Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1300800 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 11:19am On Jun 07, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Walahi Theresa and Javid, would not even offer a cup of tea..........

Afterwards, they would ask you to provide your residence status.......
who could be more racist to a black man if not a Pakistani....God dey
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 12:30pm On Jun 07, 2018
Mamatukwas:

Congrats Sisi smiley Wow I can imagine how annoying it wouldave been to drop the 1st test just coz of 1mark sad Sha congrats, onto the next step for you smiley

You have definitely given me ginger that I can ace it once, will let you know how it goes in about 2 weeks. Gracias!

Yes dear thanks. All the best
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:34pm On Jun 07, 2018
Gbemmy120:

Hmmm, thank you for taking out time to explain. But what if I decide to neglect the visiting visa and start afresh as an intending immigrant, what other options are there or do you advice asides marriage?

You can come in if you have expertise in IT, med or nursing. Write the appropriate health exams. Apply to the NHS (I think) to be on a tier 2 visa. Or you can come in via the tier 1 visa (read more about it).

I’m sure the experts that came in through these methods can explain further.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:41pm On Jun 07, 2018
Lexusgs430:

If you are not yet married, simply find a REAL britico and marry for love & papers. Not a Britico claiming benefits o, she has a job and fits into the required criteria. And she would also be happy to visit Nigeria to marry you (send us invitation card).....

When you find her, migrate to the next thread.........

grin grin haba! grin will you be there to help the person during 6 years of The marriage, if they can’t stand the britico? grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:43pm On Jun 07, 2018
DaveChapelle:
Or find a baby falling from a balcony and do like that guy in France, you can also borrow a baby and act it, just that social services might dis-parent the baby

grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
Aphrodite007:

grin grin haba! grin will you be there to help the person during 6 years of The marriage, if they can’t stand the britico? grin

Are Britico's that bad? He could be black or white, we cannot be racist when taking such decisions...... grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:44pm On Jun 07, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Walahi Theresa and Javid, would not even offer a cup of tea..........

Afterwards, they would ask you to provide your residence status.......

grin you guys aren’t serious
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:45pm On Jun 07, 2018
Aphrodite007:

grin you guys aren’t serious

We dey brainstorm nah......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:46pm On Jun 07, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Are Britico's that bad? She could be black or white, we cannot be racist when taking such decisions...... grin grin grin

I actually laughed out loud at this grin

Baba I’m the wrongest person to ask because I’ll give a biased answer seeing as my Oga na britico- I’ll def say they are lovely. But not all of them are sha... But most are sha.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2018
Aphrodite007:

I actually laughed out loud at this grin

Baba I’m the wrongest person to ask because I’ll give a biased answer seeing as my Oga na britico- I’ll def say they are lovely. But not all of them are sha... But most are sha.

Nah the most we dey find for her.... smiley

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 7:54pm On Jun 07, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Nah the most we dey find for her.... smiley

Haha una good luck!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 11:53pm On Jun 07, 2018
heard of a british family that the relatives fought and threw punches, brides family vs groom's family at the wedding and ruined it.

By the way....What is your Marmite experience? Hate it or love it!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 1:37am On Jun 08, 2018
I dey hail Una o.
My Temporal DL just arrived.

How much does the Theory test cost and where can I register and sit for it?

Incase you flunck the first time, do you still pay for the second attempt?

Cc: Fatima04, Mamatukwas.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 8:26am On Jun 08, 2018
Inkredible:
I dey hail Una o.

dvsa website

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 8:59am On Jun 08, 2018
Inkredible:
I dey hail Una o.

Hiya. Register for it here https://www.gov.uk/book-theory-test

Costs £23. I believe you will pay oh coz if you even go late for the test it's goodbye to your money. Best of luck.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:02am On Jun 08, 2018
Sabi folks in the house. Good morning.

Can anyone recommend an insurance company that will give us fair rates to be able to drive. I heard that as new drivers and non-eu members rates can be quite high. Pls if anyone knows a coy who isn't too biased in this direction kindly recommend. Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nomad26: 11:25am On Jun 08, 2018
If you have prior driving experience in Nigeria, I would suggest Aviva because they take into account total number of years you've held a licence (not necessarily a UK licence) which makes the quote much cheaper.
Also, if you buy through topcashback app, you can get 50 pounds cashback on your insurance.

Mamatukwas:

Can anyone recommend an insurance company that will give us fair rates to be able to drive. I heard that as new drivers and non-eu members rates can be quite high. Pls if anyone knows a coy who isn't too biased in this direction kindly recommend. Thanks.

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2018
nomad26:
If you have prior driving experience in Nigeria, I would suggest Aviva because they take into account total number of years you've held a licence (not necessarily a UK licence) which makes the quote much cheaper.
Also, if you buy through topcashback app, you can get 50 pounds cashback on your insurance.

Thanks alot. How will they know how many years driving experience I have though without Proof? I only have my most recent drivers license even though I've been driving since 09.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:54pm On Jun 08, 2018
Mamatukwas:

Rates vary depending on loads of factors...... You would just have to use sites like moneysupermarket, compare the market or other price comparison websites.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:56pm On Jun 08, 2018
Mamatukwas:

Hiya. Register for it here https://www.gov.uk/book-theory-test

Costs £23. I believe you will pay oh coz if you even go late for the test it's goodbye to your money. Best of luck.

No African time.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 5:38pm On Jun 08, 2018
Na Die insurance. They'll even install evil spirit in the car to be monitoring somebody.... Na wa! At least, no need to buy tracker now
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Rates vary depending on loads of factors...... You would just have to use sites like moneysupermarket, compare the market or other price comparison websites.....

Ok. Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 8:29pm On Jun 08, 2018
DaveChapelle:
Na Die insurance. They'll even install evil spirit in the car to be monitoring somebody.... Na wa! At least, no need to buy tracker now

Lol I remembered they installed the monitoring spirit when I first started driving. You go online to check how you are performing, you will just be seeing red like a prostitute doing menstruation.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 1:02am On Jun 09, 2018
nomad26:

Really? Been told to use the topcashback o, been doing guy! Omo menh, no time to waste money, I’m so downloading it ASAP!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 1:04am On Jun 09, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

Lol I remembered they installed the monitoring spirit when I first started driving. You go online to check how you are performing, you will just be seeing red like a prostitute doing menstruation.

Hian! This description sha! grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 1:05am On Jun 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Exactly the advice I was going to give. Moneysupermarket is great, plus I’ve been seeing ads for confused.com (for car insurance). I intend to check them out when I’m ready to stop jumping bus!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:31am On Jun 09, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Exactly the advice I was going to give. Moneysupermarket is great, plus I’ve been seeing ads for confused.com (for car insurance). I intend to check them out when I’m ready to stop jumping bus!

The bus is good in the summer, but come the winter season....... It's like waiting in the freezer.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ralphlauren(m): 5:53am On Jun 09, 2018
Aphrodite007:

Moneysupermarket is the truth mehn.

I was previously with Churchill for my car insurance.

A colleague told me about comparing providers so I went to moneysupermarket.

Guess what? I got a quote with Admiral that reduced my yearly premium by half !!!! shocked shocked shocked I was shook. I also discovered I can get cheaper gas and electricity, so I’m considering switching that as well.

3 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ralphlauren(m): 6:15am On Jun 09, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

All my outgoings pass through Starling except for transport that I use revolut for. With revolut, you have the capability to save lose change into a vault and also do cryptocurrency. Monzo is for savings. I can't remember the last time I touched my other cards. I'm seriously considering switching to Starling business account.

Wow! Are these two “banks” that good?

I’m actually tempted to try them out based on your reviews.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 8:16am On Jun 09, 2018
Ralphlauren:

Wow! Are these two “banks” that good?

I’m actually tempted to try them out based on your reviews.

I have the three of them starling, monzo and revolut. They are very good. But my main bank now is starling. Go on your phone now and open atleast starling and try it for few days. You will stop using your traditional bank for daily spends.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:13am On Jun 09, 2018
Ralphlauren:

Moneysupermarket is the truth mehn.

I was previously with Churchill for my car insurance.

A colleague told me about comparing providers so I went to moneysupermarket.

Guess what? I got a quote with Admiral that reduced my yearly premium by half !!!! shocked shocked shocked I was shook. I also discovered I can get cheaper gas and electricity, so I’m considering switching that as well.

Is there any other way to search for insurance? The trick is to change providers every year cos they will double your premium even if you don't make a claim.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ralphlauren(m): 9:34am On Jun 09, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

I have the three of them starling, monzo and revolut. They are very good. But my main bank now is starling. Go on your phone now and open atleast starling and try it for few days. You will stop using your traditional bank for daily spends.

I will open one with starling this weekend.

I’m happy to see challenger banks getting very good feedback. I think the main street banks are exploiting too much. Halifax has increased their monthly charges for one of their current accounts to £17. Fee that started from £10 when I first opened. Meanwhile, I have not made a single claim on the so called “added benefits”.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.