Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,711 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why (49363 Views)

"I’m too young to have a boyfriend" – Priscilla Ojo / I Don’t Have A Boyfriend — Pretty Actress, Jumoke Odetola (Photos) / Adekunle Gold: "I Was Dating A Girl That Had A Boyfriend And I Did Not Know" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by ajaniepp: 6:17am On Nov 05, 2017
Expectedly, beauty queens are not permitted to be in a relationship during their reign. Most of them claim they abide by that rule, including the current Miss Nigeria, Chioma Obiadi.

When Saturday Beats asked the young beauty queen how she has been able to cope with that, she said it was just a protective measure put in place for her to stay away from scandals and other “unnecessary things.”

She said, “One needs to be protected against scandals. Some of these scandals come from people who you are close to and trust. It is just a protective clause to help me to be better.”

According to her, it will be hard to keep a relationship as she has been overwhelmed with both her school’s activities and her role as Miss Nigeria. But then, the pretty girl said the clause has not hindered guys from stalking her.

She added, “I have stalkers. Every girl has a stalker, but I feel God has given us a way to handle it without hurting anyone. I was not even in a relationship before becoming Miss Nigeria. I have been jostling between school and Miss Nigeria, so I barely have time.

“The way I handle men now is pretty much the same way I handled men before I won the pageant. I have been a girl all through my life and I feel all girls get pressure from men. Like I said earlier, the organisation is very protective. So, they have in a way protected me from unnecessary exposure. If they feel an exposure is not good for me, they don’t let me experience it.”

She, however, admitted that winning Miss Nigeria was her turning point, as her life became better and her ideas became bigger than they used to be.

“The lowest point is learning how to be patient, especially with the environmental battle I’ve embarked on. It is very tough. We had a beach cleanup two weeks ago and before we finished cleaning up half of it, the other part which was already cleaned up had been messed up again. That was very frustrating, so it takes patience and passion for one to actually keep doing that.”

The beauty queen said she intends to complete her education once she is through with her reign.

“I don’t believe in starting up something when you are not ready for it. I believe you have to lay your bed properly before you lie on it. I have a couple of business ideas, but I have yet to make up my mind. I don’t feel bad that the spotlight will be off from me soon. I wish I could still hold on to it because once you’ve eaten sugar, you don’t want to stop. But don’t forget that if you keep eating sugar, you will get diabetes.

I think I have had my own share and I have gathered things I can tap from to become whoever I want to be. The wise thing for me is to grow and become a greater person. I am just looking forward to handing over to the next Miss Nigeria.”

Already the search for the next Miss Nigeria has begun and the organizers told Saturday Beats that even though the event was rested for about 20 years, it is here to stay.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/why-im-not-allowed-to-have-a-boyfriend-miss-nigeria/amp/

2 Shares

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by biacan(f): 6:18am On Nov 05, 2017
Don't let the organisation decide for you........ some men are very understanding and respectful if you come across a guy who truly loves you and he's ready to embrace what you in for please give him a chance

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by abclassic15(m): 6:23am On Nov 05, 2017
SO? watin concern us

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by rawpadgin(m): 6:37am On Nov 05, 2017
biacan:
Don't let the organisation decide for........ some men are very understanding and respectful if you come across a guy who truly loves you and he's ready to embrace what you in for please give him a chance
this was the problem I was having with my ex.......

These ladies thinks because a guy love em, so he should eat all the poo of this world

SMH

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 05, 2017
bullshit
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by biacan(f): 6:39am On Nov 05, 2017
rawpadgin:
this was the problem I was having with my ex.......

These ladies thinks because a guy love em, so he should eat all the poo of this world

SMH
shocked even you....?

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by rawpadgin(m): 6:42am On Nov 05, 2017
biacan:
shocked even you....?
yes, even me

4 Likes

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by greatmarshall(m): 6:43am On Nov 05, 2017
EHEN THEY WILL SHINE HER CONGO FOR ONE YEAR NOW... FOR NOW SHE CAN'T BE SHARED TILL AFTER ONE YEAR

10 Likes

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by biacan(f): 6:44am On Nov 05, 2017
rawpadgin:
yes, even me
I never knew you can be these disrespectful

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by rawpadgin(m): 6:57am On Nov 05, 2017
biacan:
I never knew you can be these disrespectful
here we go again

Wen u state the obvious truth they say u are being disrespectful

Women!

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 05, 2017
grin

There is more to life than all these rubbish

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by thesicilian: 7:10am On Nov 05, 2017
biacan:
Don't let the organisation decide for you........ some men are very understanding and respectful if you come across a guy who truly loves you and he's ready to embrace what you in for please give him a chance

Rules are there for a reason. The fact that you signed their forms means that you agree with all their rules, terms and conditions.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 05, 2017
I support the organization decision
If you are financially ok, you have no need for boyfriend
Boyfriends are for financial and sexual needs only!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Donjazzy12(m): 8:01am On Nov 05, 2017
ajaniepp:
Expectedly, beauty queens are not permitted to be in a relationship during their reign. Most of them claim they abide by that rule, including the current Miss Nigeria, Chioma Obiadi.

When Saturday Beats asked the young beauty queen how she has been able to cope with that, she said it was just a protective measure put in place for her to stay away from scandals and other “unnecessary things.”

She said, “One needs to be protected against scandals. Some of these scandals come from people who you are close to and trust. It is just a protective clause to help me to be better.”

According to her, it will be hard to keep a relationship as she has been overwhelmed with both her school’s activities and her role as Miss Nigeria. But then, the pretty girl said the clause has not hindered guys from stalking her.

She added, “I have stalkers. Every girl has a stalker, but I feel God has given us a way to handle it without hurting anyone. I was not even in a relationship before becoming Miss Nigeria. I have been jostling between school and Miss Nigeria, so I barely have time.

“The way I handle men now is pretty much the same way I handled men before I won the pageant. I have been a girl all through my life and I feel all girls get pressure from men. Like I said earlier, the organisation is very protective. So, they have in a way protected me from unnecessary exposure. If they feel an exposure is not good for me, they don’t let me experience it.”

She, however, admitted that winning Miss Nigeria was her turning point, as her life became better and her ideas became bigger than they used to be.

“The lowest point is learning how to be patient, especially with the environmental battle I’ve embarked on. It is very tough. We had a beach cleanup two weeks ago and before we finished cleaning up half of it, the other part which was already cleaned up had been messed up again. That was very frustrating, so it takes patience and passion for one to actually keep doing that.”

The beauty queen said she intends to complete her education once she is through with her reign.

“I don’t believe in starting up something when you are not ready for it. I believe you have to lay your bed properly before you lie on it. I have a couple of business ideas, but I have yet to make up my mind. I don’t feel bad that the spotlight will be off from me soon. I wish I could still hold on to it because once you’ve eaten sugar, you don’t want to stop. But don’t forget that if you keep eating sugar, you will get diabetes.

I think I have had my own share and I have gathered things I can tap from to become whoever I want to be. The wise thing for me is to grow and become a greater person. I am just looking forward to handing over to the next Miss Nigeria.”

Already the search for the next Miss Nigeria has begun and the organizers told Saturday Beats that even though the event was rested for about 20 years, it is here to stay.

Source:- http://www.exclusivepp.com.ng/miss-nigeria-not-allowed-boyfriend-heres/
She can't have s boyfriend but they are silent on whether she can have a girlfriend. This is exactly why lesbianism is so rampant

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Johnflowey1738(f): 8:10am On Nov 05, 2017
shocked
so only the organizers go De shine dis one kongo

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Here2day(m): 8:47am On Nov 05, 2017
grin OK.. Kúkú tell me if you sleep with Miss Nigeria, you have slept with the whole Nigeria! Wonders Shai neva end!

17 Likes

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by teebankz10(m): 8:51am On Nov 05, 2017
CEEcey:

agreed she's now financially OK,how about sexually??

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 05, 2017
Interesting
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by XXLDICK(m): 8:52am On Nov 05, 2017
Now I understand the correlation between beauty queens and cucumbers undecided

37 Likes

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Cutehector(m): 8:53am On Nov 05, 2017
Chidimma wey come be lesbian nko..
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by DrGill(m): 8:53am On Nov 05, 2017
CEEcey:

Choi...Such Shallow thinking... no wonder u women re considered as sex tools nd money mongers nd dis is someone's future wife oo

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by deepwater(f): 8:54am On Nov 05, 2017
Op when you are born into a royal home you become royal automatically. Association with commoners is frown at completely.

In this wise, That pussycat belongs to the organisers only for one year, non-members of the organising team are hereby forbidden to eat that pussy with immediate effect...

That pussy needs to be scattered with reckless abandon for 365 days firm with possible extension of 1 X 10 days or 2 X 14 days pro-rata basis as to be mutually agreed upon. Guess what?

The biatch always agree ! grin

Nothing more, nothing less

It's their work o undecided

I pity their boyfriends
After 365 days of continuous pussy community service, the "P" go don loose alignment comot remaining "ussy".

When the boyfriend see him babe ussy the year after him no go recognize am again.

Have u ever wondered why beauty queens become ugly after their reign? Na the same reason why all the ashewo for Nigeria have one particular look.

....Knacking Akpako unfettered

undecided

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 05, 2017
CEEcey:

Can you hear yourself? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 8:54am On Nov 05, 2017
B4 Him Put Magun Nd Organizers Can't Test Successfully
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 05, 2017
ajaniepp:

cc Leez

Name Checkers cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by dreh17(m): 8:55am On Nov 05, 2017
G
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by trustibk(m): 8:57am On Nov 05, 2017
I buy gift cards.
check my signature on how to contact me or my profile. .
a trial will convince you. .
Re: Miss Nigeria Is Not Allowed To Have A Boyfriend And Here’s Why by rosalieene(f): 8:57am On Nov 05, 2017
pretty girl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plus-Sized Woman Twerking At Oritsefemi's Wedding (Video) / Court Dissolves Paul Okoye And Anita's Marriage / Dolapo Badmus Weds On December 1st (Pre-Wedding Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.