Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1300458 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 27, 2018
Snow snow, go away...

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 7:59am On Feb 28, 2018
grin

Make I hear say my duvet nor be my paddy this period.

I only love my mum and my Bed
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by spacyzuma(m): 8:09am On Feb 28, 2018
View outside my flat this morning.

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:12am On Feb 28, 2018
Geetrix:
Snow snow, go away...

ah ahn, you don't want us to see your fine face grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 10:20am On Feb 28, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Face that we yaf see sef. grin

Uncle dinnor cover the smaller pic up there
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:43am On Feb 28, 2018
Inkredible:

Face that we yaf see sef. grin

Uncle dinnor cover the smaller pic up there

grin grin grin you sef! Investigator of Life! grin

Me that like tatafo, I was seriously looking for the photo you were talking about grin! I am not sure that's him in the smaller photo though, I think he was sending the photo to someone and screengrabbed it!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mutendiwashe(f): 10:49am On Feb 28, 2018
Frozen

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 28, 2018
Aphrodite007:

grin grin grin you sef! Investigator of Life! grin

Me that like tatafo, I was seriously looking for the photo you were talking about grin! I am not sure that's him in the smaller photo though, I think he was sending the photo to someone and screengrabbed it!
awon CIA

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 4:51pm On Feb 28, 2018
Mutendiwashe:
Frozen

If you need to keep warm, I'm around Newcastle... Uber will bring me around in few minutes cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 7:03pm On Feb 28, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

If you need to keep warm, I'm around Newcastle... Uber will bring me around in few minutes cool

Shots firing is allowed.

Anybody in "Westeros"? Me I wantu cuddle o. The cold yaf freeze my duvet.

Who else got a Red weather alert? cry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 7:12pm On Feb 28, 2018
Aphrodite007:

CIA, decipher this...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:28pm On Feb 28, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

grin grin you go fear toasting now!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:30pm On Feb 28, 2018
Geetrix:
CIA, decipher this...

Oshey bardest! cheesy wink Those girls are in trouble!

But which way with the eyeglass now?

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by reekay2000(m): 12:56pm On Mar 01, 2018
I noticed in the pictures, and in movies that many houses built in the UK use red bricks, which I always admire but same cannot be said in Nigeria ,WHY is that so?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2018
reekay2000:
I noticed in the pictures, and in movies that many houses built in the UK use red bricks, which I always admire but same cannot be said in Nigeria ,WHY is that so?

Why is that ....?

Why dont admire the house built with brick in Nigeria or why dont they build with red bricks in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2018
DisGuy:

Why is that ....?

Why dont admire the house built with brick in Nigeria or why dont they build with red bricks in Nigeria?

I noticed in Malta they built with bricks just like in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mutendiwashe(f): 11:21am On Mar 02, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

Well I am not in Newcastle but thank you for the offer i guess lol

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mutendiwashe(f): 11:24am On Mar 02, 2018
DisGuy:

Why is that ....?

using blocks is cheaper considering that Nigeria normally builds houses with larger rooms as well.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:19pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mutendiwashe:
Well I am not in Newcastle but thank you for the offer i guess lol
You are welcome....

Just so you know I can easily commute to anywhere within UK.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mutendiwashe(f): 3:28pm On Mar 02, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

You are welcome....

Just so you know I can easily commute to anywhere within UK.
On these slippery roads? Just for a cuddle? You are playing around now are you? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 3:39pm On Mar 02, 2018
Mutendiwashe:
On these slippery roads? Just for a cuddle? You are playing around now are you? cheesy

You'll be surprised what virile men will do to feel chesticles.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mutendiwashe(f): 3:52pm On Mar 02, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

You'll be surprised what virile men will do to feel chesticles.
Well all the best with that. I am sure they are a lot of lovely ladies close to you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by reekay2000(m): 7:05pm On Mar 02, 2018
why don't they build with red brick in Nigeria
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2018
reekay2000:

capacity and trend..once something is popular in Nigeria, you'll need god almighty himself to stop us doing it!

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 6:04pm On Mar 04, 2018
reekay2000:

Simply put as cost.. Hollow sandcrete is block is cheaper. I would also say weather determines alot because I can't imagine using hollow block with the weather.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 6:05pm On Mar 04, 2018
Mutendiwashe:

Na wa oo. Winter booty call of laif grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mumynoella(f): 10:25pm On Mar 05, 2018
fatima04:
My Visa experience was quite tough because I found out the whole application to be rigorous with repetition of information.

I applied for Tier 2 Main applicant, General partner and General child

Having to fill the form for a family of 3 no be small task, with the repetition of answers and all. Then now came paying for IHS surcharge, what was supposed to be for a yr payment turned to 3yrs for dependant £600 as against £200 for the main applicant.

Hurdle 2 booking appointment for 3 diff individual was tough for the same day ooo. To say I was frustrated was the least.

Then came the payment wahala. My access dorm card (visa) was not accepted I had to call UKVI and trust them to charge money for every call or mail for complaints and enquiries (UK makes too much from us immigrants oo)

Thanks to all that answered my question in d Visa thread.

Lesson learnt:
1. For families fill individual application with the same portal i.e apply for someone else tab
2. Use Gtbank Mastercard attached to your dorm acct
3. Book appt for same day from UK website but register as a group with TLS dt way you are being processed together
4. Fill all information as truthfully as you can and you won't have any problem
5. Pray and make sure there are no mistakes with your documents

The application is really easy once you follow the rules to the letter.

P.S :- NARIC services is good and I did not have to write ilets for UKVI

Hi sis can u enlighten me more on how to use naric services?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:29pm On Mar 06, 2018
You need 3 things, copy of ur transcript, certificate and a letter from your school stating the medium of instruction.

It's quite easy just make sure everything u scan is very clear not to waste time. The only issue that u will get is with the tracking and our post office wahala.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mumynoella(f): 9:11am On Mar 08, 2018
fatima04:
You need 3 things, copy of ur transcript, certificate and a letter from your school stating the medium of instruction.

It's quite easy just make sure everything u scan is very clear not to waste time. The only issue that u will get is with the tracking and our post office wahala.

Thanks sis , i think its a better route to writing ielts twice because i already have used one result for nmc registration, one more question how long is it valid for?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 1:51pm On Mar 08, 2018
mumynoella:

Thanks sis , i think its a better route to writing ielts twice because i already have used one result for nmc registration, one more question how long is it valid for?
For life
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 1:47am On Mar 09, 2018
[quote author=mumynoella post=65658162]

Thanks sis , i think its a better route to writing ielts twice because i already have used one result for nmc registration, one more question how long is it valid for?[/quote

It doesnt expire and also I think it's cheager now nd an ielts UKVI dt u need to take. Dt one is 97k
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:52pm On Mar 09, 2018
Pls house suggestion on where to get sweet bread like naija been trying some but not getting na salty bread I dey get.

And also why is everything quoted or made with bacon or pork now?? You see sth looking attractive, u buy and den discover u can't eat grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.