Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story (128607 Views)

Kogi Flood: 8 Days On The Road From Warri To Lokoja, Motorists Cry Out (video) / Driving Through The Streets Of Ghana - Beautiful Scenes Around Accra / Train Commences Haulage From Warri To Itakpe For AKK Gas Project (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Mzperry(f): 10:04am On Nov 04, 2017
Read till the last page. Nice experience u ve got Op... Planning to go to Helsinki with Daddy anytime soon grin wink
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by DrollyForce(m): 10:06am On Nov 04, 2017
I'm really impressed by your zeal to make it in life.. This is a good motivation for all of us.

6 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Ayopredict: 10:07am On Nov 04, 2017
Mzperry:
Read till the last page. Nice experience u ve got Op... Planning to go to Helsinki with Daddy anytime soon grin wink

Who among ur daddys grin?

6 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by ashawopikin(m): 10:07am On Nov 04, 2017
bayocanny:

O boy shocked na only u get all this package or u borrow am?
i tire, o girl u don dey cause trouble for dis thread

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by drake49(m): 10:07am On Nov 04, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
Although I'm for USA.. but this thread has inspired me further.
Whether na by student or marriage.. I must get there..

Fire on suomi
are you a student in uniben?
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by TheManOfTheYear: 10:11am On Nov 04, 2017
drake49:
are you a student in uniben?
yes any problem?
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 04, 2017
Mzperry:

Make sense! You people must be rich oh lol grin

2 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by drake49(m): 10:13am On Nov 04, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
yes any problem?
mechanical engineering?
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Tinyemeka(m): 10:13am On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:
Dad’s company was blacklisted by Shell because of his inexperience to handle such jobs, I understood at the time, we went back to square 1 or square zero cry I was 17 then, “them nor dey tell craze man say war don start oh”....I started hustling for JAMB and post UTME matters my people.... grin I started by working at building sites at Otu Jeremi, my Warri brothers know as e dey go....so I’ll earn N500 working at a pure water factory in Airport road, then close the day at Otujeremi....brothers, poverty na bastard oh, that’s a measly 1,500 per day.....Nothing sha, I kept on looking at my ambitions even though there was a massive setback....My mother was a massive pillar, with her help I gained admission to the pre-science campus of Nnamdi Azikiwe University at Awka....the campus is located at Mbaukwu....I arrived here a virgin, 100%.....abeg oh, which people dey this my bus, make una throway salute make I know as e dey go.... cheesy
Which year did you do MBK?
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by bayocanny: 10:13am On Nov 04, 2017
comradespade:
Why dem go carry this thread go frontpage? undecided

Them go spoil am for us now angry
Bro, dem no fit...just dey look ok, we dey here
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by TheManOfTheYear: 10:14am On Nov 04, 2017
drake49:
mechanical engineering?
Nah... Chemical
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Sterope(f): 10:15am On Nov 04, 2017
Inexperience or fraud?
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 04, 2017
Tinyemeka:

Which year did you do MBK?

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by KinzyeWriter(m): 10:17am On Nov 04, 2017
Explorers:
Finland, Norway, Sweden, those countries are beautiful.

Dream to visit someday.

Nice one bro, Hi to your babe.

All the best....

Explorers don confirm this thread say e dey interesting.... lemme go and read it from alpha to zulu

4 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 04, 2017
Touchdown Stockholm....this city is simply breathtaking shocked

21 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by gayman99: 10:18am On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:

My brother na so e just be....all these Masters good oh, but na waste of time...these Europeans go just for skills acquisition only and master it well and turn millionaires....no time, na to follow the train as e dey play

As you don yarn am , Na to forget my post-doc go straight to plumbing. Certificate nor dey buy respect for naija

7 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 04, 2017
More pictures

3 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Princeoflimpopo(m): 10:20am On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:
I was born and bred in Warri, Asheshe street to be precise, but abject poverty kept hindering my ambitions of going to study abroad and getting professional there! angry rewind back to 2006, boom! boom! boom!!!, Dad won a massive Shell contract to do maintenance jobs, a 20million naira job, the whole family went to have dinner at the then Mr Biggs at Airport road then cheesy , I thought my dreams were now being actualized sad monies started to come in leaps and bounds to the family like never before, Dad quickly sent me to a school at Ikeja, to prepare for my SATS and TOEFL, I was overjoyed and I read like a man possessed cheesy, results rolled out, I nailed my SATS at 1900 out of a possible 2400 undecided, I also nailed my TOEFL at 88 out of 120....then I got accepted to 4 US universities to study Petroleum Engineering....But alas! Tragedy struck! I came back to Warri to begin visa proceedings after my “presumed success”, only for me to find out that..... cry

bros I been dey try apply for scholarship for undergraduate there but to no avail abeg u fit still help ur warri boy
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by millhouse: 10:20am On Nov 04, 2017
Blackfyre:

Epic!!!

I remember the year I did this Finland runs, anxiety want kill me but that one was Childs play compare to my current.

Something of note that a female was there to make you have hope through it all.
I dey tell u ..beta woman oo...no be d ones wey dey come here dey find wetin hushpuppy wear today..

22 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by drake49(m): 10:20am On Nov 04, 2017
TheManOfTheYear:
Nah... Chemical
Alright, am in mech final year..... i have a course mate with this name in my group.... wanted to know if he's the one.
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 04, 2017
millhouse:
I dey tell u ..beta woman oo...no be d ones wey dey come here dey find wetin hushpuppy wear today..

Lol...woman wey be your own go always understand. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 04, 2017
gayman99:

As you don yarn am , Na to forget my post-doc go straight to plumbing. Certificate nor dey buy respect for naija

When I dey IT for Port Harcourt, the expatriates wey be my friends na international electricians...Now does that ring a bell?

9 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Sterope(f): 10:23am On Nov 04, 2017
It is Nigeria. A developing country. We need their money.
Shakitibob0:
Op

But your babe day enter naija anyhow now. Did you send invitation letter to her or is naija Visa free for swedes?

I am just wondering how everything went 100% smooth for her all through
Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Rayton(m): 10:24am On Nov 04, 2017
Guy that babe tried for you really... Never make her regret it.....

18 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 04, 2017
Princeoflimpopo:

bros I been dey try apply for scholarship for undergraduate there but to no avail abeg u fit still help ur warri boy

The scholarship hard for undergraduates because na FINNISH language them take they learn, but Masters scholarship dey for English...Like say you try round up undergraduate for Naija, with better grade, nor be my kind low cgpa oh!! angry then way dey for masters scholarship for here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 04, 2017
Rayton:
Guy that babe tried for you really... Never make her regret it.....

I dey tell you....I nor fit disappoint

3 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 04, 2017
Good thread op read it from beginning to the end dry bones shall rise again

3 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by AishaBuhari: 10:27am On Nov 04, 2017
olaboy1:
Maybe I’ve not been following. You applied for residence permit base on family ties to a Swedish girl and you are in Finland?
Yes Swedish girls mentality are that weird when it comes to finding love in very difficult situations, when you live here like 5 years you will understand more why she came to Nigeria breaking all odds.

You are a smart dude, as a Naija to Naija guy who has lived here for almost 10years, my greatest advice to you is to find a job that pays above 13,000kr as a back up if you are in Sweden. All those African mentality of the theory and definition of love just put am for one corner first. The greatest sense of fulfillment for these low self esteem women no matter how beautiful they are is coming to save someone in a 3rd world country, once you start making more money than her or you are no longer in the category of a poor 3rd worlder, her insecurities will set in.

Yes Scandinavia is beautiful and you can excel here with hard work just like anywhere else in the west.
Well said smiley

2 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by millyj(f): 10:30am On Nov 04, 2017
Love your determination. I hope and pray my son,s grow up to be someone like you.your parents did a very good job raising.wishing you all the best in your endeavors.. My regards to your wonderful wife
suomi1990:
It was campaign year already in Warri, so I was much closer to my APC “ogas” like never before, me and you know how how politicians dole out money during that kind of season, I was very smart in executing little projects for oga them, and making my bar by the side, I later saved up around N1.5M! wink but APC lost the election! angry I really loved those men! Because we all worked harder to gain votes, visiting the Ijaw communities from gbaramatu to ekeurede Itsekiri up to Delta North....Everyone went their separate directions as soon as results were out! I was back to the streets with a cool N1.5M, luckily it was service year, I was posted to Kaduna....so I moved from my beloveth Warri to Kaduna and began NYSC....me and you know that with 1.5M in the bank, and serving Nigeria, if I don’t generate more money per month, na back to square zero oh brotherly, mind you, I’m the FIRST SON, and had to take care of my siblings financially too angry and send cash to parents periodically too I had to leave Nigeria ASAP before my money go just short anyhow, although I did buying and selling of clothes, shoes etc, I really had to leave for Scandanavia to pursue my professional dreams ...I read deeply about this Nordic part of Europe and their tuition free system, so I began MSc application in earnest....

NB: Bear with me for not posting pictures, I don’t have photos from these times when man dey street, but I’ll bombard here with photos from my Scandanavia movements!!! wink

19 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by gayman99: 10:32am On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:

When I dey IT for Port Harcourt, the expatriates wey be my friends na international electricians...Now does that ring a bell?

Bros make tori nor too long. Something happened in my office this week that humbled us. We dey carry certificate upadan till one guyboy visit us. Hmmm. See ride. Everybody humble. Na handwork e dey for abroad levels. Na so my oga advise us o that as young men the future is in your hands. Osanobua men, I nor fit sleep that night.

36 Likes

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Tinyemeka(m): 10:34am On Nov 04, 2017
suomi1990:
To barb hair na €20....and me normally dey keep hair, omor I don virus one Arab guy when dey run am free for me....so brothers planning to come too, make una learn all these small small things oh, because e go help you..I wanted to learn how to drive cranes and forklift driving back in Naija but money matter nor let me see road...however it’s my next skill to acquire here....

NGN8k to just barber hair! shocked

I dey go learn am sharperly. No time smiley

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story by Divay22(f): 10:35am On Nov 04, 2017
Wow..
Mehn, Life is all about being smart and the grace you carry..
Indeed there's still hope for the hopeless ...I'm happy for you OP

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.