Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,059 members, 7,807,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1300914 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 6:54pm On Sep 19, 2020
mayluv:

I sent you a pm.

Didn’t see it. Good evening
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by mayluv(f): 8:34pm On Sep 19, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Didn’t see it. Good evening
I want some naira. I just tried to send you another one and it says I have sent too many anonymous mails
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Godlove087: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
Please what are the prospects of getting a job to enable staying back after successfully completion of MSc social work?,I’m a self sponsored student and I’ve done my research but elders experience will be appreciated as well....

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:11pm On Sep 19, 2020
Godlove087:
Please what are the prospects of getting a job to enable staying back after successfully completion of MSc social work?,I’m a self sponsored student and I’ve done my research but elders experience will be appreciated as well....

Me too ... I am looking for info on this. Couldn't find much

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 9:30pm On Sep 19, 2020
Godlove087:

The UK government last year talked about bring back the 2 yrs post study visa. So I’d advice you look into that route as one of your options.... Having said this, there are other routes available but I’ll leave it for others to advice u on them

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:48pm On Sep 19, 2020
mayluv:

I want some naira. I just tried to send you another one and it says I have sent too many anonymous mails

Okay. Just seen and responded.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Endlessgrace: 9:50pm On Sep 19, 2020
Godlove087:

Are you still in study or have you completed your MSc?

For now, you can explore the Tier 2 or Tier 1 route though.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by noblealuu: 10:01pm On Sep 19, 2020
RalphJean:

Have you got your transcripts?
Have you written IELTS?
Have you done a NARIC statement of comparability?
Have you filled in your course information form (as found in the HCPC Website?).

If I recall well, you previously mentioned you are a MLS yes? Have you cleared all you need to clear with the MLSCN and AMLSN?

Is IELTS part of the requirements if one can proof undergoing studies in English and backing it up with a reference from their alma mater?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Godlove087: 10:30pm On Sep 19, 2020
Endlessgrace:

Are you still in study or have you completed your MSc?

For now, you can explore the Tier 2 or Tier 1 route though.

Thanks I’m still a prospective applicant trying to weigh my option and go for the best one

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2020
noblealuu:

Is IELTS part of the requirements if one can proof undergoing studies in English and backing it up with a reference from their alma mater?

I know someone who completed all their Undergrad BMLS in English language.
Wrote IELTS and held a Masters in Project Mamnagement from a UK university.
Completed the masters.
But while completing the HCPC form, they ticked "English is not my first language". They were asked to write IELTS. When they decided to use NARIC to compare their qualification, their C4 in WASSCE was not good enough.
Now they had to write IELTS again...

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Cerebrae(m): 11:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
I have a question please

In applying for a spouse and child(2 months old) for dependant visa.
Do I need to apply for both separate or the mother's application covers for the child?

It's kind of confusing to see that only the spouse documents are required for the biometrics
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 11:45pm On Sep 19, 2020
Cerebrae:
I have a question please

Do I need to apply for both separate or the mother's application covers for the child?

It's kind of confusing to see that only the spouse documents are required for the biometrics

Two individual passport
Two individual maintenance funds
Two individual IHS fees
Two individual Visa fees
Two individual applications.
Two individual Visa
Two flight ticket.

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 11:47pm On Sep 19, 2020
Cerebrae:
I have a question please

Separately, there are individual links for each category. Make sure you select the right one before starting the application. E.g dependant spouse, dependant child etc
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 11:48pm On Sep 19, 2020
umarwy:

Two individual passport
Two individual IHS fees
Two individual Visa fees
Two individual Visa
Two flight ticket.

Lol, you don spell out the cost implication grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Cerebrae(m): 12:56am On Sep 20, 2020
fatima04:

Separately, there are individual links for each category. Make sure you select the right one before starting the application. E.g dependant spouse, dependant child etc

Thank you very much
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Cerebrae(m): 12:56am On Sep 20, 2020
umarwy:

Two individual passport
Two individual IHS fees
Two individual Visa fees
Two individual Visa
Two flight ticket.

Thank you very much
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Cerebrae(m): 12:57am On Sep 20, 2020
fatima04:

Lol, you don spell out the cost implication grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 1:35am On Sep 20, 2020
I believe they can do that at high court igbosere Lagos Island close to Obalende

Adeyeti:

Pls where can I notarize my documents in Lagos and at what price
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Elderss: 7:25am On Sep 20, 2020
noblealuu:

My honest advice?
Just tick the box that says 'English is your first Language'

I know of about 4 persons who did this and got favorable outcome from HCPC.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Zeecos(f): 7:53am On Sep 20, 2020
noblealuu:

Sometimes, it isn't accepted. Even with my previous studies in the UK, Northumbria still asked me to write IELTS.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 9:18am On Sep 20, 2020
Zeecos:

Sometimes, it isn't accepted. Even with my previous studies in the UK, Northumbria still asked me to write IELTS.

Unless the requirements have changed now, then you might be right.
However i had never sat for any exam to prove my knowledge of English since migrating to the UK from college up till university days. When I did my spouse visa I application, I submitted my UK degrees and they accepted it. Unless something has changed in the modern times to warrant them asking you for IELTS even when you can prove that your degree or qualifications were thought in English ...... but who know things might have changed now

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Endlessgrace: 9:34am On Sep 20, 2020
Godlove087:

Thanks I’m still a prospective applicant trying to weigh my option and go for the best one

You are in luck since you are still a prospective applicant. Have a thorough read of the link below it should guide you in your decision.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-announces-2-year-post-study-work-visa-for-international-students
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Zeecos(f): 9:59am On Sep 20, 2020
wallg123:

Unless the requirements have changed now, then you might be right.
However i had never sat for any exam to prove my knowledge of English since migrating to the UK from college up till university days. When I did my spouse visa I application, I submitted my UK degrees and they accepted it. Unless something has changed in the modern times to warrant them asking you for IELTS even when you can prove that your degree or qualifications were thought in English ...... but who know things might have changed now
For nursing, you have to write an English proficiency exam as long as you're not a citizen of the UKVI approved English-speaking countries. For courses that do not require professional registration, most unis accept WAEC.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by noblealuu: 3:12pm On Sep 20, 2020
Elderss:

My honest advice?
Just tick the box that says 'English is your first Language'

I know of about 4 persons who did this and got favorable outcome from HCPC.

I'll do this. Ain't they the ones that colonised us? We speak British English mehnnnn.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
noblealuu:

I'll do this. Ain't they the ones that colonised us? We speak British English mehnnnn.
Do we? Start from nairaland and you will understand why they sometimes request English language certificate from Nigerians.
Our English has no standard, for example Nigerians use boot and trunk interchangeably, labour spelt as labor etc.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2020
noblealuu:

Yes..but Nigerian way..
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
dustydee:

Do we? Start from nairaland and you will understand why they sometimes request English language certificate from Nigerians.
Our English has no standard, for example Nigerians use boot and trunk interchangeably, labour spelt as labor etc.

They are both correct
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 5:49pm On Sep 20, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

They are both correct

WRONG!

There is nothing like Labor in BrE
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2020
RalphJean:

WRONG!

There is nothing like Labor in BrE

The UK is not the only English speaking country, labor is for Americans while the UK and many other English speaking countries use labour

The same thing with word like organisation and organization

So both are correct.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2020
justwise:

The UK is not the only English speaking country, labor is for Americans while the UK and many other English speaking countries use labour

The same thing with word like organisation and organization

So both are correct.

Justwise, biko. Look at the context.

noblealuu:

It wasn’t about English, it was about British English.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
RalphJean:

Justwise, biko. Look at the context.

It wasn’t about English, it was about British English.

I know that but still labour or labor is correct.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by noblealuu: 7:22pm On Sep 20, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

Yes..but Nigerian way..

All join. We will adapt cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.