Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,384 members, 7,781,094 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:48 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1285273 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:39pm On Mar 19, 2020
Bourne007:
Lucky you .. She's now been asked to reschedule or refund .. Obviously rescheduled as she don tire to dey wash hand every 60 minutes for 20 seconds grin

Refund might be a better idea.... If BA goes bust and you have rescheduled........ Best to have your money, under your control........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:43pm On Mar 19, 2020
sassysure:

Get well dear.

That twit will help lots of people as so many don't know what to expect.

If u have honey, use it.
Honey is very good for throat sores or dry throat.

Get bitter kola and always sleep with it in your mouth.
Sorry and thank u for the tips

'Sleep with bitter kola in your mouth '...... Ever thought of choking incident?...... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 4:49pm On Mar 19, 2020
http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-bank-of-england-cuts-base-rate-to-01-11960336

Government is fighting hard to prevent a recession .. Welldone to a working system

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 5:06pm On Mar 19, 2020
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 19, 2020
Lexusgs430:

'Sleep with bitter kola in your mouth '...... Ever thought of choking incident?...... cheesy

I have been doing that since ages if I get sore throat.
So an adult can choke on that?
Still did that last night( fear dey catch me after serious flu)

Ok, she can chew it before bed time.
Hmm, it's well.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:46pm On Mar 19, 2020
sassysure:

Hmm, it's well.

Whilst asleep, your mouth and tongue does funny acrobatics................ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 5:47pm On Mar 19, 2020
If they do go bust, they should give me an option for refund na grin. She misses home jare .. make we take this one

Lexusgs430:

Refund might be a better idea.... If BA goes bust and you have rescheduled........ Best to have your money, under your control........ grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 5:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
sassysure:

Hmm, it's well.

Of course.... even normal eating can get stuck in the wrong place and choke an adult
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 5:50pm On Mar 19, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Wow get well soon oooo.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:52pm On Mar 19, 2020
Bourne007:
If they do go bust, they should give me an option for refund na grin. She misses home jare .. make we take this one

If they go bust, money don enter voicemail........ smiley
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Whilst asleep, your mouth and tongue does funny acrobatics................ grin
Haaaa cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 19, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Of course.... even normal eating can get stuck in the wrong place and choke an adult
I agree.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:49am On Mar 20, 2020
sassysure:

Haaaa cheesy

I don't think the person or people, sleeping next to you fancy doing a heimlich maneuver in the midnight...... When bitter kola don block passage........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:53am On Mar 20, 2020
sassysure:

I agree.

Didnt know people put bitterkola in mouth while sleeping ..... definitely a dangerous practise

Especially not for something like sore throat which will resolve itself once the viral infection settles
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nat404: 10:42am On Mar 20, 2020
STENON:
grin shocked LOLS
Sister, does a Chemistry teacher require IELTS to work in the UK please?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2020
Nat404:
Sister, does a Chemistry teacher require IELTS to work in the UK please?
no sir
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nat404: 1:45pm On Mar 20, 2020
STENON:
no sir
Oh cool. You're so experienced. What are the requirements please?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 2:06pm On Mar 20, 2020
CBN official rate $-Naira now 380
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 20, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I don't think the person or people, sleeping next to you fancy doing a heimlich maneuver in the midnight...... When bitter kola don block passage........ cheesy
cheesy cheesy

I forced my child to eat bitter kola yesterday morning before going to school.
This boy reported me to school authority. Can u imagine that? cheesy
When they called, I formulated one answer about bitter kola containing one of the active ingredients used in preparing chloroquine and chloroquine is good for corona virus cheesy

Teacher said to report when parent force you to eat what u don't want.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Didnt know people put bitterkola in mouth while sleeping ..... definitely a dangerous practise

Especially not for something like sore throat which will resolve itself once the viral infection settles

Back then at home during Xmas time, by beginning of January, I would have lost my voice. Every year.
An elderly man told me to chew it and sleep with the remaining in my mouth that day so I can greet him the next day if he pass my side and yeah, I did greet him the next day grin
Since then, bitter kola all the way. That thing is beau though very bitter. The only thing that worry me all year round is flu and sore throat is always on another level so bitter kola to the rescue.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:24pm On Mar 20, 2020
sassysure:

cheesy cheesy

I forced my child to eat bitter kola yesterday morning before going to school.
This boy reported me to school authority. Can u imagine that? cheesy
When they called, I formulated one answer about bitter kola containing one of the active used in preparing chloroquine and chloroquine is good for corona virus cheesy

Teacher said to report when parent force you to eat what u don't want.

Na wa .... the state should allow us raise our kids in peace.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:29am On Mar 21, 2020
Perfect depiction of most of the real world.......

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:18am On Mar 21, 2020
For those working in the health sector, let's try and remain safe(as best as possible) I know it's a daunting task.......

20% of wards are now been converted to COVID19 wards, to cater for the massive inflow of confirmed patients and suspect cases.......

This are indeed....... Trying times....... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 7:39am On Mar 21, 2020
DisGuy:
CBN official rate $-Naira now 380

Na wa.... they give with one hand (reduce fuel) and take with the other hand (devalue) .

Nigerians have really suffered in government's hand sad

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:23am On Mar 21, 2020
Another day..... Another COVID19 nightmare.. lipsrsealed

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kolping: 2:06pm On Mar 21, 2020

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 9:24pm On Mar 21, 2020
"Nigeria will close its two main international airports in the cities of Lagos and Abuja from Monday night, its civil aviation regulator said on Saturday"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL8N2BE0KO

LagosismyHome:

Thanks... it showing the flight is still scheduled
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:11pm On Mar 21, 2020
Bourne007:
"Nigeria will close its two main international airports in the cities of Lagos and Abuja from Monday night, its civil aviation regulator said on Saturday"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSL8N2BE0KO

O wow .... in hindsight I should have rescheduled the ticket forward when all these started

Thanks for the heads up
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:49pm On Mar 21, 2020
Random Acts of Kindness..........

We seem to be getting loads of foods(nando's & fish & chips) and drinks from anonymous donors, getting them delivered to the hospital.........

We can at least enjoy the meals and hopefully not top it up with a dessert of COVID19....... cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 1:22am On Mar 22, 2020
Lexusgs430:
For those working in the health sector, let's try and remain safe(as best as possible) I know it's a daunting task.......

20% of wards are now been converted to COVID19 wards, to cater for the massive inflow of confirmed patients and suspect cases.......

This are indeed....... Trying times....... lipsrsealed

I think we need to realise that the nature of our work means that we would most like get infected with it at some point. We hope that our immunity is strong enough to beat the virus without showing any obvious symptoms. There are some of us who belive that this Covid19 virus has been circulating within the population for months, it's only being discovered now because they are testing for it.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:00am On Mar 22, 2020
claremont:

I think we need to realise that the nature of our work means that we would most like get infected with it at some point. We hope that our immunity is strong enough to beat the virus without showing any obvious symptoms. There are some of us who belive that this Covid19 virus has been circulating within the population for months, it's only being discovered now because they are testing for it.

Health workers are in panic mode, but just getting on with it......

We hope (if) and (when) we are personally affected, we can shake it off.......

Feels like going to an electrical wall war, draped with an outfit made of water...........

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 1:29pm On Mar 22, 2020
claremont:

May God be with you all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.