Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

The Child Bride - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Child Bride (47561 Views)

The Undesired Bride / Chimamanda Adichie: Bride Price Should Be Abolished, I'm Not A Fan Of It / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Child Bride by heemah(f): 10:59am On Dec 29, 2017
Dats d MIL I guess. The earlier Khalid put this woman in her place the better...
Re: The Child Bride by AryEmber(f): 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2017
Dancing like crazy to Mi Gente right now! Thank you guys, I'm really grateful. Sorry I can't mention names but I appreciate you all!
Re: The Child Bride by Hantonia(f): 12:21pm On Dec 29, 2017
we made fp pls let celebrate wit plenty update
Re: The Child Bride by shunletsam(m): 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2017
AryEmber:
One of my many promises to Baba God was if I manage to secure admission this year, I'd finish one of many uncompleted stories and post it here. Since my prayers were answered, come the month of my birth, I will start my first story here! So Anticipate! The Child Bride.
make i pack here
Re: The Child Bride by seunmohmoh(f): 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2017
can i join
Re: The Child Bride by hizzypearl(f): 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2017
angry Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, why dis monster inlaw come show face, she don spoil market now.... person no fit enjoy inside her husband house again.... may one monster in law no help me try am o....
Re: The Child Bride by Abiajiga(m): 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2017
Aryember, i just want to ask dis. ' are u ooookkaaay?' u r slowing d updates coz comment s node cum much. Dont u know wen readers r enjoyin a story dey dont have tym for comments. Abeg no try am again, fp na nu landing ground nw nt just for ds story bt odas frm u. So try make d update b hourly. Infact, type evening save am for system. Dem just d bombad us. Tnk u
Re: The Child Bride by Abiajiga(m): 2:29pm On Dec 29, 2017
For dose of una wer d drag front seats, una weldone, wer da guy wey won beat one gul, bros we no like corruption, na first cum first serve. Bt were una go recicv na wen nobody mention me wen sweet torry like ds one land. Ma na is Abia, a graduate of English n Lit, i dnt comment on threads unlesh its v v necesary, nobe say i b any special person o. Bt ur story line is beautiful, carching the every day story of an average northern Nigeria girl marrying into an aristocratic family. It societal based and create a familiar feeling to readers from Nigeria, Giving them some confident is understand d plot n setting. With proper editing and a good publisher, u d b a household name in literature in the near future. Thump's up
Re: The Child Bride by Abiajiga(m): 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2017
Oooomoo, only blunders wey i comit for ds comments don dsqlify me an Queen student. Make una no vex sha, i d more proficient in pigin dan any oda lang in d world.
Re: The Child Bride by emilykang(f): 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2017
Interesting
Re: The Child Bride by Gloryejims(f): 3:16pm On Dec 29, 2017
I guess its the monster in law shouting that....
What's Khalid own sef can't he stand up to his mother or what sef...
Ayi just keep it in don't mind that woman...
I like the love existent in Ayi and Khalid... wink
Aryember, keep it coming
More inspiration to your thoughts smiley
Re: The Child Bride by AryEmber(f): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2017
seunmohmoh:
can i join
Sure!
Re: The Child Bride by AryEmber(f): 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2017
Ye.... My mommy! Think I've bitten more than I can chew. Let's slow down now guys, I am like the slowest(if there's a word like that) typist ever so it's an update for each day, bear with me please!
Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2017
AryEmber:
Ye.... My mommy! Think I've bitten more than I can chew. Let's slow down now guys, I am like the slowest(if there's a word like that) typist ever so it's an update for each day, bear with me please!

lol...i will get you a typewriter grin
Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2017
Gloryejims:
I guess its the monster in law shouting that....
What's Khalid own sef can't he stand up to his mother or what sef...
Ayi just keep it in don't mind that woman...
I like the love existent in Ayi and Khalid... wink
Aryember, keep it coming
More inspiration to your thoughts smiley

You and romantic scenes sha.....

update is tomorrow. Goodnight

more grease to your elbows AryEmber. We are ready when you are
Re: The Child Bride by EvaJael(f): 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2017
Aryember biko I am on my knees. Forgive me o. I have repented now. I will comment after each update.
Re: The Child Bride by heemah(f): 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2017
We want more ooooooo. #olivertwist
Re: The Child Bride by Oluwakemi65(f): 8:13pm On Dec 29, 2017
*following *
anywhere correct story dey I dey oh.
Re: The Child Bride by rayvelez(m): 8:13pm On Dec 29, 2017
Yessss front page... This monster in law don spoil show oo, Poor Ayisat
Re: The Child Bride by Gloryejims(f): 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2017
cbella:

You and romantic scenes sha.....
update is tomorrow. Goodnight
more grease to your elbows AryEmber. We are ready when you are
Which tomorrow
Which update is tomorrow??
Cbella, bia where's our own story sef??
Let me not start with u Ohhh cbella... wink
Aryember we're hungry ohh... How far??
Re: The Child Bride by MrsDan: 11:32pm On Dec 29, 2017
Great story....loving every minute!
Re: The Child Bride by AryEmber(f): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2017
Food don readi oh! ………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
She continued to wash the dishes after watching her left the kitchen, she made a mental note to remind her son to get a dish washer. She might be willing to cook because of her happiness at the coming baby but she was not comfortable washing all the time and never would she allow that girl to wash anything.
This baby was here to stay even if she had to sacrifice her comfort, she would get that dish washer herself if Khalid wouldn’t answer her.
She rinsed the plates and was about to place them in the draining board when she heard a shriek of laughter. She wondered what was wrong with her son laughing like that, and then it hit her. That stupid girl was yet to return since she took that tea up!
She hurriedly placed down the plates and head up, she was going to yell at her from the stairs to leave the room right away but when she could no longer hear any sound and she had not yet come down, she decided to see what was going on.
What she found them doing shocked and angered her at the same time.
“Subhana Allah!” she didn’t know when she shouted.
So, after she had warned this unfortunate girl not to do anything like that with her son because of the baby, she still had the courage to defy her?
“This was your plan all along right? I knew! I knew it you this unfortunate girl! You want to abort my grandchild ba? Allah punishes you!”
Ayisat got down from the desk hastily and moved far away from Khalid, who appeared to be in a daze and began to shake.
Khalid finally got his acts together and said calmly. “Mother, please the next time you want to come in like this, remember to knock. Now please excuse us, my wife and I need sometime only, as you could see before you interrupted, we were quite busy.”
“I can see that, busy at the process of terminating my grandchild I see that alright.”
“No one is terminating anything mother, we both this child just as much as you do so no one wants this baby gone! You need to understand that my wife and I have right to moments like the one you just interrupted, for Allah’s sakes! She’s not the first pregnant woman!”
The woman placed her hands on her head and shouted suddenly, startling the couples.
“Ah! I swear this was not what I prayed for my creator. When I got pregnant, I prayed for an intelligent boy with good senses! Where did I go wrong Allah? Where?” she questioned like the almighty being was in front of her.
To say he was insulted would be an understatement; he was not going to let this one slide.
“Mother, I …..”
She cut him off, ignoring him and turning to Ayisat who was still shaking. ”And you? This is how you pay me for all I’ve done and all I’m still doing for you? Is this the tea I asked you to bring for him?”
“I….I was just coming out….”
“Eh? My God punish you….” She barely finished her statement before launching toward the poor girl who was not fortunate enough to escape her.
If she wasn’t carrying her precious grandchild, she would have been beaten her to a pulp but a slap would not kill the foetus.
Ayisat felt the sting on her cheek and let out a yelp, the woman kept shouting and cursing at the same time.
Khalid got between them fast before another resounding slap could land on Ayisat’s cheek.
“Mother, stop this nonsense!” he yelled louder than his mother’s shouts.
Ayisat escaped from her mother in law’s grip, she no longer listened to anything coming from mother and son, she ran like someone was chasing her. In her haste to escape a woman that was not chasing her, she didn’t know when she missed a step on the staircase.
Mother and son released themselves the moment they both heard Ayisat’s scream and ran out of the study room, Khalid was the first to get out.
The only thing she heard was hurried footsteps coming her way before embracing the darkness beckoning to her.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Child Bride by Finegirl23: 9:15am On Dec 30, 2017
I'm soo loving this. Nice update. Keep it up
Re: The Child Bride by Gloryejims(f): 9:17am On Dec 30, 2017
Ehen!!! What the monster was preventing has happened due to her stupidity... angry
Please don't let my Ayi die and let the foetus be okay sad
Khalid if only you'd stood up to ur mum before this wouldn't have happened...
Can't imagine my mother-in-law coming to slap me for what na
You're doing a good job...
By the way congrats on fp wink
Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 9:25am On Dec 30, 2017
Gloryejims:

Which tomorrow
Which update is tomorrow??
Cbella, bia where's our own story sef??
Let me not start with u Ohhh cbella... wink
Aryember we're hungry ohh... How far??

lolzxx.. not my story ooo.

i mean this current one
Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 9:27am On Dec 30, 2017
EvaJael:
Aryember biko I am on my knees. Forgive me o. I have repented now. I will comment after each update.

lolzxx..... Apology not accepted
Re: The Child Bride by cbella(f): 9:33am On Dec 30, 2017
AryEmber:
Food don readi oh! ………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

The only thing she heard was hurried footsteps coming her way before embracing the darkness beckoning to her.

Congratulations..... Don't kill that innocent baby ooo.....

And ooh, you interrupted that beautiful romantic scene.. Pearl05's favorite.

Gloryejims handbag grin grin
Re: The Child Bride by seunmohmoh(f): 9:39am On Dec 30, 2017
AryEmber:
Sure!
thanks
Re: The Child Bride by Hantonia(f): 9:42am On Dec 30, 2017
Pls Dont Kill D Baby Am Begging
Re: The Child Bride by itsandi(m): 9:50am On Dec 30, 2017
Interesting...Enjoy interesting Christmas themed stories, poems, articles, etc on Tushstories

www.tushstories.com

#TushXmasPiece
Re: The Child Bride by Pearl05(f): 10:13am On Dec 30, 2017
Madam, this update is too short but suspense filled. I just love it but next time try to give ayisat and her husband some privacy. The door should be closed.

Tell the mother that the bedroom play is good for the baby.
Re: The Child Bride by EvaJael(f): 10:59am On Dec 30, 2017
cbella:

lolzxx..... Apology not accepted
Dont spoil show na

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Selfless Desires / I Need A Piece Of Drama Or A Playlet That I Can Teach Pry 6 Pupils / A Game For Love and Marriage - Two Can Play The Game - Season 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.