Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,716 members, 7,802,164 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1298422 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 4:12pm On May 28, 2020
Lexusgs430:

You don't want to be like the Duke Of Westminster?....... grin

Ma Da left me f**k all.. I couldny grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Baldwretch: 5:26pm On May 28, 2020
STENON:
lols @ the bolded cheesy cheesy
My bank details is confidential so I am afraid I can't help.
Please my advice is for you to try Payoneer as an alternative to get your money out.
Peace !!

Your Nigerian bank details, you mean? Okay, no problem.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 5:33pm On May 28, 2020
Baldwretch:

Your Nigerian bank details, you mean? Okay, no problem.
Both sir

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 5:34pm On May 28, 2020
Inkredible:

It does not corelate with the exchange rate on who's bread and butter winning.

Do you know if they're the ones even sending money to me? cheesy

Abeg o! Dip shall continue...

It may dip.
You may get 20,000 naira for £10 soon.

But guess what?

20,000 naira will only buy 2 gala and 1 La casera for you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 5:38pm On May 28, 2020
At least ‘pezin’ can buy that Aldi water. He tried grin grin grin

Lexusgs430:

That spirit no gree me too o.... Infact, that settling word, is an insult...... grin

Typical Nigerian mentality, everything is settling....... You would almost settle to breathe.......... shocked
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:42pm On May 28, 2020
Mimzyy:
At least ‘pezin’ can buy that Aldi water. He tried grin grin grin

On the ratio of 80/20......

Plenty aldi bottles of water pesin fit buy for £2.00........ cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ace721(m): 6:06pm On May 28, 2020
Hi fellow Nairalanders,

i'm in my final year at unical, i would really love to work and further my studies in the UK, but i have a few questions:

1. Is it worth it to leave Nigeria to work and live in UK?
2. How easy is it to get a job? (I'm in the medical field, radiography to be exact)
3. Which city is the cheapest buh best city to start? What is the cost of living(rent)?
4. Is it really hard to save money in UK?
5. How much can i survive on for a month?
6. Can i work while going to school?

i just want to know if it would be a good decision to make, and to know what i would face whent i get there...the advantages and disadvantages.
Advice on the way of life in UK would also be appreciated.

i'm waiting for a response, thank you in advance.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 6:12pm On May 28, 2020
RalphJean:

It may dip.
You may get 20,000 naira for £10 soon.

But guess what?

20,000 naira will only buy 2 gala and 1 La casera for you.

Yes and transport from CMS to Lekki will be like 1 million. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 6:17pm On May 28, 2020
Ace721:
Hi fellow Nairalanders,

i'm in my final year at unical, i would really love to work and further my studies in the UK, but i have a few questions:

2. How easy is it to get a job? (I'm in the medical field, radiography to be exact)
3. Which city is the cheapest buh best city to start? What is the cost of living(rent)?

i just want to know if it would be a good decision to make, and to know what i would face whent i get there...the advantages and disadvantages.

1: Not at all.
2: Very hard something.
3: London o. Very cheap eh.
4: For wia! Easy as cake.
5: £10 cheesy
6: Why na? Is one after the other.

Advantage: "I'm in abroad now"

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beryour(m): 6:22pm On May 28, 2020
Biko, you for just kuku kee the guy na.

His heartbeat by now would be x25 grin

Inkredible:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beryour(m): 6:30pm On May 28, 2020
Learning from awa Boris, check the response in bold

Ace721:
Hi fellow Nairalanders,

1. Is it worth it to leave Nigeria to work and live in UK? Yes and No, depends on the exact situation you find yourself and your plans
2. How easy is it to get a job? (I'm in the medical field, radiography to be exact) Easy and not easy, depends on you
3. Which city is the cheapest buh best city to start? Not sure why you dey find cheapest city What is the cost of living(rent)? Cheap and expensive, depends on you and what you want. Room share or 4 bdr house
4. Is it really hard to save money in UK? Yes and No. If you learn from history, history wont repeat itself
5. How much can i survive on for a month? Totally depends on you, but if uve got a job you might survive
6. Can i work while going to school? If student visa, 20 hours per week..nor think say you go exceed am oh

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by missjekyll: 7:04pm On May 28, 2020
Ace721:
Hi fellow Nairalanders,

Wrong Thread. Would you like to check the UK Students Thread,perhaps?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ace721(m): 7:09pm On May 28, 2020
Inkredible:

No offence but i know you're trying to be funny, but try to use your head...not everything is a joke.
If you don't have a reasonable answer then keep your dry jokes to yourself. I'm here to get useful information, not to waste time on people like you.

9 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ace721(m): 7:15pm On May 28, 2020
missjekyll:

Wrong Thread. Would you like to check the UK Students Thread,perhaps?

Well, i wanted to work there for a while before trying to further my studies i.e M.sc and Ph.D....so i thought the thread would help.
Thank you for the advice, i'll check it out.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ace721(m): 7:23pm On May 28, 2020
beryour:
Learning from awa Boris, check the response in bold

Little confusing cuz it didn't really answer the questions...buh thanks, i appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 7:41pm On May 28, 2020
You see. Very good settlement cheesy cheesy

Lexusgs430:

On the ratio of 80/20......

Plenty aldi bottles of water pesin fit buy for £2.00........ cheesy

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olalekank(m): 7:44pm On May 28, 2020
Ace721:

No offence but i know you're trying to be funny, but try to use your head...not everything is a joke.
If you don't have a reasonable answer then keep your dry jokes to yourself. I'm here to get useful information, not to waste time on people like you.
Approximately a year ago
I came here to ask some questions and then @justwise tried to discredit me lol. I was really pissed and ranted like this.

Here's lagosismyhome response to me then. Still totally valid

LagosismyHome:

Calm down biko ............. have a glass of water . We no dey vex like that for UK ooo . grin

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olalekank(m): 7:50pm On May 28, 2020
Ace721:
Hi fellow Nairalanders,

To be honest, a Google search would have answered most of your questions. But then to answer the questions

1. This is literally most Nigerians dream. If you have the opportunity, then by all means, go for it.

2. Can't say tbh

3. A Google search would probably do

4. Just like every other place, if you earn well and are frugal enough, you should able to save something. It's dependent on your income, your location, how frugal you are, etc

5. Another Google question but with a targeted search to the location of your school of interest

6. Yes, and like someone mentioned, 20 hours a week

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ace721(m): 8:04pm On May 28, 2020
Olalekank:

To be honest, a Google search would have answered most of your questions. But then to answer the questions

1. This is literally most Nigerians dream. If you have the opportunity, then by all means, go for it.

2. Can't say tbh

3. A Google search would probably do

4. Just like every other place, if you earn well and are frugal enough, you should able to save something. It's dependent on your income, your location, how frugal you are, etc

5. Another Google question but with a targeted search to the location of your school of interest

6. Yes, and like someone mentioned, 20 hours a week

Thanks a lot, and i just found out that manchester is a nice city to start. My main problem was if i could easily save money (it's in my blood to do so, i grew up with the mentality).

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ace721(m): 8:07pm On May 28, 2020
Olalekank:

Approximately a year ago
I came here to ask some questions and then @justwise tried to discredit me lol. I was really pissed and ranted like this.

Here's lagosismyhome response to me then. Still totally valid

Lol, i no go lie....the tin bin vex me small o

it's just that i'm taking it serious...it's part of my dream to be there.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 8:23pm On May 28, 2020
Ace721:
Hi fellow Nairalanders,

What type of visa do you want to enter the UK with?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by profemebee(m): 9:25pm On May 28, 2020
mehn i still havent gotten over Azimo's jazz ooo.. cos of the speed of crediting the naija account..

did 471 last night **sobs**

Inkredible:

angry angry angry But Maka why na? Something that should be dipping.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olalekank(m): 10:17pm On May 28, 2020
Ace721:

Lol, i no go lie....the tin bin vex me small o

it's just that i'm taking it serious...it's part of my dream to be there.
It's quite understandable but it's always advisable to ask Google and then come here with specific follow up questions
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 10:37pm On May 28, 2020
beryour:
Biko, you for just kuku kee the guy na.

His heartbeat by name would be x25 grin

grin grin grin He's about to pop his melon innit?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 10:40pm On May 28, 2020
profemebee:
mehn i still havent gotten over Azimo's jazz ooo.. cos of the speed of crediting the naija account..

did 471 last night **sobs**

Switch to Ace or Small world. Their rates are quite good atm. With a little caveat though.

Ace delivers faster for me. Haven't tried small world yet.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 28, 2020
cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 1:32am On May 29, 2020
Lexusgs430:

You don't want to be like the Duke Of Westminster?....... grin

He will be loosing loads of money as most offices based in the city are considering reducing office space because of a shift to working from home.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:42am On May 29, 2020
marylandcakes:

He will be loosing loads of money as most offices based in the city are considering reducing office space because of a shift to working from home.

But he still got the premium assets......... Loads of them...... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 5:07am On May 29, 2020
Giant Causeway shenanigans cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ace721(m): 6:42am On May 29, 2020
justwise:

What type of visa do you want to enter the UK with?
work visa, and later try to earn citizenship
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ace721(m): 6:45am On May 29, 2020
Olalekank:

It's quite understandable but it's always advisable to ask Google and then come here with specific follow up questions

Got it, thank you....
i just wanted to be sure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.