Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,450 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1300483 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by eamodu(m): 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2019
Good evening all. What is the best way to relocate to UK? Just me and my wife. No kids yet. What do I need? Cost implications and all.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:46pm On Nov 21, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Thanks

Heard they now officially do same day for £100, a friend mentioned it after her visit last week. But what I am not clear is that £100 per person or per family ....

Per applicant...... 4 people = £400 extra + £280 (cost of application).......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:53pm On Nov 21, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Per applicant...... 4 people = £400 extra + £280 (cost of application).......

smiley cheesy grin grin they should take it easy oooo.... £100 per perso. na wa
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 10:44pm On Nov 21, 2019
eamodu:
Good evening all. What is the best way to relocate to UK? Just me and my wife. No kids yet. What do I need? Cost implications and all.

If you take a bus to Apongbon, walk like 5 minutes to CMS......move close to the river bank, hail one canoe, tell him thames river bustop. You can't miss it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olalekank(m): 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

If you take a bus to Apongbon, walk like 5 minutes to CMS......move close to the river bank, hail one canoe, tell him thames river bustop. You can't miss it.
I thought the Obalende route is faster grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by eamodu(m): 10:56pm On Nov 21, 2019
Thanks for your response. Waiting for reasonable response if any. quote author=wonlasewonimi post=84250888]

If you take a bus to Apongbon, walk like 5 minutes to CMS......move close to the river bank, hail one canoe, tell him thames river bustop. You can't miss it.[/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mellady(f): 11:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
cheesy ; ;DD
Olalekank:

I thought the Obalende route is faster grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dafemnet: 11:36pm On Nov 21, 2019
eamodu:
Student visa, work visa.. Do some research on Google.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 1:39am On Nov 22, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Wonlasewonimi, oya come translate o..... In RalphJean's speak, oyinbo dey read this thread............. grin

Bros but Na true nah...
Oyinbo M15, M16 etc fit dey read ohh
Na 4 my mouth that person been wan hear say she fit go Alagbon to know someone who knows someone who Sabi someone who sabi someone who sabi DPO who sabi ACP who sabi PolComm....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by eamodu(m): 6:23am On Nov 22, 2019
Thank you so much for replying. God bless you [qu1ote author=dafemnet post=84251799]Student visa, work visa.. Do some research on Google. [/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by bigtt76(f): 9:32am On Nov 22, 2019
cheesy ....e yaaa! This is not fair naa. IF you know, guide him instead of poking fun undecided

wonlasewonimi:

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Minnienellie24: 10:18am On Nov 22, 2019
sgtponzihater1:
I am heading to Tesco to get Tomatoes and a bag of rice. I will do that and tomorrow back to the ED. I still have to sweep my house today because my wife is too pregnant to sweep, yet someone comes to call me a bad man.

Hi @sgtponzihater1 I am a silent follower of this thread. And from your posts, I dont want to neglect your mental health state and that of your wife and baby which i believe is of utmost importance. I dunno how you would like to get in touch. If you can connect with me on IG (Instagram) with the handle @minnienellie my younger sister just put to bed and she had similar issue with her marriage.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:32am On Nov 22, 2019
eamodu:
You need to provide more details like your skills/work experience/field of study so we can better advise you.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 11:17am On Nov 22, 2019
If you still operate your Nigerian bank account while living in the UK, then take note of the following information:

The Finance Bill, 2019

Banks to request for Tax Identification Number (TIN) before opening bank accounts for individuals, while existing account holders must provide their TIN to continue operating their accounts

https://pwcnigeria.typepad.com/files/finance-bill-2019.pdf

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by eamodu(m): 12:40pm On Nov 22, 2019
Worked with an NGO b4. But I'm self employed for now, doing business in the agric sector. My wife works with the state government. We are both graduates with BSc in Political Sci for me and BA Eng for her.
dustydee:

You need to provide more details like your skills/work experience/field of study so we can better advise you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
eamodu:
Worked with an NGO b4. But I'm self employed for now, doing business in the agric sector. My wife works with the state government. We are both graduates with BSc in Political Sci for me and BA Eng for her. .
Unfortunately as a polical science graduate with no additional skills (based on your answer), there's no visa scheme I can recommend to you. UK employers will usually require you to have a specific skill. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by eamodu(m): 2:23pm On Nov 22, 2019
Have certifications in HSE. Worked as a community health supervisor. So I'm knowledgeable in that area.
dustydee:

Unfortunately as a polical science graduate with no additional skills (based on your answer), there's no visa scheme I can recommend to you. UK employers will usually require you to have a specific skill. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Jbloc: 2:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
Not true.
I was there yesterday and I give them pass mark on organisation.
They followed the teller numbering religiously. I did the fast track service and had my passport same day.

Mellady:
Pls who has renewed Nigerian passport at London embassy recently?, I have an appointment this December for my renewal, someone told me the staff are extremely rude and I will spend the whole day at the embassy on the interview date.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 2:40pm On Nov 22, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

grin You’re wicked sha
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 2:42pm On Nov 22, 2019
Jbloc:
Not true.
They followed the teller numbering religiously. I did the fast track service and had my passport same day.

Wonders!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deewealth: 4:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
Can I just ask, do they now have the 10years validity passport with NIN integration? Thank

Jbloc:
Not true.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Jbloc: 4:41pm On Nov 22, 2019
No Idea.

I went for renewal of passport. I was given a Feb appointment, went for fast track and walked out within 3hrs with my passport.

deewealth:
Can I just ask, do they now have the 10years validity passport with NIN integration? Thank

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2019
bigtt76:
cheesy ....e yaaa! This is not fair naa. IF you know, guide him instead of poking fun undecided

If you noticed that his enquiry is actually a lazy one which is typical of some of our people. Please I beg of you not to spoon feed people like that, they wont appreciate any effort you put in to help.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bimtonex: 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
wonlasewonimi:

If you noticed that his enquiry is actually a lazy one which is typical of some of our people. Please I beg of you not to spoon feed people like that, they wont appreciate any effort you put in to help.

Must u respond? If u don't have an answer, must u crack ur dry joke? Can't u just pass? We honestly have problems in this country sha!!!

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 6:44pm On Nov 22, 2019
Bimtonex:

Must u respond? If u don't have an answer, must u crack ur dry joke? Can't u just pass? We honestly have problems in this country sha!!!

Speak for yourself mate! Stop beng daft...if you must ask for help at least do your part of the legwork.. That's why the country is crawling; they want everything to be handed to them on platter of gold. How can someone come online ask a stupiid question like how do i relocate to UK? in this day and age?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.