Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Professor Isaac Adewole Essay Competition: If I Were The Minister Of Health - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Professor Isaac Adewole Essay Competition: If I Were The Minister Of Health (1169 Views)

Tonye Cole: The Third Coronavirus Patient & I Were On The Same Flight / Persistent NHIS Crises Analysed By Health Minister Isaac Adewole / Isaac Adewole To JOHESU: Resume Or Be Declared As Having Absconded From Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Professor Isaac Adewole Essay Competition: If I Were The Minister Of Health by NCANpatroller: 1:21pm On Nov 05, 2017
Professor Isaac Adewole Essay Competition: If I Were The Minister Of Health.

The Office Of The National Director of Health, NANS Presents The PROFESSOR ISAAC FOLORUNSO ADEWOLE ESSAY COMPETITION

PRIZES:
-1st position #250,000
-2nd position #150,000
-3rd position. #100,000
-And other consolation prizes

*GUIDELINES:*
- Participants should be students of medicine,pharmacy,nursing,dentistry, medical laboratory science,radiography,physiotherapy, optometry, physiology,anatomy or any allied health science or technology undergoing undergraduate or post graduate study in any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- Essay  on "if i were the minister of health" should be between 1000-2000 words and submitted with name,school,registration number, email address and phone number in soft copy to the emails: 
1. prof.isaac.adewole.essay@gmail.com
2. nanshealthessay@gmail.com
- Deadline for submission is *4th* *December*, *2017*
- submission of soft copy,hard copy of essay should be addressed and mailed or submitted in person to the office of the National director of health, NANS, c/o office of provost, college of health sciences Nnamdi Azikiwe university, Nnewi, Anambra State, Nigeria.

Signed
Adebola Mercy Adeola
Secretary National directorate of health,NANS

Source. https://www.medicalworldnigeria.com/2017/11/professor-isaac-adewole-essay-competition-if-i-were-the-minister-of-health/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+medicalworldnigeria%2FVRlb+(Latest+Medical+Vacancy%2C+News+and+Events)#.Wf7vo2rS9xs
Re: Professor Isaac Adewole Essay Competition: If I Were The Minister Of Health by NCANpatroller: 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2017
If I were minister of health of nigeria. I ll go back to the roots. Reform needs to start from medical school. We are all aware of the limitations in Nigeria medical schools. Try to achieve as much as possible by instilling discipline in the trainers in medical school. Review curriculum with trainers to match WHO standards. Trainers have to do research as a must not as coauthors. They must actually conduct researches. I ll ensure grants and funds are available. Lackadaisical attitude of trainers are not acceptable. Trainer are the key to good products. You can't give what you don't have. Trainers teaching with outdated notes and ignorance of advancement in the practice of medicine and dentistry is unacceptable. Basics of the hippocratic oath must be imbibed by trainers and inculcated into their students. Trainers should teach and not victimise or exploit their students. Female students are exploited in medical school while male student victimise till they are emotionally broken. Olikoye ransome-kuti achieved a lot as a minister. I ll follow his template. Internship shouldn't be a challenge to the products of medical school but it is. A lot of consultants are situated in the teaching hospitals while rural general hospitals lack consultants. I ll ensure consultants produce productivity corresponding to their income. All consultants ll do rural posting. I will decongest the teaching and urban hospitals. Thereby creating more slots for internship. Transparency in disbursement of funds I ll ensure. Chief medical directors must play roles in hospital management. A lot of corruption exist in the upper echelon of hospital management. A lot of resources get wasted due to nonchalance of hospital management and staffs. MDCN should rise up to its mandate. Transparency in vetting schools and trainers. Abolish time wastage in processing doctors documents like annual licence, LOGS etc. Pay medical doctors what they are worth to curb brain drain. Pay all other allied health staffs what they are worth. End the dichotomy between doctors and other allied staffs once and for all. All hospitals generate money called IGR but get stolen. I ll ensure that stops. Every leakage must stop. Residency is a career path. I ll introduce reforms into the training. Primaries will be cancelled. Every post nysc doctor must have masters in any speciality to qualify. Criteria for selection will be qualification and motivation letter of each doctor. Primaries is hindering the best doctors from moving forward in their career. Ensure the best practice in private practice. No general practitioner ll perform surgeries like caesarian section, myomectomy etc. More importantly I need funding to achieve my purpose. I will raise funds from WHO, USAID, NGOs related to health, FG of nigeria, nigerian doctors in diaspora.
Thank you

(1) (Reply)

17 Surprising Health Benefits Of Lime To The Human Body / Chronic Gassiness / Herbal Remedy In Ekiti State (ado-ekiti)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.