Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

I Am A Feminist!! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am A Feminist!! (40959 Views)

Wedding Photos Of A Feminist & Her Man 5 Months After He Slid Into Her DM / 10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

So are you trying to say that only feminists go through problems in their relationships? undecided
Nah! I didn't say that. What I'm saying is you lot are bunch of losers who refused to move on

6 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

Yes humans need humans but humans also have the ability to love themselves. Once you love yourself enough, you'll want what's best for you, not what society says is best.
Yes I truly do not NEED a man to be happy. I have enough love from myself, my family and my friends to last me a lifetime
Only lonely and depressed people scream about selflove.

Trust me, I'm right.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 02, 2017
makydebbie:
It's one of our nl boys stupid assumptions since we need men to be happy. Fvck! Is it sex? I'll get a dild© and feel happy.
The real meat feels better.

12 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 02, 2017
IamSINZ:

grin
Na him? cheesy

Lawlahdey:
X-Busta. grin grin grin
Busta Rhymes grin

QueenSekxy:

lol..nofavors take a chill pill this morning biko cheesy
Man's not hot, man's calm
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by QueenSekxy(f): 7:21am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
hahahaha..debbie,are you a feminist too?
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 02, 2017
NeeKlaus:
Lol. I have nothing much to say to you but as long as
- a guy still foots the entire bills on a date with the lady smiling like a morön,

- a guy assumes the role of a father, brother, uncle, Alhaji and Employer while paying the girl monthly 'salaries' just because he's in a parasitic relationship with her sorry ass,

- a man still receives the brunt of the public in a case of domestic violence because he's supposed to be the "stronger sex" irregardless of the fact that the lady might have provoked him first verbally,
Then, there's no gender equality. Your charade of liberal feminism (or whatchamacallit?) is total bullocks.

Nigerian feminists are a frustrated bunch. smiley
So this is what I was talking about when I said I believed in gender equality. I believe that women should not expect men to pay for dates, we should always assume that we will be paying for at least our part of the date and come prepared to do so.
Also, about the salary thing, to that i say get you an independent woman with some self esteem and you won't need to pay her any sort of salary as she would be working hard towards self dependence.

Your last point, yes there's no gender equality, that's why we should be striving towards it. It doesn't matter, male or female, whoever gets battered and bruised in a fight is usually viewed as the victim
I do think it's unfair to blame the man alone, especially in cases where the woman is physically abusive - like a story I read recently on nairaland. The claims should always be thoroughly investigated
However, yes men are physically stronger (in most cases) , I never denied that. But a person is much more than just their physique

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by makydebbie(f): 7:23am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
They don't know even know how to use it. grin
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 02, 2017
QueenSekxy:

you don't change what has been predestined undecided

this is long over due..

Explain please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

So this is what I was talking about when I said I believed in gender equality. I believe that women should not expect men to pay for dates, we should always assume that we will be paying for at least our part of the date and come prepared to do so.
Also, about the salary thing, to that i say get you an independent woman with some self esteem and you won't need to pay her any sort of salary as she would be working hard towards self dependence.

Your last point, yes there's no gender equality, that's why we should be striving towards it. It doesn't matter, male or female, whoever gets battered and bruised in a fight is usually viewed as the victim
I do think it's unfair to blame the man alone, especially in cases where the woman is physically abusive - like a story I read recently on nairaland. The claims should always be thoroughly investigated
However, yes men are physically stronger (in most cases) , I never denied that. But a person just much more than just their physique
But sorry, how many independent women do we have in Nigeria? Few, to be honest.
Most of them are busy opening legs and counting cash. Yet, they claim to be feminists. How then do you expect men to take feminist serious if the sisters are like this?

Women are their own problem. smiley

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 02, 2017
QueenSekxy:

Sadly, ess true. embarassed embarassed
Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 02, 2017
makydebbie:
They don't know even know how to use it. grin
Hahahahaha. You aff kee them. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by makydebbie(f): 7:28am On Nov 02, 2017
QueenSekxy:

Nah I'm not, just against what someone said on a thread.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Only lonely and depressed people scream about selflove.

Trust me, I'm right.
Hahaha nooope. That is far from the truth
When you love yourself, you never want to depend on another person, not giving them a chance to have any Control over you.
When you love yourself, you work hard to achieve and be so best you can be
I'm not against relationships and Love! Far from it. However one should never need another person in order to find emotional stability or to feel loved. Love yourself first and a partner will become and addition/bonus to your life, not a necessity

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by QueenSekxy(f): 7:30am On Nov 02, 2017
makydebbie:
Nah I'm not, just against what someone said on a thread.
alright cool.smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 02, 2017
NoFavors:
Nah! I didn't say that. What I'm saying is you lot are bunch of losers who refused to move on
LMAO I was a feminist even during my relationship and will continue to be one through future relationships. It changes nothing
Btw "holding a man down" is not an achievement, especially with a man that doesn't want to be held down.
Tbh so far, it seems to me that the general dislike for feminism is a bandwagon mentality. Most people don't even really understand feminism, they just hate it for no good reason

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
But sorry, how many independent women do we have in Nigeria? Few, to be honest.
Most of them are busy opening legs and counting cash. Yet, they claim to be feminists. How then do you expect men to take feminist serious if the sisters are like this?

Women are their own problem. smiley
You seem to be mixing up the term female with feminist. Female doesn't = Feminist. There doesn't seem to be a lot of feminists in Nigeria tho. Men can be feminists too! Maybe we need a better term so men feel more comfortable being associated with it

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

Hahaha nooope. That is far from the truth
When you love yourself, you never want to depend on another person, not giving them a chance to have any Control over you.
When you love yourself, you work hard to achieve and be so best you can be
I'm not against relationships and Love! Far from it. However one should never need another person in order to find emotional stability or to feel loved. Love yourself first and a partner will become and addition/bonus to your life, not a necessity
I dig your point.

It's not about loving yourself, it's about believing in yourself. They are two different things.
When you say "love yourself", IMO, it's not caring about what other people feel about you. That's cool tho. But I still reiterate that only people who are lonely and depressed scream it. If you have been loved right all your life, you wouldn't need build a shell around yourself.

People scream self love because they have been heartbroken before and they don't want that to happen to them again.

If you had a partner who treated you right and made you feel like the world revolves around you, you wouldn't talk about not needing another person to feel loved. Humans need to feel loved, self love ain't enough. They complement each other.

Note:I'm not talking about you specifically.

12 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

You seem to be mixing up the term female with feminist. Female doesn't = Feminist. There doesn't seem to be a lot of feminists in Nigeria tho. Men can be feminists too! Maybe we need a better term so men feel more comfortable being associated with it
I asked, "How many independent women do we have in Nigeria?" I wasn't talking about feminists. You can be independent and not be feminist.

Oh, you mean we don't have feminists in Nigeria? But they are scattered all over social media. grin

4 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by fuckboys: 7:47am On Nov 02, 2017
All you need is a good lengthy Bleep to reset your brain dear, I think you need sexual satisfaction right now from a B Diq

4 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
I dig your point.

It's not about loving yourself, it's about believing in yourself. They are two different things.
When you say "love yourself", IMO, it's not caring about what other people feel about you. That's cool tho. But I still reiterate that only people who are lonely and depressed scream it. If you have been loved right all your life, you wouldn't need build a shell around yourself.

People scream self love because they have been heartbroken before and they don't want that to happen to them again.

If you had a partner who treated you right and made you feel like the world revolves around you, you wouldn't talk about not needing another person to feel loved. Humans need to feel loved, self love ain't enough. They complement each other.

Note:I'm not talking about you specifically.
I still completely disagree. Yes, you may want to feel loved by someone you're in love with, that's normal. But you should never NEED that love from anyone. I've never been particularly heart broken to the point where I'm depressed and what not. I'm only 19, but self love Is something that I think is super important
- a woman or man who loves his/herself will not remain in an abusive relationship because of what society would say
- a woman or man who loves his/herself would not try to change themselves to fit what society expects from them
There's so much reasons to love yourself. You shouldn't attribute it to people with depression. Most people with depression had no self love and so their depression stemmed from not getting that love from someone else.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
I asked, "How many independent women do we have in Nigeria?" I wasn't talking about feminists. You can be independent and not be feminist.

Oh, you mean we don't have feminists in Nigeria? But they are scattered all over social media. grin
There are feminists in Nigeria, just not a lot it seems. Most likely due to to the inherent backlash they don't show themselves a lot.
As for how many independent women we have, quite frankly I don't know but I do believe that women should all be working towards being independent. If we don't have many, it's because society has taught women to be dependent on men. This needs to be reversed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

I still completely disagree. Yes, you may want to feel loved by someone you're in love with, that's normal. But you should never NEED that love from anyone. I've never been particularly heart broken to the point where I'm depressed and what not. I'm only 19, but self love Is something that I think is super important
- a woman or man who loves his/herself will not remain in an abusive relationship because of what society would say
- a woman or man who loves his/herself would not try to change themselves to fit what society expects from them
There's so much reasons to love yourself. You shouldn't attribute it to people with depression. Most people with depression had no self love and so their depression stemmed from not getting that love from someone else.
LOL. People don't stay in abusive relationships because of what the society would say. They stay because they want to. Maybe they have thick skin. grin

Okay, I agree with the concept of self love. But I do not agree with how it is portrayed.

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Lsofdk(m): 8:05am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

LMAO I was a feminist even during my relationship and will continue to be one through future relationships. It changes nothing
Btw "holding a man down" is not an achievement, especially with a man that doesn't want to be held down.
Tbh so far, it seems to me that the general dislike for feminism is a bandwagon mentality. Most people don't even really understand feminism, they just hate it for no good reason
And you think you really understand it, not surface understanding grin Women are dubbed the most difficult gender to understand, I'm sure you people don't even know what you're clamoring for.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 02, 2017
trustyshoess:

There are feminists in Nigeria, just not a lot it seems. Most likely due to to the inherent backlash they don't show themselves a lot.
As for how many independent women we have, quite frankly I don't know but I do believe that women should all be working towards being independent. If we don't have many, it's because society has taught women to be dependent on men. This needs to be reversed
LOL.

The society didn't teach women to be dependent on men. Nature did. But people are trying to twist the natural order of things, why do you think the world is raving mad?

Naturally, a woman doesn't need to compete with a man, especially in an unhealthy manner. You won't get my point because you are a feminist though.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
LOL. People don't stay in abusive relationships because of what the society would say. They stay because they want to. Maybe they have thick skin. grin

Okay, I agree with the concept of self love. But I do not agree with how it is portrayed.
Thick skin? More like thick skull! If you love yourself, you won't allow anyone to treat you like a piece of trash!

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by henrylowe(m): 8:09am On Nov 02, 2017
Lawlahdey:
LOL.

The society didn't teach women to be dependent on men. Nature did. But people are trying to twist the natural order of things, why do you think the world is raving mad?

Naturally, a woman doesn't need to compete with a man, especially in an unhealthy manner. You won't get my point because you are a feminist though.
You are very right. All these unhealthy rivalries will only complicate things

5 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist!! by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 02, 2017
Lsofdk:

And you think you really understand it, not surface understanding grin Women are dubbed the most difficult gender to understand, I'm sure you people don't even know what you're clamoring for.
Trust me, they don't. grin grin

My sisters are complicated.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Lady Who Has Had An Abortion Before? / "Some Girls Are Robbers"-read This Hilarious Story Trending On Twitter / What Do You Think About This Wedding Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.