Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,918 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1298802 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by deept(m): 10:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
topellycategory:
I did not receive any email from the embassy,I tried several times calling their telephone lines unfortunately it's not going through ,I hope they fix this appointment issues because My passport it's expired already. Thanks man I do appreciate your efforts

When they open, they will send appointment dates to applicants starting from people with march appointment until they deal with the backlog.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Kingp91: 8:34am On Jun 29, 2020
How long you lived in the uk ?
LagosismyHome:

I live in uk. . Trust me you dont want to see my savings account cheesy .

Both countries are good/bad to different people. One brush doesnt paint all
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lotusflowerbomb: 9:52pm On Jun 30, 2020
Abeg UK People, when are they opening up your borders? I need to get a move on.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
Lotusflowerbomb:

The UK borders are open.
Question is: When are Commercial flights going to begin lifting passengers out of your country??

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:49pm On Jun 30, 2020
Lotusflowerbomb:

I know no new incoming student want to hear this or anybody who is planning to relocate soon

But based on the number of PAYE that has been drastically reduced with lots of job loss still coming. This might not be a good time to relocate but our people dont like to hear the truth so they hold on to faith and hope .

No problem with that as long as you are financially ready to support yourself if things dont go as planned .

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lotusflowerbomb: 8:14am On Jul 01, 2020
LagosismyHome:

I know no new incoming student want to hear this or anybody who is planning to relocate soon

But based on the number of PAYE that has been drastically reduced with lots of job loss still coming. This might not be a good time to relocate but our people dont like to hear the truth so they hold on to faith and hope .

No problem with that as long as you are financially ready to support yourself if things dont go as planned .
Don't worry, when we get there we will cross that bridge.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by donklint86: 11:33am On Jul 01, 2020
Please, advice me gurus in the house.
In January 2018, I applied for a German tourist visa and in my application, I filled that I'm married (I'm not actually married). I submitted fake marriage certificate and child birth certificate. I was denied visa on the grounds that I do not have enough funds to take care of my stay in Germany.

Fast forward to 2020, I have a fiancee, a Nigerian/British citizen who is planning on coming back this September possibly after restriction is lifted on overseas travel for our wedding.

My question now is if she file for me as her hubby, will the UK embassy dig up my past details from the German tourist visa application about my supposed married status and child? And if they do, what will be my chances of getting the visa? Please, gurus in the house make una help a brother with advice.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2020
donklint86:
In January 2018, I applied for a German tourist visa and in my application, I filled that I'm married (I'm not actually married). I submitted fake marriage certificate and child birth certificate. I was denied visa on the grounds that I do not have enough funds to take care of my stay in Germany.

Fast forward to 2020, I have a fiancee, a Nigerian/British citizen who is planning on coming back this September possibly after restriction is lifted on overseas travel for our wedding.

My question now is if she file for me as her hubby, will the UK embassy dig up my past details from the German tourist visa application about my supposed married status and child? And if they do, what will be my chances of getting the visa? Please, gurus in the house make una help a brother with advice.

You want someone to give you a ‘feel good’ reply yes?
Well, not me.

You laid your bed; you should be ready/willing to lie on it.

If they dig up, you bear it. If they don’t, lucky you.

Moral of the story: Never lie. Lying is not good.

11 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 7:13pm On Jul 01, 2020
donklint86:

How can UK access Germany's IT systems to detect your lies?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mrcodebreaker: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2020
donklint86:

They will not know. They don’t share visa application information. Only issue is your shengen record. you might have to avoid shengen countries until you get your passport.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mrcodebreaker: 8:04pm On Jul 01, 2020
TRAY2:
Congratulations on being in one of the most sort after jobs in the UK, I moved to UK last year January on tier 2 Visa as Radiographer, I must say it is the best decision ever, I got 3 job offers, Southhampton, Manchester and Scunthorpe, after lots of enquiries, i decided to move to Scunny, because it is a cheaper and more economical place to start life in a foreign land, and i also had colleagues working there, In my almost 1 year plus here, i have achieved a lot of which in 10 years back home i would not have achieved, UK is the best place to practice Radiography in the world, here you can get to the highest level of this Profession, I am being sponsored by my Trust for postgraduate studies in Medical Ultrasound in University of leeds, about to buy a house, bought a new car, moved my family, got my UK driving license, etc. All i can say is, do your internship and learn very well, Luckily i also finished from UNICAL, we have one of the best Medical School graduates, From Nysc start your registration with HCPC, get it and start applying for jobs, get skype interviews, and by the time you are through with service you must have gotten a job and take it from there. I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Teepp10: 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2020
Good day good people.

I am on tier 2 visa with no recourse to public funds. Someone is telling me I can get child benefit on a child born here, that it'snot public funds. Is this true please?

I don't want any shikini money that will affect me during ILR application o, please come to my aid

Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2020
Child benefit is public funds

https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit-move-to-uk

Teepp10:
Good day good people.

I am on tier 2 visa with no recourse to public funds. Someone is telling me I can get child benefit on a child born here, that it'snot public funds. Is this true please?

I don't want any shikini money that will affect me during ILR application o, please come to my aid

Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beryour(m): 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
Read through the link Bourne007 posted and digest it.

There are lots of people that will always give BS advises about laws/regulations not valid and how people are having their way....DO NOT LISTEN to them.

gov.uk has most answers

Teepp10:
Good day good people.

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Endlessgrace: 8:29pm On Jul 03, 2020
Teepp10:
Good day good people.

Thank you

Child benefit is public funds.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dgee1(m): 9:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
Hello house, please I need your advise. A friend I know in Ipswich asked me to find out route through which I could move to the UK. He's oyinbo who I met many years ago during the days of Yahoo Messenger, so he doesn't know how we could go about it from here. I have done some research on the Tier4 UK student visa, and though I know he's ready to help me financially in some ways, I feel he wont be able to help pay tuition as high as £11k especially knowing he's just trying to help out. So, please I need your advise on the other options I could explore. He also talked about providing a reference and I wouldn't know how that could help the whole processing. I have a degree in chemistry and don't want his willingness to help in some ways go to waste. Would really be happy to receive guidance on steps I could take.

Thanks so much.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2020
3 options are open to you;
Tier 1 (can be capital intensive depending on the category but you must have a viable business proposal or possess exceptionally high talent), Tier 2 (if you can get an employer to sponsor your work Visa - you can apply for certain jobs from Nigeria; this won't come on a platter of Gold) and, Tier 4 (which can get you a 2 year PSW - if it kicks off as scheduled and eventually a Tier 2 job sponsorship which can get you ILR in 5 years if you are lucky.
The only option where your "friend" can have a direct impact is through the spousal visa (a lengthy and sometimes, emotionally draining process) which has its own conditions and a level of physical interaction (you must have met physically) as one of the proofs of being genuine. I don't advice this even if you eventually find yourself in the UK, don't jump in without knowing exactly who your "friend" is; looks and perceptions could be deceiving.
If you go for the Tier 4, you can use a stone to kill 2 birds - improve your professional options through education while getting a chance at exploring the UK job market. You'd need to meet the financial requirements (tuition + maintenance) in addition to passing the genuine student test.

PS: Don't just assume that your friend is willing to help, ask if he is and to what level he's willing to help. You need to know in order to plan.
Also ask yourself this questions;
1. What would happen if your friend's willingness changes? If he changes his mind, what would you do?
2. Would you still be able to go ahead with the process of whatever route you choose?
3. What exactly do you want?
4. Where exactly do you see yourself in a few years from now irrespective of the economic or global situations?

dgee1:
Hello house, please I need your advise. A friend I know in Ipswich asked me to find out route through which I could move to the UK. He's oyinbo who I met many years ago during the days of Yahoo Messenger, so he doesn't know how we could go about it from here. I have done some research on the Tier4 UK student visa, and though I know he's ready to help me financially in some ways, I feel he wont be able to help pay tuition as high as £11k especially knowing he's just trying to help out. So, please I need your advise on the other options I could explore. He also talked about providing a reference and I wouldn't know how that could help the whole processing. I have a degree in chemistry and don't want his willingness to help in some ways go to waste. Would really be happy to receive guidance on steps I could take.

Thanks so much.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2020
dgee1:

Thanks so much.
Tier 1 exceptional talent visa is a feasible option and quite cheap as well. Your friend could write you a very good reference letter and you can then submit your credentials with the referenced to The Royal society.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dgee1(m): 10:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
The friend is actually a guy, I'm a guy too, so no marriage......No Homo lol. Will work on the points you highlighted.Thanks for your detailed advise. Well appreciated.
mimilyrics:
3 options are open to you;
Tier 1 (can be capital intensive depending on the category but you must have a viable business proposal or possess exceptionally high talent), Tier 2 (if you can get an employer to sponsor your work Visa - you can apply for certain jobs from Nigeria; this won't come on a platter of Gold) and, Tier 4 (which can get you a 2 year PSW - if it kicks off as scheduled and eventually a Tier 2 job sponsorship which can get you ILR in 5 years if you are lucky.
The only option where your "friend" can have a direct impact is through the spousal visa (a lengthy and sometimes, emotionally draining process) which has its own conditions and a level of physical interaction (you must have met physically) as one of the proofs of being genuine. I don't advice this even if you eventually find yourself in the UK, don't jump in without knowing exactly who your "friend" is; looks and perceptions could be deceiving.
If you go for the Tier 4, you can use a stone to kill 2 birds - improve your professional options through education while getting a chance at exploring the UK job market. You'd need to meet the financial requirements (tuition + maintenance) in addition to passing the genuine student test.

PS: Don't just assume that your friend is willing to help, ask if he is and to what level he's willing to help. You need to know in order to plan.
Also ask yourself this questions;
1. What would happen if your friend's willingness changes? If he changes his mind, what would you do?
2. Would you still be able to go ahead with the process of whatever route you choose?
3. What exactly do you want?
4. Where exactly do you see yourself in a few years from now irrespective of the economic or global situations?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by gratefulme40: 10:20pm On Jul 03, 2020
Teepp10:
Good day good people.

Thank you

Leave those money alone ooo. A colleague collected it and when she applied for visa renewal, she was asked for proof that she refunded the money. Leave advisers oooo and face your hustle biko

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 10:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
grin grin grin
Okay. My bad! Just seeing the "m" behind your screen name. See links below for more info on the other visa categories:

https://www.gov.uk/innovator-visa

https://www.gov.uk/start-up-visa

https://www.gov.uk/global-talent

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa

dgee1:
The friend is actually a guy, I'm a guy too, so no marriage......No Homo lol. Will work on the points you highlighted.Thanks for your detailed advise. Well appreciated.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dgee1(m): 10:24pm On Jul 03, 2020
Oh wow! Please, sorry to bother you again, can you please elaborate? Thanks
dustydee:

Tier 1 exceptional talent visa is a feasible option and quite cheap as well. Your friend could write you a very good reference letter and you can then submit your credentials with the referenced to The Royal society.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dgee1(m): 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
grin grin no problem. Thanks
mimilyrics:
grin grin grin
Okay. My bad! Just seeing the "m" behind your screen name. See links below for more info on the other visa categories:

https://www.gov.uk/innovator-visa

https://www.gov.uk/start-up-visa

https://www.gov.uk/global-talent

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 10:30pm On Jul 03, 2020
The friend's "reference" letter has no bearing except it's going to be a joint venture business with both of them in which case it will be more of a business document detailing joint business planning. He must be endorsed by an authorised body listed in the category he wants to apply in.

dustydee:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
mimilyrics:
The friend's "reference" letter has no bearing except it's going to be a joint venture business with both of them in which case it will be more of a business document detailing joint business planning. He must be endorsed by an authorised body listed in the category he wants to apply in.

I think we are referring to different types of visa. I was talking about Exceptional talent (Promise) visa. You do need a letter from someone based in the UK.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 10:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
dgee1:
Oh wow! Please, sorry to bother you again, can you please elaborate? Thanks
See global talent link posted above.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
Not just from someone based in the UK but from an expert/research supervisor in the applicant's area of expertise to evaluate and declare or affirm the applicant's potentials / expertise / exceptional skills as world-class standard.
A letter from a "friend" wouldn't cut it; a friend without expertise in your area of exceptional skills or expertise
can't sufficiently prove that you've got exceptional skills.

dustydee:

I think we are referring to different types of visa. I was talking about Exceptional talent (Promise) visa. You do need a letter from someone based in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2020
mimilyrics:
Not just from someone based in the UK but from an expert/research supervisor in the applicant's area of expertise to evaluate and declare or affirm the applicant's potentials / expertise / exceptional skills as world-class standard.
A letter from a "friend" wouldn't cut it; a friend without expertise in your area of exceptional skills or expertise
can't sufficiently prove that you've got exceptional skills.

You may be right but what does this mean?
The decision on whether the reference is strong enough or not is left for the endorsing bodies.

Here's tech nation's eligibility criteria:
https://technation.io/visa-tech-nation-visa-guide/#exceptional-promise

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mimilyrics: 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2020
Eminent (adjective): (of a person) famous and respected within a particular sphere.
How is the above definition different from what I stated earlier? An eminent person in a particular field must have shown expertise or astute research qualities before he/she can attain eminent status.
You stated that the OP's friend (who barely knows him) could write a reference letter without ascertaining whether the friend is qualified to do so and I clarified that getting a friend (without expertise in a particular field) to write a reference letter will not cut it- this is a friend whose reference would not fly because writing references entail impartially talking about a person's exceptional and professional qualities which you have evidenced and judged from the person's publications, professional, educational and research accomplishments. The people I know that have done this did not use friends in the UK; they used people (who may also be their friends but not necessarily so) of high repute (who could attest to their professional and exceptional abilities) in their various fields because using a "friend " just because the said "friend" lives in the UK won't cut it.
A friend without proven expertise in any area can't sufficiently prove that you've got exceptional skills. For a friend to do this, he/she has to be known as an notable authority or expert in a field.

dustydee:

The decision on whether the reference is strong enough or not is left for the endorsing bodies.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 12:56pm On Jul 04, 2020
dustydee:

Dustydee:
I would like to connect with you to learn more about this global (exceptional) talent route.
May I send you a private message please?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 1:15pm On Jul 04, 2020
mimilyrics:
Eminent (adjective): (of a person) famous and respected within a particular sphere.
How is the above definition different from what I stated earlier? An eminent person in a particular field must have shown expertise or astute research qualities before he/she can attain eminent status.
You stated that the OP's friend (who barely knows him) could write a reference letter without ascertaining whether the friend is qualified to do so and I clarified that getting a friend (without expertise in a particular field) to write a reference letter will not cut it- this is a friend whose reference would not fly because writing references entail talking about a person's exceptional and professional qualities which you have evidenced and judged from the person's publications, professional, educational and research accomplishments. The people I know that have done this did not use friends; they used people of high repute (who could attest to their professional and exceptional abilities) in their various fields because using a "friend " just because the said "friend" lives in the UK won't cut it.
A friend without proven expertise in any area can't sufficiently prove that you've got exceptional skills. For a friend to do this, he/she has to be known as an notable authority or expert in a field.

Please show me where I said that. He said he had known him for many years and for him to be willing to write a reference for him then he (the friend) must be comfortable with their relationship. Now he did not give any more details apart from what he wrote their so whether he is qualified to apply for the scheme or not is left for him to determine.
The requirement said EMINENT person resident in the UK and not eminent person in research. How do you determine if his friend is eminent or not? Except of course if you know his friend.
Also, if you look at the Tech nation requirement, it is not a criteria.
All in all, in the UK if you have the ability to read between the lines, you can get away with many things. Often times we try to add ou own interpretations which may be reasonable but not necessarily the law. I am saying this because I am a victim of self interpretation and it has cost me money and additional time that I did not plan for when I should have just gone ahead to do what I had to do.
Enjoy your weekend.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2020
RalphJean:

Dustydee:
I would like to connect with you to learn more about this global (exceptional) talent route.
May I send you a private message please?
I am out of date with this scheme (it's been a while I read about this and I have forgotten some of the intricacies) but you can google immigration forum for more real life information.

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.