Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,534 members, 7,808,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 (18182 Views)

2007 Toyota Avalon or 2007 Toyota Corolla: Which Should I Buy? / The All New 2019 Toyota Avalon Is Full Of Sophistication And Style (photos) / Beware: Flooded Cars From Hurricane Harvey Are Getting Lined Up Already (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by Jagermeister(m): 9:14am On Nov 19, 2017
Ishilove:

This is quite insulting.

That's the barbarian way dear Iyawo nylon bag.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by afangsoup: 9:38am On Nov 19, 2017
Scammer:

I never said the car is going to the east.
I live in Lagos.
I am not paying duty on this car, so i am not shipping it to Lagos, I am shipping it to Benin, Popularly known as Cotonou, I see most people don't know Benin is the country and Cotonou is just a city.
Car will come through the land border to Lagos.
Understand now?

Send this car to Abuja, to Kingreign. I believe he can restart it but you're gonna spend some good cash.
Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by afangsoup: 3:40pm On Dec 14, 2017
Scammer:
I have a 2016 Avalon limited which was flooded in texas, Coming to lagos soon.
It's a non Starter.

Which competent Auto engineer here Is competent enough to take on this repair Project.
It wasn't heavily submerged.

I've heard names of engineers here like gazuz, mayor and co.

I know labor won't be cheap, but i'm ready if the price is quite reasonable.

Hello, scammer, any update on our white Avalon?
Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by Tyche(m): 7:52pm On Dec 14, 2017
Jakumo:

I be mechanic of woman yansh. I dey service dem with my BIG spanner, but no be all of dem need to dey pay me.

Sometime, na free awoof service I go dey dash dem.

grin grin grin grin
Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by lonelydora: 8:58pm On Dec 14, 2017
Scammer:
I have a 2016 Avalon limited which was flooded in texas, Coming to lagos soon.
It's a non Starter.

Which competent Auto engineer here Is competent enough to take on this repair Project.
It wasn't heavily submerged.

I've heard names of engineers here like gazuz, mayor and co.

I know labor won't be cheap, but i'm ready if the price is quite reasonable.

You have balls,bro.
Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by chukel(m): 6:44am On Dec 25, 2017
Scammer, how far. This ride should have entered by now. Pls give us update
Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:51am On Dec 25, 2017
chukel:
Scammer, how far. This ride should have entered by now. Pls give us update

Bros u r the real definition of a monitoring spirit.

@ scam.... I just can't being myself to type that word completely, esp in a sentence that isn't meant to admonish or administer e-koboko; please oh come and feed us with current status data. awon boiz cannot wait any longer.
Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by chukel(m): 7:06am On Dec 25, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

Bros u r the real definition of a monitoring spirit.

@ scam.... I just can't being myself to type that word completely, esp in a sentence that isn't meant to admonish or administer e-koboko; please oh come and feed us with current status data. awon boiz cannot wait any longer.
I really want to follow up on the thread. I want to order an experimental flood damaged corolla 05 or camry 07 o the conditions it must be run and drive and dirty cheap.
Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:10am On Dec 25, 2017
c harlie, h otel,u niform, k ilo, e cho, l ima

Wingnut spotted, I am on my way......

1 Like

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by nurey(m): 7:23am On Dec 25, 2017
The car has arrived since, he has decided to fix it in his living room as the leather in that car is first of its kind.

Also the mini fridge is good for keeping 4 orijin one for scammer, Mrs scammer and the twin scammer. grin

5 Likes

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by kingreign(m): 7:33am On Dec 25, 2017
chukel:
I really want to follow up on the thread. I want to order an experimental flood damaged corolla 05 or camry 07 o the conditions it must be run and drive and dirty cheap.

Bro, get a Volvo S60 t5 pleassseeee. Make it a mom flooded vehicle

1 Like

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by chukel(m): 2:03pm On Dec 25, 2017
kingreign:

it's a very rugged vehicle. But it doesn't have resale value cos Nigerians don't know the worth. Afterall, it's not a Toyota. Meanwhile they have just started appreciating Mercedes benz c230 05-07 especially the 1.8L compressor engine. The number of orders I get is staggering.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:50pm On Dec 25, 2017
chukel:
way ahead of u, shey kingreign is the baba of flooded cars? I'm close to bringing in one flooded 14 accord. please op tell us how far
Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by kingreign(m): 4:19pm On Dec 25, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

way ahead of u, shey kingreign is the baba of flooded cars? I'm close to bringing in one flooded 14 accord. please op tell us how far
bring am come na, na your pocket go tell you howfar grin
Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2017
kingreign:

bring am come na, na your pocket go tell you howfar grin

Bros na op hol me naw oh, the way I go take pack dem dey come ur shop ehn, u go begin write brand and year for ur siggy like gazzuzz

1 Like

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by Scammer(m): 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2017
I've been quite busy .
And i didn't forget about the thread.
Car has been shipped, And will be arriving at cotonou by january.
I will continue to update when i'm chanced. smiley

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by mayor2013: 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2017
Scammer:
I've been quite busy .

Pls do. We are all anxious

1 Like

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 28, 2017
This is an interesting thread.

I’ll like to address a few points that came up on why some major players in the house wouldn’t work on this car. It’s not from not knowing how to fix a car. Any car can be repaired, any car.

1) Fee

The repair cost for something like this cannot he close ended. All of these guys have to feed their family so they need to make a living. It’s far easier to make money on close ended deals.

Customer: my car doesn’t go vroom vroom anymore.

Mechanic: I see why it’s not. I’ll make your car go vroom vroom again for N25,000 guaranteed.

You cannot do this on a truly flooded car. Hint: there’s a major difference in flooded vehicles. Did it just get flooded from a sudden deluge while parked or was it driven into a flooded Houston road and sat in the ocean water for days?

2) Reputation

Many of the cartalk titans are startups that are carefully building their brand name. They cannot afford to be linked with the car that’ll constantly be on cartalk for one issue or the other.

Customer: help me people, I’m at my wits end. My car now makes chuk chuk noise.

Car talkers: upon all that money wey you spend. God forbid, take am back to the mechanic to fix am properly.

It’s far easier to make money doing regular repairs of known faults. After all there’s a reason why the cars are salvaged in the first instance.

So to close, no need to gloat that a flooded car is running, yes it’ll run but not at the shops of most seasoned mechanics worth their salt or sanity.

7 Likes

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by nurey(m): 2:25pm On Dec 28, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I’ll like to address a few points that came up on why some major players in the house wouldn’t work on this car. It’s not from not knowing how to fix a car. Any car can be repaired, any car.

1) Fee

The repair cost for something like this cannot he close ended. All of these guys have to feed their family so they need to make a living. It’s far easier to make money on close ended deals.

Mechanic: I see why it’s not. I’ll make your car go vroom vroom again for N25,000 guaranteed.

You cannot do this on a truly flooded car. Hint: there’s a major difference in flooded vehicles. Did it just get flooded from a sudden deluge while parked or was it driven into a flooded Houston road and sat in the ocean water for days?

2) Reputation

Many of the cartalk titans are startups that are carefully building their brand name. They cannot afford to be linked with the car that’ll constantly be on cartalk for one issue or the other.

Car talkers: upon all that money wey you spend. God forbid, take am back to the mechanic to fix am properly.

It’s far easier to make money doing regular repairs of known faults. After all there’s a reason why the cars are salvaged in the first instance.

So to close, no need to gloat that a flooded car is running, yes it’ll run but not at the shops of most seasoned mechanics worth their salt or sanity.

Welcome back sir, eku ijoor meta. Compliments of the season

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by aieromon(m): 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2017
Scammer:
I've been quite busy .

Nice one....

1 Like

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 28, 2017
nurey:

Welcome back sir, eku ijoor meta. Compliments of the season

Thank you Sir, may you be showered with all the good tidings of the season.
Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by obekediamondfuto(m): 6:17am On Dec 29, 2017
EgunMogaji:

1) Fee

2) Reputation

oh bros, u too much!
I'd have submitted one origin for call over oh, but I think schnapps is ur brand. but let's see how it goes, like gazuzz once mentioned; a start and drive car is different from a 'drive to any destination peacefully car'

a lot of folks learnt that the hard way from cityhood

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 29, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

oh bros, u too much!
I'd have submitted one origin for call over oh, but I think schnapps is ur brand. but let's see how it goes, like gazuzz once mentioned; a start and drive car is different from a 'drive to any destination peacefully car'

a lot of folks learnt that the hard way from cityhood

Yeah.

To also add. A Toyota Avalon is far from being a basic car. It’s is the very top of the line car from Toyota until you jump over onto their Lexus brand.

But we all knew this.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by RZArecta(m): 12:11pm On Jan 01, 2018
kingreign:

correct me if I'm wrong but I thought people are adviced to avoid the t5 because of our mechanics
Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by kingreign(m): 12:49pm On Jan 01, 2018
RZArecta:
correct me if I'm wrong but I thought people are adviced to avoid the t5 because of our mechanics
That T5 packs a small v8 power in a small block 5cylinder with turbo. i'm not concerned with mechanics hear say.
Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by Emperoh(m): 2:53pm On Jan 01, 2018
kingreign:
That T5 packs a small v8 power in a small block 5cylinder with turbo. i'm not concerned with mechanics hear say.

My main wahala is not mechanics. The parts dey market?

You know the issue we had fixing that Lexus? How affordable? Cos These are the two things that help me make buying decisions

Mechanic na my last headache.

Meanwhile, make i add am for list? grin grin
Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by kingreign(m): 4:36pm On Jan 01, 2018
Emperoh:

My main wahala is not mechanics. The parts dey market?

You know the issue we had fixing that Lexus? How affordable? Cos These are the two things that help me make buying decisions

Mechanic na my last headache.

Meanwhile, make i add am for list? grin grin
condenser 6k, compressor 15k, gear box 45k and na AISIN sourced so na type t-iv
Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by Emperoh(m): 6:54pm On Jan 01, 2018
kingreign:
condenser 6k, compressor 15k, gear box 45k and na AISIN sourced so na type t-iv

What year? My eye dey 2012 - 2014
Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by kingreign(m): 5:57am On Jan 02, 2018
Emperoh:

What year? My eye dey 2012 - 2014
na 2000-2007 i dey talk about. to research on 2012-2014 no go hard.
Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by Scammer(m): 3:08am On Feb 10, 2018
Whew.

I've been very busy I totally forgot I had a thread here.

Car arrived in cotonou about mid January.
The guy who was supposed to clear gave me issues. I had to pay extra 50k to the 300k I gave him earlier. Note this is cotonou duty, Not Nigeria duty

The car was towed to a park where accident cars are always repaired.
I gave a strict instruction about not tampering it or cranking. Until I get there.
I went to see my beauty along with my favorite mechanic from lagos.
He checked some fuses and some areas of the car to see if car has serious water damage.
Enine oil and transmission oil looked clean.

We got a battery to crank.
Dash lights came on. If you push the start button the lights go off but won't crank.
After much diagnosis Starter motor was the culprit.
Starter motor was replaced the second day.
Car cranked and poured to life.

But the car was rough idling.

There are some issues.

The airbag light is permanently on. (Maybe the srs module got wet.)

Check engine light and one other yellow light is on.

The car stereo is not coming on.

But everyother thing works perfectly.

At this point I'm quite relaxed. And the known issues are very minor.

Car will be flown to lagos next week.
All in all.
I'm thankful.
No pictures for now for private reasons.

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by scarplanet(m): 3:57am On Feb 10, 2018
Scammer:
Whew.

I've been very busy I totally forgot I had a thread here.

Car arrived in cotonou about mid January.
The guy who was supposed to clear gave me issues. I had to pay extra 50k to the 300k I gave him earlier.

The car was towed to a park where accident cars are always repaired.
I gave a strict instruction about not tampering it or cranking. Until I get there.
I went to see my beauty along with my favorite mechanic from lagos.
He checked some fuses and some areas of the car to see if car has serious water damage.
Enine oil and transmission oil looked clean.

We got a battery to crank.
Dash lights came on. If you push the start button the lights go off but won't crank.
After much diagnosis Starter motor was the culprit.
Starter motor was replaced the second day.
Car cranked and poured to life.

But the car was rough idling.

There are some issues.

The airbag light is permanently on. (Maybe the srs module got wet.)

Check engine light and one other yellow light is on.

The car stereo is not coming on.

But everyother thing works perfectly.

At this point I'm quite relaxed. And the known issues are very minor.

Car will be flown to lagos next week.
All in all.
I'm thankful.
No pictures for now for private reasons.

Wow! Whaooh! Good to know all isn't too bad with the car like earlier portrayed.
When you are able to solve the check engine light and the other yellow light issue, kindly intimate us on the root cause and how u fixed it.

When everything becomes settled, we should pop champagne... grin

1 Like

Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon Flooded, (non Starter) Needs Repair. Solved page 5 by Bizzyliss(m): 4:52am On Feb 10, 2018
So 350k to clear 2016 avalon?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Volkswagen Set To Retire The Beetles Model In 2019 / Bringing Power And Fuel Efficiency Closer To Factory Setup Of Your Car / This Is What The 2018 Kia Optima Station Wagon Looks Like (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.