Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,902 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? (17612 Views)

Why Do We Pray, Since God Already Knows Everything? / Why Do We Pray With Candle? / Why Do We Pray With Our Eyes Closed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Shanana1(m): 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2017
I pray dt God wil 4gve u 4 wot u said..its clear 2me dt u havent experience d mighty power of trinity(God d father, son & holy ghost) cos if u have u wil nt neva say dey dnt exist. u can't gv wot u dnt av nd u can't undastand aw God works..i just pray dt God shuld reveal himself 2u nd u will preach His gospel more dan Apostle paul cos he was once lyk u. peace be unto u.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by alBHAGDADI: 5:48pm On Nov 05, 2017
Yusman316:

Guy go do your home work. These books re attributed to him, but no one is actually sure he wrote all of them. Now the question is, if he didn't author some of these books, why re they carrying his name as the author? And what does that tell u about the authorship of the other books.
Those books were written by him as can be seen in the words and how he addressed things concerning himself.

If you say no one is sure he wrote those books, then perhaps the no one is you.

Your problem is that you find it difficult unlearning the things you have learned. That's why whenever you come across a glaring truth that contradicts your knowledge, you find it hard to accept it.

Now, many Islamic scholars claim Paul corrupted Christianity when he wrote those books in the new testament. That is an admittance to Paul writing the books. So, are we to believe you over them?

If you are the correct one, then it means all the Islamic clerics and scholars are all liars to have always said that Paul wrote those books which you say he didn't write.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by thorpido(m): 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2017
uscofield:
Someone should please differentiate these two names; 1. JESUS 2. JESUS CHRIST

Which of the two are we meant to pray to/through??
Christ means 'the Messaih','the anointed one'.
No difference in the two,the same.

Like uscofield and uscofield nairalander.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by alBHAGDADI: 5:54pm On Nov 05, 2017
LaughButton01:

that's a lie, pure lie. saying no messenger was sent to the world before Jesus is a lie. Allah says in the Quran "there had been no nation, except a messenger was sent to them" I don't know history much but you know, Noah was the way the truth and the life to his people, during his time and he was a messenger, and I'm sure thousand others, Moses was a messenger too.
How was Noah and Moses the way the truth and the life to the people of their time?

Did they give life to anyone for you to claim they were the LIFE?

DId they open their mouth to tell you they were the way?

LaughButton01:

now saying Muhammad was quoted to have said that is fable. Muhammad didn't speak in the Quran. as you read God said to him. "Qul" meaning "say" God told him to SAY not he himself. and every messenger of God like Jesus act based on order giving by Allah(God)
That verse I quoted was not from the Quran, but from an authentic hadith.

Except you want to use Al taquiya to deny the hadith.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by thorpido(m): 6:52pm On Nov 05, 2017
Yusman316:

Guy g o do your home work. These books re attributed to him,[b]ut no one is actually sure he wrote all of them.[/b]Now the question is, if he didn't author some of these books, why re they carrying his name as the author? And what does that tell u about the authorship of the other books.
If you say you are not sure he wrote the books,then why are you taking the position that he didn't author them?
Confused much? undecided
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by harbjar(m): 7:30pm On Nov 05, 2017
[quote author=specco post=62095817]

Sorry, Jesus was not created. He is God(John 1 vs 1-3). He only came to earth in a human form and was born(John 1 vs 10). He existed ever before then.[/quote
So God waa born into the world by a woman.... He couldnt come to the world just as bhe created adam.. No father and mother..
As mighty as he is needed to come to world as a baby.. Naked, sucking a woman breast to survive, depending on a woman to take care of him...
What nonsense are you making of God u these people... What kind of mockery is this....
So when jesus was praying while on earth and prayed who was he praying too..
According to your doctrine, he (jesus) while on cross said my God my God, why have you forsaken me.... Who was he referring to... Shebi he is God..
Jesus is no God, he never claimed divinity....
He said.. My father is greater than I
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by BankoleCruise(m): 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2017
some of this guys are just commenting rubbish. The Satan that has blindfolded you even recognize Jesus.
Lord open their eyes let them see.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Danladi7: 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2017
iliyande:
When you visit Christian thread to better your understanding of Christ, you will see Muhammadia/atheist quotes everywhere without sanity and Seun want us to bear it like that because we are the most patient beings on earth.
There is nothing like mohammadia.Its is muslim/Islam.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Danladi7: 9:10pm On Nov 05, 2017
websiteguru30:

he showed them splitting of the moon....hahahahaha. my friend, prophet Muhammad did not performed any miracle; ask your Islamic father... Muhammad said Lord I dont know the way and ask God(Jesus) to show him the way but Jesus Christ said I am the WAY.. read your quran well.
God(jesus) or. God(father of jesus)
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
Many reasons why we have to pray in Jesus name.

For God has highly exalted him after enduring the death of the cross. And God now gave him a name that is above every other name that in Jesus's name, every knee must bow n every tongue must confess that Jesus is Lord...

That no one cometh to the Father except through Jesus.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by captainbangz: 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2017
And He(JESUS) is the way; no one goeth to the Father except through Him.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Royal55: 9:59pm On Nov 05, 2017
this question must be from a muslim
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by ololadeking(m): 10:14pm On Nov 05, 2017
GodDeyCraze:
Because Jesus had no biological father(Bastard)

In fact the answer is in... John 14 vs 6
has too much of learning has made you mad?if you dont belive then stay clear off those who are convicted,dont just come here and start forming perfect when you life is on a line btw bad and worse.....alot of people have done this before you where are they bro life is vanity stop trying to act like its great cuz you only dont belive in God,fyi an athiest rejects 5000 religion while a others reject 4999,so everyman to his is own and dont act like you know all,pls you dont,gud night

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by ololadeking(m): 10:17pm On Nov 05, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Everything in your head will bow.
are you done talking?
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by sledge001(m): 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2017
Auki:
Pray only to God not Jesus. He who created Jesus and you.

Praying to Jesus or in Jesus name are the prayers unanswered.

And on the day of judgement you will be one of the greatest loser, hell will be the abode.
Dude, are you retarded?
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 05, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

Tsk, actually you are the most dumbest person have ever come across in my whole life,
well, everyday i use to hear the mosque around my house when praying saying "wo ola anabi wa Muhammad" during there prayer, wait or did you need your yoruba Muslim to translate that for you. So dumb, slave of nature.
who iz dis he goat with useless brain?Never u quote me again in ur entire useless lyf to avoid getting d greatest and shocking insult of ur lyf.dindirin oponu.useless animal being
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by ololadeking(m): 6:36am On Nov 06, 2017
GodDeyCraze:

Mr. Man, if life is vanity then why are you quoting me?
Why are you concerned, are you related to God abi na only you God/Dog create.
I'm a Christian and I have the right to insult my beloved God

Abeg learn to mind your business
but yu jumped on some else post try to show how foolish you are
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Geist(m): 6:43am On Nov 06, 2017
DeepSight:

Go and read the passage and tell me if Mary had a choice.

An Omnipotent power spoke a decree to her. That power did not negotiate with her or seek her permission.

At all events remember I am not seriously concerned with this topic. I regard it as a myth. Just fooling around in this thread bro. Bored.
Many of you think yourselves too different from the religious fanatics you criticize but you really aren't. Simple, oh I got that wrong. You're on about how you think the story is a myth. What's the relevance of that in this discussion
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by DeepSight(m): 6:58am On Nov 06, 2017
Geist:
Many of you think yourselves too different from the religious fanatics you criticize but you really aren't. Simple, oh I got that wrong. You're on about how you think the story is a myth. What's the relevance of that in this discussion

Ok. Mary consented so its not r.ape. I got that wrong. Happy now?

Perhaps its then regular consensual fornication between the Holy Ghost and her as they were not married, Abi.

Olodo.
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Geist(m): 7:10am On Nov 06, 2017
DeepSight:

Ok. Mary consented so its not r.ape. I got that wrong. Happy now?

Perhaps its then regular consensual fornication between the Holy Ghost and her as they were not married, Abi.

Olodo.
Yeah right, that your last straw. Isn't it? Curse, curse, curse away when you have no reasoable thing to say. Still proves my point, you aren't different from the religious fanatics screaming Jehovah up and down.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by DeepSight(m): 10:05am On Nov 06, 2017
Geist:
Yeah right, that your last straw. Isn't it? Curse, curse, curse away when you have no reasoable thing to say. Still proves my point, you aren't different from the religious fanatics screaming Jehovah up and down.

Heaven help me with this gentleman, why so uptight and sensitive? You cant recognize playful banter if it hit you in the face. Lighten up!

Okay you said its not r.ape as there was consent. No wahala. I concede. I say sorry, wetin still dey scratch you? It is now simply consensual s.ex abi? Holy spirit engaging in consensual s.ex with another man wife abi?

Look, I know your stress but dont take it out on me. I am not the one who invented these fantastic tales am i?
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Maamin(m): 11:44am On Nov 06, 2017
[quote author=harbjar post=62104699][/quote]

OK let me help you out here..

God = the Father
Jesus Christ = Son of God

God sent Jesus the Son to die on the cross for you and i.

You asked if Jesus is God?
Yes! A Son of God is God as well (authority might differ) but they are both God.

Who did Jesus prayed to while on earth?
Jesus prayed to God his father

Jesus said the Father is greater than I..
Yes! The Father is greater than Jesus Christ because he is the almighty God who put all authority under His son (Jesus Christ).
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by harbjar(m): 1:32pm On Nov 06, 2017
Maamin:

OK let me help you out here..

God = the Father
Jesus Christ = Son of God

God sent Jesus the Son to die on the cross for you and i.

You asked if Jesus is God?
Yes! A Son of God is God as well (authority might differ) but they are both God.

Who did Jesus prayed to while on earth?
Jesus prayed to God his father

Jesus said the Father is greater than I..
Yes! The Father is greater than Jesus Christ because he is the almighty God who put all authority under His son (Jesus Christ).
Basically what you have just is there are two Gods.... Jesus and his father(God)
I thought christainity was meant to be a monotheistic religion...
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Maamin(m): 2:49pm On Nov 06, 2017
harbjar:

Basically what you have just is there are two Gods.... Jesus and his father(God)
I thought christainity was meant to be a monotheistic religion...

Yes! If that is Your understanding I will roll with it. but God the Father is God over the Son and all there is in the universe. He is Almighty God. The one and only true God (one of a kind)...just ONE!
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by femi4: 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2017
Auki:
Pray only to God not Jesus. He who created Jesus and you.

Praying to Jesus or in Jesus name are the prayers unanswered.

And on the day of judgement you will be one of the greatest loser, hell will be the abode.
Jesus was not created
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by femi4: 5:59pm On Nov 06, 2017
uscofield:
Someone should please differentiate these two names; 1. JESUS 2. JESUS CHRIST

Which of the two are we meant to pray to/through??
They are the same, you can even go further and call him Jesus Christ of Nazareth like Peter and John did in Act 3:6
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by Lex11(m): 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2017
... because the Lord Jesus Christ is the only way... everything was created for Him, by Him... (John 1:2-1)

"For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,"
. - 1 Timothy 2:5

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by femi4: 6:15pm On Nov 06, 2017
don4real18:
If you have access to Buhari, why will you want to go through his son... Some things don't add up
If you have access to Buhari but Buhari insisted that you go through his son. #think

Mt 17:5

5While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”
Re: Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? by harbjar(m): 9:08pm On Nov 06, 2017
Maamin:

Yes! If that is Your understanding I will roll with it. but God the Father is God over the Son and all there is in the universe. He is Almighty God. The one and only true God (one of a kind)...just ONE!
Still doesn't make sense.... Well...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Celebrates His 59th Birthday / Midnight Back To Sender Prayer Points / Reason You Should Not Charge Your Phone In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.