Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4422996 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 8:29am On Jul 11, 2013
saengine:

Your UAV's which Israel ripped you off on might be able to see us, but what will your artillery do about it? Exacttly. ...

Sorry you misfired again. Nigeria produces Ameno III drone UAV, and land drone USV all proudly 100% made in Nigeria.

Nigerian navy Israeli drones I hear have been repaired for minor electrical faults, and our navy is getting sea drones USV this year.

South African military is not balanced, it has no land drone and sea drone, and no single space satellite and space spy ballons grin grin

south African military is blind as a bat, no strategic space spy technology like the great Nigerian military. We are watching Jacob zuma and his wives in their swimming pool by satellite

South African old fashioned military too is not safe from Nigerian sophisticated spy power and technology grin grin

satellite power for modern world class military forces

[img]http://www.enri.go.jp/research/image/jyutaku_01.jpg[/img]
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 8:30am On Jul 11, 2013
i HOPE THESE PRODUCTS WOULD LAY ONCE AND FOR ALL YOUR SUSPICIONS:
http://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=denel%2Bmissile%2B%2Bsystem&source=web&cd=12&cad=rja&ved=0CGgQFjAL&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pnet.co.za%2F%3Fs%3Dview_recr_profile%26i%3D3659&ei=H17eUe7BKpCg7AbJ7oCoCg&usg=AFQjCNGBAcCmV3DNIltmUwq-ZE8PvI-bkw
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:43am On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

I have been looking for you. Some of the equipments you post are not south African made they are European weapons upgraded or only 25% built in south Africa. When I post Nigerian weapons to reply your request , I will do the same. Simple. I will reply weekend. For today and friday I need to clear the rubbish your friends are posting here.
Which weapon was made in Europe here?,and please state the name of the company producing them.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 8:59am On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

No, I don't get. South African army has very weak artillery firepower and very severe shortage of foot soldiers. Get it ? Yes you do. Stop pretending

Weak artillery?,show me any Nigerian artillery system that can take on the G6 SP head to head,in shell exchanges. And what do Nigerian artillery systems use to select their targets?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 9:07am On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust: [left][/left]

Sorry you misfired again. Nigeria produces Ameno III drone UAV, and land drone USV all proudly 100% made in Nigeria.

Nigerian navy Israeli drones I hear have been repaired for minor electrical faults, and our navy is getting sea drones USV this year.

South African military is not balanced, it has no land drone and sea drone, and no single space satellite and space spy ballons grin grin

south African military is blind as a bat, no strategic space spy technology like the great Nigerian military. We are watching Jacob zuma and his wives in their swimming pool by satellite

South African old fashioned military too is not safe from Nigerian sophisticated spy power and technology grin grin

I know that Nigeria makes a UAV, but the UAV you make is still very primitive, thats why i didnt even mention it. Show me one single pic of Nigerians UAV with an electro optical payload....or any other payload.

So before Nigerian had satellites you were also blind bats? UAV's and special operations troops are enough to deal with Nigeria.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 9:40am On Jul 11, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 9:43am On Jul 11, 2013
South AFRICAN MISSILE DELIVERY VEHICLE

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 9:48am On Jul 11, 2013
Thiza: South AFRICAN MISSILE DELIVERY VEHICLE

Dont post the same thing over and over. Rather just post if its in reply to something.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 10:22am On Jul 11, 2013
@AGAUGUST here is the broucher of all made South African missiles and when finished please make your input known

http://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=denel%2Bmissile%2Bbroucher&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDIQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deneldynamics.co.za%2Findex.php%2Fworld-class-products%3Fdownload%3D1%3Adene-dynamics-product-brochure&ei=23jeUbz7F-nB7Aaqw4DACw&usg=AFQjCNETuDgEsyZnTn8q5UwZNzWycY00Mg&bvm=bv.48705608,d.ZWU
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Thiza: 10:23am On Jul 11, 2013
South African Main Battle tank

The Olifant mk1B main battle tank was developed and produced by the Olifant Manufacturing Company, OMC Engineering pty Ltd, based in South Africa. Development of the Olifant started in 1976 and first entered service with the South African Armoured Corps in the late 1970s. OMC Engineering later became Reumech OMC, then Vickers OMC and, in September 2002 was renamed Alvis OMC, following the acquisition of Vickers Defence by Alvis plc. In September 2004, Alvis OMC became part of BAE Systems Land Systems.

Olifant main battle tank development

The layout of the Olifant mk1 was very similar to that of the South African Semel tank which was based on an upgraded conversion of the British Centurion tanks. The Olifant has been continually upgraded. The mk1A entered full-scale production in 1983 and the first were in service by 1985. In the same year that the mk1A entered the production phase, development work was started on the mk1B, and these tanks were in production during the 1990s and are operational in the South African Armed Forces.

The South African Army has 172 Olifant mk1A/B main battle tanks in operation. The Olifant 1B entered service in 1991. The upgrades included the installation of a more powerful 105mm L7 cannon, a hand-held laser rangefinder and a first generation image intensifier. The range of the tank was increased by the installation of a diesel engine and additional fuel tanks.

In September 2003, BAE Systems Land Systems OMC was awarded a contract by Armscor (the South African Department of Defence procurement agency) to upgrade 13 Olifant mk1B tanks. The upgrade programme included a new powerpack from Delkon which increases power by 15%, upgrade of gun and turret drives by Reutech Defence Logistics, new fire control system and target detection and engagement system with thermal imaging capability, both supplied by IST Dynamics. A follow-on contract for a further 13 tanks upgraded to Olifant mk2 standard was awarded in September 2005. The Olifant mk2 entered service in 2007.

Olifant weapons

The Olifant mk1B main battle tank is armed with the 105mm L7 rifled cannon main gun. The gun on the mk1B is fitted with a thermal sleeve for sustained accuracy in firing. The mk1B carries 68 rounds of 105mm ammunition.

The tank is also fitted with a 7.62mm general purpose co-axial machine gun and a 7.62mm anti-aircraft machine gun.

Fire control

The driver's station is equipped with a day and night sight and the gunner's station is fitted with day and night sights and an integrated laser rangefinder.

Self-protection

The glacis plate and nose of the hull have been upgraded with the addition of passive armour and the turret has been fitted with stand-off armour. The installation of a double-armour floor gives the crew additional protection against mines. The running gear is protected against HEAT missiles by new sideskirts.

A smoke screen can be laid by a fuel injection system in the engine's exhaust. A fire detection and suppression system improves the level of survivability.

Engine

"The mk1B Olifant is armed with the 105mm L7 rifled cannon main gun."

The V-12 air-cooled turbo diesel engine provides 900hp. The tank has been equipped with torsion bar running gear and hydraulic dampers have been fitted to the first and last pair of wheels.

Mobility

The tank achieves a maximum road speed of 58km/h and the maximum range on internal fuel is 350km. The tank can ford water to a depth of 1.5m, negotiate gradients and slopes of 60% and 30% and vertical obstacles up to 1m in height.

Olifant 2 main battle tank turret upgrade

LIW, a division of Denel, has developed the Olifant 2 main battle tank turret, which can be fitted on an upgraded Olifant mk1B chassis, providing the tank with hunter killer modes of operation, fire on the move and day and night time engagement. The turret can be armed with either LIW's GT8 105mm or an LIW 120mm smoothbore gun and features periscopic stabilised day / thermal gunner's sight with laser rangefinder, panoramic commander's sight, full solution fire control system and modular armour package.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by chris365(m): 10:29am On Jul 11, 2013
Thiza: South AFRICAN MISSILE DELIVERY VEHICLE

correct me if am wrong, but not all weapons DENEL produces are in south african military inventory but are meant for international markets. Denel is a private arms industry not government owned.
Cos i think it will be unwise for a military to post all it's equipments for the world to see.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:16am On Jul 11, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Which weapon was made in Europe here?,and please state the name of the company producing them.

if your made in south african brain cannot pick out european made weapons on @THIZA's made in south africa list, then you have to pay me some dollars for using my own made in nigerian brain grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:29am On Jul 11, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Weak artillery?,show me any Nigerian artillery system that can take on the G6 SP head to head,in shell exchanges. And what do Nigerian artillery systems use to select their targets?

tiny 43 units of G6 artillery will not save a south africa with huge land mass of about 1.3 million sq km, does your brain work mathematics. grin grin

in war, nobody will arrange one artillery head to head to test who shoots longer. show me what makes G6 artillery better than Palmaria artillery apart from its useless long range that wont work against seleka rebels close-in hand to hand combat. G6 artillery south africa had in angolan bush war and yet could not win the war against a tine nation cuba that has zero war history grin grin

palmaria artillery has three sighting systems installed: a P170 direct firing periscope, a P186 panoramic sight for indirect sighting and a dial sight.

The P170 can be used for both observation and sighting and in the latter mode has a magnification of ×8. The optical unit of the sighting system can be replaced by a light intensification system that transforms the day periscope into a low-light device.

The P186 panoramic sight is used for indirect firing and is provided with an illuminated reticle for day or low-light level use. The reticle is fixed and pre-aligned with the optical axis.

The Palmaria also be has an electronic plane converter for rapid and accurate aiming both in direct and indirect fire.

The primary fire-control system of the Palmaria is the P186 telescope that is mounted on a telescope mount. This is used for laying the weapon in azimuth and for indirect fire control. The sight has a magnification of ×4 with a 10° field of view and weighs 8 kg. Internal communications are via the normal intercommunication system and an extra external telephone point. The turret has adequate space for normal radio installations.

Its firing can be re-directed for accuracy by help of aircrafts, land or air drones, satellite information, etc

stop wasting my time about artillery guns, south africa has 120 guns ,nigeria has 660 guns, you have to live with this fact, i wont reply you again. period
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:33am On Jul 11, 2013
saengine:

I know that Nigeria makes a UAV, but the UAV you make is still very primitive, thats why i didnt even mention it. Show me one single pic of Nigerians UAV with an electro optical payload....or any other payload.

So before Nigerian had satellites you were also blind bats? UAV's and special operations troops are enough to deal with Nigeria.

UAV is UAV as long as it does the job required. your own is not the only UAV that works in the whole world.

show me photo of a single south african spy balloon.

also show me picture of a single south africa military use satellite. grin grin grin

i wont reply stupid posts again because time is precious to me as my clock ticks.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:37am On Jul 11, 2013
chris365:

correct me if am wrong, but not all weapons DENEL produces are in south african military inventory but are meant for international markets. Denel is a private arms industry not government owned.
Cos i think it will be unwise for a military to post all it's equipments for the world to see.

let them answer your question. i can add this : DENEL produced G6 artillery 150 units, but only 43 units is in south african army, 107 units was exported. the 43 units they have at home is far too small to save south africa in any war, they have shortage of artillery, worst shortage among the top 5 african armies grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 11:37am On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

UAV is UAV as long as it does the job required. your own is not the only UAV that works in the whole world.

show me photo of a single south african spy balloon.

also show me picture of a single south africa military use satellite. grin grin grin

i wont reply stupid posts again because time is precious to me as my clock ticks.

Yes dont reply. Your own Nigerian UAV doesnt do any job at all.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 11:58am On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

tiny 43 units of G6 artillery will not save a south africa with huge land mass of about 1.3 million sq km, does your brain work mathematics. grin grin

in war, nobody will arrange one artillery head to head to test who shoots longer. show me what makes G6 artillery better than Palmaria artillery apart from its useless long range that wont work against seleka rebels close-in hand to hand combat. G6 artillery south africa had in angolan bush war and yet could not win the war against a tine nation cuba that has zero war history grin grin

palmaria artillery has three sighting systems installed: a P170 direct firing periscope, a P186 panoramic sight for indirect sighting and a dial sight.

The P170 can be used for both observation and sighting and in the latter mode has a magnification of ×8. The optical unit of the sighting system can be replaced by a light intensification system that transforms the day periscope into a low-light device.

The P186 panoramic sight is used for indirect firing and is provided with an illuminated reticle for day or low-light level use. The reticle is fixed and pre-aligned with the optical axis.

The Palmaria also be has an electronic plane converter for rapid and accurate aiming both in direct and indirect fire.

The primary fire-control system of the Palmaria is the P186 telescope that is mounted on a telescope mount. This is used for laying the weapon in azimuth and for indirect fire control. The sight has a magnification of ×4 with a 10° field of view and weighs 8 kg. Internal communications are via the normal intercommunication system and an extra external telephone point. The turret has adequate space for normal radio installations.

Its firing can be re-directed for accuracy by help of aircrafts, land or air drones, satellite information, etc

stop wasting my time about artillery guns, south africa has 120 guns ,nigeria has 660 guns, you have to live with this fact, i wont reply you again. period

And 660 guns in 1.3 millions square kms? Minus the fact that 330 of those guns have 11km range which we dont even need howitzers to engage, just long range mortars. Then on the other hand If a country was to invade Nigeria will 660 guns (actually 330) save Nigeria's 920 000 square km land mass?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 11:59am On Jul 11, 2013
Mike..ZA:
"The South African Artillery is investing in its
holding of FV2 Bateleur multiple launch rocket
systems (MLRS). It has awarded Rheinmetall
Denel Munitions (RDM) a R2 453 601.60 contract
for the procurement of Bateleur upper structure
spares. It was an extension of a similar R1 523
684.90 contract awarded last September and
takes the value of work on the system to R14 519
The London-based International
Institute for Strategic Studies
(IISS) in its annual 2010 Military
Balance publication credits
South Africa with 51 MLRS - 26
of the 24-tube first-generation
FV1 Valkiri and 25 of the later
Bateleur. The IISS lists the
Valkiri as being in storage.
Another source puts most of the
Bateleur in storage as well.
Lt Col Clive Wilsworth in his "First in, Last
Out" (30 Degrees South, Johannesburg, 2010),
an account of South African artillery operations
between 1975 and 1989, notes the MLRS
programme, Project Furrow, started in 1974. He
added it is a common misperception that the
quest for rocket artillery only started after
Operation Savannah, the South African
intervention in Angola from November 1975,
when the Army encountered the Soviet BM21
122mm MLRS. "The massive firepower of the
MLRS was already appreciated before the first
contact in Angola."
Wilsworth adds the system was developed to
deliver "artillery strikes on soft targets - ideal
against logistic points or convoys, airfields,
concentrations of troops in open trenches or even
in the open." Development started at the Council
for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and
production as well as systems integration was in
the hands of Kentron, today's Denel Dynamics
and RDM Western Cape. He further recounts that
127mm (5-inch) was selected as the calibre for
the system as it was the same as the Kentron V3
air-to-air missile "which, with relatively minor
modifications, could be used successfully."
The warhead contained 6400 steel balls cast in a
resin sleeve to save weight and filled with a RDX/
TNT explosive mix. Two fuses were available:
direct action or proximity. "During operations the
proximity fuse was the most effective, and very
few DA fuses were ever used." The system
entered service in 1979 with the fiat instructors'
course held at Kentron South (later Denel
Somchem and now part of RDM) in May 1979.
The first use of the Valkiri in combat was in
August 1981 during Operation Protea. Wilsworth
regrettably does not discuss the development of
the Bateleur, which has not yet made a combat
debut. It does however use the same 127mm
rocket but with a 40-tube launcher fitted to a
mine-protected Kw^evo"el 100 10-ton 6x6 truck.
The weapon can fire up to 40 127mm pre-
fragmented high explosive warheads to ranges of
7.5km to 36km at sea level singly or using ripple
fire, firing up to 1 rocket per second. Reload ca
take less than 10 minutes and in/out-of-action
time is one and two minutes respectively. The
system is supported by a Kw^evo"el 100
ammunition truck carrying 96 rockets and crew
who help with the reloading.
The systems are currently allocated to the SA
Army Artillery School, Artillery Mobilisation
Regiment and 4 Artillery Regiment, all of
Potchefstroom, as well as the Regiment
Potchefstroomse Universiteit and the Transvaalse
Staatsartillerie of Pretoria". Enjoy this South African prototype vehicles pictures.
COPY AND PASTE! NO INTELLIGENT ANALYSIS!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
saengine:

Now it all makes sense. When someone even has the idea of shipping weapons to Nigerians living in SA its easy to understand their simple thought patterns. Ship AK's through where? Which port? Distribute them how? Haha.

So you'll invade us but admit you wont dedeat us on home soil? The point of invasion would be what then? To come find a nice spot to roast your troops? If you count your 11km artillery (Which makes a huge percentage of your guns) as superior then i wont judge you, i'll just laugh in silence. Yes lets stop this boring topic.

i proved a point, instead of laughing in silence, you should be crying in silence because nigeria can invade south africa as at today with 7 battalions, but south africa CANNOT invade nigeria, our army artillery will send all south african warships, landing boats/crafts and soldiers to the sea bottom before they set foot on nigerian land.

we cannot sustain that invasion, but it will shake south africa to its very foundations. jacob zuma will tremble. it will take many months before you can wipe out the niegrian 7 battalions once they move into your towns and mix with civilians. you will face guerrilla style war from africa's most powerful soldiers...deadlier than seleka !

i proved a big point of nigerian military superiority over south africa. cry and weep for soweto.

by next year 2014, nigeria can invade south africa and sustain the invasion until we end the war in a draw.

if i simulate both invasions for 2013 and 2014, you will weep for south africa...your country is too big for your tiny army to protect, 1.3 million sq km land area and 3,000km coastline.

i dont just talk rubbish, you should know me for that by now. i can have facts and tactics/strategy and hide it for many months before i later post it on this forum.

you ask how nigeria will get AK-47 guns into south africa and arm nigerian to become insurgents and rebels from inside your country ?

ask your police how all south african criminals and poachers got millions of illegal guns and use them regularly to make your country almost the number one murder spot in the world with stolen and border smuggled guns,

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/The-reasons-why-there-are-so-many-guns-in-South-Africa-20130222

http://www.gunfacts.co.za/illegal_guns.shtml

now back to school my boy, you said nigeria has 50% of her artillery guns with range 11km ? wrong, only 200 have range 11km, another 200 has range 18km, and 260 has range 20km to 30km.

let me teach your south african head some lessons, now listen :

armies of the world mix towed artillery of all types to have 105mm, 122mm, 130mm, 155mm. reason is only the 105mm guns with 11km range are easy to fly by helicopter or aircraft for long distance mobility to new threat areas of combat.

they are very very necessary for a balanced army like nigeria. lesson ends. you are a very ungratefuls tudent, say thank you sir ! say it....

dont make stupid reply to this post or else i wont reply you. dont waste my time, use your head before you post comment, if its not enough, borrow extra heads to join grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Fynline(m): 12:04pm On Jul 11, 2013
NADCEL, curtesy NA

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Fynline(m): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
Cont'd

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Donian007: 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

satellite power for modern world class military forces

[img]http://www.enri.go.jp/research/image/jyutaku_01.jpg[/img]
The NIGERIAN AIRFORCE also owns ISRAELI AEROSTAR DRONES.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:13pm On Jul 11, 2013
saengine:

And 660 guns in 1.3 millions square kms? Minus the fact that 330 of those guns have 11km range which we dont even need howitzers to engage, just long range mortars. Then on the other hand If a country was to invade Nigeria will 660 guns (actually 330) save Nigeria's 920 000 square km land mass?

F00lish student, the more i teach you the more you become dumbie grin

no country can invade nigeria by land without passing through other countries territory. the only neutral way is by sea/coastline. nigerian coastline is small 800km. 660 guns is more than enough, approximately 1 gun to 1 km, and the guns have traverse rotation 360 degrees. go and read the naval blockade simulation and remind yourself how south african navy warships ran away like usain bolt from nigerian coastline far away 50km into the deep ocean to avoid untimely death on nigerian coast grin grin grin

when you dont know combat, ask, dont make yourself to look F00LISH. nigerians will always be the teachers of south africans grin grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
Fynline: NADCEL, curtesy NA

@Fynline these photos dey killi meeee !!!!!

can you identify that new artillery gun in the first photo ?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Fynline(m): 12:24pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

@Fynline these photos dey killi meeee !!!!!

can you identify that new artillery gun in the first photo ?

I think its the Bofors 155m howitzer...open to correction
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

i proved a point, instead of laughing in silence, you should be crying in silence because nigeria can invade south africa as at today with 7 battalions, but south africa CANNOT invade nigeria, our army artillery will send all south african warships, landing boats/crafts and soldiers to the sea bottom before they set foot on nigerian land.

we cannot sustain that invasion, but it will shake south africa to its very foundations. jacob zuma will tremble. it will take many months before you can wipe out the niegrian 7 battalions once they move into your towns and mix with civilians. you will face guerrilla style war from africa's most powerful soldiers...deadlier than seleka !

i proved a big point of nigerian military superiority over south africa. cry and weep for soweto.

by next year 2014, nigeria can invade south africa and sustain the invasion until we end the war in a draw.

if i simulate both invasions for 2013 and 2014, you will weep for south africa...your country is too big for your tiny army to protect, 1.3 million sq km land area and 3,000km coastline.

i dont just talk rubbish, you should know me for that by now. i can have facts and tactics/strategy and hide it for many months before i later post it on this forum.

you ask how nigeria will get AK-47 guns into south africa and arm nigerian to become insurgents and rebels from inside your country ?

ask your police how all south african criminals and poachers got millions of illegal guns and use them regularly to make your country almost the number one murder spot in the world with stolen and border smuggled guns,

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/The-reasons-why-there-are-so-many-guns-in-South-Africa-20130222

http://www.gunfacts.co.za/illegal_guns.shtml

now back to school my boy, you said nigeria has 50% of her artillery guns with range 11km ? wrong, only 200 have range 11km, another 200 has range 18km, and 260 has range 20km to 30km.

let me teach your south african head some lessons, now listen :

armies of the world mix towed artillery of all types to have 105mm, 122mm, 130mm, 155mm. reason is only the 105mm guns with 11km range are easy to fly by helicopter or aircraft for long distance mobility to new threat areas of combat.

they are very very necessary for a balanced army like nigeria. lesson ends. you are a very ungratefuls tudent, say thank you sir ! say it....

dont make stupid reply to this post or else i wont reply you. dont waste my time, use your head before you post comment, if its not enough, borrow extra heads to join grin grin grin

You can keep lying to yourself claiming to be a teacher, i coudnt care less. SA does not need to be able to protect our entire land mass because the Nigerian Army is not logistically capable of maintaining fronts from the west coast of the northern cape to the east of mpumalanga. Nigeria cannot attack SA with however many battalions you see in your imaginary head, simple.

I wont even engage your peter pan fantasy of Nigerians waging guerilla war from inside our towns. One of the most st*pid things ive heard.

A long range mortar is even easier to deploy than your 11km range guns. It is quicker for mortar squads to setup and move positions, fire more rounds a minute etc etc. Hence we wont even be wasting our time using G5 and G6 on those 200 guns when paratroopers with mortars can do the job.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
Mike..ZA:
Nigerian army doesn't have any experience in supporting their troops or armour over long distances. They don't have MRAPS and mine detecting vehicles.

[size=16pt]MRAPS of nigerian army[/size]

only a bush man in village school will say nigerian amry has no MRAPS.

nigerian army has several hundreds of Oshkosh SandCat MRAPS and Springbuck MRAPS and nigeria will be manufacturing many more MRAPS 100% built in nigeria from next year 2014.

try to do research before you open your basket mouth sir. grin

nigerian army sandcat MRAP

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:35pm On Jul 11, 2013
Fynline: I think its the Bofors 155m howitzer...open to correction

yes i agree, its the lowering of the gun to horizontal elevation that made it look like 122mm, its 155mm bofors haubits 77 artillery. thanks.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeZA: 12:36pm On Jul 11, 2013
chris365:

Sorry but Denel is a state(South Africa) owned company. YOU'RE WRONG!!!!! GET IT?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by GidiNaijaPikin: 12:36pm On Jul 11, 2013
Underrate Nigeria's capabilities at your own peril. The element of surprise is a handy weapon! We are very much embedded in "##". Time will tell.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 12:36pm On Jul 11, 2013
saengine:

I wont even engage your peter pan fantasy of Nigerians waging guerilla war from inside our towns. One of the most st*pid things ive heard.

A long range mortar is even easier to deploy than your 11km range guns. It is quicker for mortar squads to setup and move positions, fire more rounds a minute etc etc. Hence we wont even be wasting our time using G5 and G6 on those 200 guns when paratroopers with mortars can do the job.

you simulate military war like a street policeman grin grin grin

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
agaugust:

F00lish student, the more i teach you the more you become dumbie grin

no country can invade nigeria by land without passing through other countries territory. the only neutral way is by sea/coastline. nigerian coastline is small 800km. 660 guns is more than enough, approximately 1 gun to 1 km, and the guns have traverse rotation 360 degrees. go and read the naval blockade simulation and remind yourself how south african navy warships ran away like usain bolt from nigerian coastline far away 50km into the deep ocean to avoid untimely death on nigerian coast grin grin grin

when you dont know combat, ask, dont make yourself to look F00LISH. nigerians will always be the teachers of south africans grin grin grin

Then it means you have become even more delusional assuming Nigeria will not attack SA by land. How are you going to go around neutral Zimbabwe, Botswana, Mozambique and Namibia? You're going to put all your troops on an OPV? grin grin

That was your simulation, so its useless for you to tell me to read it. In your 1st version you didnt even let us fire a single shot, not ONE. then you have the guts to call that a simulation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.