Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (170) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1301495 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:27pm On May 30, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Ahhh fear God ooo grin. Abeg when did i say this; You conclusively said a "boy is a liability without a father" without such clause/situations.

Lol, bros d be bros abeg sorry oo. That's part if where it started from ni. No vex
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:48pm On May 30, 2019
fatima04:

Lol, bros d be bros abeg sorry oo. That's part if where it started from ni. No vex

Second offence .... i am a female oo grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by inagbe1: 8:53pm On May 30, 2019
Good evening my people, please does anyone know the immigration pathway for Pharmacists to the UK.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 11:17pm On May 30, 2019
inagbe1:
Good evening my people, please does anyone know the immigration pathway for Pharmacists to the UK.

Do the OSPAP conversion course with a Tier 4 visa, convert to a suitable visa for the 1 year pre-registration training, undergo and pass the GPhC registration assessment. You will then have companies falling over themselves to offer you a contract with visa sponsorship. At this point, aim to negotiate a relocation and sign-on bonus separate from your salary. When added all together, you should be looking at circa £70,000/year as a registered pharmacist.

The whole qualification process should take a minimum of 2 years i.e on assumption you pass all the assessments first time, most people don't. You only have 3 attempts at the GPhC assessment, if you fail it the third time, you have wasted all your time and money and can no longer be registered as a pharmacist in the UK. I'm yet to meet a Nigerian who has failed it the third time though.

Good luck.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by salford1: 1:30am On May 31, 2019
claremont:

Do the OSPAP conversion course with a Tier 4 visa, convert to a suitable visa for the 1 year pre-registration training, undergo and pass the GPhC registration assessment. You will then have companies falling over themselves to offer you a contract with visa sponsorship. At this point, aim to negotiate a relocation and sign-on bonus separate from your salary. When added all together, you should be looking at circa £70,000/year as a registered pharmacist.

The whole qualification process should take a minimum of 2 years i.e on assumption you pass all the assessments first time, most people don't. You only have 3 attempts at the GPhC assessment, if you fail it the third time, you have wasted all your time and money and can no longer be registered as a pharmacist in the UK. I'm yet to meet a Nigerian who has failed it the third time though.

Good luck.
Do Pharms actually make up to that in the UK? That's good money.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tinkybabe(f): 3:54am On May 31, 2019
salford1:

Do Pharms actually make up to that in the UK? That's good money.

Not really. Unless they are managers of really busy stores or covering very long hours.

The pay is no longer what it used to be.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tinkybabe(f): 3:55am On May 31, 2019
claremont:

Good luck.

Are you a pharmacist Claremont?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by inagbe1: 4:47am On May 31, 2019
claremont:

Do the OSPAP conversion course with a Tier 4 visa, convert to a suitable visa for the 1 year pre-registration training, undergo and pass the GPhC registration assessment. You will then have companies falling over themselves to offer you a contract with visa sponsorship. At this point, aim to negotiate a relocation and sign-on bonus separate from your salary. When added all together, you should be looking at circa £70,000/year as a registered pharmacist.Thank you very much ,may God bless you.

Good luck.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:09am On May 31, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Second offence .... i am a female oo grin

Lol, I knew I was making an error in that post.. i deserve a fine grin grin. So sorry my sister.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Adayoung(f): 9:01am On May 31, 2019
claremont:

Good luck.
Hi, what about someone that studied pharmacology?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nomad26: 10:07am On Jun 02, 2019
Jay-Jay Okocha facing charges in Aberdeen, this one is a curious something https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/court/football-legend-jay-jay-okocha-in-aberdeen-court-on-money-laundering-charges/
I like how they introduced him as football legend sha, I have fond memories of his time at Bolton, this man can dribble people's lives away lol
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 03, 2019
I actually love the potus tweet to the mayor of London.
The crime rate in London is escalating by the day. London is a place I cannot live no matter the incentives. Reminds me of Johannesburg.
Add Manchester too.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2019
sassysure:
The crime rate in London is escalating by the day. London is a place I cannot live no matter the incentives. Reminds me of Johannesburg.
Add Manchester too.

Homicide is on the increase. Crime rate is decreasing.

London to be honest is safe apart from the obvious headlines crime news basically affects a specific age group or demographic
Let me guess you will live in Lagos because there's no stats to crime or murder rate being monitored or perhaps Potus' Chicago or any of his many states that have adopted kill first and get sick pay until you're cleared to all its police officers

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:10pm On Jun 03, 2019
Kahn is not going to be re - elected........ He better enjoys whatever he has to enjoy @CityHall........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:26am On Jun 04, 2019
Imagine going in for an xray, while awaiting xray review....... You are reviewed by the Metropolitan Police.......

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:10am On Jun 04, 2019
sassysure:
Add Manchester too.

Trump is a disgrace honestly and the US will struggle to recover when he leaves office.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:56am On Jun 04, 2019
justwise:

Trump is a disgrace honestly and the US will struggle to recover when he leaves office.

Trump is a politicians nightmare.... I love his ways of modern politicking.

He tries to achieve contents on his manifesto, as opposed to others, that simply get in and move the goalpost......

He speaks and tweets his mind...... What is not to like about such a president..............

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by 7Alexandre: 9:33am On Jun 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

He tries to achieve contents on his manifesto, as opposed to others, that simply get in and move the goalpost......

He speaks and tweets his mind...... What is not to like about such a president..............

Are you sure about that?

President Barack Obama achieved so much more during his First Term as President of the United States when compared to President Donald J Trump:

Some of President Donald J Trump promises made & promises broken includes:

(A)Build the wall and Mexico will pay for it

(B)I’m going to replace Obamacare with something much cheaper and better

(C)As soon as I am not under audit I’m going to release my tax returns

(D)We will have an infrastructure bill passed and start working on it in the first six months of my presidency

(E)I’ll negotiate such a good deal with China you’ll get tired of all the winnings

(F)We will have a peace treaty with N. Korea as soon as I meet with little rocket man

(G)I’ll negotiate a better deal with Iran in six months

Lots of agenda items lol

Bet if I try I can come up with more.

His only signature accomplishment is his Tax Reform Bill which didn't have any significant effect on my Baseline income...

I have lived in the United States since 2012 & I always get a Tax Refund Check ranging from $1,500 - $2,500 whenever I file my taxes...

This is the first time ever that I wouldn't be getting any Tax Refund Check rather the Internal Revenue Service informed me by letter that I owe about $2,500 in Federal Income Taxes which is as a result of President Donald J Trump Tax Reform Bill...

The only Beneficiaries of his Tax Reform Bill are Millionaires & Billionaires who got a Permanent Tax Breaks while Middle Class Families in America got Temporary Tax Breaks...

President Donald J Trump will not be getting my vote on November 3rd, 2020...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:36am On Jun 04, 2019
7Alexandre:

Are you sure about that?

President Barack Obama achieved so much more during his First Term as President of the United States when compared to President Donald J Trump:

Some of President Donald J Trump promises made & promises broken includes:

(A)Build the wall and Mexico will pay for it

(B)I’m going to replace Obamacare with something much cheaper and better

(C)As soon as I am not under audit I’m going to release my tax returns

(D)We will have an infrastructure bill passed and start working on it in the first six months of MT presidency

(E)I’ll negotiate such a good deal with China you’ll get tired of all the winnings

(F)We will have a peace treaty with N. Korea as soon as I meet with little rocket man

(G)I’ll negotiate a better deal with Iran in six months

Lots of agenda items lol

Bet if I try I can come up with more.

His only signature accomplishment is his Tax Reform Bill which didn't have any significant effect on my Baseline income...

I have lived in the United States since 2012 & I always get a Tax Refund Check ranging from $1,500 - $2,500 whenever I file my taxes...

This is the first time ever that I wouldn't be getting any Tax Refund Check rather the Internal Revenue Service informed me by letter that I owe about $2,500 in Federal Income Taxes which is a result of President Donald J Trump Tax Reform Bill...

The only Beneficiaries of his Tax Reform Bill are Millionaires & Billionaires who got a Permanent Tax Breaks while Middle Class Families in America got Temporary Tax Breaks...

President Donald J Trump will not be getting my vote on November 3rd, 2020...

Keyword - ' He tries to achieve'...... External clogs are blocking his wheels from turning.......

Donald is surely winning a 2nd term in office..........

MAGA - Mexicans Are Getting Across...........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by 7Alexandre: 9:42am On Jun 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Keyword - ' He tries to achieve'...... External clogs are blocking his wheels from turning.......

Nothing like trying to achieve...

Either you're gonna get it done or not...

President Donald J trump thinks running a country is the same as running a business...

He wants to have his way every time...

Life doesn't work that way...

Part of being a President is reaching across the aisle & working with the opposition to accomplish your agenda both Former President Clinton & Barack Obama did the same thing...

So far he has shown that he's unwilling to work with house democrats to move the country forward rather he is more focused on erasing Former President Barack Obama Legacy...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by 7Alexandre: 9:47am On Jun 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

If Joe Biden is the Democratic Nominee, President Donald J Trump will not be returning to the white house in 2020...

The Path to the White House runs through the Midwestern States of Wisconsin, Michigan & Pennsylvania...

President Barack Obama won all three states both in 2008 & 2012...

If Joe Biden wins all three states then there isn't any other realistic path to the Presidency for Donald J Trump...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by oluayebenz: 9:48am On Jun 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Who be this one nah

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 9:49am On Jun 04, 2019
7Alexandre:

Nothing like trying to achieve...

Either you're gonna get it done or not...

President Donald J trump thinks running a country is the same as running a business...

He wants to have his way every time...

Life doesn't work that way...

Part of being a President is reaching across the aisle & working with the opposition to accomplish your agenda both Former President Clinton & Barack Obama did the same thing...

So far he has shown that he's unwilling to work with house democrats to move the country forward rather he is more focused on erasing Former President Barack Obama Legacy...

He couldn't even run a business with the money given to him by his parents, he has filed for so many bankruptcies. He is a big joke and an embarrassment to the American people.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by 7Alexandre: 9:51am On Jun 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

What most people fail to realize was that President Barack Obama actions was frustrated & blocked by the Republicans led House & Senate...

Even House Leader Mitch McConnell said & I quote “My number priority is to make President Barack Obama a one term President”

President Barack Obama didn’t have any other option but to use Executive Decision to push through his landmark Signature Accomplishments...

President Barack Obama Accomplishment on Immigration:

A) The Marvin Program: I know a lot of people even personally here from Nairaland who joined the United States Military & immediately became U.S. Citizens within 6 months to 1 year...

B) DACA Program: This is mainly for undocumented immigrants who where brought to the United States as kids. A lot of Mexicans & Spanish people benefited immensely from this program...

C) TPS Program: This is mainly for individuals from worn torn countries & areas of natural disasters like Earthquake i.e. Haiti & Sudan

Now ask yourself what has President Donald J Trump done for people in Regards to immigration absolutely nothing...

There’s a reason he is known as destroyer in chief

A) He signed a Legislation effectively banning foreign nationals from seven predominantly Muslim Countries from entering the United States

B) He wants to rescind & eliminate the Obama era DACA Program

C) He also wants to rescind & eliminate the Obama era TPS Program
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by 7Alexandre: 9:53am On Jun 04, 2019
Even when it comes to the economy, President Donald J Trump is simply taking credit for the Great Economy left by Former President Barack Obama & Former Chairman of the Federal Reserve Ben Bernanke

Former President Barack Obama inherited a worst economy from Former President W. Bush but was able to turn the economy around during his 8 year tenure as President of the United States including overseeing the Great Recession in 2008...

By the time, he left office the Economy of the United States was definitely in the right trajectory...

It’s very funny when I listen to folks make mention that President Donald J Trump has done more for Blacks than Former President Barack Obama did during his 8 year stint as the President of the United States...

That simply shows me that most people are unable to make an independent research for themselves & can easily be brainwashed...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:58am On Jun 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Is that a joke?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Dexter07: 10:13am On Jun 04, 2019
Pls urgent Info needed,

My current tier 2 COS/VISA expires in 2 months and I have found an employer ready to issue me another COS for another tier 2 visa.
My question is - Will I be applying for a new tier 2 application or extending current application?
(2) Do I need evidence of English language?, TB certificate? police clearance? as I did for my first tier 2 application?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:24am On Jun 04, 2019
Rubyventures:

He couldn't even run a business with the money given to him by his parents, he has filed for so many bankruptcies. He is a big joke and an embarrassment to the American people.

We all want Dad's like Daddy Trump.........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 04, 2019
justwise:

Don't really care about them and their politics but what he tweeted to the mayor.
All knife related incidents I have so far read concerning UK always happen in London.
U can only train ur children to a certain level and pray peer pressure don't take over.
That's my fear.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

If u had watched the apprentice, u will know that trump has been a mad man. He hasn't changed. Watched it while growing up.

How are you?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:36pm On Jun 04, 2019
sassysure:

Don't really care about them and their politics but what he tweeted to the mayor.
All knife related incidents I have so far read concerning UK always happen in London.
U can only train ur children to a certain level and pray peer pressure don't take over.
That's my fear.

His tweet makes no sense, police in US probably kill more people than knife killing in London. Mass shooting in US is alarming and he has the brain to talk about London crime figure.

Until the black community in London start doing something about knife crime in London there is nothing any mayor can do to stop it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.