Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1301482 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Shawtykel: 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
RalphJean:

My son was born December 2014
I came to the UK on a T4 Visa in November 2016.
My wife joined me in June 2017 (left the 3year old son with grandma).
Wife got a job an we saved enough to have the maintenance money for a dependant.
Applied for Son in January 2018.

Summary:
Me, wife, son have been here. We are gathering money now to apply for daughter (aged 10).

At no point did anyone ever ask why we were leaving the children.

But ...wait a minute. Did I read that your hubby’s T4 Visa is for only 1 year?

Wow!! Thanks a lot for this..
I'll pm you should I need more info concerning this
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Shawtykel: 9:20pm On Feb 18, 2019
marylandcakes:

I understand where you are coming from, but your statements come more from your heart and more from an emotional point of view. Sometimes we have to strip out the emotions and make practical decisions based on the reality of the situations.

I don’t know much about rules of visa applications that’s why I don’t contribute much to it, but this lady says that money is a limiting factor at the present time now, she has to join her husband to help and then bring her baby later. Some people on this thread have already advised that there will be no problem in bringing her baby later. I’m sure this lady, as a mother already feels bad enough, you don’t have to make her feel worst than she already feels. In her mind this is the sacrifice that she has got to make now for a better future for that baby. In years to come when she tells her child the story of her sacrifice, that child will thank her, adore her and look up to her. Cos like most people have said on this thread it’s a heartbreaking decision for any parent to make.

This really touched me and got me in tears � �
God bless you plenty @marylandcakes

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:11pm On Feb 18, 2019
DaveChapelle:

Was test driving the Car, scratched it, so had to buy it innit!
grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:20pm On Feb 18, 2019
DaveChapelle:

Nice...don't have to pay those silly visa fees. I guess this means when i get my ILR i can help madam too right?
That will be difficult as you will have a lot of explanation to do. The only thing that may help be based on 'family life' or 'private life'.
Crime is one of the grounds for refusal but may be mitigated by the children being citizens.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 10:46pm On Feb 18, 2019
justwise:

Those thugs in street of London stabbing each other to death daily all have British passport of PR still hundreds are 6fit down now and one thing lacking is parental responsibility.

It's not as simplistic as that, and I have had this debate with colleagues in the past. The stabbings and violence amongst some young black men in London is linked to social deprivation and systemic discrimination, and several studies have been done to showcase this. When this trend of violence and stabbings was prevalent in Glasgow years ago amongst white youths, no one blamed their parents for it.

We will be threading on dangerous waters if we start blaming parents for the actions of their kids, it's not as simplistic as it sounds. There are much deeper factors at play here.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 11:23pm On Feb 18, 2019
dustydee:

That will be difficult as you will have a lot of explanation to do. The only thing that may help be based on 'family life' or 'private life'.
Crime is one of the grounds for refusal but may be mitigated by the children being citizens.

what do youmean by crime?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 11:34pm On Feb 18, 2019
DaveChapelle:

what do youmean by crime?

an action or omission which constitutes an offence and is punishable by law.
This includes stealing, rape, murder, assault, overstaying visa, battery, affray, reckless driving, street racing etc.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:44am On Feb 19, 2019
claremont:

It's not as simplistic as that, and I have had this debate with colleagues in the past. The stabbings and violence amongst some young black men in London is linked to social deprivation and systemic discrimination, and several studies have been done to showcase this. When this trend of violence and stabbings was prevalent in Glasgow years ago amongst white youths, no one blamed their parents for it.

We will be threading on dangerous waters if we start blaming parents for the actions of their kids, it's not as simplistic as it sounds. There are much deeper factors at play here.

This sort of blame shifting is exactly why this daily senseless killing is still going on. This is blacks killing blacks, this is not the case of young blacks going out to demonstrate about deprivation and discrimination.

Why is this senseless killings not common among Asians? Asians not discriminated against?

Any areas a large number of blacks move in violent crime goes up, gang related crimes go up infrastructures destroyed.

When blacks are killing blacks black lives doesn't matter but if a white man was involved then black life matters.

We keep lying to yourselves why blaming others.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:29am On Feb 19, 2019
justwise:

Any areas a large number of blacks move in violent crime goes up, gang related crimes go up infrastructures destroyed.

This i wonder why..... not just Uk but this can be noticed worldwide.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:14am On Feb 19, 2019
DaveChapelle:

Was test driving the Car, scratched it, so had to buy it innit!

Lol, congratulations make sure you insure it well aalso oo. Invite us for the naming ceremony

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 9:16am On Feb 19, 2019
You guys are just the best. Someone will ask a question and you’ll really answer fast, even though another person was tagged. God bless you all plenty. Oya chop kiss kiss

Cc Lexus
Cc lagosismyhome
Cc sutelk

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 9:17am On Feb 19, 2019
fatima04:

Lol, congratulations make sure you insure it well aalso oo. Invite us for the naming ceremony

grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:37am On Feb 19, 2019
dustydee:

This includes stealing, rape, murder, assault, overstaying visa, battery, affray, reckless driving, street racing etc.

you mean when am ready to switch to ILR? Does this include speeding fine?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 11:17am On Feb 19, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxVnM9XjrqQ

claremont:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 11:26am On Feb 19, 2019
Where are the fathers of these young black boys? Most of these boys are of Nigerian descent.

They all live in places where there is 24/7 electricity, water, gas, transportation. Education and health provided by the government. These are things which are not provided adequately in Nigeria where their parents or grandparents came from. Yet in Nigeria, poor young boys are not stabbing themselves to death. Instead in Nigeria, poor young boys without connections are competing to get the best academic results so as to get into a Federal University which will enable them either get a job or relocate abroad for a master's in order to lift their siblings and family from poverty.

The young black boys in the UK have no excuse. Not a single one.

claremont:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 11:31am On Feb 19, 2019
Join me in thanking Baba God in heaven. Visa application for my wife and boy was successful. They got their visas today after 10 working days, just standard application.
Come oh, those people stamp no sportsman for my boy visa angry They are joking, tell them the Chelsea Messiah is coming, those Manchester people can't continue to do us anyhow.
Serious question, when can I start chopping that maintenance funds? I'm tired of looking at money in my account that I can't use, and I never buy pot.

15 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 11:53am On Feb 19, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by EngrSaks(m): 11:56am On Feb 19, 2019
sutelk:
Join me in thanking Baba God in heaven. Visa application for my wife and boy was successful. They got their visas today after 10 working days, just standard application.
Come oh, those people stamp no sportsman for my boy visa angry They are joking, tell them the Chelsea Messiah is coming, those Manchester people can't continue to do us anyhow.
Serious question, when can I start chopping that maintenance funds? I'm tired of looking at money in my account that I can't use, and I never buy pot.

Congratulations
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 12:10pm On Feb 19, 2019
DaveChapelle:

you mean when am ready to switch to ILR? Does this include speeding fine?
I think it depends on the speed. I am not sure but the fact that it was a fine and not jail most likely means it may not count. You may have to check online. Speeding get levels.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nomad26: 12:17pm On Feb 19, 2019
Congratulations! Lol you can chop it now sef cheesy
sutelk:
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 4:06pm On Feb 19, 2019
nomad26:
Congratulations! Lol you can chop it now sef cheesy
Are you serious? Wontvthey be any checks for maintenancev funds at the airport?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 4:53pm On Feb 19, 2019
sutelk:

Congratulations, don't worry before just wait small till you all get ILR then they would know dt messiah is here grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2019
sutelk:

I doubt there would be since they now have a work visa not visiting. But to be on the safe side no chop am yet oo.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nomad26: 4:56pm On Feb 19, 2019
I have never heard any case of that happening.
sutelk:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Shanzzy(f): 6:07pm On Feb 19, 2019
I have been granted tier 4 visa.Please i want to know if my son can get free school? I mean the 15 hours free per week for 3 years old, he will be 4 years soon. I asked the school they said i have to be in uk before they can answer me.please i need help.Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by brideofchukky: 6:10pm On Feb 19, 2019
sutelk:

Thank God, and a big Congratulations sir.
Could you please share your timeline and the supporting documents presented please? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:53pm On Feb 19, 2019
Shanzzy:
I have been granted tier 4 visa.Please i want to know if my son can get free school? I mean the 15 hours free per week for 3 years old, he will be 4 years soon. I asked the school they said i have to be in uk before they can answer me.please i need help.Thanks.

When will he be 4

Yes all children over 3 should qualify for 15hours. But 30 hours no for student visa as that will be classified as public funds.

After 4 when he starts school that covers all children regardless of parent status

For 30 hours Read not eligible section for visa type
https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare

For 15hours there no exception based on visa type
https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/free-childcare-and-education-for-2-to-4-year-olds
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Shanzzy(f): 8:19pm On Feb 19, 2019
Thanks he will be 4 years by july.
LagosismyHome:

When will he be 4

Yes all children over 3 should qualify for 15hours. But 30 hours no for student visa as that will be classified as public funds.

After 4 when he starts school that covers all children regardless of parent status

For 30 hours Read not eligible section for visa type
https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare

For 15hours there no exception based on visa type
https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/free-childcare-and-education-for-2-to-4-year-olds
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sutelk: 9:29pm On Feb 19, 2019
brideofchukky:

Thank God, and a big Congratulations sir.
Could you please share your timeline and the supporting documents presented please? Thank you.
Online Application: January 25
Biometrics: February 1st, Prime time Ikeja.
Decision made; February 18
Passport collected February 19.
Documents:
Scanned copies of 90 day bank statement with a minimum balance of %£1260(for wife and son)
TB certificate for wife and kid
Scanned copies of my brp, passport and visa
Criminal record certificate for wife
Marriage certificate
Son's birth certificate
Letters of consent by and wife for my kid.
Hope this is useful.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by brideofchukky: 10:16pm On Feb 19, 2019
sutelk:

Online Application: January 25
Biometrics: February 1st, Prime time Ikeja.
Decision made; February 18
Passport collected February 19.
Documents:
Scanned copies of 90 day bank statement with a minimum balance of %£1260(for wife and son)
TB certificate for wife and kid
Scanned copies of my brp, passport and visa
Criminal record certificate for wife
Marriage certificate
Son's birth certificate
Letters of consent by and wife for my kid.
Hope this is useful.

Very helpful, thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Buzo10: 10:40am On Feb 20, 2019
I currently have an unconditional offer of admission for a master's programme at a UK University to start September 2019. I would like to know if IELTS certificate is requisite for tier 4 visa application. Help please!
Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by captainhoo: 3:23pm On Feb 20, 2019
Buzo10:
I currently have an unconditional offer of admission for a master's programme at a UK University to start September 2019. I would like to know if IELTS certificate is requisite for tier 4 visa application. Help please!
Thanks.

Contact your school to know whether you have to write or not. It is not a one size fits all. In my opinion, if it's unconditional, you don't need to write but contact your school first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.