: 11:24am On Oct 31, 2017
chatinent:

2. Dirty environment.
sad sad sad

Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by wonder233: 11:24am On Oct 31, 2017
Funkybabee:
What do u want bachelor to do
Cook your own food, you won't die
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by correctguy101(m): 11:25am On Oct 31, 2017
This OP never taste Iya Kazim (our own mama Kaz) beans...

The beans will reconfigure your brain. People with jeep in my estate patronize that woman.
Until you taste it, kip kwayet angry
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by psalmsjob: 11:28am On Oct 31, 2017
Afam4eva:
I'm on my way to a buka right now. I'll read the post upon my return.
Lol...The post is actually talking about how you might not return from the bukagrin

But seriously....

It all boils down to lack of government regulations and most importantly customer preferences.

Some personal kitchens and quality of food items used in cooking at homes are worse or similar to the ones found at most restaurants in Nigeria.

The only reason not to eat at Nigerian restaurant that I can think of right now is that; it's always cheaper to cook at home than to eat at restaurants not just in Nigeria alone. You can challenge me with any menugrin

#TruthBeTold
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by wonder233: 11:30am On Oct 31, 2017
While the writer erred in generalizing rather than localizing the problem; however, some commenters have gone way overboard in castigating him.
Here in Lagos, you get 'shamed' if you fix your own meal, there is this warped mentality that it is uncool to 'stress' yourself cooking, many even ignorantly ascribe it to poverty.

While there are decent restaurants out there, for me, the rule of thumb is "fix your own meal anytime you can"
Re: Why You Should Stop Eating In Restaurants In Nigeria by God2man(m): 11:33am On Oct 31, 2017
Travel to the interior part of the north and tell me something new about eating outside

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Parasites That Could Be Infecting You Right Now (Graphic Pics) / Dr Kikelomo Ogunlela Anunobi Saves Life Of Man In UK As Colleagues Take Tea / No End In Sight To My Medical Problems; I Might Be Dying Slowly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.