Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Ever Heard Of The Dial-up Mode? Just Another Of Google's Hilarious Inventions - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ever Heard Of The Dial-up Mode? Just Another Of Google's Hilarious Inventions (295 Views)

Have You Heard Of This? For All Websites Owners. / Have You Heard Of Headless CMS? Find Out If You Need It. / What Is A Pizza Box In Terms Of Google? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ever Heard Of The Dial-up Mode? Just Another Of Google's Hilarious Inventions by TrillionBrains(m): 3:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
As we all know Google Inventions has really extended their known impact on the entire human race at large from their search engine system to their Email service which you and I are huge beneficiaries of. Known for their quest to bring about fast internet connectivity, yet the reverse is just the case with the release of the dial-up mode.

Well, well, well, I just got to discover another quite absurd invention by the Google fiber team known as the DIAL-Up Mode. Permit me if you already know about it - just skip and pass Big Grin Big Grin

Dial-up they say is another adventurous quest by Google to gave their users more time to do the little things in life like; prepare a cup of coffee, grab a snack or run to the restroom by just employing the power of slowness – sounds quite NEGATIVE.

This is possible by incorporating the dial-up technology into the fibre thereby slowing down the photons by a maximum 376 times giving you more time to perform your miscellaneous activities.

I even saw a case study where a certain applicant escaped embarrassment by just turning on the dial-up mode. You might be anxious how? Yes, he was asked a pretty difficult question on air which he could not answer, all he did was to turn on the DIAL-Up mode which had his image pixellated (i.e the video system or you can say Blurred it) and Boom! the Interview was rescheduled - Quite Amazing isn't it?

You can turn on the Dial-up mode on your browser at the top right-hand corner.

Got any other one you discovered of late? We will like to hear them in the comment section

From: - http://www.trillionclues.com/2017/11/5-most-hilarious-google-inventions.html
Re: Ever Heard Of The Dial-up Mode? Just Another Of Google's Hilarious Inventions by eezeribe(m): 3:46pm On Nov 03, 2017
OK

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply For Google Adsense Photos / Naija Adsense For Sale With 3$ Inside For 12k / Question For The Day??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.