Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection (11460 Views)

Inside Alex Ekwueme's House As Uche Secondus‏ Pays Condolence Visit To Family / Nnamdi Kanu Visits Alex Ekwueme, Says "I Will Obey Him" / Nnamdi Kanu Greets Alex Ekwueme At His Residence In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by johnnyvid(m): 2:24am On Nov 03, 2017
Obiano prays for ex-VP’s recovery

The family of the former Vice President, Dr. Alex Ekwueme, wednesday said the octogenarian was in a stable condition, but would remain under close medical observation for some time.

The politician who recently marked his 85th birthday reportedly slumped and relapsed into a coma. last Saturday at his residence before he was rushed to a hospital in Enugu.

But in the statement issued by his brother and traditional ruler of Oko community, Prof. Laz Ekwueme, and made available to THISDAY, the family said the former vice president was no longer in critical condition.

“The former Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, was on Sunday, October 29, 2017, admitted into hospital for a chest infection. It will be recalled that the former vice president had a quiet celebration of his 85th birthday on October 21, 2017, in the company of his family members and he remained in high spirits up till his recent health challenges.

“His doctors confirmed that he is stable, but he will remain under close medical attention in the mean time.
“The family would like to express its profound gratitude to all Nigerians who have shown concern over this development and requests their sustained support and prayers as he continues to make a full recovery,” the statement noted.

When THISDAY visited the hospital located near Penok petrol station in Trans-Ekulu, Enugu yesterday, none of the hospital staff volunteered information on the former vice-president, though a police orderly attached to him was seen within the premises looking forlon.

At his residence located in Independence Layout, Enugu, the gateman simply said: “His Excellency is not around,” even as the place looked deserted.

“He was trying to get something from the table when he suddenly collapsed, and immediately someone raised the alarm, we proceeded to revive him while cautious enough not to attract neighbours,” a relative, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, reportedly said.

He added: “When it became obvious that he had relapsed into a coma, we rushed him to a hospital at GRA (Government Reserved Area) but we were referred to Memphys Hospital by medical consultants who had critically examined his condition.

“When there was no sign of improvement last Monday afternoon, we rallied round and informed the former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, who is like a son, and he has been making plans to fly him overseas.”
Among top personalities that have already visited him in the hospital were Enugu State Governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, and Peter Obi.

It was also gathered that the Minister of Health, Prof Isaac Adewole, had sent a team to the hospital to assess the situation.

Reacting to the development, the incumbent Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano, yesterday joined well-meaning Nigerians to pray for the speedy recovery of the former vice-president
Obiano, in a two-paragraph statement that he personally signed, enjoined Anambra people and Nigerians to pray for Ekwueme.

The governor described the former vice-president as the pride of the Igbo race and the hope for a better and peaceful Anambra State.

The statement read: “Ndi Anambra (People of Anambra), please join me to pray for nna anyi (our father), His Excellency, Dr. Alex Ifeanyichukwu Ekwueme, who I’m told is recovering from an illness in the hospital.
“Dr. Ekwueme is the pride of Ndigbo and our hope for a better Nigeria and a peaceful Anambra State.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/11/02/ekwueme-in-stable-condition-says-family/

1 Share

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by johnnyvid(m): 2:24am On Nov 03, 2017
i pray for his speedy recovery.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by ngmgeek(m): 2:25am On Nov 03, 2017
may God heal him

5 Likes

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by johnnyvid(m): 2:25am On Nov 03, 2017
really health is wealth.

2 Likes

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by johnnyvid(m): 2:26am On Nov 03, 2017
cc lalasticlala cc mynd44 cc oam4j
Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by Ebios(m): 3:09am On Nov 03, 2017
Abeg o
Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by funlord(m): 5:26am On Nov 03, 2017
Choi! Alexo my nigga? And I warned him to take it easy with that madam chidinmas skunk dizzle that we puffed on the day of his birthday oh? Good to see he is okay now sha.. grin

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by luvinhubby(m): 5:37am On Nov 03, 2017
funlord:

Choi! Alexo my nigga? And I warned him to take it easy with that madam chidinmas skunk dizzle that we puffed on the day of his birthday oh? Good to see he is okay now sha.. grin

Must you make caricature of elders?

Wishing Chief Ekwueme total recovery.

4 Likes

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by XXLDICK(m): 11:28am On Nov 03, 2017
Which speedy recovery

May Amadioha strike both of them dead. Thieves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by asawanathegreat(m): 11:28am On Nov 03, 2017
Get well soon
Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by Lilimax(f): 11:29am On Nov 03, 2017
XXLDICK:
Which speedy recovery

Attention seeker shocked
You've been noticed.

5 Likes

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by Abfinest007(m): 11:30am On Nov 03, 2017
one by one them don de go. ehya even with ur money u still have these terrible illness say goodbye to life

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by ducksoup: 11:30am On Nov 03, 2017
Alex Ekwueme should go and die.

Nonsense. He's one of those destroying this country. God is answering our prayers.

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 03, 2017
Let him take 2 tabs of Beecham Ampiclox ...abeg wey that meme for medicine...make him take two e go dey okay grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by sotall(m): 11:31am On Nov 03, 2017
OK
Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by Daniel058(m): 11:31am On Nov 03, 2017
Build better hospital for Naija una no gree

ANYWAY e don OLd

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by iretemide(f): 11:31am On Nov 03, 2017
speed recovery
Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by policy12: 11:31am On Nov 03, 2017
Hmmm like a thread open earlier if this people have make this country work when in power some of this illnesses would have been easy thing to handle in this country

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by DONSMITH123(m): 11:32am On Nov 03, 2017
XXLDICK:
Which speedy recovery

ducksoup:
Alex Ekwueme should go and die.

Nonsense. He's one of those destroying this country. God is answering our prayers.

3 Likes

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by Danny287(m): 11:35am On Nov 03, 2017
Ok
Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:36am On Nov 03, 2017
When buhari was sick, the ipigs no let us hear word...

Dem forget say we all be human...besides, age is not on buhari's side...

Jide Tinubu died, and I marvelled at the at way some idiots displayed such stupidity as saying he used his son..

No biggie... Na turn by turn..

The only reason u heard of Tinubu own na because he popular... no one is immortal... Their turn dey come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 03, 2017
funlord:

Afonja...product of born-throway. 80% of Afonjas don't know their fathers.

2 Likes

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by iammolise(m): 11:38am On Nov 03, 2017
He was vice to who Abeg?

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by XXLDICK(m): 11:41am On Nov 03, 2017
Lilimax:
Attention seeker shocked
You've been noticed.
Attention seeking

Do I have a picture or any other means of identification attached to my profile
Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by Lilimax(f): 12:03pm On Nov 03, 2017
XXLDICK:

Attention seeking

Do I have a picture or any other means of identification attached to my profile
I know you and your popular handle!
You're just hiding under this monicker. embarassed
Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by XXLDICK(m): 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2017
Lilimax:
I know you and your popular handle!
You're just hiding under this monicker. embarassed

You are bluffing tongue

Even CIA can't get the info you claim to know

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by talk2percy(m): 12:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
Honestly I dunno why I find it extremely difficult praying for politicians or even typing common get well soon for them. I have grown a very though skin for them and their damn well being.

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by funlord(m): 12:15pm On Nov 03, 2017
[quote author=liberalsinnerx post=62032613]

[s]Afonja...product of born-throway. 80% of Afonjas don't know their fathers.[[/s]/quote]

Because you don't know your own father should not cause you to be bitter towards those in society who have one! It is not my fault that you were found not worthy of being loved but rather as an error of judgement! cool

1 Like

Re: Alex Ekwueme Diagnosed With Chest Infection by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
I'm not understanding...how rich pple get some disease....

Chest infection!!!!!

And my hustling boys under Lagos bridge inhaling the whole dust of Lagos plus skunk and white London still strong kakaraka....

Nature/ karma always have a way of balancing the equation

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum / Restructuring Comment: Southern, Middle Belt Forum, Others Tackle Buhari / SSS Raid Bomb Factory In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.