Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,240 members, 7,780,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:02 PM

Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse (924 Views)

Half-Salary: ASUU Ends NEC Meeting, Keeps Mum On Outcome / Kid Tied To A Motorcycle, Being Forced To School (Disturbing Photo) / Ignorance Or Laziness: Which Is Worse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 01, 2017
Hey guys..
I'm a private lesson teacher and I've actually got a problem with one of my pupils...
I began taking him when he was in the kindergarten 2, and he turned out to be very bright and had even mastered the alphabets in just 1 month,being able to write and identify A-Z which he was unable to do before he started the lessons ....
Gradually, he was improving and we were treating the basics as expected..

But now, he is in the nursery class and he seems to have forgotten most of what he's been taught... I learnt his school class teacher was changed,but I can't tell if that's what has affected him or something else...

All I know is he's going down terribly and can't even identify letters anymore. It's saddening cause he's a bright kid though he's playful..

Been trying my best but there seem to be no improvement... I only take him 2 hours, Monday to Thursday ..
Teachers in the house, I need your help...I don't want his situation to worsen... Any tips you can give me... I'd appreciate! I only have this month until I stop my lessons... Just wanna make him back and better than he was before I stop.... Thanks in advance

Cc... Mynd44, lalasticlala, divepen1..
Re: Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse by Outofsync(m): 6:13pm On Nov 01, 2017
The kid is 2 years old....

Probably lack of practice. what memory span can a 2 year old have? The only thing I remember about being 2 years old was.... nothing!

4 Likes

Re: Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2017
Outofsync:
The kid is 2 years old....

Probably lack of practice. what memory span can a 2 year old have? The only thing I remember about being 2 years old was.... nothing!
Nope...he's almost 5
Re: Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse by Ramwab94(m): 7:06pm On Nov 01, 2017
I'm also a Private tutor. Given that the pupil has a new teacher in school doesn't mean it would affect his IQ so badly as you've asserted. I have the following advices:
1. Do a background check on him drawing him back to lots of works you've treated him to sometime ago. We can call it revision.
2. Change your teaching methods on him. As you've asserted that he is the playful type, getting to change the ways and techniques you teach and handle his lessons becomes imperative. Sometimes, you can get harsh on him for as little as possible and let him understand how he needs to know the work since you taught him before.
3. Talk to his parents and ask about certain things about his new class teacher. Let his parents know about the development and the concerted efforts you've been tryin to make in order to rejuvinate his assimilation while showing optimism about the new process you are undertakin to further boost his Intelligence Quotient so that his parents won't think you've only been collecting money from them lasan without the kid knowing shishi.
Lalasticlala, Ishilov and other moderators can as well help push this thread to frontpage for other advise from other educators.

2 Likes

Re: Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse by TheHistorian(m): 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2017
Peer Pressure grin

Are you sure he isn't rolling with the bad boys in school? cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2017
grin
Re: Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 01, 2017
Ramwab94, thanks a lot, buh what if I told you I've gone through those processes?.
That's the more reason I just had to bring the matter here... He's defiling all methods bro.. sad
Re: Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 01, 2017
TheHistorian:
Peer Pressure grin

Are you sure he isn't rolling with the bad boys in school? cheesy
lmao!
I wee kick you.. Sheybi that's how you rolled with bad boys when you were in nursery school be that tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse by sKy007: 6:23am On Nov 02, 2017
The usual culprit here is that the child may be processing more information than he should and the brain is removing those information that have not been reinforced (ie revised and reuse).

In other words, check if he is watching too much TV or games and moderate those activities

2 Likes

Re: Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 02, 2017
sKy007:
The usual culprit here is that the child may be processing more information than he should and the brain is removing those information that have not been reinforced (ie revised and reuse).

In other words, check if he is watching too much TV or games and moderate those activities
He sees a lot of cartoons and zeeworld! As he keeps saying namastey and matinee movies... And since I'm not living with them, how am I supposed to limit it?Moreover,if I tell his mom, there's nothing she'd hardly do, only his dad takes action whenever I complain about something, but he only comes home on weekends.
And I do revise for him a lot, that's why I'm surprised he could still forget those things.
Re: Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse by Anextin(f): 9:52am On Nov 02, 2017
You need to speak with the mum, tell her whats going on and be open about her role in it. The worst she can do is let u off the job. But a as tutor u must fulfill ur obligation. That child assimilates more than he should. She needs to time his carton wstch time and stop every other program that are not educative for d child.
Re: Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse by MaestroZeus(m): 10:32am On Nov 02, 2017
ADHD or dyslexia....... Google it
Re: Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 03, 2017
Thanks Anextin... I appreciate kiss
Re: Kid's Intelligence Keeps Getting Worse by Nobody: 1:58am On Nov 28, 2017
humeeh:
Thanks Anextin... I appreciate kiss

How is the kid doing? I tutor kids around me, and helped an autistic kid become a master at learning. How is the situation of the kid now? Any improvements?

(1) (Reply)

UNILAG Releases 2017/2018 Postgraduate Admission List - Check Below / Best Universities To Study Online Masters Degree Programs In 2018/2019 / How To Study In Estonia: Tuition Fees, Admission Requirements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.