Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria (13539 Views)

Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? / Why Do Your Friends Ignore You When They Finally Travel Out Of The Country? / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by AutoJoshNIG: 11:51am On Oct 31, 2017
Like the name implies, Travel Health Insurance is a policy that covers any eventuality that occurs when you travel out of Nigeria to another country; be it for pleasure or business.

When have you ever travelled and kept money for a possible urgent medical intervention?

Many of us are so medically fit, and some have not been to the hospital in the past 5 years, so we really do not think that we could fall ill or get involved in an accident abroad that may require medical treatment or repatriation back to Nigeria to get treatment. We all travel with only “flex & shopping” money.

Do you even know that Travel Health Insurance (also known as InsurVisa) is now required by some embassies before you are issued a visa to their country?

If you are travelling to a Schengen country, it is compulsory for you to have a Travel Health Insurance that has a cover of 30,000 Euro.

Below is how the need for Travel Health Insurance was clearly stated on Finland’s consular website:

“Before the visa can be issued, the applicant must present an insurance policy as described below:

must be issued by an accredited Schengen insurance policy company
has to be valid in all Schengen countries
has to cover expenses caused by illness, accident, medical care and possible repatriation up to the amount of 30,000 Euro
has to be valid for the whole duration of the journey
has to be presented only if the visa has been approved”
And on the site, the Insurance Companies accepted by Schengen countries were listed – Mutual Benefits Assurance (whom I represent) is one of the four listed accredited Insurance companies that are accepted in Nigeria.

Also, Travel Health Insurance can be required if you are visiting the United States of America and Canada. You should know the health systems in these countries are presently complicated, and their government do not want to be liable for the medical care or repatriation of tourists, hence the need to have insurance cover.

Aside from the fact that Travel Health Insurance is compulsory to gain entry into some countries, the need to have this cover when travelling worldwide cannot be overemphasised. Eventualities like accidental death, repatriation, emergency medical intervention occurs.

For example, do you remember the popular Nollywood actress, Moji Olaiya, who died of Cardiac Arrest in Canada? Her family had to raise funds from public figures like APC Chieftain Bola Tinubu and Ekiti State governor Ayo Fayose for a monetary contribution to have her body repatriated back to Nigeria for burial. If there was a Travel Health Insurance policy cover on her, her family would have been saved the hassle of seeking funds from these public figures. This is exactly why the policy is important for every Nigeria travelling out of the country.

Another importance of Travel Health Insurance that is always overlooked by people who intends to travel overseas is that this policy aides their visa acquisition process. Many embassies do not categorically state that Health Insurance policy is important to get into their countries, but it is a known fact among travel agents that this insurances policy can influence your visa acquisition positively. There is a chance your visa application would be rejected if you don't have a Travel Health Insurance Policy.

The benefits of travel health insurance are peace of mind and confidence that you get when you are covered and travel abroad. The covers have a limit of 30,000 Euro for any accident, medical care, and repatriation. If you need make a claim, you just walk into any designated partner of your insurance company in the Schengen countries, present your policy certificate, and get all the necessary assistance. Or simply contact your insurance company for assistance.

https://autojosh.com/what-is-travel-health-insurance-and-why-you-need-it-before-you-travel-out-of-nigeria/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by Jh0wsef(m): 1:29pm On Oct 31, 2017
FTC, LOL. THEIR PAPA
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by Louis03: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2017
Ok
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2017
Ok how much in Naira and where can I source undecided
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 31, 2017
Following. .....
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by chris4gold(m): 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2017
Nice 1
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by nwakibie3(m): 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2017
30 whaaaaaaaaaaat

2 Likes

Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by MrHenshaw: 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2017
AutoJoshNIG:
Like the name implies, Travel Health Insurance is a policy that covers any eventuality that occurs when you travel out of Nigeria to another country; be it for pleasure or business.

When have you ever travelled and kept money for a possible urgent medical intervention?

Many of us are so medically fit, and some have not been to the hospital in the past 5 years, so we really do not think that we could fall ill or get involved in an accident abroad that may require medical treatment or repatriation back to Nigeria to get treatment. We all travel with only “flex & shopping” money.

Do you even know that Travel Health Insurance (also known as InsurVisa) is now required by some embassies before you are issued a visa to their country?

If you are travelling to a Schengen country, it is compulsory for you to have a Travel Health Insurance that has a cover of 30,000 Euro.

Below is how the need for Travel Health Insurance was clearly stated on Finland’s consular website:

“Before the visa can be issued, the applicant must present an insurance policy as described below:

has to cover expenses caused by illness, accident, medical care and possible repatriation up to the amount of 30,000 Euro
And on the site, the Insurance Companies accepted by Schengen countries were listed – Mutual Benefits Assurance (whom I represent) is one of the four listed accredited Insurance companies that are accepted in Nigeria.

Also, Travel Health Insurance can be required if you are visiting the United States of America and Canada. You should know the health systems in these countries are presently complicated, and their government do not want to be liable for the medical care or repatriation of tourists, hence the need to have insurance cover.

Aside from the fact that Travel Health Insurance is compulsory to gain entry into some countries, the need to have this cover when travelling worldwide cannot be overemphasised. Eventualities like accidental death, repatriation, emergency medical intervention occurs.

For example, do you remember the popular Nollywood actress, Moji Olaiya, who died of Cardiac Arrest in Canada? Her family had to raise funds from public figures like APC Chieftain Bola Tinubu and Ekiti State governor Ayo Fayose for a monetary contribution to have her body repatriated back to Nigeria for burial. If there was a Travel Health Insurance policy cover on her, her family would have been saved the hassle of seeking funds from these public figures. This is exactly why the policy is important for every Nigeria travelling out of the country.

Another importance of Travel Health Insurance that is always overlooked by people who intends to travel overseas is that this policy aides their visa acquisition process. Many embassies do not categorically state that Health Insurance policy is important to get into their countries, but it is a known fact among travel agents that this insurances policy can influence your visa acquisition positively. There is a chance your visa application would be rejected if you don't have a Travel Health Insurance Policy.

The benefits of travel health insurance are peace of mind and confidence that you get when you are covered and travel abroad. The covers have a limit of 30,000 Euro for any accident, medical care, and repatriation. If you need make a claim, you just walk into any designated partner of your insurance company in the Schengen countries, present your policy certificate, and get all the necessary assistance. Or simply contact your insurance company for assistance.

https://autojosh.com/what-is-travel-health-insurance-and-why-you-need-it-before-you-travel-out-of-nigeria/

PM me for ur travel health insurance
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by leksmedia: 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
An average Nigerian man will say Accident or sickness is not my portion or God forbid no wonder when disaster happens they get crushed

1 Like

Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
Autojosh I need to buy travel insurance man.. Were I go buy jare
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by KingBish(f): 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
MrHenshaw:

PM me for ur travel health insurance

Did we PM you before this thread was created? Oga drop whatever you wish to say in a PM here so that everyone can learn.

9 Likes

Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by mblarry1(m): 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
its has a price tag on each, there's 1month, 3months, 6months and 1yr...
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by slapandfall(m): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2017
30,000Euros is not correct .I did mine with Ensure Insurance covering 3months for 15,000NAIRA.

That is between 35 and 40euros

4 Likes

Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by OboOlora(f): 1:49pm On Oct 31, 2017
mblarry1:
its has a price tag on each,
there's 1month, 3months, 6months and 1yr...
Yeah, did mine with Mansard for 12k or so like 6yrs ago

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by Yinxies(f): 1:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
Okay
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by dustydee: 2:05pm On Oct 31, 2017
slapandfall:
30,000Euros is not correct .I did mine with Ensure Insurance covering 3months for 15,000NAIRA.

30,000 Euros is the amount of the cover not the insurance premium.

8 Likes

Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by Emmerlee(m): 2:15pm On Oct 31, 2017
slapandfall:

30k Euros is not the premium paid. It is the benefit/worth of cover in the case of an eventuality..

2 Likes

Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by Emmerlee(m): 2:16pm On Oct 31, 2017
Article is spot on by the way.. Travel health insurance is important (sometimes mandatory) for travelers.

1 Like

Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by kentochi(m): 2:20pm On Oct 31, 2017
Emmerlee:

30k Euros is not the premium paid. It is the benefit/worth of cover in the case of an eventuality..
how much is the bill
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by jiorhemen(m): 2:29pm On Oct 31, 2017
AutoJoshNIG:

As the covers have a limit of 30,000 Euro, does this mean that I have to pay €30,000 before getting the insurance?
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by RapportNaija(m): 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2017
jiorhemen:

As the covers have a limit of 30,000 Euro, does this mean that I have to pay €30,000 before getting the insurance?
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by NCANpatroller: 3:23pm On Oct 31, 2017
Looto ni obo e ni ora
OboOlora:

Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by bengasyll(m): 3:56pm On Oct 31, 2017
OboOlora:

more infor please
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by MrHenshaw: 4:15pm On Oct 31, 2017
KingBish:

Did we PM you before this thread was created, oga drop whatever you wish to say in a PM here so that everyone can learn.

My dear queen, King bish,l sincerely don't understand your pain here,d statement is very .clear for anyone in need of such service or further explanation.
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by castins(m): 4:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
Did mine with #25k For trip to Paris last December. (€30000) is not what u pay , its the value of what ur entitled to should there be any medical emergency.

1 Like

Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by LordVoldemort(m): 4:57pm On Oct 31, 2017
J
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by vengertime: 5:02pm On Oct 31, 2017
slapandfall:

35 and 40 € is that for panadol abi wetin?
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by slapandfall(m): 5:08pm On Oct 31, 2017
vengertime:
35 and 40 € is that for panadol abi wetin?

You don't believe?

I can send you the receipt and the insurance certificate
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by vengertime: 5:24pm On Oct 31, 2017
slapandfall:

You don't believe?

I can send you the receipt and the insurance certificate
I believe you,cos my friend did N5,500 one 2 months ago. Am just saying what does that amount cover?

1 Like

Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by slapandfall(m): 7:36pm On Oct 31, 2017
vengertime:
I believe you,cos my friend did N5,500 one 2 months ago. Am just saying what does that amount cover?

It is what the embassy requires.
What it covers is really of less important to me sha oo.

I only meant the the OP saying 30,000Euros for travel health insurance is way way out of point.
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 31, 2017
Good one OP.
If you want more information and processing Travel Insurance. Kindly Mail me.
Will respond Asap.
Re: Travel Health Insurance And Why You Need It Before You Travel Out Of Nigeria by hennriposh(m): 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2017
I have a question.@OP
Do you get paid for writing and posting here on NL? Lots of likes and comments.
Amazing article... Currently working with a travelling agency and we do this for clients...insurance, yellow card, hotel, flight etc

Anyway answer my question

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NANS Roots For Air Peace / Ideas To Study In Turkey. / Fire Engulfs A Car In Lagos - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.