Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,762 members, 7,806,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC (11757 Views)

Helen Onyinyechi Maduakonam Graduates With First Class At LAUTECH / Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen / 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by devindevin2000: 8:09am On Nov 05, 2017
c
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by Bifrost: 8:11am On Nov 05, 2017
People still think students bid for first class sha? It surprises me.

All the people I know that sorted their way through school end up with either 2² or marginal 3¹ (third class). Nairalanders first class isn't cheap. If it is why not get it.

That you can't make a first class in 4,5,6 years you spent in the University doesn't give you the effrontery to bad-mouth on people who achieve such feat.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by 2016easy2017: 8:13am On Nov 05, 2017
which 1st class with this olodos. i met one of their best student who doesn't even know the speed of light. church service attendance is a 10 credit course. you call one of the if you meat any and tell him/her to give you the almighty formula
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by Bifrost: 8:17am On Nov 05, 2017
[color=#550000][/color]
2016easy2017:
which 1st class with this olodos. i met one of their best student who doesn't even know the speed of light. church service attendance is a 10 credit course. you call one of the if you meat any and tell him/her to give you the almighty formula

Your exaggeration is even exaggerated. haba!

2 Likes

Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 05, 2017
phransix2:
With they way people are bagging First Class are you sure First Class is still 4.5 and above? Abi are the no more lectures that reserve A for God, B for Jesus and then C for the Extra - Brilliant ones? Lecturers don't sell hand-out again? Don't they give assignments that even google can't solve again? Don't they set the past questions of their Phd degree for Bachelor degree students so they will all fail and come n' settle? If all these thing don't happen again that means it's not fair... I thought that style will be passed on from generation to generation so we will all be at equilibrium....
. E b like say na UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE MAKURDI u skul, Atongo slogan on d bold.
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by mykh01(m): 8:41am On Nov 05, 2017
sunbbo:
Congrats to them.

Apply for Lagos State Government Undergraduate/postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme 2018

The Lagos State Scholarship Board is the agency in charge of scholarship, bursary and other related matters within the state. It grants Scholarship awards to deserving indigenes in various tertiary institutions for full time studies in order to assist these students financially. Lagos State Government Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme 2018 as follows;

1.) Lagos State Government Undergraduate Scholarship Award Scheme 2018

Click Here To View Details

2.) Lagos State Government Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme 2018

Click Here To View Details

Application Closing Date :15th December, 2017

Source:http://www.ngjobseekers.com/2017/11/03/lagos-state-government-undergraduate-postgraduate-scholarship-award-scheme-2018/
Bros i am elegible, but my grade na 2:2 i av 3.4
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 05, 2017
Luukasz:
Likewise with all the emeritus professors,professors and doctors we have, what av we being able to achieve as a country. Nothing, virtually we've failed as a nation.

Nigerian professors r very helpful, r dey not d one's used by politicians to rig elections??
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by raphaeladeyele: 8:47am On Nov 05, 2017
CONGRATULATIONS
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 05, 2017
iamozipatrick:
I believe in their 1st class, if they just dash point y den do dey still have 2.2 and 3rd class students?
am a 3.01cgpa student of English kogi state university(400l 1st semester), I believe am a first class potential in a just educational settings.
am a victim of missing script, I've been victimized because I refuse 2 sort, toppled with d mental and physical stress I go tru, d distant treaking to my faculty 4rm d hostel, scarcity of water, no electricity, strike, undisciplined and frustrated lecturers owing to non payment of staffs.

Bowen students are free from all diz I envy them alot, if I could afford d fees I would write a better result not because their syllabus is easier but bcoz itz a better institute for learning.

To all d haters of private university my mother say a poor man drinking garri would look at a rich man eating chicken and say garri beta pass chicken coz chicken dey giv cancer grin grin grin
What are you saying? What do you have to say about those that graduated with first class and 2:1 from ur same institution? Do they have 5 heads or r they just specially treated? Truly better learning environment encourages better grades but you should never compare a private university first class graduate with that of a government university because private universities are profit motivated while government universities are not just non profit motivated but they comprise of deliberate obstacles to break or make you. Nobody gives a damn about you. Wouldn't you rather employ a graduate that has witnessed obstacles of worst imaginations and still came out successfully than one that has no clue what obstacles mean? Anyway congratulations to them o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by Danladi7: 8:54am On Nov 05, 2017
Luukasz:
Likewise with all the emeritus professors,professors and doctors we have, what av we being able to achieve as a country. Nothing, virtually we've failed as a nation.
Corruption and inferiority complex in the part of our leaders are killings those people you've listed potentials
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by myners007: 9:03am On Nov 05, 2017
iamozipatrick:
I believe in their 1st class, if they just dash point y den do dey still have 2.2 and 3rd class students?
am a 3.01cgpa student of English kogi state university(400l 1st semester), I believe am a first class potential in a just educational settings.
am a victim of missing script, I've been victimized because I refuse 2 sort, toppled with d mental and physical stress I go tru, d distant treaking to my faculty 4rm d hostel, scarcity of water, no electricity, strike, undisciplined and frustrated lecturers owing to non payment of staffs.

Bowen students are free from all diz I envy them alot, if I could afford d fees I would write a better result not because their syllabus is easier but bcoz itz a better institute for learning.
drinking garri would look at a rich man eating chicken and say garri beta pass chicken coz chicken dey giv cancer ;grin
a potential 1st class english student that cant trekking. i see why kogi state is retrogressing
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by osdayoola(m): 9:48am On Nov 05, 2017
cutiesoglam:
As an ex bowenite, i wonder what happened or what has changed . During the first 5 graduating sets which i was in , first class isnt this cheap......
because the figures are high doesn't make it fake.
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by Babaalawo: 10:01am On Nov 05, 2017
Dharniel:

the statistics ain't right, as at 2013 during the 8 convocation of the school, 1014 graduating students were awarded the B.Sc certificate. so I believe there should be much more than 695 graduating students...
Learn to argue with facts and figures.
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by Olusegunjaye(m): 10:19am On Nov 05, 2017
cutiesoglam:
As an ex bowenite, i wonder what happened or what has changed . During the first 5 graduating sets which i was in , first class isnt this cheap......

Nothing is cheap. U be Olodo normally.

1 Like

Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by idholo96(m): 10:24am On Nov 05, 2017
make dem come DELSU come get First Class nw
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by sKeetz(m): 10:41am On Nov 05, 2017
Highorbit:
What are you saying? What do you have to say about those that graduated with first class and 2:1 from ur same institution? Do they have 5 heads or r they just specially treated? Truly better learning environment encourages better grades but you should never compare a private university first class graduate with that of a government university because private universities are profit motivated while government universities are not just non profit motivated but they comprise of deliberate obstacles to break or make you. Nobody gives a damn about you. Wouldn't you rather employ a graduate that has witnessed obstacles of worst imaginations and still came out successfully than one that has no clue what obstacles mean? Anyway congratulations to them o.

The reason we go to university is to learn and not to be tortured. The kind of physical and mental torture that goes on in Government owned universities can make a man insane.

Universities should have a conducive learning environment which will inspire students to be creative. You can't be creative when your lecturers and professors are sadists and always tell it to you that you will never be better. Do you include buying handouts or sorting as part of education. That is why despite our supposed brilliance, there are no innovations or inventions. The creative side of us is literally dead.

Your notion that private universities are profit motivated hence not up to par with government owned ones is flawed because some of the best universities in the world are private owned. MIT, Harvard, Yale, Stanford just to name a few are all private universities. Can you name one government university better than these universities I mentioned? NONE! I dare you to prove me wrong that there is no federal university in Nigeria that is better than covenant university and it's just 15 years old. In the nearest future, Covenant university will achieve Ivy League status.

Our idea of education and learning is that one must suffer and be subjected to inhumane treatment for one to learn. This is wrong and the system needs a total overhaul. If I have the resources, none of my children or wards will attend a government owned university.

NB: No recruiter is interested on the struggles you went through in the university but on the skill sets you have acquired which will be beneficial to his/her organization hence, that theory of yours is also flawed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by bandad: 11:06am On Nov 05, 2017
Bowen don become RRC (Rapid Result College)

1 Like

Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by Demzy4: 11:23am On Nov 05, 2017
cutiesoglam:

Nothing happened. We just read our ass out
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by Geenel(f): 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
cutiesoglam:

First 5 graduating sets u said... This is the 12th set, now that's a huge difference. You should understand that there are more students now and definitely the number of people bagging 1st class, 2nd class, etc, will be more than it was 6 or 7 years ago. I was in the 11th set and I know how hard I worked for my 2.1 and how extra hard my friends who bagged 1st class worked. It is so not cheap.

1 Like

Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2017
Naija. First class left right and center. In a period when jamb cut off has become a laughing stock. People who can't score 200 in jamb now graduate with first class. I hail una oooooo!!
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by mechanics(m): 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
I wish them good luck in their future endeavours.
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2017
iamozipatrick:
am a victim of missing script, I've been victimized because I refuse 2 sort, toppled with d mental and physical stress I go tru, d distant trekking to my faculty 4rm d hostel, scarcity of water, no electricity, strike, undisciplined and frustrated lecturers owing to non payment of staffs.

To all d haters of private university my mother say a poor man drinking garri would look at a rich man eating chicken and say garri beta pass chicken coz chicken dey giv cancer grin grin grin
I believe you are one of d most intelligent persons I have ever come across on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 05, 2017
Dharniel:

the statistics ain't right, as at 2013 during the 8 convocation of the school, 1014 graduating students were awarded the B.Sc certificate. so I believe there should be much more than 695 graduating students...
Well, enrollment has dwindled for most private universities thanks to more private universities being created every day.
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by piagetskinner(m): 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2017
phransix2:
With they way people are bagging First Class are you sure First Class is still 4.5 and above? Abi are there no more lecturers that reserve A for God, B for Jesus and then C for the Extra - Brilliant ones? Lecturers don't sell hand-out again? Don't they give assignments that even google can't solve again? Don't they set the past questions of their Phd degree for Bachelor degree students so they will all fail and come n' settle? If all these thing don't happen again that means it's not fair... I thought that style will be passed on from generation to generation so we will all be at equilibrium....

lol...its not too late to go back and start all over
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by phransix2: 4:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
piagetskinner:

lol...its not too late to go back and start all over

I will gladly do if you will be my sponsor.
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by Nopanties: 6:59pm On Nov 05, 2017
Geenel:

First 5 graduating sets u said... This is the 12th set, now that's a huge difference. You should understand that there are more students now and definitely the number of people bagging 1st class, 2nd class, etc, will be more than it was 6 or 7 years ago. I was in the 11th set and I know how hard I worked for my 2.1 and how extra hard my friends who bagged 1st class worked. It is so not cheap.
Shut up. Private universities are all about money. Even ur 2.1 was bought indirectly! 81 first class ko 69 third class ni
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2017
dejt4u:
695 graduating students

first class = 11.65%
2nd class upper = 13.81%
2nd class lower = 54.96%
3rd class = 19.57%
if this was public school only one person ll make ist class and we ll be claping.....dis has shown dat ders no big deal in ist class
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2017
iamozipatrick:
am a victim of missing script, I've been victimized because I refuse 2 sort, toppled with d mental and physical stress I go tru, d distant trekking to my faculty 4rm d hostel, scarcity of water, no electricity, strike, undisciplined and frustrated lecturers owing to non payment of staffs.

u have said it all....no mind idiot criticizing d ist class....
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by squarelead(m): 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2017
If you are not in the system, you can't know about it. Kudos to the first class graduates. I understand what it means to have first class. How about those that had 3rd class.... . Private Uni still the best. I rep Oduduwa University. 2015 set

1 Like

Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
ANTONINEUTRON:
Some Will Now Say 'their first class is second class lower in my school'

NOTE: Better Environment Produces More First Class And Educationally Sound Student.
ur head dee there
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by Geenel(f): 2:20pm On May 01, 2018
Nopanties:
Shut up. Private universities are all about money. Even ur 2.1 was bought indirectly! 81 first class ko 69 third class ni

Sweetheart what's the shut up for naw? You probably came out with a 3rd class or a pass that's why you are so pained. I don't give a Bleep if you think I bought my degree. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so far I know what the truth is I'm cool man. Ain't got time for verbal exchange with some illiterate.
Re: 81 Students Bag First Class At Bowen University, Iwo – VC by Nopanties: 6:32pm On Jun 22, 2019
Geenel:

Sweetheart what's the shut up for naw? You probably came out with a 3rd class or a pass that's why you are so pained. I don't give a Bleep if you think I bought my degree. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so far I know what the truth is I'm cool man. Ain't got time for verbal exchange with some illiterate.
I swear, you no get sense!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Important Things You Need To Know About JAMB 2018 / Kaduna Reinstates 1,288 Primary School Teachers –10 Months After Sack / 7 Year Old Girl Admitted To Secondary School In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.