Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift (36470 Views)

BMW X7 SUV Debuts In Nigeria (Photos) / Jaguar Land Rover Wins Chinese Court Case Over Copy Of Range Rover Evoque / 2018 Range Rover Gets A Facelift And Dashlift (photos And Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by freeman95(m): 7:22am On Nov 04, 2017
China people deh vex sha
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Acidosis(m): 7:23am On Nov 04, 2017

1 Like

Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 04, 2017
Acidosis:
China and lean manufacturing sha!

I envy their ability to produce affordable and sometimes durable products. Nigeria will grow faster if we learn to align better with the Chinese. Most of these developed nations like US, UK built their economies on extortion and slavery. More reason most Nigerians today still sweat like they're gonna die just to use their products - modern day slavery.

An average Chinese man is not a slave. Clone or not, they love to make and use their thing. For example, Xiaomi is China's iPhone. WeChat is China's Facebook. Today, Xiaomi is the world largest producer of smartphone after Samsung. WeChat today is one of the largest social media platform in the world with nearly 1 billion users. Larger than Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.

If the Chinese product is what you can comfortably afford, please go for it! If we can't produce our own, at least lets align with a country that offers affordable products instead of choking ourselves with exorbitant exchange rates and tokunbo products.

Chinese government force the citizens to patronize their products,
Chinese don't trust themselves, they don't buy their products out side China.

You can never see Chinese driving Chinese car in most of the Asian countries, they patronized Japanese, South Koreans and Germans etc
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by MistadeRegal(m): 7:26am On Nov 04, 2017
UchaNwababa:
Cant it Run to Heaven? If not it's Useless.

Every car can take you to heaven.
Just remove your seat belt and drive fastest speed, ram at any pole, Dangote truck, drive into lagoon, river, lake, ocean and... Taaadaaa! You're in heaven.

8 Likes

Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Uyi168: 7:29am On Nov 04, 2017
UchaNwababa:
Cant it Run to Heaven? If not it's Useless.
Why not die and run to heaven..
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Acidosis(m): 7:30am On Nov 04, 2017
BininEmpire:

Chinese government force the citizens to patronize their products,
Chinese don't trust themselves, they don't buy their products out side China.

You cab never see Chinese driving Chinese car in most of the Asian countries, they patronized Japanese, South Koreans and Germans etc

Most countries force their citizens to patronize their products. Do you think the US will buy Nigerian crude oil if they have twice as much as our reserve?
Do you know the stress our leaders go through just to export yam and ugwu? Everyone protects its territory.

Meanwhile, I don't completely agree with the statement that Chinese don't trust themselves. How many Nigerians abroad use Nigerian products? How many Nigerians at home use Nigerian products?

5 Likes

Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by gonkin(m): 7:31am On Nov 04, 2017
It may be cheaper but custom duty will double the price
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Harrynight(m): 7:40am On Nov 04, 2017
mek e kukuma last long shaa
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by ELdaar55(m): 7:42am On Nov 04, 2017
WETIN CONCERN ME WITH NAME...AS FAR AS E DEY CHEAP MAKE RANGE ROVER GO CRY FOR ONE CORNER.
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by sonety2k(m): 7:43am On Nov 04, 2017
cool
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by queone(m): 7:49am On Nov 04, 2017
Acidosis:

I envy their ability to produce affordable and sometimes durable products. Nigeria will grow faster if we learn to align better with the Chinese. Most of these developed nations like US, UK built their economies on extortion and slavery. More reason most Nigerians today still sweat like they're gonna die just to use their products - modern day slavery.

An average Chinese man is not a slave. Clone or not, they love to make and use their thing. For example, Xiaomi is China's iPhone. WeChat is China's Facebook. Today, Xiaomi is the world largest producer of smartphone after Samsung. WeChat today is one of the largest social media platform in the world with nearly 1 billion users. Larger than Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.

If the Chinese product is what you can comfortably afford, please go for it! If we can't produce our own, at least lets align with a country that offers affordable products instead of choking ourselves with exorbitant exchange rates and tokunbo products.
Acidosis:

Acidosis:

Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by 9jaBloke: 7:52am On Nov 04, 2017
Buy the Land Wind....& the Range rover Chrome. u copy wink
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Imo1stson: 7:52am On Nov 04, 2017
It looks better than E-vogue.
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by hitlertheone: 7:59am On Nov 04, 2017
Automotive1:

Facelifted Landwind X7
[img]http:///a/img922/2811/buxfb6.jpg[/img]

Pre-facelift Landwind X7
[img]http:///a/img924/8590/lLsOro.jpg[/img]

Range Rover Evoque 
[img]http:///a/img922/8918/ZhvzRC.jpg[/img]

Landwind, the Chinese automaker who gave the world the Range Rover Evoque clone, has just unveiled a facelift for its Landwind X7. It loses out much of its British design cues and new 1.5-litre turbocharged engine for its entry level model.

So, what has changed with the new design exercise? For starters, it gets a more rectangular headlamp design (full LED items) as well as restyled bumpers and grille. On the side new items include the roof rack and alloy wheel design.

The rear end is where the designers at Landwind spent most of their creative juices. It loses out on the Evoques tailgate sculpture in favour of a more face-like rear end. The chrome strip connecting the taillamps are positioned much lower compared to the car it copied from. Bumper and exhaust outlets are taken straight from the Evoque.

Facelifted Landwind X7
[img]http:///a/img922/2867/lPrLXk.jpg[/img]

Pre-facelift Landwind X7
[img]http:///a/img924/6015/yEOBWA.jpg[/img]

Range Rover Evoque 
[img]http:///a/img924/6168/5yFTyW.jpg[/img]

Landwind has introduced a 1.5-litre turbocharged engine with 160 hp mated to an updated eight-speed automatic transmission. The new turbo engine joins the existing Mitsubishi-sourced 187 hp 2.0-litre turbo.

On the pre-facelift model, the X7 comes generously equipped with 10.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system, keyless entry and start, electronic parking brake, dual-zone automatic climate control, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, 360-degree surround camera, 6 airbags, ESC, Traction Control, ABS with EBD, Hill Ascend Control and Hill Descend Control.

The appeal of LandWind X7 is that it's locally produced and about three times cheaper than Range Rover Evoque.No suprise that X7 sells more.It is the best selling Landwind ever, and responsible for a massive 70% of the brand’s total sales.
Sure, it's probably not going to be as safe, reliable or luxurious as the Range Rover Evoque.
And at least you're not getting a crummy 1-liter engine, as the X7 is said to provide the driver with 190 HP from its 2-liter turbo engine.

Source: https://autojosh.com/chinese-clone-range-rover-evoquethe-landwind-x7gets-facelift/

The car looks better dan a range rover,will definitely get theres,except if it has performance issues
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Donkay82: 8:06am On Nov 04, 2017
Lovetinz:
Three times cheaper!?
Don't bring that thing near Nigeria.
Clone or no-clone, it will sell like roasted corn.

The owners of original Range Rover Evoques will need welders to weld the decals and branding to their car bodies!
abeg nor kii me with laff

Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 04, 2017
XXLDICK:
Range Rover can never win the legal battle. Most of those international laws don't apply in China.

They should go and learn from iPhone.

GooPhone a company that does clone iPhones even sued iPhone for copying it's design because it got the renders of iPhone before it was released and quickly made a clone of it before the original iPhone got released. GooPhone then accused iPhone of stealing it's design
Hahahahaha. I like that. I really like that.
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 04, 2017
IAmFreeman:
This one weak me... Fake manufacturers sues too.
I swear ehen. You need to hear how loud i'm laughing right now.
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by talk2percy(m): 8:13am On Nov 04, 2017
These Chinco people sef, the whole world go run away for them ni?? Must they counterfeit every good and beautiful thing?
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 04, 2017
AryaSand:

I swear ehen. You need to hear how loud i'm laughing right now.
grin grin very deep something!
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 04, 2017
IAmFreeman:
grin grin very deep something!
Imagine suing me for my creation after cloning it top to bottom. Just Imagine!
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by manlawal(m): 8:38am On Nov 04, 2017
Adaowerri111:
Chinko na still Chinko ....you can easily spot the difference
Good things are far away from you
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Adaowerri111: 8:49am On Nov 04, 2017
manlawal:

Good things are far away from you

Bad things are close to you
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by agarawu23(m): 8:52am On Nov 04, 2017
Aldebaran:
Hmm...

I still wonder how chinese learn to fake things with their half closed/tiny eyes grin
they see the world with the tiny eyes grin

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by UchaNwababa: 8:57am On Nov 04, 2017
MistadeRegal:

Every car can take you to heaven.
Just remove your seat belt and drive fastest speed, ram at any pole, Dangote truck, drive into lagoon, river, lake, ocean and... Taaadaaa! You're in heaven.
Why u de vex like Dis Nau? Habah
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Jadeng: 8:58am On Nov 04, 2017
Newboss:
This actually looks hotter than the Range Rover version

It not about the looks but performance, spare parts and durability.
I am sure you remember your experience with china phones.
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 04, 2017
Kakamorufu:
If e no be panadol, e no fit be like panadol.

I love industrial milk more than peak milk....truth is I don't notice the difference
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Reference(m): 8:59am On Nov 04, 2017
This is irritating... disgusting. China has more than enough resources to be independently innovative. They have the population, the cash and the clout to offer the world more than just cheap(er), generic stuff. I'm disappointed at them. No one is safe and Africa as a whole is doomed with behaviour like this.
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by ddjay: 9:04am On Nov 04, 2017
Lovetinz:
Three times cheaper!?
Don't bring that thing near Nigeria.
Clone or no-clone, it will sell like roasted corn.

The owners of original Range Rover Evoques will need welders to weld the decals and branding to their car bodies!
Fear naija o,fear am,ds car go full naija soon.chaina know saybdia cheif consumer market na naija
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by userplainly(m): 9:57am On Nov 04, 2017
eezeribe:

Yes,it looks like toy car,but only from your point of view.
bros e noh near Evoque at all.... look similar buh u know how Chinese things dey be na
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by eodavids(m): 10:04am On Nov 04, 2017
That is what China can do very well.

But some Nairalanders are projecting the same China as having overtaking the U.S.A. both as world power and as best economy in the world.

China still identifies with fake and infringing products. How can people say China is now the world leader in every thing
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Mysselff2: 10:36am On Nov 04, 2017
Newboss:
This actually looks hotter than the Range Rover version

Especially with their sexy looking side indentations and grooves
Re: Chinese Clone Of Range Rover Evoque,The LandWind X7,Gets A Facelift by Xano(m): 11:17am On Nov 04, 2017
Adaowerri111:
Chinko na still Chinko ....you can easily spot the difference

There are Chinese imitation of Toyota Hilux in Nigeria, being driven by MOPOLs. The imitation is almost 100%. One of the differences is power steering. Chinese imitation is like driving a U turn of double-axel truck

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

These Dirty Cars Were Converted Into Works Of Art / Which Is Best SUV For Nigeria Roads? / See The Remarkable 2020 Lexus RX 450h

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.