Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,043 members, 7,807,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Feminism: Respect Not Equality. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feminism: Respect Not Equality. (3315 Views)

Hypocrisy Of Society When It Comes To Gender Equality. / Awkward Ideology Of Nigerian Ladies Towards Feminism That Ruins Relationship / My Opinion About FEMINISM... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
Madame, Respect is earned not given.

brb
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jupxter:

Did anyone stop females from buying presidential forms? Governorship forms? Local Govt chairmanship forms?
i Taya o. If Any Woman Can Contest And Convince Me I Will vote For Her Na
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by AlexCk: 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2017
Another post on feminism?!.

Jeez.

Anyways, respect is what we all yearn for though, self respect is also very key. Most people don't have it that's why respect is mostly lost.

#SelfRespect
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by QueenSekxy(f): 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
Donaldduke2019:

lemme hear peem from you again, I would turn this useless thread into a football fan page
sunshineG has deactivated tongue
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by pu7pl3(m): 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
Donaldduke2019:

lemme hear peem from you again, I would turn this useless thread into a football fan page

Bro real madrid dey fall my hands big time...I'm not used to losing angry
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2017
naija2:

Most men don’t respect the positions we hold, they don’t respect our decision making, our contributions a views to issues. As a lady, we move down the street and we are body shamed or sexually assulted. So, yes we are not respected. I am not asking for the equality but what ever view or position I hold on a matter should be respected just as you want yours to be respected. A minister from an Arab country I presume, saying a lady needs to be raped or deserves to be raped because she wears a ripped jeans? For what reason and what type of respect does he have for ladies to say that?

Any man that does this doesn't respect his mother.For the goodness sakes of be-jesus, stop mistrusting and categorizing us.

I've waked past the road seen girls do abortion,saw them weak, bent down to help them, i've seen countless this way. I don't call them names before i stretch my hand.

Any man that body-shames a woman should not marry a woman. What we men are saying bearing the burden of you ladies is too much for us.

Not a significant amount of men fall into this category, but we innocent ones suffer the mistrust brought about by bad relationships and the media. Do you know how good guys get bad mistrust from ladies because ladies feel insecure.

I watched this same mistrust and fears destroy what i had with more than three ladies. Rather than gives ladies the chance to experience things first hand, it subjects them to a false creation that all men are bad. It's too much to deal with, so we reject it out-rightly, we men aren't evil abeg. Likewise not all ladies are sluts. The culprits are human beings and neither of both gender should be stereotyped and punished for crimes of a few.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by naija2(f): 7:37pm On Nov 03, 2017
walepackage:
Madam,respect as u suggest is "earn" not giving as u thought.Have seen men who "idolize" and "respect" their spouse because she worth it,i have work with a lady which i respect and dignify well.I always believe that ur personality and self achievement earn you what you desire from others, be it respect or dignity.What did guys really want.Nobody will accord u with respect becos u believe u are a "lady" when u dont worth it,you have to earn it and watch how people accord you with so much respect you desire.
Yes, respect is earned but we still live in a society where most male still feel a woman’s talk is trash.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Earthquake1: 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
No more feminism thread after this.

Somebody bring back #Brokeguys thread grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by walepackage(m): 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jupxter:

grin grin grin If care isn't taken these ladies will demand more than this.
brother,i dont really know what they want.You cant sit in your room add no any "value" to ur self,family and society at large and expect to see things fall in ur way.Go out and see how some ladies who understand the "concept of life"rubbing feathers with "men" and stil understanding the "concept of role and specialization" not those whinning on social media that we have been deprived this or that,when in reality reverse is the case.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
DeadRat:
i Taya o. If Any Woman Can Contest And Convince Me I Will vote For Her Na

grin
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Donaldduke2019(m): 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
pu7pl3:

Bro real madrid dey fall my hands big time...I'm not used to losing angry
Hold ur attackers responsible.....Penaldo no longer get free goals Benzema...dah 1...I just don't know his direction Bale 2nd name don turn to injury
Btw una get Atlmadrid next

Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
walepackage:
brother,i dont really know what they want.You cant sit in your room add no any "value" to ur self,family and society at large and expect to see things fall in ur way.Go out and see how some ladies who understand the "concept of life"rubbing feathers with "men" and stil understanding the "concept of role and specialization" not those whinning on social media that we have been deprived this or that,when in reality reverse is the case.

Let's ask them here too, to itemize what they want.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Donaldduke2019(m): 7:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
QueenSekxy:
sunshineG has deactivated tongue
Leave dah yeye guy....But I do chat with him on WhatsApp
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Humanistme: 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
naija2:
[s]I read a post on feminism now and I decided to write my own view in it. I am all for feminism but we keep asking for the wrong thing at the right time. What we need to ask for is respect and not equality. You might get the equality you ask for but at the same time, you will not get the respect. Equality falls under respect. And when someone respects you on everything you do and say, he/she definitely sees you as an equal. We are getting the equality and it is actually taking a long time but we are getting it; but what we are not getting is the respect. A man that gives you equality because of what the society will say will definitely not respect you. He will still treat you below your current status. Men of our generation don’t respect us for what we say and want and that’s what we are supposed to be fighting for . RESPECT. When we ask for respect, every other thing follows. [/s]

if you are not seen as an equal in humanity they can't respect you.

Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Donaldduke2019(m): 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
DeadRat:
you Don Recover From That Madrid lose
was neva a Madrid supporter, I got angry with them due 2 their loss against girona cos dey spoilt my ticket
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by QueenSekxy(f): 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
Donaldduke2019:
Leave dah yeye guy....But I do chat with him on WhatsApp
lol..hope he's still coming back
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
naija2:

So, you are saying that me asking for respect is above me, or as women in general?
what Respect Do You Want Again? Men And Women Disrespect Each Other but Normally We respect Women... What Do U Want Again
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Donaldduke2019(m): 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
QueenSekxy:
lol..hope he's still coming back
lol...you wish, Dude has got plans sha
U don't have his WhatsApp digit??
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Humanistme: 7:43pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jupxter:

[s]Feministsdon't see the need to giverespect. They believe their bank account gives them the unreserved right. It's the reason they're cocky, arrogant, disrespectful, bitter, insecure and all what's not.

If you want respect, fine you have it. Anything else?

Men of our generation don’t respect us. Ladies, how do we men disrespect you ladies? It's more of insatiety. Once the ladies conjure theories up, they begin to fantasize and create schisms that are in-existent, it's why many have a " divorce mindset ", quick to jump out the window, cause they don't rather are not designed to fit into a relationship that accommodates the needs of another individual respectfully.

We still wish to know, how are ladies disrespected?[/s]

That is not what gender equality is all about.

Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
Donaldduke2019:

was neva a Madrid supporter, I got angry with them due 2 their loss against girona cos dey spoilt my ticket
you Be Barca fan abi... The Lord Is Your Muscle cool
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by naija2(f): 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jupxter:

Any man that does this doesn't respect his mother.For the goodness sakes of be-jesus, stop mistrusting and categorizing us.

I've waked past the road seen girls do abortion,saw them weak, bent down to help them, i've seen countless this way. I don't call them names before i stretch my hand.

Any man that body-shames a woman should not marry a woman. What we men are saying bearing the burden of you ladies is too much for us.

Not a significant amount of men fall into this category, but we innocent ones suffer the mistrust brought about by bad relationships and the media. Do you know how good guys get bad mistrust from ladies because ladies feel insecure.

I watched this same mistrust and fears destroy what i had with more than three ladies. Rather than gives ladies the chance to experience things first hand, it subjects them to a false creation that all men are bad. It's too much to deal with, so we reject it out-rightly, we men aren't evil abeg. Likewise not all ladies are sluts. The culprits are human beings and neither of both gender should be stereotyped and punished for crimes of a few.
i am not saying all men don’t respect women, I am saying most women are in situations where men don’t respect them and at the end of the day, what they ask for is equality. Some men truely dont respect women and if you feel That you respect them enough, good for you? All I am saying is that feminists keep asking for the wrong thing and that is equality, they should ask for respect and everything they need falls in place. Never in my post did I say all men.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by walepackage(m): 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2017
naija2:

Yes, respect is earned but we still live in a society where most male still feel a woman’s talk is trash.
then i presume it depends on the part of the world you are,friends you associate with and the level of their reasoning,if not women of moredan age enjoy virtually all, if not morethan wat the male folks bargan in society in recent time.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Deeboiy: 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2017
naija2:

Most men don’t respect the positions we hold, they don’t respect our decision making, our contributions a views to issues. As a lady, we move down the street and we are body shamed or sexually assulted. So, yes we are not respected. I am not asking for the equality but what ever view or position I hold on a matter should be respected just as you want yours to be respected. A minister from an Arab country I presume, saying a lady needs to be raped or deserves to be raped because she wears a ripped jeans? For what reason and what type of respect does he have for ladies to say that?
first of all, it was actually a lawyer from Egypt (one man's opinion) second of all, ladies all body shame guys(they don't sexually assault cuz the average man is strong) and last but not least "respect " is earned not given .women like Marie Curie(2 noble laureate actually) ,Eleanor Roosevelt and so on are all worshipped by men and women alike *drops mic*
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2017
Humanistme:

That is not what gender equality is all about.

Yes BOSS. I stand with you in gender equality. I don't plan neither have i ever imagined beating a lady. Not my way. Too busy for that
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by pu7pl3(m): 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2017
Donaldduke2019:

Hold ur attackers responsible.....Penaldo no longer get free goals
Benzema...dah 1...I just don't know his direction
Bale 2nd name don turn to injury

Btw una get Atlmadrid next

See ur head like penaldo...benzemas case is different from ronaldos sha...I pity bale...but I blame the defence not the attack tho

Atletico is even in a Worse shiiithole than real grin

Na las palmas I get sha
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Donaldduke2019(m): 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2017
DeadRat:
you Be Barca fan abi... The Lord Is Your Muscle cool
Manu/Barca
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2017
naija2:
i am not saying all men don’t respect women, I am saying most women are in situations where men don’t respect them and at the end of the day, what they ask for is equality. Some men truely dont respect women and if you feel That you respect them enough, good for you? All I am saying is that feminists keep asking for the wrong thing and that is equality, they should ask for respect and everything they need falls in place. Never in my post did I say all men.

We're on the same page. But good men gets the baggage inflicted by fears induced by faulty logic these feminists enshrine in the minds of their followers. Who has time for beating women. I can count over 50 fantastic guys around me, for the ladies,i can't.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by walepackage(m): 7:47pm On Nov 03, 2017
Jupxter:

Let's ask them here too, to itemize what they want.
i believed many of them cant list it.Just like one of my scholar "said man is insatiable"
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Next2Bezee(m): 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2017
naija2:

Nothern Nigeria & other parts occupied by a certain religion needs feminism...no they need radical feminism sef. grin

Do not quote from that minister practicing a certain religion, the belief is only shared by those with the same religion as him.

Men and young boys are sexually assaulted too. You would be better off making a topic discouraging sexual assault than trying to link it to feminism.

Nigerian women will never get the respect they seek until local traditions are scrapped. You can't expect a man that paid slave fee (bride price) for you to respect you.

The moment parents collect slave fee (bride price) from men for their daughters, the daughters are automatically expected to be submissive and serve their husbands with all their might till their death.

If your husband cheats, their wives are expected to pray for them to change, but if the wife cheats, eternal damnation & homelessness are just few of the rewards waiting for her.

Summary: Take feminism to the north and their religion. Scrap Local tradition and women will get their respect. Never let a man pay bride price for you, you are not a property to be bought.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2017
walepackage:
i believed many of them cant list it.Just like one of my scholar "said man is insatiable"

It's really insatiety and they create an illusive existence for themselves that doesn't exist, that's why they keep screening and screening and never find men to stay and stick with. Insatiety, a mentally ill state, an elusive existence brought about by faulty and flawed theorems strung together to fulfill their fantasies.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by naija2(f): 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2017
DeadRat:
what Respect Do You Want Again? Men And Women Disrespect Each Other but Normally We respect Women... What Do U Want Again
I am not saying that some women don’t disrespect men. All I am saying is that women that ask for equality should ask for respect instead. They should not ask to be at the same level as their counterpart but they should ask for respect what ever level they are.
Re: Feminism: Respect Not Equality. by Donaldduke2019(m): 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2017
pu7pl3:

See ur head like penaldo...benzemas case is different from ronaldos sha...I pity bale...but I blame the defence not the attack tho

Atletico is even in a Worse shiiithole than real grin
I think it's high time Tapnaldo, benzene and Baale get sold, They are just hindering the young ones, Take a look at Barca, they have a pacy winger in Demebele, Messi neva gets tayad, their defence is also top notch, The midfielders are giving their best, I think most players in Madrid are fed up with BBC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Woman Of 29 Years Old Force And Raped A Boy Of 13 Years Old See Photo / Please, I'm In Desperate Need Of Money! / Your Experience With Sabbath Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.