Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,129 members, 7,807,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1300977 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:20pm On May 21, 2020
TRAY2:
I’m so happy, that is £5600 plus saved for my next 3 year renewal, now i can channel the money into getting a mortgage.Thank you Boris/ Patel, una try small

Or send the money to me....... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 7:44pm On May 21, 2020
fatima04:

Exactly why must it take their death before granting them PR but other side of it is easing the financial stress on the family that just lost someone. I foresee more immigration changes coming

I think by the time the full details are worked out they are going to put in some conditions restricting it to a certain period of time.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Spanishmilf(m): 7:48pm On May 21, 2020
fatima04:

It will gradually. There was a time this page wasn't getting a lot of traffic as well. Even right now there are times thread regular get busy and we drop off front page.
No problem I will create one.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Spanishmilf(m): 7:48pm On May 21, 2020
justwise:

It will if you keep it updated. There are many threads like this here even for US but the biggest prob is not keeping the thread active
oh okay will do that.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TRAY2(m): 8:08pm On May 21, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Or send the money to me....... grin
hahaha Ogar Lexus, this news sweet me wella o, abeg you fit recommend me the best mortgage lender, I have been in the UK for one and half years, i have a good credit score, and a reasonable deposit.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:44pm On May 21, 2020
TRAY2:
hahaha Ogar Lexus, this news sweet me wella o, abeg you fit recommend me the best mortgage lender, I have been in the UK for one and half years, i have a good credit score, and a reasonable deposit.

Good is subjective.......

Try your bank and mortgage broker, then compare rates/terms........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:46pm On May 21, 2020
TRAY2:
I’m so happy, that is £5600 plus saved for my next 3 year renewal, now i can channel the money into getting a mortgage.Thank you Boris/ Patel, una try small

it outrageous the fees they charge ……… a standard family of 4 , by the end of the waka . it is some down payment amount for all the visa fees and all angry.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 9:56pm On May 21, 2020
TRAY2:
I’m so happy, that is £5600 plus saved for my next 3 year renewal, now i can channel the money into getting a mortgage.Thank you Boris/ Patel, Sir Kier Starmer una try small
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 10:06pm On May 21, 2020
thannks ...i know..

the thread has been quiet for months..

no one answering oo

Lexusgs430:

A thread already exists for this spousal visa extension, it's filled with all the information you require and more......

Stop seeking oranges, from an apple tree...... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dreddboy007: 7:27am On May 22, 2020
Guys, any update on when the TLS center in Lagos Is going to re-open?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by esterella: 8:19am On May 22, 2020
TRAY2:

Please, is there any inclination that dependants (spouses & children) of foreign NHS workers will be exempted from paying the IHS surcharge as well?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MrBigiman: 9:14am On May 22, 2020
Any body in Hull, how that end dey be?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 12:06pm On May 22, 2020
Yes! IHS scrapped. very good. Welldone everyone.

Now for citizenship wink.

Once that one enter,next day I go Australia. no time
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Symbae: 12:59pm On May 22, 2020
dreddboy007:
Guys, any update on when the TLS center in Lagos Is going to re-open?

Any idea on this?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 2:57pm On May 22, 2020
Symbae:

Any idea on this?

The nigerian airport is still closed with no date announced so nobody can answer this .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beyondbasicsng: 5:48pm On May 22, 2020
MrBigiman:
Any body in Hull, how that end dey be?

I know people there and been there .. you either love it or hate it. On the positive it is cheap to live in, its close to York and Leeds. If you're looking to live here, there are surrounding places such as Willerby and Beverley. Kingswood is a good development (quiet and lovely) which seem to be separated from town as it's got all the amenities you can live with ... if you want Nigerian food, there is a place for this.

Private schools for kids are available ... both church run and proper private school. If you don't mind the smell around some parts of it then it's cheap enough in terms of living ... jobs might be a bit hard unless you're a doctor, lecturer but tbh you can work in leeds or york and still live a good life.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MrBigiman: 6:46pm On May 22, 2020
beyondbasicsng:

I know people there and been there .. you either love it or hate it. On the positive it is cheap to live in, its close to York and Leeds. If you're looking to live here, there are surrounding places such as Willerby and Beverley. Kingswood is a good development (quite and lovely) which seem to be separated from town as it's got all the amenities you can live with ... if you want Nigerian food, there is a place for this.

Private schools for kids are available ... both church run and proper private school. If you don't mind the smell around some parts of it then it's cheap enough in terms of living ... jobs might be a bit hard unless you're a doctor, lecturer but tbh you can work in leeds or york and still live a good life.

Cheers
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kenny242(m): 10:08pm On May 22, 2020
Oh!! finally got to last page!!
Thanks to u guys have learnt alot?
I just want to ask the chances of a biochem graduate getting a job in the UK!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TRAY2(m): 10:11pm On May 22, 2020
esterella:

Please, is there any inclination that dependants (spouses & children) of foreign NHS workers will be exempted from paying the IHS surcharge as well?
Most Definitely.. it includes their dependants
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Peaches101: 3:28am On May 23, 2020
Hello house,
What are my chances of getting admission into MSc. Nursing in any UK university with my HND in Banking & Finance although i have been in uk on a tier-4 dependant visa and have been working as a carer for about 6 months. Please advise.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 6:31am On May 23, 2020
Peaches101:
Hello house,
What are my chances of getting admission into MSc. Nursing in any UK university with my HND in Banking & Finance although i have been in uk on a tier-4 dependant visa and have been working as a carer for about 6 months. Please advise.

The taste of the pudding is in the eating.
Good thing, UK most admissions application are free.
Apply to your schools of choice, and take it from there.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 6:35am On May 23, 2020
Kenny242:
Oh!! finally got to last page!!
Thanks to u guys have learnt alot?
I just want to ask the chances of a biochem graduate getting a job in the UK!

Big Question is: What Biochemistry do you know that a British or EU Biochemistry graduate doesn’t know?

In other words, what stands you out as exceptional?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HiddenID(m): 7:37am On May 23, 2020
Good Morning everyone.

This is a weird question but I just want to know, what type of water do you guys drink at home?

I was advised that tap is safe. I've also read a couple articles/forum comments on the Internet saying that UK tap is safe for drinking at home.

I just want to make sure I'm not alone wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:16am On May 23, 2020
HiddenID:
Good Morning everyone.

This is a weird question but I just want to know, what type of water do you guys drink at home?

I was advised that tap is safe. I've also read a couple articles/forum comments on the Internet saying that UK tap is safe for drinking at home.

tap is fine as I have drank it for years before (but with a water filter jug) but I don't like the taste of just tap water so I buy the Asda 17p water for 2L (which is stil tap water just filtered and cheap ) ………….. so this is personal preference

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by esterella: 8:26am On May 23, 2020
TRAY2:
Most Definitely.. it includes their dependants

Wow! That's cool. Unlike the initial no-fee 1 year renewal they offered the frontline workers whose visa renewal fell due between March and September which excluded their dependants!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:39am On May 23, 2020
HiddenID:
Good Morning everyone.

If you use a kettle, to boil that lovely cup of tea/coffee in the mornings.......

Ask yourself this question, does that kettle have limescale buildup? If your answer is yes.........

You might need to buy descaling tablets, to descale your inside organs........ grin

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 8:41am On May 23, 2020
fatima04:

Such a good news to read, hope they add family members paying NI and reduce ILR fees. Nothing our God cannot do grin grin

Or refund everyone paying NI. Some of us aren’t Doctors and these double tax isn’t fair to us either.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:42am On May 23, 2020
RalphJean:

Big Question is: What Biochemistry do you know that a British or EU Biochemistry graduate doesn’t know?

In other words, what stands you out as exceptional?

Nigerian education standard, is world class...... No higher institution beats their standards worldwide .......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:44am On May 23, 2020
Peaches101:
Hello house,

From counting money to chucking injections......... grin

Fear God o...... wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:46am On May 23, 2020
tshoboy:

Or refund everyone paying NI. Some of us aren’t Doctors and these double tax isn’t fair to us either.

Are you now jealuxing key workers...... Remember to come out and clap, every thursdays o........ grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HiddenID(m): 9:10am On May 23, 2020
LagosismyHome:

tap is fine as I have drank it for years before (but with a water filter jug) but I don't like the taste of just tap water so I buy the Asda 17p water for 2L (which is stil tap water just filtered and cheap ) ………….. so this is personal preference
Alright, thanks a lot.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by HiddenID(m): 9:12am On May 23, 2020
Lexusgs430:

If you use a kettle, to boil that lovely cup of tea/coffee in the mornings.......

Ask yourself this question, does that kettle have limescale buildup? If your answer is yes.........

You might need to buy descaling tablets, to descale your inside organs........ grin
Hmm I have noticed this but never seen it as a big deal. Please what do you drink?

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.