Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1301244 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ceesnation: 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2020
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 3:01pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mamatukwas:
Just dropping by to say DAMN Scotland is beautiful! The further out I drive the more I’m stunned!

I know our English has k-leg and the weather is limping! But the scenery is breathtaking, the sea food is FRESH every day! And it’s a wonderful place to raise family because under £1k can get you a full duplex with large garden for your kids to run around!

Just saying... For all the folks looking for where to move to... fink about wee Scotland... not an #ad

I concur!! very beautiful, easy apart from the weather

Not sure about moving there though except you work in healthcare and maybe Oil and gas

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 3:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
For £40.00 only..... Wassenar, Den Haag........ Here we come again.......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mellady(f): 7:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
Abeg ooo ladies and gentlemen grin, which app get the highest rate for sending money to naija now? grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 7:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hunnybee:
Hi everyone, has anyone lived in Bury, Greater Manchester. Is it a good place for a family with teenagers? Which part(s) are good to live in and which places should be avoided? TIA

Bury is a little town and it is not very diverse(Mixed population. For a migrant with teenagers it would be tough for the kids. Spent few months there while on a work training course and discovered that majority of the people working in bury reside outside the town. On the bright side, houses are cheap as you would expect from a low income town (mostly council houses and businesses premises ...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mellady:
Abeg ooo ladies and gentlemen grin, which app get the highest rate for sending money to naija now? grin

Use me jor. I can give you at N595. Instant payment. No fees.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Cleanworld(f): 7:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
Hello House, Please which is the best and the cheapest courier to send parcel that weight 0-2kg to Nigeria. its Parcel force or Royal mail Intl. thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mellady(f): 7:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mamatukwas:

OK, so should I pm you? Na small money I dey send ooo �
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 8:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mellady:

OK, so should I pm you? Na small money I dey send ooo �

You could PM.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Hunnybee: 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2020
Thanks a lot, God bless

wallg123:

Bury is a little town and it is not very diverse(Mixed population. For a migrant with teenagers it would be tough for the kids. Spent few months there while on a work training course and discovered that majority of the people working in bury reside outside the town. On the bright side, houses are cheap as you would expect from a low income town (mostly council houses and businesses premises ...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2020
Cleanworld:
Hello House, Please which is the best and the cheapest courier to send parcel that weight 0-2kg to Nigeria. its Parcel force or Royal mail Intl. thanks

Not sure how much the mentioned companies charge but We do minimum 3kg to Lagos for £28.5 and to Abuja for £30. Pickup fee.

If it sounds good send a pm and il hook you up.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Not sure how much the mentioned companies charge but We do minimum 3kg to Lagos for £28.5 and to Abuja for £30. Pickup fee.

Do you pick it from London or Heathrow and typically what the turnaround time from UK to abuja
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by icon8: 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Slowly but surely, we’re almost there grin cheesy grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Do you pick it from London or Heathrow and typically what the turnaround time from UK to abuja

No you will post to our warehouse in Brixton (most cost effective option for small parcels) otherwise we arrange pickup using parcel force. £20 for parcels 30kg and below.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
icon8:

Slowly but surely, we’re almost there grin cheesy grin

If I catch you ehn grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
Nice!! No arriving 5hours before boarding a plane for a 2hr journey!!!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Turn around time is 4-7 days for Lagos and 5-10 days for Abuja. From day of shipping.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Just seeing this properly... this is over £9 per kg?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Just seeing this properly... this is over £9 per kg?

Actual cost is £4.50 per kg + £15 handling fee per shipment. Handling fee is fixed regardless of the size of your shipment. Hope it’s clearer.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:00pm On Aug 24, 2020
If it’s not over 2kg Royal Mail international signed is ur best option it’s just £22 and it takes btw 1-2 weeks.

I used it in July, the only prob is when it got to Lagos NIPOST staff didn’t attempt delivery they rang the number on the parcel to come and pick up in their office and they charged N1k for what I don’t knw

Cleanworld:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 10:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Actual cost is £4.50 per kg + £15 handling fee per shipment. Handling fee is fixed regardless of the size of your shipment. Hope it’s clearer.

grin much better. I fear before

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
LagosismyHome:

grin much better. I fear before

Hehe fear not.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mobilipia(f): 11:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
vanitty:
Good day everyone, pls I need your advice .hubby got an admission to study in Scotland, is it advisable to go with the whole family and settle down.
I will advise you to come along with him, family support is very important, for me I can concentrate better when family are around. If you have a good skill depending on your field you should be able to get something doing to support the family. I can't believe some people here are advising someone to leave wife and kids behind when they are here bonding with their own.

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 11:59pm On Aug 24, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I don't fancy that 16/18 hours round trip....... cheesy

When you've got an extra driver as a passenger who's craic is spot on, you wouldn't feel the drive cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 12:21am On Aug 25, 2020
Mobilipia:
I will advise you to come along with him, family support is very important, for me I can concentrate better when family are around. If you have a good skill depending on your field you should be able to get something doing to support the family. I can't believe some people here are advising someone to leave wife and kids behind when they are here bonding with their own.

Best believe it! Next time @me with your chest! It’s okay to have a different opinion! I’m shocked at your ‘shock’! undecided
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by eamodu(m): 4:13am On Aug 25, 2020
Mobilipia:

Nice reply..I'm thinking of going with my wife and child next year too .thou,I have been thinking of how much i should set aside for that ,and I don't know if I could get more pointers from you please .thanks in advance
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 4:18am On Aug 25, 2020
eamodu:

Nice reply..I'm thinking of going with my wife and child next year too .thou,I have been thinking of how much i should set aside for that ,and I don't know if I could get more pointers from you please .thanks in advance

vanitty

It is very possible to come with family but the older the children the easier it is for the other spouse to work and that help financially..... however small

So I guess it depends on how many children and their ages but lots of students come and somehow settle with their family

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by vanitty: 6:30am On Aug 25, 2020
Thanks everyone for the advice , I have 2 kids age 6 and 3 and my first degree is in microbiology.
LagosismyHome:

vanitty

It is very possible to come with family but the older the children the easier it is for the other spouse to work and that help financially..... however small

So I guess it depends on how many children and their ages but lots of students come and somehow settle with their family
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by eamodu(m): 6:56am On Aug 25, 2020
LagosismyHome:

vanitty??don't get this part.

Our child will be like a year old then.. thanks for inputs,God bless you.

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:56am On Aug 25, 2020
claremont:

A cursory glance at the share price now shows the attached. I would have made a few cowries if I followed my own advice on March 27th when it was at 1300p!

Do you have £27,000,000, like Conte?......... grin

Conte probably followed that graph and eventually got scammed............... cheesy

MUGU must fall, for MAGA to rise (or is it the reverse)............. grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 8:34am On Aug 25, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Do you have £27,000,000, like Conte?......... grin

Conte probably followed that graph and eventually got scammed............... cheesy

MUGU must fall, for MAGA to rise (or is it the reverse)............. grin

Heard he's trying to get the money back. How is that even possible?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Inkredible(m): 8:40am On Aug 25, 2020
Roadtrip photos

Malin head Ireland.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.