Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,560 members, 7,801,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1298069 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Trajan(m): 1:44pm On Jul 30, 2019
Mamatukwas:

Welcome to the UK. I’m no expert but if i were you I’d:
1. Register my Soft Skills/Service based skills on Fiver and similar sites and bid for jobs.

2. Create Art and use your digital marketing skills to sell them. Art is appreciated everywhere but moreso by our Caucasian hosts.

3. Driving is a very good skill to have here but it requires a while to properly monetize.

4. If in a hurry to start earning, consider care jobs. I hear they are easy to get and as an EU National should be even easier for you.

My 2cents. Hope it helps. Cheers.

Great ideas buddy! I'll get busy checking these out. Gracias!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2019
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has appointed Kemi Badenoch as Children and Families Minister, as part of his government reshuffle.

Kemi Badenoch has been the MP for Saffron Walden since 2017 and replaces Nadhim Zawahi who has moved to the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).

Olukemi Olufunto Badenoch was born in Wimbledon to parents of Nigerian origin. Her childhood was spent in Lagos, Nigeria and the US before she moved back to the UK at the age of 16.

The minister’s responsibilities include early years policy including inspection and regulation. Her portfolio includes delivery of 30 hours free childcare offer, special educational needs including high needs funding, safeguarding in schools and disadvantaged pupils – including pupil premium and pupil premium plus.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.daynurseries.co.uk/news/amp/article/id/1612876/pm-appoints-kemi-badenoch-as-childrens-minister

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by addbol: 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2019
I just did, thanks.

fatima04:

Yes I do for Birmingham. You may PM me
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Belovedolu: 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2019
fatima04:

Yes I do for Birmingham. You may PM me
Can I pm you too please?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by addbol: 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2019
Thank you @fatima04

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 5:55pm On Jul 30, 2019
fatima04:
Pls is there a link where one can see the list of registered religious institutions licensed to issue marriage license in Nigeria.

Need to verify sth urgently. Thank you all.

Please any response to this OR does anyone know if UI mosque is licensed to issue marriage certificate? Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 7:08pm On Jul 30, 2019
fatima04:

Please any response to this OR does anyone know if UI mosque is licensed to issue marriage certificate? Thanks
No idea but I just saw this:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/343882-nigeria-govt-releases-lengthy-conditions-for-new-marriage-certificates.html?fbclid=IwAR2-UNiIFdaFrd_lmKMUe5d92j9N2HdpmeikK35ZlStYSmEb-Jq4hB5REmg

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beryour(m): 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2019
Hello guys!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 6:04am On Jul 31, 2019
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 7:17am On Jul 31, 2019
beryour:
Hello guys, thanks for all the good work you do in here.

Please, what other things should we take note of or add t

Thanks all
The UK student visa thread will be a better place to ask for quick answers.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by connectgt: 9:51pm On Jul 31, 2019
Use this link. www.ecitibiz.interior.gov.ng

fatima04:
Pls is there a link where one can see the list of registered religious institutions licensed to issue marriage license in Nigeria.

Need to verify sth urgently. Thank you all.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2019
connectgt:

Use this link. www.ecitibiz.interior.gov.ng

Thank you. Will check it out
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 7:52pm On Aug 02, 2019
Happy Friday guys....How true is this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctvk_SLuFh0

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 9:07pm On Aug 02, 2019
wonlasewonimi:
Happy Friday guys....How true is video?

Hilarious vids

Lovely funny couple grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 9:10pm On Aug 02, 2019
Bourne007:
Loving the curve card .. Truly the only card you need to carry wink smiley

Anyone u wan sign up, code below smiley

I'm using @imaginecurve! All my cards in one + a great way to save & manage money. Sign up with code D4WK63BE & get £5 https://curve.page/iLiv

Just used your code now. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2019
wonlasewonimi:
Happy Friday guys....How true is video?

This is so me! I don’t eat non-Nigerian food often grin, if it doesn’t have meat or iru or red oil, Cassh ya lera!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:24pm On Aug 02, 2019
Aphrodite007:

This is so me! I don’t eat non-Nigerian food often grin, if it doesn’t have meat or iru or red oil, Cassh ya lera!

Exactly...that's so true of Nigerians

I couldn't stop lmao

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:25pm On Aug 02, 2019
DisGuy:

Hilarious vids

Lovely funny couple grin

The chemistry is spot on..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 11:44am On Aug 03, 2019
wonlasewonimi:
Happy Friday guys....How true is this video?

Funny video and spot on. The food thing can be frustrating
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2019
fatima04:

Funny video and spot on. The food thing can be frustrating

That's how you see Nigerians fresh off the boat always looking for mama put here...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ekitibiased(m): 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2019
wanna hangout in London, i live in canning town
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2019
Ekitibiased:
wanna hangout in London, i live in canning town

You could try Kings Bull in Barking...... Decent Nightclub, £10 entry fee.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Abdulrahmon68(m): 10:06pm On Aug 03, 2019
LagosismyHome:

If it to join them for good and migrate to UK based on a sibling citizenship .......... There is nothing like that in the UK, UK does not have "chain migration" which means citizens and ILR residents are not allowed to sponsor their extended family members such as siblings .

If it is to visit then the sibling outside uk can apply for visiting visa

Mama!

please I need to send you a PM. It's very important and confidential. I await your response. Thanks a lot
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 10:30pm On Aug 03, 2019
Thanks namesake (007) grin. I got the alert and £5 was also credited wink

Hope you are enjoying your curve card smiley

Aphrodite007:

Just used your code now. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:00am On Aug 04, 2019
Abdulrahmon68:

Mama!

please I need to send you a PM. It's very important and confidential. I await your response. Thanks a lot

Mama smiley cheesy grin .... I am a young female oooo

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:35am On Aug 04, 2019
Don't die in silence........

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Abdulrahmon68(m): 10:39am On Aug 04, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Mama smiley cheesy grin .... I am a young female oooo

Alright! The Paramount Queen... grin

Please kindly respond to my PM ma'am. Honestly I need to have a private discussion with you that's why I decided to quote you on this particular thread. I hope you are familiar with my Moniker ma'am. Thanks a lot
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2019
Happy Sunday house. Please I want to confirm if me and my wife can use our family friend house as proof of accommodation for the spouse visa? We are contemplating using a council apartment if my wife can get soonest OR we use our family friend house. My wife is staying in one single room and the landlord said the room is only meant for one person. So we are looking for alternatives. Please dear house I need your advice on the one that is best. We spoke to our family friend and they said they are ready to accept us and give us all the requirements to meet the accommodation. Then when I join my wife we gather money and get our own apartment. Suggestions please. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 12:38pm On Aug 04, 2019
Hello house as I was filling the spouse visa application I came across a question on the form asking What type of ceremony was your wedding or civil partnership Please those that have recently filled the form what can I put please? Thank you.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2019
LuvlyIva:
Hello house as I was filling the spouse visa application I came across a question on the form asking What type of ceremony was your wedding or civil partnership Please those that have recently filled the form what can I put please? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:59pm On Aug 04, 2019
LuvlyIva:
Happy Sunday house. Please I want to confirm if me and my wife can use our family friend house as proof of accommodation for the spouse visa? We are contemplating using a council apartment if my wife can get soonest OR we use our family friend house. My wife is staying in one single room and the landlord said the room is only meant for one person. So we are looking for alternatives. Please dear house I need your advice on the one that is best. We spoke to our family friend and they said they are ready to accept us and give us all the requirements to meet the accommodation. Then when I join my wife we gather money and get our own apartment. Suggestions please. Thank you.

A dedicated thread already exists for your question, post it on that thread.....

Infact, do yourself a big favour and read through all that thread.....

If you fail the accommodation test, that's all your application fee, down the toilet........ They dont offer refunds.....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LuvlyIva(m): 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Many thanks bros. God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.