Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? (17626 Views)

Why Do We Pray, Since God Already Knows Everything? / Why Do We Pray With Candle? / Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by harbjar(m): 10:41am On Nov 05, 2017
Zenithpeak:

Allah is not an Arabic interpretation of God......

Remember your common phrase in worship 'La'Illah..

Allah is a name of a pagan gods worshiped by the family of Muhammad before he invented Islam and I'llimported Allah into it as the supremo generalle.
Come and get schooled.... "La-illah" is different from Allah
Illah in arabic means god (take note of the small letter "g" as i am sure u understand english well)

La means No... La illah means there is no god
The full statement is La ilah[/b]a ill[b]allah
There is no god except Allah.... You also need to learn more

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by magzey: 10:41am On Nov 05, 2017
But JESUS Pray in the Name of God only his creator.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by websiteguru30: 10:42am On Nov 05, 2017
harbjar:

What were you reading....

Surah Al-Qamar, Verse 1:
اقْتَرَبَتِ السَّاعَةُ وَانشَقَّ الْقَمَرُ

The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad SAW to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon).

he showed them splitting of the moon....hahahahaha. my friend, prophet Muhammad did not performed any miracle; ask your Islamic father... Muhammad said Lord I dont know the way and ask God(Jesus) to show him the way but Jesus Christ said I am the WAY.. read your quran well.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by DeepSight(m): 10:43am On Nov 05, 2017
chyke4:
NOW U SHARRAP , Are u suppose to be here or Musilim section angry angry angry

Sharrap, I am warning you, sharrap, sharrap, sharrap.

Just sharrap, I am warning you again, sharapp, sharrap.

I am not a Muslim by the way.

If you persist on the path to perdition I will invoke an ancestral blood curse on your head tonight and we will feast on your blood and destiny tonght.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by uscofield: 10:43am On Nov 05, 2017
Someone should please differentiate these two names; 1. JESUS 2. JESUS CHRIST

Which of the two are we meant to pray to/through??
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by BenzEne1(m): 10:43am On Nov 05, 2017
Omooba77:

The Truth is that even Quran did not dispute the Power of Jesus.
I seek for knowledge and I have both English and Yoruba Quran; based on my understanding; you can enlighten me if Iam wrong sir; but check this:

The Quran declares the supremacy of Isa Al-Mash in Qs 4:171 by not only calling Him the Word of Allah, but a
Spirit from Allah as well. Isa Al-Masih is the voice of Allah. He was chosen to declare the will of God to man on earth. As God thinks, so Isa speaks. And by the Spirit from Allah, He performed miracles that only God can perform.

I usually wouldn't comment on a xtian thread since my brothers in Islam have made the Shahadah compulsory before you can comment on an Islamic thread (Please let the mods see to that). To your point tho, we believe Issah (A.S) i.e Jesus is Ruhullah (The spirit of Allah) manifested in Maryam. A virgin who knew no man prior to this. This was the miraculous conceiving of Issah. We believe he declared the will of Allah to man and left the injeel (gospel), to guide mankind. We however do not believe that he was God's begotten son or he is part of God as entailed in the trinity. He was a messrnger as any other messenger. He was mortal. He wasn't crucified but was raised bodily to heaven. And he will return to face and defeat the Anti Christ (Dajjal).

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by DeepSight(m): 10:44am On Nov 05, 2017
harbjar:

Come and get schooled.... "La-illah" is different from Allah
Illah in arabic means god (take note of the small letter "g" as i am sure u understand english well)

La means No... La illah means there is no god
The full statement is La ilah[/b]a ill[b]allah
There is no god except Allah.... You also need to learn more

Don't mind him

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by DeepSight(m): 10:45am On Nov 05, 2017
EnyiNdu:
Through him and only him lies our salvation and hope of eternity

Sharrap 18
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by iliyande(m): 10:45am On Nov 05, 2017
websiteguru30:

he showed them splitting of the moon....hahahahaha. my friend, prophet Muhammad did not performed any miracle; ask your Islamic father... Muhammad said Lord I dont know the way and ask God(Jesus) to show him the way but Jesus Christ said I am the WAY.. read your quran well.

grin
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 10:46am On Nov 05, 2017
having seen all the answers you've given to this question, a related and very important question is:

who should Christians pray to?

Jesus is said to be the mediator between God and man, hence our prayers are directed through him.
many today pray to Jesus, even Jesus himself taught us to pray to our father in the heavens. how can people pray to Jesus, in Jesus name?...
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by harbjar(m): 10:47am On Nov 05, 2017
websiteguru30:

Lol... Did you know that in the next verse after the one i quoted for u, the quran gave a reply to you.

Surah Al-Qamar, Verse 2:
وَإِن يَرَوْا آيَةً يُعْرِضُوا وَيَقُولُوا سِحْرٌ مُّسْتَمِرٌّ

And if they see a sign, they turn away, and say: "This is continuous magic."
Surah Al-Qamar, Verse 3:
وَكَذَّبُوا وَاتَّبَعُوا أَهْوَاءَهُمْ وَكُلُّ أَمْرٍ مُّسْتَقِرٌّ

They belied (the Verses of Allah, this Quran), and followed their own lusts. And every matter will be settled [according to the kind of deeds (for the doer of good deeds, his deeds will take him to Paradise, and similarly evil deeds will take their doers to Hell)].
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran
Am done with you..keep following ur blind believe

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by uscofield: 10:48am On Nov 05, 2017
BIBLESPEAKS:
having seen all the answers you've given to this question, a related and very important question is:

who should Christians pray to?

Jesus is said to be the mediator between God and man, hence our prayers are directed through him.
many today pray to Jesus, even she Jesus himself taught us to pray to our father in the heavens. how can people pray to Jesus, in Jesus name?...

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by DeepSight(m): 10:48am On Nov 05, 2017
BenzEne1:

I usually wouldn't comment on a xtian thread since my brothers in Islam have made the Shahadah compulsory before you can comment on an Islamic thread (Please let the mods see to that). To your point tho, we believe Issah (A.S) i.e Jesus is Ruhullah (The spirit of Allah) manifested in Maryam. A virgin who knew no man prior to this. This was the miraculous conceiving of Issah. We believe he declared the will of Allah to man and left the injeel (gospel), to guide mankind. We however do not believe that he was God's begotten son or he is part of God as entailed in the trinity. He was a messrnger as any other messenger. He was mortal. He wasn't crucified but was raised bodily to heaven. And he will return to face and defeat the Anti Christ (Dajjal).

I pray that one day your wife approaches you to tell you she is pregnant when you know you have not touched her.

When that blessed day comes, do not be enraged, but calmly recall the wonderful things the Holy Ghost is capable of in terms of impregnating women without their consent, ok?
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by LaughButton01(m): 10:49am On Nov 05, 2017
Jesus said " I am the way, the truth and the life. no man cometh unto the father except through me" because during his time he was the way to the Jews. and Isreal wasn't the only place in existence then. I am sure there was life in Africa, and maybe zazoom(made the name up) was the way to the people in some settlement in Africa by that time. and other messengers in different part of the world. or there was no way no truth or no life before Jesus came? sure there was. according to the Quran about 1000 messengers have been sent to the world and to their people alone. so I won't be surprised if orunmila was truly a messenger. but to all mankind was sent a particular prophet which is Prophet Muhammad. take it or leave it. think my people. think. and leave hatred. cuz hate till tomorrow it doesn't change anything. after Jesus. a thousand messengers had came and gone.
ask yourself. before Jesus came to the world who was the way?
Jesus the prophet of the Jews.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by websiteguru30: 10:51am On Nov 05, 2017
uscofield:

Jesus christ .
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by DeepSight(m): 10:52am On Nov 05, 2017
LaughButton01:
Jesus said " I am the way, the truth and the life. no man cometh unto the father except through me" because during his time he was the way to the Jews. and Isreal wasn't the only place in existence then. I am sure there was life in Africa, and maybe zazoom(made the name up) was the way to the people in some settlement in Africa by that time. and other messengers in different part of the world. or there was no way no truth or no life before Jesus came? sure there was. according to the Quran about 1000 messengers have been sent to the world and to their people alone. so I won't be surprised if orunmila was truly a messenger. but to all mankind was sent a particular prophet which is Prophet Muhammad. take it or leave it. think my people. think. and leave hatred. cuz hate till tomorrow it doesn't change anything. after Jesus. a thousand messengers had came and gone.
ask yourself. before Jesus came to the world who was the way?
Jesus the prophet of the Jews.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by DeepSight(m): 10:52am On Nov 05, 2017
websiteguru30:

Jesus christ .

Sharrap 19.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Adeoba10(m): 10:56am On Nov 05, 2017
Omooba77:

The Truth is that even Quran did not dispute the Power of Jesus.
I seek for knowledge and I have both English and Yoruba Quran; based on my understanding; you can enlighten me if Iam wrong sir; but check this:

The Quran declares the supremacy of Isa Al-Mash in Qs 4:171 by not only calling Him the Word of Allah, but a
Spirit from Allah as well. Isa Al-Masih is the voice of Allah. He was chosen to declare the will of God to man on earth. As God thinks, so Isa speaks. And by the Spirit from Allah, He performed miracles that only God can perform.
So you know this, and you decided to divert that honour from his (jesus) superior (God) to him (Jesus).
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by dmgr(m): 10:56am On Nov 05, 2017
free2ryhme:
Praying in Jesus’ name means praying with His authority and asking God the Father to act upon our prayers because we come in the name of His Son, Jesus.

Praying in Jesus' name means the same thing as praying according to the will of God, “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.

And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him” (1 John 5:14-15). Praying in Jesus’ name is praying for things that will honor and glorify Jesus.

well said...Happy Sunday to you
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by websiteguru30: 10:59am On Nov 05, 2017
DeepSight:

Sharrap 19.
Be heal in thy name of Jesus Christ.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by XTLikeNat777: 11:04am On Nov 05, 2017
harbjar:

No brother, you didnt quote the verse correctly and completely... Dont short circuit and pick the statements that suite your argument and leave the whole sentence
..firstly, we Muslims believe jesus was born through a virgin birth and the word in the Quran means "God said Be and he was" just as God said let there be light in the Bible and there was... Thats the WORD OF GOD MEANT IN QURAN... But it doesnt mean he is God or son of God because the likeness of the birth of jesus is like adam that has even has no father or mother or eve that has a father but no mother.. So whats extraordinary bout jesus then... If sure u must have seen this in the Quran since u claim u read it

Secondly: The quran was explicit bou the miracles performed by jesus that he did all those things by the power of God and not by his power just as jesus himself said in the bible that "I by the finger of God cast of devils and I by the power of God heal the sick" he also said "i cannot by own self do nothing but only what God grants'
Explicit statements in your bible, but nooo you throw away the words of Jesus but follow that of paul who wasnt even alive when was Jesus was on earth..
Jesus wasnt first and last of God's prophet to perform miracles, moses did, Muhammad did, noah did, so what do u mean by miracles that only God can perform.... Thats is blasphemy ..
Thirdly... The verse quoted above in which you removed alot of things and carved out what suited you is this

Surah An-Nisa, Verse 171:
يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ لَا تَغْلُوا فِي دِينِكُمْ وَلَا تَقُولُوا عَلَى اللَّهِ إِلَّا الْحَقَّ إِنَّمَا الْمَسِيحُ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ وَكَلِمَتُهُ أَلْقَاهَا إِلَىٰ مَرْيَمَ وَرُوحٌ مِّنْهُ فَآمِنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَلَا تَقُولُوا ثَلَاثَةٌ انتَهُوا خَيْرًا لَّكُمْ إِنَّمَا اللَّهُ إِلَٰهٌ وَاحِدٌ سُبْحَانَهُ أَن يَكُونَ لَهُ وَلَدٌ لَّهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَكَفَىٰ بِاللَّهِ وَكِيلًا

O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word, ("Be!" - and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Ruh) created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: "Three (trinity)!" Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is All-Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs....
Pls get informed

How I wish Muslims threads are thrown open for us Christians to contribute freely the way you do here!!! What do you think?
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by DeepSight(m): 11:08am On Nov 05, 2017
websiteguru30:

Be heal in thy name of Jesus Christ.

Sharrap or I will imvoke an ancestral curse on you.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by DeepSight(m): 11:09am On Nov 05, 2017
dmgr:

well said...Happy Sunday to you

Sharapp. 21
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by xangerar: 11:12am On Nov 05, 2017
And there is salvation in none other,for there is no other name under heaven, that is given among men by which we must be saved."

Acts of the Apostle 4: 12
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by websiteguru30: 11:15am On Nov 05, 2017
DeepSight:

Sharrap or I will imvoke an ancestral curse on you.
I am redeemed from every curse in Christ Jesus... I will b praying for you.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by funnix: 11:18am On Nov 05, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
harbjar:

No brother, you didnt quote the verse correctly and completely... Dont short circuit and pick the statements that suite your argument and leave the whole sentence
..firstly, we Muslims believe jesus was born through a virgin birth and the word in the Quran means "God said Be and he was" just as God said let there be light in the Bible and there was... Thats the WORD OF GOD MEANT IN QURAN... But it doesnt mean he is God or son of God because the likeness of the birth of jesus is like adam that has even has no father or mother or eve that has a father but no mother.. So whats extraordinary bout jesus then... If sure u must have seen this in the Quran since u claim u read it

Secondly: The quran was explicit bou the miracles performed by jesus that he did all those things by the power of God and not by his power just as jesus himself said in the bible that "I by the finger of God cast of devils and I by the power of God heal the sick" he also said "i cannot by own self do nothing but only what God grants'
Explicit statements in your bible, but nooo you throw away the words of Jesus but follow that of paul who wasnt even alive when was Jesus was on earth..
Jesus wasnt first and last of God's prophet to perform miracles, moses did, Muhammad did, noah did, so what do u mean by miracles that only God can perform.... Thats is blasphemy ..
Thirdly... The verse quoted above in which you removed alot of things and carved out what suited you is this

Surah An-Nisa, Verse 171:
يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ لَا تَغْلُوا فِي دِينِكُمْ وَلَا تَقُولُوا عَلَى اللَّهِ إِلَّا الْحَقَّ إِنَّمَا الْمَسِيحُ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ وَكَلِمَتُهُ أَلْقَاهَا إِلَىٰ مَرْيَمَ وَرُوحٌ مِّنْهُ فَآمِنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرُسُلِهِ وَلَا تَقُولُوا ثَلَاثَةٌ انتَهُوا خَيْرًا لَّكُمْ إِنَّمَا اللَّهُ إِلَٰهٌ وَاحِدٌ سُبْحَانَهُ أَن يَكُونَ لَهُ وَلَدٌ لَّهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَكَفَىٰ بِاللَّهِ وَكِيلًا

O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word, ("Be!" - and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Ruh) created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: "Three (trinity)!" Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is All-Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs....
Pls get informed

[color=#000099]wa she ire, jazakallahukhairan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by sodsak: 11:20am On Nov 05, 2017
Wont ur prayer be answered if u pray directly to God
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by brightalo17: 11:21am On Nov 05, 2017
Auki:
Pray only to God not Jesus. He who created Jesus and you.

Praying to Jesus or in Jesus name are the prayers unanswered.

And on the day of judgement you will be one of the greatest loser, hell will be the abode.

Are you this dumb? He asked why we pray only in Name of Jesus? You no give any answer all you did was to spew trash.smh

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Josh44s(m): 11:22am On Nov 05, 2017
Omooba77:
Why do Christians pray in Jesus name?
Jesus said whatsever you ask in my name shall be granted; John 14:12-14

Only u ask a question and only u answer am. Go for checkup

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by BenzEne1(m): 11:28am On Nov 05, 2017
DeepSight:

I pray that one day your wife approaches you to tell you she is pregnant when you know you have not touched her.

When that blessed day comes, do not be enraged, but calmly recall the wonderful things the Holy Ghost is capable of in terms of impregnating women without their consent, ok?

Did I say she was married. I dunno how you read Mr Atheist but I never said she was married. And her family of course banished her for they thought she was promiscuous. Every right thinking man would do that too. Please ehh, anytime you.want to have a laugh or share some atheistic sarcasm read the post before quoting. Auzubillah.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by hidhrhis(m): 11:30am On Nov 05, 2017
Omooba77:

The Hadith of Abu Hurariah (Sahih Bukhari 4:55:657) says, "... surely (Jesus), the son of Mary will soon descend amongst you and will judge mankind...”

the Quran says that Isa Al-Masih will be the sign of the judgment.
“And (Jesus ) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment)...” (Qs 43:61).
you are d one wo always cause trouble they are asking u why u pray in jesus name u are making reference with d quran simple question u cannot answer and dat shows u know nothing of ur religion proof it with ur own book not another person's book wise up
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Uhomanbulus110(f): 11:41am On Nov 05, 2017
The name is powerful above all names

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reason You Should Not Charge Your Phone In Church / How To Overcome Sexual Immoralities On Campus / Abortion: Don't Turn Murderer For A Man, Hand Over The Baby To Him Let Him Do It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.