Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,431 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:17 PM

Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas (20094 Views)

25 Signs Of A Fraudulent Real Estate Company And How To Avoid Them / My Experience With A Fraudulent Property Agent / For Your Property: How To Stop Your Gen Automatically By An ATS After Some Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by BecomeALandLord(m): 8:24am On Nov 05, 2017
Hello everyone, I want to share something with us today.

This is an occurrence I've noticed severally in my career path as a real estate consultant and it's like a bug that won't go away.
It has eaten too deep into the hearts of people, it's really so pathetic.

Now straight to the point.
I've noticed severally and on many occasions the fradulent attitude of Nigerians towards their relatives based overseers.
This needs to stop!

We all know that this money isn't easy to get.
Pity the way your relative abroad has to hustle under harsh conditions to make money and send it back home for projects such as to buy a land or a house in their names so that when they return, they can have a place to call their own and have peace of mind.

Then they transfer the money to their relatives here in Nigeria for this projects and instead of their relatives to help them make this investments here, on most occasions they use the money for their personal gain.

It's really not fair!

This attitude must stop.

I have a client based oversees, he was really interested in buying a landed property from my firm.
His brother is based in Lagos so he sent his brother for inspection and I took his brother to the site.
After seeing the site, they sent him pictures of the place.
He loved the place and sent them money to help close the deal.
You won't believe that instead of paying outrightly for the property his relatives only paid 5% worth of the property to our company account and shared the remaining 95% among themselves.

My client was more than disappointed. I put myself in his shoes and it wasn't funny.

He had to transfer the remaining 95% balance directly to my company account from his base oversees.
Then he told his folks to come to my office to pick up his documents and send it to him through DHL.

Now, whenever he wants to acquire a property, he doesn't pay money through his relatives anymore.
He pays directly to company account and then ask his folks to come and pick up the documents.

This kind of relatives is exactly what hinders most Nigerians based overseas from investing at home.
Not all relatives behaves like this though, but the ones that act like this should stop it with immediate effect.

Let's be our brothers keepers .....what goes around surely comes around.

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by BecomeALandLord(m): 8:31am On Nov 05, 2017
Don't let bad relatives stop you from investing at home.
There must always be a way.

It pays to invest in properties.

12 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by BecomeALandLord(m): 7:50pm On Nov 06, 2017
Invest in properties

4 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by hahn(m): 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2017
BecomeALandLord:
Invest in properties

Why don't you guys find a way to safe guard the documents on behalf of your clients or send it directly to the client via dhl?

What if these same relatives now decide to sell of the property with the documents they have in hand?

Personally I would never be able to trust such people ever again angry

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by BecomeALandLord(m): 6:35am On Nov 07, 2017
[quote][/quote]Lalasticlala, Seun
Move to front page please.
Let's help change people's orientation.
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 07, 2017
Interesting...its all about the relationship between brothers and sisters before crossing over the high sea in search for greener pasture.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 07, 2017
This shit happens always. Wicked relatives.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by idris4r83(m): 10:33am On Nov 07, 2017
Very bad attitude
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 07, 2017
Fvck that relative who tries this sh!t with mhe

i swear ur g.f's will wince in pain!

cool
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 07, 2017
smiley... that is Naija people for you...

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Flexherbal(m): 10:34am On Nov 07, 2017
Most of us are still doing the right thing
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by moscobabs(m): 10:34am On Nov 07, 2017
wink
Na Normal thing for naija

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Oluwaseyi00(m): 10:34am On Nov 07, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Okuda(m): 10:36am On Nov 07, 2017
Lol. If I am not dealing with my mother or grandmother forget it, the thing is, even before sending money to your relatives, you should already know the kind of people that they are. there is no way you cant know prior to sending them that money

26 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Adaumunocha(f): 10:36am On Nov 07, 2017
The best is to build for them and build yours.
Kill two birds with one stone.
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by RSVP: 10:36am On Nov 07, 2017
That's why some people detach demsef from relatives.. They would make you look bad & really stupid... I don't trust anyone when it involves money

1 Like

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by spacyzuma(m): 10:36am On Nov 07, 2017
Nigerians are the problem with Nigeria. SMH.

This selfish, demanding, entitled attitude that most Nigerians as a people have towards more-established, financially-strong relatives also reflects in our leaders.

Shameful!

9 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by miqos02(m): 10:37am On Nov 07, 2017
nice

I have good deals for you

see my signature
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by NwaAmaikpe: 10:37am On Nov 07, 2017
shocked

In the words of Nico Mbarga;

"Opportunity comes but once in this life...."

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Cruz40(m): 10:37am On Nov 07, 2017
Be ur Brother's keeper
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Lexusgs430: 10:37am On Nov 07, 2017
When opportunities come knocking, they take their chances......
Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 07, 2017
cool

2 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by LordKO(m): 10:37am On Nov 07, 2017
Enemies within are always the worst form of enemies. Maintain a confidential close relationship with a self-centered, greedy or covetous person at your own peril - attributes of opportunism personifies. Opportunism is evil. It's quite unfortunate that small-minded people do fail to understand that there's a difference between opportunity and opportunism, see them on this thread chorusing "Opportunity knocks only once." SMH.

8 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by MARKone(m): 10:38am On Nov 07, 2017
sad

8 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by Lexusgs430: 10:38am On Nov 07, 2017
Adaumunocha:
The best is to build for them and build yours.
Kill two birds with one stone.

Only one person to build 2 houses? For fear of been cornered?

Are you forgetting abroad, that person too might own one house.....

You wan kill this horse?

25 Likes

Re: Stop Your Fraudulent Attitude To Your Folks Based Overseas by theimmortals(m): 10:39am On Nov 07, 2017
Greed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Modern, Comfortable & Durable Fabric Sofa For Your Living Room (pic) / Hotel And House Furniture's / Fire Destroys House In Maryland, Lagos This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.