Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,618 members, 7,801,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1298200 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MamaEEE: 9:13am On Jul 27, 2019
justwise:

Just call my ID and repeat that false line like many have done before

grin grin there is nothing like that in student visa application and many of you ignorantly keep repeating that each time somebody speaks against lies and our not-so-good reputation.

Do you actually know that foreign students can legitimately change visa and stay back in the UK after studies?

You need to spend time researching on facts rather than repeating some poor lines from people who has strange relationship with the truth.

Call me a saint i take it any day.

Baba, that law of students changing their visas and staying back has folded up, after study u go bck to ur country...
Nobody is a saint, I still stand by what I said earlier that was just a ? If u c am say he dey lie its up to you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MamaEEE: 9:19am On Jul 27, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Lol, are we talking about the same UK that you have to leave the country by force after uni? Because I’m not understanding what you mean.

Whether white or pink lie, the compulsion to lie is quite annoying especially when the truth is actually more favourable. If they want to lie over technicalities, that’s fine. But lying over small issues or big issues that will catch you out, it’s just tiring!

What I wrote is simple and easy to understand, I am not supporting what ever form of lie, I am only saying the man throw a ? To the house, but some off u judged him wrongly... When it was obvious it was just a ?... At the end of the day he ticked NO... So what r we talking abt.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MamaEEE: 9:30am On Jul 27, 2019
Aphrodite007:

The guy that lied about the status, did you see my response to him? Also, did it occur to you that we just finished solving one person’s lie only to see another person trying to lie for a frivolous reason?

Anyway, I appreciate the compliment- being called a saint is something to be proud of these days!

But nobody judged him, all ur tone of wsh u guys corrected him was wrong... The guy came for an answer to his ? But rada than finding answers for him u judged him...hense I called you guys a SAINT, but il all know nobody is a saint... Even the BIBLE says correct with love... I rest my case...

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 9:48am On Jul 27, 2019
MamaEEE:

Baba, that law of students changing their visas and staying back has folded up, after study u go bck to ur country...
Nobody is a saint, I still stand by what I said earlier that was just a ? If u c am say he dey lie its up to you

Like i said before..you need to spend time researching on facts and not spreading misleading info.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 10:16am On Jul 27, 2019
Phayie:

The fees will be paid completely and our plan is to stay with my brother who is a British citizen and has a 4 bedroom duplex. Do you think it's a good plan? Or we should work towards applying together?
Thanks so much for your time

Staying with your brother when you people get to the UK is not the issue here, the issue is that you still have to show the total financial requirement for 3 dependant and one main applicant, even if you apply separately you still can't recycle the same bank statement with the same amount
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:48am On Jul 27, 2019
MamaEEE:

What I wrote is simple and easy to understand, I am not supporting what ever form of lie, I am only saying the man throw a ? To the house, but some off u judged him wrongly... When it was obvious it was just a ?... At the end of the day he ticked NO... So what r we talking abt.

Of course he ticked no! Did you see the response he got? No right thinking person would have received such scolding and ticked yes! My own job is done.

Moving forward, have you seen the news that PayPal has blocked Nigeria from using its services. You see how good people suffer because they don’t speak out when they see bad things. God help all the honest people that are just trying to make a living in Nigeria but keep being smeared by the bad ones! sad

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 1:06am On Jul 28, 2019
Phayie:

Boss I'm not sure I understand what you mean. But let me try to explain again.
If we want to apply together we'll need about N13m but if she apply first with about N4.5m then after she successfully secure the Visa, myself and the 2kids will use about N8.5m to apply. So we're llooking at managing 9m for the application instead of about N13m

Why not ask her employer to get a COS that provides maintenance for the whole family. It makes it easier and you can all apply together with the 4.5m (cost for family of 5) you have. If you apply separately you have to source for maintenance fund which must be in your account for a certain period of time before you can apply and thus keeping you further apart.

In my own honest opinion, applying together is ALWAYS the best way to go for now and future applications.

N.B:most employers are usually willing to do this because they know las las na your salary go suffer am if you claim money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phayie(m): 5:07am On Jul 28, 2019
fatima04:

Why not ask her employer to get a COS that provides maintenance for the whole family. It makes it easier and you can all apply together with the 4.5m (cost for family of 5) you have. If you apply separately you have to source for maintenance fund which must be in your account for a certain period of time before you can apply and thus keeping you further apart.

In my own honest opinion, applying together is ALWAYS the best way to go for now and future applications.

N.B:most employers are usually willing to do this because they know las las na your salary go suffer am if you claim money.

Thank you for taking your time to respond. The Visa is tier 4 (student visa) and not tier 2. We have about N9m which can only cover 3 applicants, but if we all want to apply, we'll need about N12.5. That's why we are looking at the possibility of the main applicant to apply first using N4.5 then transfer the money into another account with the remaining 4.5 to make total of 9m for another 28 days before the dependants will apply
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 10:02am On Jul 28, 2019
The bashing was rather rude and entirely unnecessary. You could have been kinder. Wouldn't have cost you any. The first 2 responders answered his query nicely. You then leapt in with assumptions .

It set my teeth on edge,I tell you. I like this thread because we are so polite to each other.i would like to keep it that way.

In other news,did I just read 13 million for a visa application? that is extortionate. the good thing is that it keeps you focused on squeezing every last benefit out of the system. Pele,you hear. it is well

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phayie(m): 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2019
You didn't quote me & I won't quote u either. But please stop misleading people because the 13m is not for Visa application, it's only maintenance deposit
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by danberg: 1:17pm On Jul 28, 2019
Happy Sunday Ladies and Gents

Please oh, all my ogas in the house, help a brother!
I just arrived London yesterday with 30 bottles of well-roasted chilli-peppered Cashew nuts. Please, I humbly need your advice in disposing them sharply. I stay at llford 2 minutes from Newbury park station.

My brother in Nigeria intends sending them regularly to me here if I can dispose them at a good rate quickly, that way I can have something coming in on the side. cheesy

Thanks in advance!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2019
danberg:

I just arrived London yesterday with 30 bottles of well-roasted chilli-peppered Cashew nuts. Please, I humbly need your advice in disposing them sharply. I stay at llford 2 minutes from Newbury park station.

My brother in Nigeria intends sending them regularly to me here if I can dispose them at a good rate quickly, that way I can have something coming in on the side. cheesy

Thanks in advance!

Better eat and enjoy your cashew nuts yourself....... grin

7 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by danberg: 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2019
missjekyll:
The bashing was rather rude and entirely unnecessary. You could have been kinder. Wouldn't have cost you any. The first 2 responders answered his query nicely. You then leapt in with assumptions .

It set my teeth on edge,I tell you. I like this thread because we are so polite to each other.i would like to keep it that way.

In other news,did I just read 13 million for a visa application? that is extortionate. the good thing is that it keeps you focused on squeezing every last benefit out of the system. Pele,you hear. it is well

Phayie:
You didn't quote me & I won't quote u either. But please stop misleading people because the 13m is not for Visa application, it's only maintenance deposit

Just setting the record straight grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gratefulme40: 4:42pm On Jul 28, 2019
justwise:

[/b]

Just setting the record straight grin grin

You sha like trouble.... as them no wan quote each other, you had to help.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 5:05pm On Jul 28, 2019
gratefulme40:

You sha like trouble.... as them no wan quote each other, you had to help.

Always willing to help
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I just burst out laughing in the car grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:43pm On Jul 28, 2019
Mamatukwas:

I just burst out laughing in the car grin

Abi you wan buy very delicious, cruncy & chilli-peppered cashew nuts......... tongue

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 5:46pm On Jul 28, 2019
danberg:

Thanks in advance!

Bants aside though- I’d say you have a few options.
1. If you live in an area with a good number of African/Asian shops - Reach out to the owners. Give them a free bottle or 2 and if they like it, you can agree on a profit sharing formula and start supplying.

2. Study the requirements around selling food on Amazon. If you can meet it and you have the time, create an account and start selling.

Of course with everything in life, what you give is what you get. If you’re not ready to give the ‘side hustle’ good attention just follow the advice of one of the ‘Sages’ in the house and eat your cashew nuts very well, drink water and clean mouth! No shame brather grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Abi you wan buy very delicious, crunch & chilli-peppered cashew nuts......... tongue

I honest get good cashew nuts from Asda/Tesco. Not something I’d order from home. Fresh g/nut ehen! No one does it like us smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:51pm On Jul 28, 2019
Mamatukwas:

I honest get good cashew nuts from Asda/Tesco. Not something I’d order from home. Fresh g/nut ehen! No one does it like us smiley

Likewise...... Once i run out of imported specials...... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gratefulme40: 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2019
Mamatukwas:

Tesco cashew nuts seem raw to me, the roasted ones are over salted.
I have not bought from Asda.
What brand do you get from Tesco? May be a picture of it
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2019
Mamatukwas:

1. If you live in an area with a good number of African/Asian shops - Reach out to the owners. Give them a free bottle or 2 and if they like it, you can agree on a profit sharing formula and start supplying.

2. Study the requirements around selling food on Amazon. If you can meet it and you have the time, create an account and start selling.

Of course with everything in life, what you give is what you get. If you’re not ready to give the ‘side hustle’ good attention just follow the advice of one of the ‘Sages’ in the house and eat your cashew nuts very well, drink water and clean mouth! No shame brather grin

Don't forget DEFRA regulations......... Let's assume someone gets an allergic reaction or food poisoning....... I say no more............. lipsrsealed tongue

NB: For personal consumption..... Baa wàhálà....... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 6:12pm On Jul 28, 2019
gratefulme40:

Tesco cashew nuts seem raw to me, the roasted ones are over salted.
I have not bought from Asda.
What brand do you get from Tesco? May be a picture of it

I happen to be in the store

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 6:14pm On Jul 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Don't forget DEFRA regulations......... Let's assume someone gets an allergic reaction or food poisoning....... I say no more............. lipsrsealed tongue

NB: For personal consumption..... Baa wàhálà....... cheesy

Toh! That’s why I said study regulations well oh! It’s things like this that made me jejely eat the truck load of kulikuki I brought too.. I could’ve legit started a business with it but I do not want wahala. It’s too early abeg!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2019
Make Britain Great Again

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by danberg: 9:11pm On Jul 28, 2019
Mamatukwas:

Thanks buddy, appreciate!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Unlimited22: 9:17pm On Jul 28, 2019
Lexusgs430:

You are wicked grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:25pm On Jul 28, 2019
Many faces of Boris..........

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 9:30pm On Jul 28, 2019
I would probably kill for some kilishi/suya at this moment.
Did you get any?�
I had some suya in Birmingham which I hated. I want more authentic suya.

For my friend, I m sorry I got on your wrong side by mentioning your visa fees. please enjoy it and forgive me. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Belovedolu: 6:26am On Jul 29, 2019
fatima04:

Thank you for sharing, it's not bad at all. What about to send from Nigeria? Currently I do have 520 per kg(10kg minimum) and then you collect with £20pound in Birmingham but won't mind switching
Do you still have this contact or any cheaper one? Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 10:56am On Jul 29, 2019
Laughing out loud grin grin... Some people go blow in ££££ by starting up a comedy show in UK

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.