Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met (32748 Views)

The Wife I Married As A Virgin Complained I Wasn’t Satisfying Her - Israel DMW / Julius Agwu Confirms Marriage Crash: ‘My Wife Said She Was Tired' / "I Wasn’t Nude" – Moyo Lawal Reacts To Her Viral Photoshoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by Dewalesblog(m): 7:45am On Nov 05, 2017
Singer, Oristefemi Majemite Ekele, otherwise known as Oristefemi, speaks with OLUSHOLA RICKETTS about his music career, controversies, finding a wife and why he is in support of one Nigeria

How did your recent tour go?

It was a world tour and it went well. I had the opportunity to visit places that I’d never travelled to and I also revisited some places. The essence of the tour was to export our music to other parts of the world. As we speak now, Afrobeat is now recognised all over the world. This is a good development for Nigeria as it shows that we are developing musically. I also advise all my colleagues to continue to look beyond Nigeria and Africa.

Why did you decide to hold your white wedding in Lagos unlike some of your colleagues who did theirs outside the country?

People who are very familiar with me know that I am a man of the people. Most of my fans and friends reside in Nigeria and I want them to be part of my special day.

How did you meet your wife?

I met her at a show in Nigeria. I had just returned from a tour in 2016 when I was hired by MultiChoice to perform at an event. When I was backstage with Daddy Showkey and other colleagues, she was the one attending to the needs of everyone. Despite her beauty, I also liked the way she related with the artistes at that event. I was far from her, so she didn’t notice I was observing her.

After my performance, they invited us upstairs for a certain Nabila Fash’s birthday. I didn’t really show interest because I was tired and I didn’t know she was the one. When I saw her pictures the following day, I wished I had attended the party. The event lasted for five days; we moved from one place the other. I knew she was a nice lady and I felt terrible that I didn’t honour her birthday invitation.

We later met backstage at the next day’s event. The first event was held in Port Harcourt while the other was in Enugu. I introduced myself to her and she did the same. From the outset, she knew I wanted something from her. She told me she was not my kind of person, but I should let her know what I wanted.

When I told her I wanted to marry her, she thought I was joking. She said she knew Oritsefemi’s music but didn’t know the person behind the music. She said she needed to know me more before she could say a word.

To cut the long story, she thinks I am down-to-earth regardless of the fame and she feels she can handle me. She had already taken her time to know me more before she started hearing negative things about me. All that she later heard didn’t change her perception of me.

How did a street boy get to convince an educated lady like her?

Most women are very intelligent. But I have always told God that among these intelligent ones, I need just one to stand by me for the rest of my life. I think she saw that I was sincere to her from the beginning. I am always truthful to her and she is always truthful to me.

Are you satisfied with the performance of your last album?

Inasmuch as I don’t want to praise myself, when it comes to the production of albums, people always embrace my albums. I prefer releasing albums than singles because I believe my music cuts across the country and some fans don’t listen to radio stations or have access to the Internet. All they do is buy albums.

Even before I drop an album, marketers always approach me. Though the sales of albums have dropped hugely in Nigeria, I still make money from it. You will always see my albums everywhere, even in traffic.

Apart from music, do you make money from other sources?

I am an entrepreneur, but I prefer to keep that side of me private. I believe some parts of me need to be kept secret. Already, people know a lot about me; I even think my name is bigger than me.

Is it true that you were evicted by your landlord?

Where are you right now? People believe most of these rumours because they don’t have a personal relationship with me. I’m always indoors except when I have a place to go. They only see me on stage or on their television screens. I can’t be telling the public everything about my life because I want to prove that I am not broke or that I was never evicted from my house. I feel the rumour emanated from people who are close to me. Everyone cannot be happy with you. Whenever I am with my friends, I try to advise them on how to move forward. They know that I don’t like to be static. I’m a competitive person; I want to be ahead all the time. So, if anyone wants to move with me, he must be ready to move whenever I am moving.

Do you still visit Quilox nightclub?

I have not been to Quilox since the fight I had with them. I don’t even plan to go there because I don’t want problems for myself. If anything happens to me at the club, people would ask why I went to a place where I’m not welcomed or wanted. I am as free as a bird, but I watch my steps too.

I am not just happy with the club. I don’t like it when you treat people differently because some are wealthy and the others are not. We should respect human beings because money goes and comes. The person who doesn’t have money today may have tomorrow, while the person who is rich today may be poor tomorrow. That is my philosophy.

They didn’t even show any remorse after they snatched my gold chain worth N8.5 million. I lost the chain that day. Till date, nobody from the club has talked to me about it. It will be a joke if I expect them to return the money, but at least, they should show me some respect.

I will always insist that what they did to me was totally wrong. They treated me as if I was a nobody and made me look like a terrible person. I didn’t take any legal actions because I don’t like trouble. Whether the management agrees with me or not, the club has lost its relevance and it is simply because of how lowly they treat customers.

Even God is not happy with what they did to me. I have challenged the club to upload the pictures of what they did to me, but they didn’t. I still insist that if they dare upload the footage, it is the end of the club.

http://punchng.com/my-wife-told-me-i-wasnt-her-type-when-we-met-oristefemi/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by Arthurwinner(m): 7:55am On Nov 05, 2017
with such hair u expect a woman to marry u........u don't look ready for settled life

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by Afrok(m): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2017
U weren't her type then, but later became her type? shocked... please I no wan hear stories that touches the "bum bum", all these talki-talki celebrities sef undecided.

Walks away...

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by Afrok(m): 8:05am On Nov 05, 2017
Arthurwinner:
with such hair u expect a woman to marry u........u don't look ready for settled life
yet he got married with the hair embarassed
Smh for some people cry

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by Arthurwinner(m): 8:10am On Nov 05, 2017
[quote author=Afrok post=62087064] yet he got married with the hair embarassed Smh for some people cry[/quotdnt
don't u diq' it yet.....
Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by Afrok(m): 8:16am On Nov 05, 2017
[quote author=Arthurwinner post=62087148][/quote] if I dig it... that means am supporting judging people immediately from their hairstyles whereas am rocking Afro undecided
Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by trustibk(m): 8:41am On Nov 05, 2017
I buy gift cards.
check my signature on how to contact me or my profile. .
a trial will convince you. .
Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by Kobicove(m): 10:32am On Nov 05, 2017
You will soon find out

Your only remedy is to continue releasing hit songs so that the money will keep rolling in, if you suddenly go broke you will have a very rude awakening bro undecided

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2017
Dewalesblog:
Oristefemi Ekele explained how he met his wife and how she turned him down at first. He explained this to Olushola Ricketts.

How did you meet your wife?

I met her at a show in Nigeria. I had just returned from a tour in 2016 when I was hired by MultiChoice to perform at an event. When I was backstage with Daddy Showkey and other colleagues, she was the one attending to the needs of everyone. Despite her beauty, I also liked the way she related with the artistes at that event. I was far from her, so she didn’t notice I was observing her.

After my performance, they invited us upstairs for a certain.....

Read more @ https://dewaleblog..com.ng/2017/11/my-wife-told-me-i-wasnt-her-type-when.html
Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by DIKEnaWAR: 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
Till your fame and fortune became her type.

She's gonna leave brother.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by hakeem4(m): 2:01pm On Nov 05, 2017
so her type of men are the ones with fame and money abi ?

7 Likes

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by Noblebrown7(m): 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2017
Lolz... It happens all d tym...
Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2017
I have a thing for girls who make that statement.

Six months down the line, they are already my ex-girlfriends.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by emeijeh(m): 2:03pm On Nov 05, 2017
Ohhhhhhhh
8.5m naira gold chain story again!

6 Likes

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 05, 2017
women are always confused

Augustap
Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by newoffer: 2:03pm On Nov 05, 2017
why is she looking like bobrisky from one corner

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by lrdval: 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
trustibk:
I buy gift cards.
check my signature on how to contact me or my profile. .
a trial will convince you. .
valchumzy@gmail.com ....email me
Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by Slayer2: 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
Mtchw that one na normal na. Women they always form at first, a whole you suppose know that one na femi abi you JJC for the matter undecided
Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by romeorailss: 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
A very pretty lady once hated my friend for his big head and just too dark in complexion like charcoal.

But today, she is madly in love with him all because he cracks jokes cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by dayleke: 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
News flash for you!!!

You still not her type....
She just dey manage you cos of the "recession".

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
Wont be suprised if dem born black pikin

3 Likes

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by wwwtortoise(m): 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
Women are complex; only a handful know what they really want.

2 Likes

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by free2ryhme: 2:07pm On Nov 05, 2017
Na when Una born we go know your pickin true colour

2 Likes

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by AverageAnnie(f): 2:07pm On Nov 05, 2017
Truly you weren't her type...she's just considering her age..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by biolex000008: 2:07pm On Nov 05, 2017
Arthurwinner:

abi ooo
Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 05, 2017
angry

5 Likes

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by englishmart(m): 2:09pm On Nov 05, 2017
that time, she was right

1 Like

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by Alonso91(m): 2:10pm On Nov 05, 2017
Women and lieing ar two jolly friends
Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by tosyne2much(m): 2:11pm On Nov 05, 2017
I still don't know why Oritse Femi doesn't dress like a "man" but like children, unlike Banky W, Dare Art Alade and Co.

2 Likes

Re: Oristefemi: My Wife Said I Wasn’t Her Type When We Met by Boyooosa(m): 2:12pm On Nov 05, 2017
Let him express his ONLY life, it is his life!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rihanna Flaunts Baby Bump At 2023 Met Gala (Video, Photos) / Usher Or 2Face Idibia: Who Do You Think Is Hotter? / Photos Of Dele Momodu And His Sons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.