Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:44 AM

What Is SEO- Begginers Guide - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is SEO- Begginers Guide (515 Views)

How Important Is SEO On Youtube In 2020? / What Is SEO Marketing? / What Is SEO ? SEO Advanced Tutorial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is SEO- Begginers Guide by muideensamuel92(m): 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
What is SEO and how does it works

The digital world is full of information, there must be a rank for every website/blog and that is exactly what the search engine optimization [SEO] is all about.

What is SEO?

SEO can be defined as a marketing tool that helps website/blog increase the quantity and quality of traffic to their site.
Search engine optimization [SEO] describe a series with a step by step process that can help you rank higher on google and get free organic traffic from different search queries Note:-i made mention of step by step process which means as long as you follow each step and are patient you will get a great result. Recommend:- 3 Article Type That Increase Blog Traffic
The best way to understand SEO is to break it down.

SEO is

1. Technical Field

Kowing the practice to optimize a website/blog and its content is important if you have plans to compete for traffic, those that know the ins and out of SEO are highly sought after due to the level of ROI they bring [it's high].

2. An Exciting Field

I don't know what you think, for me creating good and unique content and also generating leads for free is amazing, I love ever-evolving nature of search engine optimization for the fact that it requires markets and bloggers like me to always read up on new Algorithm changes and lots more.

3. A Market Discipline

Understanding SEO is very Crucial to all marketing efforts because you will be able to drive traffic to your website/blog and generate leads and conversion, you don't only write content that Google likes you also write content that brings reason to your audience.

How Does SEO Works?

When someone searches for a keyword on search engines like that of Bing or Google, the result that displays with series of websites that are relevant to the search queries [keyword] and the website that has high domain authority rank first with others below it
for example, when you search for SEO tools the top websites in your search result are the ones adopting the best SEO practice.
This is because search engines use advanced crawlers that fetch information on every site gathering every bit of content it finds on the internet, that creates an index for every website/blog that is compared to the algorithm that Google has built for SEO practice.

What Factor Affect SEO?

Either you are trying to learn more about SEO or want to actual Ranking techniques on how to improve or grow your websites/blog SEO, there are sets of factors that Google and other search engines favor when ranking a site, although there are more than 200 factors that affect your site rank, the best part of it is that anyone can improve their site by simply working on them.
Below is the most important factors that affect SEO.

1. Keyword

Search engine optimization begins with picking the right keyword, this tools will help- Ahrefs and Google keyword planner, i am much interested in picking low strategy keyword to reduce competition and then slowly build up my content to targeted more competitive terms, if you are looking forward to rank you should definitely add LSI keywords "Keywords that as synonyms" to your target terms, for example, a site that talks about "blogging tips" should also include terms such as make money blogging, domain for bloggers etc. Make sure you include the keyword you want to rank for in your title and sub-heading.

2. Relevancy

Search engines are now smarter than before, they know the difference between a copied page and a relevant one, Search engine can also distinguish whether your site is about tech or fashion, i advice you stick to a niche when building website/blog your content should be specified in a particular niche, for me my niche is howto's, blogging and SEO.

3. Domain Authority

Domain authority is also known as DA is a metric use to consider how trusted your domain is or how much trust it as built over time, age and backlinks
the more other sites talked about you the higher your domain authority, one important thing I have found relevancy of domain name is respect of the keyword you're targetting for example, techstoryhowto.com will be more likely to rank better than mytestingsite.tk for SEO related queries, few SEO experts have reported that shorter domains will outperform longer domains.

4. Site Speed

Google really cares about your load time and how fast your speed can deliver contents to its readers, you can use caching tools such as W3 Total Cache or use CDN to speed up your load time and deliver content in a faster way.

5. Outbound Links

Outbound links also now as external links, the more relevant links your site is pointing to the more your SEO score, same goes for internal links which are more favored especially if they are coming from prestigious popular and relevant source, you can also get backlinks by guest posting on big sites in your category or get featured on news sites.

6. Clean and Responsive Design

it obvious nowadays the best-optimized websites are those that are functional, clean and responsive to devices of all types and sizes, Google favors websites with mobile-friendly design than those that don't have, if you blog on Wordpress you can install the AMP PLUGIN to make your site load amazingly fast, if you don't blog on WordPress you need to learn how to make use of the Accelerated mobile page by Google. READ MORE
Re: What Is SEO- Begginers Guide by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2017
Re: What Is SEO- Begginers Guide by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 04, 2017

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Create And Setup A New Blog On Platform / Who Can Help Me Fix This Problem On My Blogger? / I Need A Badass Web Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.