Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,149 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff (63004 Views)

Uber Increases Fare From ₦850 To ₦1200 / FG Approves Concession Of Lagos, Abuja, Two Other Airports / FG Approves Concession Of Lagos, Abuja Airports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by Xisnin(m): 10:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
1nigeriamyfoot:

ode ni e, anybody wey against APC lies is now IPod member abi? I carry yansh for your mumuness because the thing no get rival grin grin grin

Nje o ni laakaye bi tii wule ki o kere mo bayi? ko da mi l'oju sa o grin grin grin

There are lot of coward Ipob members who are too ashamed to
publicly associate with Ipob due to the failure of their agitation.
Many usually adopt Yoruba handles to gain sympathy because
their post will be treated with scorn if they dare use their real name
but most of their posts are used for spreading senseless Ipob propaganda.

It doesn't matter if you write a Yoruba thesis, it doesn't change the
fact that you an Ipob supporter and are still suffering from your failed
agitation. There are lot of assimilated Ipob touts in lagos who
can't speak their mother's tongue, I won't be surprised if you are one of them.

A question you will continue to ask yourself is why you fell for the scam of
a coward mentally unbalanced kanu.
Were you under a spell?
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by 1nigeriamyfoot: 10:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
Xisnin:

There are lot of coward Ipob members who are too ashamed to
publicly associate with Ipob due to the failure of their agitation.
Many usually adopt Yoruba handles to gain sympathy because
their post will be treated with scorn if they dare use their real name
but most of their posts are used for spreading senseless Ipob propaganda.

It doesn't matter if you write a Yoruba thesis, it doesn't change the
fact that you an Ipob supporter and are still suffering from your failed
agitation. There are lot of assimilated Ipob touts in lagos who
can't speak their mother's tongue, I won't be surprised if you are one of them.

A question you will continue to ask yourself is why you fell for the scam of
a coward mentally unbalanced kanu.
Were you under a spell?
Ode ni e, do you realize that Nnamdi Kanu agitation shaked the Senate? Check all my post to see that I don't spare ipob members whenever that the need be. Nigeria is not 1. Maina, Baru, Babachir, IGP grin
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by Kokaine(m): 10:59pm On Nov 03, 2017
if you know the road through oniru you can avoid these bridges altogether.
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 03, 2017
Na alternate route sure pass
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by AntiWailer: 11:13pm On Nov 03, 2017
cytell56:

Hmm, who dash you, baba Hushpuppi!!!

I dnt need to be hushpuppi.

Go and learn computer programming and be a veteran. You will see how easy it is to give out an old car to get another one.

If u are wise enough u go learn the skill instead of wasting away arguing baselessly
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by tundeport(m): 11:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
Haba,we hope this toll would be remove after govt have paid the money for the bridge.but now,they turn it to atm to loot lagosian,politian need to change their ways of surfing peoples.pls let us protest to cancel the toll gate,or even reduce it to #50,0per car.becos 30 minutes of that toll gate have paid all staff and maintenance of the toll.pls fear God.
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by mrvitalis(m): 11:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
eph12:

Seriously? Have you compared what they are getting from the government too? We pay for our own security, roads, electricity, house everything. What's government giving us? I am an advocate of tax too but the government has not proven to be accountable. Let's have an account of money generated and spent so far. Are we sure we're not going to see things like 500m for website or borehole?
This the problem with Nigerians you don't get development before you pay tax , you pay tax before development

Tax is all we need in this country to end tribalism in politics and all
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by piagetskinner(m): 11:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
in the end we'll just whine on social media and complain in the privacy of our homes and with friends

in the end, nothing will be done...absolutely
nothing!!that's Nigerians for you
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by legalwealth(m): 4:10am On Nov 04, 2017
Samstone79:
From a reliable source: They said the reason for the change in toll price is to decongest traffic while asking for change, hence making it a round number.#Crazy

They should bring it down to N100 instead if that is their reason which is extremely senseless! !!
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by Reference(m): 4:42am On Nov 04, 2017
I am a tourist to Lagos so I don't mind. Can't see how the mark up will adversely affect folks, its miniscule. I rather like the model of infrastructure funding. What folks should rather demand for is improved services. Follow the money and make sure it is well spent.
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by MahatmaGhandi: 5:45am On Nov 04, 2017
mrvitalis:

This the problem with Nigerians you don't get development before you pay tax , you pay tax before development

I don dey see wetin you dey post since for this matter and i dey try to do like say i no see am, but this last one wen you type so pain me. Ore mi na God go punish you. All the money wen we dey pay since wetin dem dey use am do, Nigerians are dying avoidable deaths everyday because of insensitive monsters that we have been voting into power and like pharoh you want Nigerians to make bricks without straw. God punish you and thunder fire you join, we don' need your type in Nigeria.
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by eph12(m): 6:10am On Nov 04, 2017
mrvitalis:

Where is this law written?

Tax to end tribalism? How?

Seems you skipped the part where I said at this point we're not sure if we can trust this government to deliver on its promises after collecting tax.

Let the government borrow for infrastructural and economic development and we will be more than glad to pay the tax
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by Deepfreezer(m): 6:50am On Nov 04, 2017
They should increase it to 1000 or which ever price they desire.
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by mrvitalis(m): 7:32am On Nov 04, 2017
eph12:

Where is this law written?

Tax to end tribalism? How?

Seems you skipped the part where I said at this point we're not sure if we can trust this government to deliver on its promises after collecting tax.

Let the government borrow for infrastructural and economic development and we will be more than glad to pay the tax

You can not tax people high without deliverying

How would tax end tribalism? Simple when you earn 100k and pay 40k as tax
You won't go voting your brother all you would seek is who would deliver for you
The bank you bank with do you consider the tribe of the owners ?
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by judgedredd22(m): 7:35am On Nov 04, 2017
three:
Nigerians are the answer to politicians' prayers - industriously docile and creatively nepotisitic.

Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by mrvitalis(m): 7:36am On Nov 04, 2017
MahatmaGhandi:

I don dey see wetin you dey post since for this matter and i dey try to do like say i no see am, but this last one wen you type so pain me. Ore mi na God go punish you. All the money wen we dey pay since wetin dem dey use am do, Nigerians are dying avoidable deaths everyday because of insensitive monsters that we have been voting into power and like pharoh you want Nigerians to make bricks without straw. God punish you and thunder fire you join, we don' need your type in Nigeria.
Thanks for the insult

But how much did you pay as tax last month ?

And average car owner spends 600k a years to repair cars , and 80% of that is caused by bad roads ...if each car owner pays a car tax of 200k a year we would have over 4 trillion a year to maintain our roads ,now we have average of less than 100bn
How do you think our loans would be ?
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by eph12(m): 7:49am On Nov 04, 2017
mrvitalis:

You can not tax people high without deliverying

How would tax end tribalism? Simple when you earn 100k and pay 40k as tax
You won't go voting your brother all you would seek is who would deliver for you
The bank you bank with do you consider the tribe of the owners ?
How much is our current revenue? How much of it is spent on recurrence? How much of is being used productively? You can't ask for more without justifying what you have done with the ones given to you before
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by mrvitalis(m): 8:02am On Nov 04, 2017
eph12:

How much is our current revenue? How much of it is spent on recurrence? How much of is being used productively? You can't ask for more without justifying what you have done with the ones given to you before
What was our last month revenue?

Federal government has a wage bill of 160bn a month , all the state has a combined wage bill of close to 160bn too , plus local governments, say 60bn
You have wage bill of 380bn a month , how much is left , defense, ASUU demands 18bn every month

We won't get 15bn for road maintenance
But we have close to 12 million cars in Nigeria , if each pay 200k a years Thad 4.4trillion for roads alone

Even the devil Would fix our roads with that amount....democracy is not in anywhere efficient when it comes to money
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by Cjay2020(m): 8:04am On Nov 04, 2017
Samstone79:
From a reliable source: They said the reason for the change in toll price is to decongest traffic while asking for change, hence making it a round number.#Crazy
100 to 50..150 to 100... 200 to 150 and so on is round number too
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by cytell56: 8:15am On Nov 04, 2017
AntiWailer:

I dnt need to be hushpuppi.

Go and learn computer programming and be a veteran. You will see how easy it is to give out an old car to get another one.

If u are wise enough u go learn the skill instead of wasting away arguing baselessly

Different kind of human being!!! Computer programming!!! Na wa o!!!
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by eph12(m): 8:18am On Nov 04, 2017
mrvitalis:

What was our last month revenue?

Federal government has a wage bill of 160bn a month , all the state has a combined wage bill of close to 160bn too , plus local governments, say 60bn
You have wage bill of 380bn a month , how much is left , defense, ASUU demands 18bn every month

We won't get 15bn for road maintenance
But we have close to 12 million cars in Nigeria , if each pay 200k a years Thad 4.4trillion for roads alone

Even the devil Would fix our roads with that amount....democracy is not in anywhere efficient when it comes to money
Money agberos collect go to where? How is this wage bill of 380bn helping Nigeria? How much of it does the executive, legislative and judiciary consume? How much of this is spent on allowances and other bonuses? What have they done to the wastages? How come the hospital at aso rock don't have basic medical equipment? What's happening to the allocation?

You want the people to trust a government that has not proven to be trustworthy? This is anti-people. Let the government borrow to fix the roads and electricity and we will pay our tax accordingly. The ordinary citizens are passing through a lot already and if you can't see this then that's terrible. If transport fare is increased, it won't be increased for only those earning 100k and above, there are people earning just about 50k with families and you're asking for more sacrifices. These ones can barely cater for their families.

What sacrifices is government making?
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by mrvitalis(m): 8:23am On Nov 04, 2017
eph12:

Money agberos collect go to where? How is this wage bill of 380bn helping Nigeria? How much of it does the executive, legislative and judiciary consume? How much of this is spent on allowances and other bonuses? What have they done to the wastages? How come the hospital at aso rock don't have basic medical equipment? What's happening to the allocation?

You want the people to trust a government that has not proven to be trustworthy? This is anti-people. Let the government borrow to fix the roads and electricity and we will pay our tax accordingly. The ordinary citizens are passing through a lot already and if you can't see this then that's terrible. If transport fare is increased, it won't be increased for only those earning 100k and above, there are people earning just about 50k with families and you're asking for more sacrifices. These ones can barely cater for their families.

What sacrifices is government making?

American spends $700bn on defence yet can comfortably say they quick defeat Russia that spends $80bn

Take a look at the top 30 economy in the world compare revenue/gdp then compare that to what we have

What we need is afficient taxing system until we can get upto 30 to 60 trillion as revenue we won't develop the way we want to
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by MahatmaGhandi: 8:26am On Nov 04, 2017
mrvitalis:

Thanks for the insult

But how much did you pay as tax last month ?

And average car owner spends 600k a years to repair cars , and 80% of that is caused by bad roads ...if each car owner pays a car tax of 200k a year we would have over 4 trillion a year to maintain our roads ,now we have average of less than 100bn
How do you think our loans would be ?

Are you trying to argue that Lagos State does not have enough money to maintain roads, are you saying the revenue that the toll gate currently generates is not enough to maintain the road. My brother even if you no dey fear anybody at least make you fear God. Lagosians do not deserve further burden from this Government or any other one. I still maintain that he the governor should block his loopholes and cut his benefactor to size, instead of attacking the poor masses whose votes he claims brought his government to power.
Despite that we pay our taxes (at least i pay mine and religiously ) we still have to pay for water, security, education and every other thing that is the respobsibility of government to provide with the proceeds of our taxes. The state government also gets federal allocation every month, which is more than enough to move lagos state light years ahead of what it is today, but this is africa where nothing works, the only african country that has the similitude of a working system is south africa which is being run by the machines and systems that the white man put in place. It is people that think like you and the governor that put africa in the hardship that is in today.
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by mrvitalis(m): 8:47am On Nov 04, 2017
MahatmaGhandi:

Are you trying to argue that Lagos State does not have enough money to maintain roads, are you saying the revenue that the toll gate currently generates is not enough to maintain the road. My brother even if you no dey fear anybody at least make you fear God. Lagosians do not deserve further burden from this Government or any other one. I still maintain that he the governor should block his loopholes and cut his benefactor to size, instead of attacking the poor masses whose votes he claims brought his government to power.
Despite that we pay our taxes (at least i pay mine and religiously ) we still have to pay for water, security, education and every other thing that is the respobsibility of government to provide with the proceeds of our taxes. The state government also gets federal allocation every month, which is more than enough to move lagos state light years ahead of what it is today, but this is africa where nothing works, the only african country that has the similitude of a working system is south africa which is being run by the machines and systems that the white man put in place. It is people that think like you and the governor that put africa in the hardship that is in today.
Are you a civil engineer? If years what's the trafic on that road ? What's the total maintaince cost for such road per kilometer in the uk or Germany

The people that constructed the road also need to make profit you know right ?
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by Omooba77: 9:41am On Nov 04, 2017
Kokaine:
if you know the road through oniru you can avoid these bridges altogether.

Please when last did you pass the road. Around the market down to Oniru linking Sandfill is bad of full of pot holes
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by Afritop(m): 9:42am On Nov 04, 2017
I wonder the excuse they will give, since there is no fuel price increase
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by AntiWailer: 9:46am On Nov 04, 2017
cytell56:

Different kind of human being!!! Computer programming!!! Na wa o!!!

lol.

Apparently you don't even understand anything.
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by eph12(m): 9:46am On Nov 04, 2017
mrvitalis:

American spends $700bn on defence yet can comfortably say they quick defeat Russia that spends $80bn

Take a look at the top 30 economy in the world compare revenue/gdp then compare that to what we have

What we need is afficient taxing system until we can get upto 30 to 60 trillion as revenue we won't develop the way we want to
Continuing ignoring the part where I'm asking for accountability and control on government excesses. This discuss is becoming annoying.
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by mrvitalis(m): 10:15am On Nov 04, 2017
eph12:

Continuing ignoring the part where I'm asking for accountability and control on government excesses. This discuss is becoming annoying.
I told you democracy has never been efficient in managing public funds that's one of its disadvantages

So that's that's
Re: Lekki Concession Increases Toll Gate Fare. See New Tariff by hush15: 10:53am On Nov 04, 2017
Omooba77:

Oga please this is a serious matter. I just saw the banner this morning. Our income has not increased, why will LASG makes live unbearable for people. Transporters will increase fares and so on. It will have multiplier effects. Not this time of the year sir.
Ara nkan everybody ( Body is hurting everybody)

Maybe you don't understand. The guy just mentioned the serious truth.

Newway, we need to look at the bigger picture here. The LCD guy must be really stupid to even think that will fly. Those guys make stupendous income on daily basis. The volume of vehicles that cross those tolls is extraordinarily astounding but here is the cash, how much is remitted from cash collection from the toll. Those toll collectors don't remit it all under so many excuses. Either car owners refuse to pay or jumping the toll And there is no way LCD can tell the number of vehicles that cross their line in a day. Those cameras are just for beautification and to record mishap not to count cars. So this paints the picture thag they not making enough when indeed, they making more than enough. So many times have I driven pass those toll and my change is not been handed back. So those revenue collectors are actually smiling to the bank.

So what are they trying to do? First, the only way to ensure they get the right figure is if people pick up the e-tags cos by doing that, more people will pay to the company direct using all payment channel available and they will earn more And that's where I have a big problem with them. The e-tag system is inefficient. The way deductions is being done m, you have no clue. You put money one minute and the next minute, they can tell you it's finished And thus cannot pass thru the toll.

So what do they need to do? Why not do either a web app that features the ability to pay, track your payments and notify when you need to recharge rather than waiting till you get to the toll before you will be told whether you have access or not But they will never think of that. Reason is Because of the in-house fraud that thappens.they do and cannot declare real income.

Well, the Second option is the one they resulted to which is increasing fare to cover the gap that the in house fraud creates And Parisians need to fight this with EVERYTHING

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG Issues Flood Alert, Says 14 States May Record Heavy Rainfall / Living In Ghana, My Experience. / Travel Ban On Nigeria: Official US Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.