Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,220 members, 7,780,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:56 PM

THE LOST BATTLE - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE LOST BATTLE (766 Views)

The Lost Innocence (18+) / The Lost Ghost / THE LOST BATTLE - Season Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THE LOST BATTLE by Mahorne: 7:09pm On Nov 02, 2017
Episode One

There is a war going on which no one is aware of. It's a war of ages which can't be put in cages. It's the war of my mind and it's result am yet to find. At this point it feels like am bound to loose but that's not a decision am willing to choose. I walked about putting a smile on everyone's face but far from the door of happiness is my case. I woke up thinking it's a fresh start but happiness ran away from me like a rat chased by a cat.

I tried to get hold of it, but all efforts made me want to quit. I sat and thought what to be done but I was pouring water into a bottomless pit. I took a ride amidst the best nature had to offer, but ended up feeling like a man taking a sick goat to the alter. I hanged out with kings better in status and prestige better than mine but I succeeded in getting high. I became overwhelmed in grief it crawled into my heart like a thief that it is stealing every bit of happiness left.

I suddenly became like a bottle with no water, like a car with no engine I became empty. I needed to take the giant foot of depression off my chest, for that I embarked on a quest, a quest to find happiness pretty face, you feel the warm touch of her peace and so I increased my pace. I felt like I was going to get my hearts calmness among companions, so I walked into the most of those I thought to be champions. Little did I know that it was a party of demons.

They where wolves in a sheep clothes and so quickly the Fed on the flesh of my innocence. The Fed me shit as though it was gold. We all took a walk but I never got to talk. It was a long harmless journey or so it seemed until we ended in the city of weed. I put my hopes of redemption on raps of dope never knowing I was trading myself with a rope, one I could never get freed. I tried to stop but I was been dragged by bottles of confusion, and so I drank of its content long before I realized their true intent.

Time ran pass by and another day of endless emptiness had come to its epics, my quest for redemption lost and I ended in the cold hands of my own destruction, but giving up isn't a choice am willing to make. I will find my way to the top and this time I would never drop.

To Be Continued..........
Www.flowartworld..com
Re: THE LOST BATTLE by Mahorne: 8:32pm On Nov 02, 2017
Episode Two

It's a start of another horrible day, but I feel this time it would be an opportunity for a fresh start for I made myself a promise not to walk the same lonely, sick road as I did. Tried engine myself in domestic activities but the feeling of worthlessness kept crossing my mind. Before It could be tamed, the flood gates of misery came flooding my mind but this time it came with its closest relatives GUILT and ANGER. They devoured my mind
Like it was a piece of wood eaten by a swam of locust. Like fire it consumed the peace of my conscience.

Those who were talking around me were laughing but to me it was all trashy talks. I took a ride back to the unexpected, back to them who I thought to be champions. This time there were more of them demons, but all my blind eyes could see are angels and like the wolves that they are they preyed on the flesh of my conscience. I was back to the garbage I threw away.

I buried my grief in smoke but to my mind all it was about was for the red eyes. In bottles I unleashed my rage and for the moment I felt like a hero but in reality I was in cloud zero. I was so high I never knew how to get to walking. I was doing things that I wasn't doing, saying things but not actually talking, hearing sounds of birds while it was quarrels from the wolf pack I considered friends. I never loved the feeling but the moment was like climbing the stairways to heaven.

Believe it when people tell you words like 'enjoy the moment while it last' for the moment I had while in cloud zero was like been given diamond on a golden plate but in reality it was like the smell of a dunk in a stable. Walking to a stoney cover to sit but my mind played it's best tricks on me, for all I saw was the sit of a king but on reaching my head spined the next moment I was on the floor with a bleeding nostril flowing like water fall. My eyes was cured from its dope blindness so the misery and guilt was accompanied with the scars that would last a life time. I then realized I had driven down the lonely road.

Dope has its powerful magnet that could attract the holiest of men once you get involved in it romantic death trap only but once. It's cuddles are too hard to break free from and it's cages you could not escape. I tried but ended up back into the same well I crawled out off. I had the will to break it's bonds on me but it's grip was too had to let go. I was so lost in the habit, too weak to fight back the war at my door step. I have realized I needed an extra force to fight my battles and come out victorious.......

To Be continued......
Www.flowartworld..com
Re: THE LOST BATTLE by Mahorne: 8:35pm On Nov 02, 2017
Episode Three

Feeling a bit different today. My heart is at ease that I felt I was actually having a level of happiness. The feeling came to me like a rush of breeze to my mind. But what inspired my feelings was the most amazing creature I have ever seen standing right before my red eyes. All sorrows, all worries vanished just the moment I cherished. I believe my life had a meaning see her. Like an angel she walked into my heart and there she sat. The moment I saw her I knew she was one and all I could think is to talk hold of her hands as we walk along the marina at night like to love birds, watch her smile which is like thousand roses spread across the savanna adding beauty into my life.

Her voice was like that of a thousand birds all singing in one delightful tune melodies that calmed my heart beat, relaxed my nerves putting a smile on my sad wrinkled face. Her beauty can't be compared with anyone else for all the contours were perfect I literally saw my hands driving down. I couldn't help but notice I was been thrown of my edge. I knew that feeling. I felt I could just walk up to her and say 'Under the star spangled sky at night with the radiant moon shining so bright I hold your adorable hand so tight for the moment feels so right and am not ready to take to flight for am afraid I might get into a fight, a fight that I won't let you out of my sight for I want to always feel that delight the delight I feel when you are with me for you bring into my life much light 4 it's with you I desire to be even if we stay all night under a tree as long as we have each other I would be in need of no other.'

I was gradually falling in love. Suddenly she was walking toward me. That magic moment got hold of me that I was thrown into a trance and as she approached the feeling kept getting better and better for I saw the stars in her smile. She stretched her hands out for a hand shake. I was afraid if I took hold of it I may never let go. I imagine she would be the one who would free my soul, the answer to all my worries. As I held her hands they where the most amazing arms have ever held so soft and smooth and gently I gave it a peck. Chill ran down my spine. It was as been on an electric chair and been electrocuted but not wanting it to end.

The greatest moment of my life became the worst when I got to know her better as she talked about this dude. I felt I was better than him and so I convinced my heart he was her brother but as a thief the truth crawled up my ears when she told me he was her fiancée. I felt a huge knife passed through my back to my heart. I felt completely useless and hopeless as I out of grief went back to the raps of my doom and like a chimney I smoked endlessly. I started to ask myself why I was feeling miserable for a lady that was never mine. It still remains a mystery in my mind.

To Be Continued.......
Re: THE LOST BATTLE by Mahorne: 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
Episode Four

Just like every other day, I felt a touch of peace and misery. A misery too great a burden it was like my mind was going to burst. The only thing good enough to calm the fire in me was anything with a cool, calm beats. To me music was like a medicine to my lungs, to my mind is was a warm touch and to my bone marrow it pierced like an arrow. Music was like a man leading my heart and mind to a dance, it made me feel like me. I was anxious to have a splendid day. I took hold of my headset, sat down, closed my eyes and enjoyed the cool Blues. It was so divine that it swept me off my feet and made me move in steps I never believed I had in me.

While enjoying the moment I heard a knock on my door. I stopped and took a tour, a tour into my mind wondering who it could be disturbing me in my hour of freedom and happiness. Freedom from all worries. I walked up the door, paused and listened but all I could hear was silence. I could literally hear my heart beat. On opening the door with my heart down my feet, it was a moment of surprise on seeing the set of losers I call friends wishing be a happy birthday when I had forgotten when I was born. Although I needed no company, but didn't have the nerves to send them packing. Humbly I opened my crib to them and in a matter of minutes my crib had turned to a home of harlots and bandits. It was a wild crazy party that I never signed up for out here.

I tried to object but all I received was been totally ignored. It was a long ten (10) hours of unending frustration and it kept on for eight (cool hours more. I could take it no more and tried talking but same result but this time I was handed a bottle of liquor and out of frustration I drank. At first it was a sound of two matured people talking but later turned to a bunch of babies waning. It kept getting louder and louder and in seconds we heard as though thunder struck. We all ran and found a young fellow drowning in his own blood and the other with a gun.

We were trying to clean up the mess when sounds of sirens stopped at my door with heavy thunder knocks. It was the cops and we all were at the back of a van in no time with cuffs so thick a metal I could hardly break out of it. My freedom was now fully denied from me and my happiness ran off once again I felt confused, miserable, angry and felt like ending it all. I was tortured, beaten and locked In a cold dark room and left there to rot. It then struck me what I needed to do. To end all friendships and all friends but the question left for me to answer was how. And did I have what it takes to make this decision?

To Be Continued......
Re: THE LOST BATTLE by Mahorne: 8:46pm On Nov 06, 2017
Episode Five

Sixty eight days later my innocence was proven by one of those who instigated the fun at my crib and I was released as usual I ought to much better but that wasn't the case. Happiness eluded me, rage and hatred became the closest companions to my heart, guilt flooded my mind. I became a monster. I wanted others to pay for my mistakes, pushing blames on them and not seeing my own flaws. All who provoked the gods would suffer it's wrath was the kind of attitude that clouded my judgment.

As a result I ended up in the same pit I had just been removed from sixteen times that all inmates took me as a father. I saw given a counselor to help me work out my anger issues but my counselor became the one needing counseling. I almost forgot what happiness felt like but things were about to change.

One day I sat and asked myself what I have become after I had beaten a man to coma who didn't deserve such fate. It was then it struck me. I had become the same monster I have be fighting against. I then remembered a promise made to myself to end all friendships, for my behavior was as a result of their endeavour. I took an anger management class which at a time felt like a total waste of time but in the real sense I was becoming happier by the day.

Then when all was about getting a little better a heavy sword pierced my heart on hearing of the demise of a woman I held in high esteem. Someone who was not only my mother but also a role model to me. A woman who sacrifice her life, her happiness, her freedom and her virginity to raise me up to be a hardworking, responsible, reasonable, and dignified member of the society.

It hit me so hard that my rage became like a volcano about to erupt, my heard felt like it had a heart of it's own for it pounced, my heart beat almost stopped, blood from my veins all came up to my eyes that one could literally see fire burning in them, my feet felt weak to carry my body, my lungs felt like they all became metal to heavy, it was like my who world would come to an end.

I heard a knock on my door, it was the mail man who handed me an envelope and asked me to sign which I did. Shotting the door and opening the envelope I saw this words ''from mom''. All her words I too to heart but those that pierced to my bone marrow were these words ''SON I KNOW YOU CAN FIND PEACE AND I NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING THAT. YOU HAVE THE POWER IN YOU AND RIGHT FROM THE DAY I GAVE BIRTH TO YOU I SAW IN YOU EYES THE WILL TO DO GOOD ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND REACH OUT TO THAT PART OF YOU THAT HAS A PURE HEART. YOU CAN DO IT SON, YOU CAN DO IT''. All I could think about after this words where how could I accomplish this.

To be continued......
Re: THE LOST BATTLE by Mahorne: 1:50pm On Nov 10, 2017
Final episode

As a man who would look at himself in the mirror and off he goes forgetting who he is and what he is and what he ought to do I became. For a moment the words of my beloved mother had its way to my heart but once I dropped the later I went back to my old life.

My friends were released from prison an as hives of bee the came running to my door, these time they came begging for mercy. It has been 31 days i had not seen them, as a fool I forgave them. They told me about this job. I was a fool to believe them for the gave me shit as gold, they painted it as a legit white collar job. They made plans behind my back, I was left in the dark.

The day came we all dressed. I was pleased I was getting a job. We got into a car and in no time we arrived in front of a bank, walked in. I was slapped with shock when I saw my own friends pulling out long black rods with bullets firing them into the air. I was handed one but I couldn't get my hands to hold it. I couldn't help but shade tears for all that rang in my head was the words of my mom. I heard a gun shot behind me and on instincts I turned and pulled the trigger. I had just shot an officer. Out of anger I continuously held the trigger down killing all my demons that calls themselves my friends but in the process I too was hit badly

I managed to escape in the car I don't have much time left. I just wish my mom was here so I could say these words before I finally pass by " I know you would be disappointed in me and you should. I have let you down, dragged the families name to the mud. All you ever wanted was a son who was happy, faithful, hardworking, a fighter for what is right someone u would look at and be proud to say this is my son, but instead here I am a drunkard, lover of women, smoker, and now an armed robber. I deserve what's happening to me now but all I need is your forgiveness. I wish I could have another chance to change but it's too late for me now. My demons have won and succeeded in running my life. They have turned me into a murderer. I can't say how sorry I am to have brought this disgrace on you. Now I am in my final hour just wanna say goodbye. "

THE END
Re: THE LOST BATTLE by Mahorne: 1:52pm On Nov 10, 2017
Thanks for reading am actually a new writer an willing to improve. Please drop a comment of all kinds. Criticize my write up if not we'll written please
Re: THE LOST BATTLE by Mahorne: 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2017
The story tell us some things that happens around us. Some part of it happened to someone I know. Sometimes we engage in things like drinking, smoking womanizing, etc to suppress some personal issues we may be having that weighs us down. We also let bad association to take the best of us and these bad friends may make us do things naturally we won't think of doing and the end result would be detrimental. We may not end up dead as did the person in the story but other scars may be there that would be hard to forget so the novel serves as a warning to us all.

(1) (Reply)

Show Me The Way [an Engaging Story] / Money Change Face / OKPOROKO 14+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.