Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1300819 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2019
fatima04:

Lol, welcome back....

Super Mods no gree unban me........ So i carry on been an inspector, till inspector too gets banned......

Then the cat and mouse games continues......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
Thank you SuperMods............ cheesy

I am sorry to announce the death of InspectorGrundy.....................

Lexusgs430 is ALIVE ..................

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:45pm On Sep 04, 2019
deept:

Who is this inspector Grundy? Bring back our lexus430g BBOL

[quote author=fatima04 post=81911792]

Lol, welcome back....[/quote

I am back ...... From a well deserved holiday ........... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 5:30pm On Sep 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

welcome back. Inspector can now fall on his sword.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:35pm On Sep 04, 2019
dustydee:

welcome back. Inspector can now fall on his sword.

Inspectorgrundy is DEAD....... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 6:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I can still see inspector grumpy grundy up there lipsrsealed
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 6:44pm On Sep 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

I liked that username though
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
dustydee:

Inspectorgrundy is fully deactivated.........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
umarwy:

I liked that username though

I liked it too..... Shame we cannot swap handles........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 9:35pm On Sep 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Inspectorgrundy is fully deactivated.........
Oh what a shame. I may just clone it as I like that handle.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
dustydee:

Oh what a shame. I may just clone it as I like that handle.

Copyright infringement......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sanspiffy(m): 7:37am On Sep 05, 2019
dustydee:

Lol at inspector grumpy. Good day guys, I have a question for Nigerians living and working in the UK. In terms of Jobs which is better, a permanent role or a contracting role which to be honest pays better in the short run as mostly are daily rate however the job is not as secured as a permanent one.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 7:59am On Sep 05, 2019
sanspiffy:

Lol at inspector grumpy. Good day guys, I have a question for Nigerians living and working in the UK. In terms of Jobs which is better, a permanent role or a contracting role which to be honest pays better in the short run as mostly are daily rate however the job is not as secured as a permanent one.
It depends on you and your situation. Generally contracting pays better and is more tax efficient (at least for now). Sometimes it may take a while between contracts, depending on your skill set.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sanspiffy(m): 8:06am On Sep 05, 2019
dustydee:

It depends on you and your situation. Generally contracting pays better and is more tax efficient (at least for now). Sometimes it may take a while between contracts, depending on your skill set.

What Skills pays the most currently in the UK market. I'm looking to go into project management as I know a friend's husband who is currently as a contractor on £550 a day rate.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 8:23am On Sep 05, 2019
sanspiffy:

What Skills pays the most currently in the UK market. I'm looking to go into project management as I know a friend's husband who is currently as a contractor on £550 a day rate.
Traditional Project management[i]don cast for UK[/i], but digital PMs. There are a couple of skills that command high rates e.g data scientist, cloud engineering, cyber security/information security etc.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 11:16am On Sep 05, 2019
so glad you're back...

this thread won't be the same..

Hello beautiful people,

This thread has been soooooooooooooooo lovely..

read every page and i gata admit i'm a bit addicted..

Great work beautiful people..

Lexusgs430:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MamaEEE: 11:47am On Sep 05, 2019
profemebee:
so glad you're back...

this thread won't be the same..

Hello beautiful people,

This thread has been soooooooooooooooo lovely..

read every page and i gata admit i'm a bit addicted..

Great work beautiful people..

Brother (in local vioce ) don port abi graduate to another level... And you no buy drinks for the ceremony.... Lol
Have u landed thou ?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2019
dustydee:

Traditional Project management[i]don cast for UK[/i], but digital PMs. There are a couple of skills that command high rates e.g data scientist, cloud engineering, cyber security/information security etc.

I wonder how easy or difficult it is to break into one of these roles if you dont have IT background or new into the industry ..... any insight ?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2019
sanspiffy:

You can do both. A permanent role is very important as it ensures a regular guaranteed cash flow every month to pay regular bills like mortgage etc. Contracting/locumming pays a better rate, however, it isn't regular nor is it guaranteed. In my opinion, it's better to be in a permanent role paying a minimum of circa £65,000/year, and then do some contracting/locumming probably 3-4 times a month on the side to take the overall annual income to circa £75,000-£85,000. I think any income above this for a professional is simply working to pay for Her Majesty's monthly holiday.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
i never port oo..

office never release me..

drinks dey for ice already dey chill lol...

MamaEEE:

Brother (in local vioce ) don port abi graduate to another level... And you no buy drinks for the ceremony.... Lol
Have u landed thou ?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2019
Seems like the UK govt is competing with the US in the comedic and entertaining world grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TrumpsWall: 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2019
Trump and Boris born twins separated at birth lol.

Both no send anyone. I'm sure Conservative wish they could have May back cheesy

Bourne007:
Seems like the UK govt is competing with the US in the comedic and entertaining world grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sanspiffy(m): 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2019
claremont:

You can do both. A permanent role is very important as it ensures a regular guaranteed cash flow every month to pay regular bills like mortgage etc. Contracting/locumming pays a better rate, however, it isn't regular nor is it guaranteed. In my opinion, it's better to be in a permanent role paying a minimum of circa £65,000/year, and then do some contracting/locumming probably 3-4 times a month on the side to take the overall annual income to circa £75,000-£85,000. I think any income above this for a professional is simply working to pay for Her Majesty's monthly holiday.

A permanent role for £65000 a year. Is that in the IT Industry. The last contracting role I worked as a case handler for TSB was around 45k a year and that was to help with their system migration chaos in 2018.

Where do you guys this job for £75000-£80000 from?? Right now I'm back on a perm role for Aviva which is not even paying very well. I'm looking to find a decent contracting role anywhere in the UK well apart from Scotland.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2019
Lexusgs430:

So happy to have you back
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
claremont:

Pls which job role of industry pay that much, dont let me waste my youth oo cheesy grin. Agree at the bolded
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2019
claremont:

You can do both. A permanent role is very important as it ensures a regular guaranteed cash flow every month to pay regular bills like mortgage etc. Contracting/locumming pays a better rate, however, it isn't regular nor is it guaranteed. In my opinion, it's better to be in a permanent role paying a minimum of circa £65,000/year, and then [b]do some contracting/locumming probably 3-4 times a month [/b]on the side to take the overall annual income to circa £75,000-£85,000. I think any income above this for a professional is simply working to pay for Her Majesty's monthly holiday.
Not quite easy for those not in the medical field. Often it's either perm or contracting.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by UmmuN: 8:35am On Sep 07, 2019
I have read 1/2 of this thread and I must say I have learnt a lot. Many thanks to all the contributors.
I am coming to the UK in November on a Tier 2 Visa. Hubby is the main applicant and we have an 8 months old child.
We will be based in Manchester. Hubby will be working with one of the Big4 accounting firms and pay is not the best. It’s around 36k so I want to quickly get at it and add income to the family.
I have a BSc in English Language, I have worked as a social media manager and I have my own bag brand.
Like someone advised in one of the pages, I don’t mind learning something new and using all the salary from there to pay for child care as long as I am building my CV.
Elders in the house:
- what part of Greater Manchester is best for us stay and Manage. Hubby will be working in City center and
- What kind of work should I be looking at?

I will be looking forward to hearing from the elders here.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:15am On Sep 07, 2019
The prison sentence in my opinion, is still not adequate.... It's a good start, but the judicial system and legislation, can do better...........

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:21am On Sep 07, 2019
UmmuN:
I have read 1/2 of this thread and I must say I have learnt a lot. Many thanks to all the contributors.
I am coming to the UK in November on a Tier 2 Visa. Hubby is the main applicant and we have an 8 months old child.
We will be based in Manchester. Hubby will be working with one of the Big4 accounting firms and pay is not the best. It’s around 36k so I want to quickly get at it and add income to the family.
I have a BSc in English Language, I have worked as a social media manager and I have my own bag brand.
Like someone advised in one of the pages, I don’t mind learning something new and using all the salary from there to pay for child care as long as I am building my CV.
Elders in the house:
- what part of Greater Manchester is best for us stay and Manage. Hubby will be working in City center and
- What kind of work should I be looking at?

I will be looking forward to hearing from the elders here.

Virtually all sections in Manchester, have already been nigerianized (i hope such a word exists).......

£36K wage structure, is good. That's probably basic wage, less overtime.... If you cut your your coat according to your material, you guys would be fine (till you start earning)......

What can you do? Loads...... Once you are on ground, you would naturally find your rhythm.........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Taiwodada08(m): 9:34am On Sep 07, 2019
Good morning house...I just need some clarification please.
Your UK visa application has been concluded by Visits UK and will shortly be dispatched...what does this mean ?

I made a research and just few people said it could mean that your visa has been denied ,why many said on several occasions,people closer to them got an email indicating that there visa applications has been concluded yet there there visas was granted
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:59am On Sep 07, 2019
Taiwodada08:
Your UK visa application has been concluded by Visits UK and will shortly be dispatched...what does this mean ?

I made a research and just few people said it could mean that your visa has been denied ,why many said on several occasions,people closer to them got an email indicating that there visa applications has been concluded yet there there visas was granted

It's 50/50...... We don't have witches vision 2020..... You would soon find out....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:04am On Sep 07, 2019
Taiwodada08:

Do you mean:

Your UK visit application has been completed by UKVI and will shortly be dispatched..?

It mean say, them don finish everything wey them dey do on top person visa application. And that the result of the application, go soon reach your side as them don post am. So na you go know whether you don get the visa or not when you collect am.

Kinji ko?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.