Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke (45623 Views)

Fayemi: APC May Collapse When Buhari Leaves Office / Okorocha: APC May Collapse After Buhari’s Tenure / IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by MrMystrO(m): 1:52pm On Nov 03, 2017
Former Cross River State Governor, Donald Duke, has warned that the economic pressure on Lagos may make the state collapse. He gave the warning at the official launch of the National Competitiveness Report and Sub National Index held in Lagos.

“We are living in a fool’s paradise. We here in Lagos are cocooned from the realities of Nigeria. Take a trip to Borno State; go to parts of the north and the Niger-Delta”. Duke recalled that he was discussing with Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede and Aliko Dangote, when the latter told the story of a boy whom he found at an Internally Displaced Persons (IDP) Camp and asked for his father.

“The chap looked at him (Dangote) but did not understand the concept of fatherhood. He is in the IDP Camp. There are thousands of them in those camps; there is no hope for them; all they do there is just breathing.”

He lambasted the Buhari government for showing more interest in politics than economics. “And if you don’t get the economics right, then governance cannot work. You cannot be competitive when you are not productive. The first thing is how do we get productive?”

Duke also criticised the way states in Nigeria have been set up. “And there is no master-plan to make each one of them an economic entity. So, we have a country, where a blessing (exponential population growth) is turning into a curse, because in the next three years, our population will be 200 million, yet all the productive indices are going down. “Lagos may be crowded out. Every year, 750,000 new people come to Lagos to reside, the economy cannot support that. So if you don’t get the rest of the country working, Lagos itself will collapse.”

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/03/lagos-may-collapse-donald-duke/

122 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointB: 1:57pm On Nov 03, 2017
Donald mind yourself oo.

While we are encouraging our displaced Benue cowmen to come and join the hassle in Lagos, you are predicting doom.

Nothing dey shele bro.

Lasgidi will take us all without shaking. At least I don't have to travel hundreds of miles to an Embassy or use the International Airport or seaport. All I need to do is live in Lagos!

(Be sure to wear your sarcasm lens before reading)

46 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by nijabazaar: 1:58pm On Nov 03, 2017
Tell them...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointZerom: 2:08pm On Nov 03, 2017
"He lambasted the Buhari government for showing more interest in politics than economics. “And if you don’t get the economics right, then governance cannot work. You cannot be competitive when you are not productive. The first thing is how do we get productive?”
Duke also criticised the way states in Nigeria have been set up. “And there is no master-plan to make each one of them an economic entity. So, we have a country, where a blessing (exponential population growth) is turning into a curse, because in the next three years, our population will be 200 million, yet all the productive indices are going down. “Lagos may be crowded out. Every year, 750,000 new people come to Lagos to reside, the economy cannot support that. So if you don’t get the rest of the country working, Lagos itself will collapse".

159 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by magoo10(m): 2:09pm On Nov 03, 2017

He lambasted the Buhari government for showing more interest in politics than economics. “And if you don’t get the economics right, then governance cannot work.

What does buhari know about economics kwanu,how does cattle rearing relate to economics in governance, somebody that have not written a book nor given intellectual lecture.
It really amaze me how zombies think the man can do magic in making Nigeria prosper economically.

172 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by MrMystrO(m): 2:14pm On Nov 03, 2017
magoo10:

He lambasted the Buhari government for showing more interest in politics than economics. “And if you don’t get the economics right, then governance cannot work.

What does buhari know about economics kwanu,how does cattle rearing relate to economics in governance, somebody that have not written a book nor given intellectual lecture.
It really amaze me how zombies think the man can do magic in making Nigeria prosper economically.

Lol Very Funny

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by stanluiz(m): 2:15pm On Nov 03, 2017
Tell the fg to put an international airport and seaport in the east and ss and the population of Lagos will reduce. Many people trooping to Lagos to do their business was because of lack of federal present in their region.

161 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by sarrki(m): 2:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
Eko onibaje

Ile odua onituka

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointZerom: 2:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
magoo10:

I said it yesterday that I have never in my life seen Buhari give any intellectual lecture. I can't really say what he has achieved in his life as a man, has he ever created job opportunity in Nigeria through his establishments?. I only know him as a runaway student and dictector. PITY.

118 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by stanluiz(m): 2:16pm On Nov 03, 2017
magoo10:

Buhari is a pure dullard.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointZerom: 2:18pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:
Tell the fg to put an international airport and seaport in the east and ss and the population of Lagos will reduce. Many people trooping to Lagos to do their business was because of lack of federal present in their region.

Exactly.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by stanluiz(m): 2:18pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointZerom:

I said it yesterday that I have never in my life seen Buhari give any intellectual lecture. I can't really say what he has achieved in his life as a man, has he ever created job opportunity in Nigeria through his establishments?. I only know him as a runaway student and dictector. PITY.
Thank you sir what he know is sharia laws and nothing but ethnic and religious bigotry.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by stanluiz(m): 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
Mod this topic deserves front page.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by MrMystrO(m): 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
Highly valid points he raised there if you ask me. Lalasticlala Mynd44

18 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by magoo10(m): 2:20pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointZerom:

i just don't understand what zombies mean self, even scholarship I doubt if he gave any, , at least when choosing leaders people should be choosing intelligent and responsible persons.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointZerom: 2:22pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:
Thank you sir what he know is sharia laws and nothing but ethnic and religious bigotry.

When he said that he will make Nigeria ungovernable, I thought that he was joking not knowing that he's a prophet of his own doom.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by stanluiz(m): 2:25pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointZerom:

Exactly.
If there is seaports and international airports in se cities like onitsha and aba and note that there are commercial cities in the east the population of the igbos in Lagos because no need of going to Lagos again to do their business when they have economic infrastructures in their region.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointZerom: 2:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
magoo10:
i just don't understand what zombies mean self, even scholarship I doubt if he gave any, , at least when choosing leaders people should be choosing intelligent and responsible persons.

I Now understood why he ran from last presidential debate. Seems he was avoiding some questions like 'what is economics?.....lol

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by magoo10(m): 2:26pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointZerom:

I Now understood why he ran from last presidential debate. Seems he was avoiding some questions like 'what is economics?.....lol
lols

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by stanluiz(m): 2:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointZerom:

When he said that he will make Nigeria ungovernable, I thought that he was joking not knowing that he's a prophet of his own doom.
I pity some zombies that want to vote for him in 2019 again.Buhari has drag Nigeria 30 years backward.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by IamPatriotic(m): 2:27pm On Nov 03, 2017
Duke, you're a State Governor for 8 years, please sir, what did you do in that state to prevent Lagos from collapsing? Talk is cheap, they say,so talk on.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointZerom: 2:28pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:
If there is seaports and international airports in se cities like onitsha and aba and note that there are commercial cities in the east the population of the igbos in Lagos because no need of going to Lagos again to do their business when they have economic infrastructures in their region.

Who doesn't know this. Nigeria is a big joke.

14 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointZerom: 2:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
IamPatriotic:
Duke, you're a State Governor for 8 years, please sir, what did you do in that state to prevent Lagos from collapsing? Talk is cheap, they say,so talk on.

Branch and headquarters which one has unhindered powers to implement total transformation of an organization?.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointZerom: 2:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
IamPatriotic:

Branch and headquarters which one has unhindered powers to implement total transformation of an organization?.

18 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by laudate: 2:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:
Onne port is in the SS, while Akanu Ibiam International Airport Enugu is in the SE.

37 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by PointZerom: 2:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
stanluiz:
I pity some zombies that want to vote for him in 2019 again.Buhari has drag Nigeria 30 years backward.

hmmm
Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by fellowman: 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
let's go there eko is no man's land.

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by stanluiz(m): 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
PointZerom:

Thank you dear if there is much federal present in every region for example Niger delta region all the multinational oil companies will have there headquarters there likewise the Se region and doing so people will troop out of Lagos making the state to be decongested.

3 Likes

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by ODVanguard: 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
People should stop blaming Lagos. Regionalism or secession will fix the problem. Let everyone go back and make their regions work. If Lagos start deporting people back to their states now they will not allow us to hear word again.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by stanluiz(m): 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
laudate:

Onne port is in the SS, while Enugu International Airport is in the SE.
Is onne functioning enugu airport is not cargo what is needed in the east is business cargo international airport.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Lagos May Collapse - Donald Duke by stanluiz(m): 2:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
ODVanguard:
People should stop blaming Lagos. Regionalism or secession will fix the problem. Let everyone go back and make their regions work.
Thank you but secession won't work unless you are ready for war I mean to face Nigeria brutal army otherwise they will waste your people for nothing. I support regional government.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

#osundecides2022: Jubilation In Osogbo As PDP Wins Polling Units / Jega To Receive Notice Of Terminal Leave Next Week- APC Senators / Jonathan, Reason We Can't Give School Kids Free Meal Or Pay N5,000 Monthly- APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.