Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,866 members, 7,798,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1296948 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by STENON(f): 9:26am On Sep 25, 2020
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Busayomiie: 11:06am On Sep 25, 2020

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Busayomiie: 11:07am On Sep 25, 2020
Thank you
justwise:

You apply by coming a number to book an appointment, good NL appointment number and give them a call
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 3:07pm On Sep 25, 2020
Good afternoon house. Please I want to confirm if https://www.moneyfex.com/ is still safe to use. Urgent plsssss thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 3:56pm On Sep 25, 2020
Mimzyy:
Good afternoon house. Please I want to confirm if https://www.moneyfex.com/ is still safe to use. Urgent plsssss thanks.

Yes I used them 3 times although each time my bank card rejected the payment. I tried multiple banks cards and took the risk of bank transfer to get it to work
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Yes I used them 3 times although each time my bank card rejected the payment. I tried multiple banks cards and took the risk of bank transfer to get it to work

Bet that card is Halifax grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:46pm On Sep 25, 2020
fatima04:

Bet that card is Halifax grin grin

grin yes that my main card but I also have 2 acc with Barclay and that didnt work so grabbed my husband hsbc and still didnt work so I gave up
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2020
LagosismyHome:

grin yes that my main card but I also have 2 acc with Barclay and that didnt work so grabbed my husband hsbc and still didnt work so I gave up

I know say na dem now grin
Halifax rarely approves my moneyfex transaction but HSBC always on point.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tessytessy(f): 9:04pm On Sep 25, 2020
You can manage and bring down the HBP naturally. Just a change of life style. Are you in the banking industry? do you live in Lagos?

When i was around 35yrs old and working in Lagos my BP was always around 140/100 fast forward years later, and after quitting the stressful job, my BP is now around 125/80 and i am 42years old. I am sure being in Scotland alone will bring down your blood pressure. Naija itself na Pressure Pot.
sjj3:
Hello my people, please, I just got offer for master in 2 UK universities, one in England and the other in Scotland. My issue is that I have just been diagonised to have High blood pressure and currently being placed on drug. Though is like border line hypertension and have started doing all possible to ensure I manage the situation and if possible be off the drug before the resumption time in January, 2021 but I have been warned that I will still have to be taking the drug even if I'm able to put the BP under control. I understand NHS payment is for health management but I'm confused if the payment will cover prescription or not since I will still have to be taking this drug even in the UK. Also, I read somewhere that I don't need to pay for prescription in Scotland while it is mandatory in England. I don't know how far this is true or not. Please, I need your advise as regard this. Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by claremont(m): 10:24pm On Sep 25, 2020
sjj3:
Hello my people, please, I just got offer for master in 2 UK universities, one in England and the other in Scotland. My issue is that I have just been diagonised to have High blood pressure and currently being placed on drug. Though is like border line hypertension and have started doing all possible to ensure I manage the situation and if possible be off the drug before the resumption time in January, 2021 but I have been warned that I will still have to be taking the drug even if I'm able to put the BP under control. I understand NHS payment is for health management but I'm confused if the payment will cover prescription or not since I will still have to be taking this drug even in the UK. Also, I read somewhere that I don't need to pay for prescription in Scotland while it is mandatory in England. I don't know how far this is true or not. Please, I need your advise as regard this. Thank you.

You will not have to pay anything for your medicines in Scotland as medicines dispensed on a valid prescription are free over there. However, in England, you will be charged £9.15 PER ITEM. A prescription might have many items written on it, and you will have to multiply by £9.15 accordingly. The presence or absence of a prescription charge shouldn't be a factor in your decision to choose a university of study though.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bashybabe2020: 11:43pm On Sep 25, 2020
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bashybabe2020: 11:44pm On Sep 25, 2020
LagosismyHome:

This is like saying I need accommodation in the West of Nigeria ...... west could be Lagos, ogun, oyo.

You would have to specify exact city.. ie Aberdeen, Glasgow etc

Stirling precisely cry cry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bashybabe2020: 11:44pm On Sep 25, 2020
deept:

Scotland is very large. Where in Scotland are you looking for accomodation?

Stirrling
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2020
Thank you very much. I used them yesterday to test run and transfer was done to the naija account almost immediately after they verified my identity.

LagosismyHome:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by valcorp: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2020
Please anyone with good rate for pounds (cash) in Nigeria. 3000 pounds needed....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2020
Do you mean you want the pounds in cash and you are in Nigeria?

valcorp:
Please anyone with good rate for pounds (cash) in Nigeria. 3000 pounds needed....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by famzynet: 5:13pm On Sep 28, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Okay. Seen and responded just now. Gracias.

Do you still have pounds to exchange for naira? What is your rate?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 7:30pm On Sep 28, 2020
famzynet:

I have Naira to exchange for pounds smiley Rate now is N580.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
How much pounds do you need

famzynet:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sherilycious: 3:13am On Sep 29, 2020
Please can a family comprising of husband, wife and two kids (oldest child is 3years), be allowed to stay in a one bedroom flat.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rheminix(m): 5:09am On Sep 29, 2020
sherilycious:
Please can a family comprising of husband, wife and two kids (oldest child is 3years), be allowed to stay in a one bedroom flat.
what visa are u applying for.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 6:15am On Sep 29, 2020
sherilycious:

No. Two bed flat.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 6:17am On Sep 29, 2020
sherilycious:

If it is student Visa then they dont check or mandate what kind of accommodation.... so it possible to stay there but no privacy for the parents and it might feel tight but since the oldest is 3. It is possible to stay there and save some money

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:10am On Sep 29, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Sent you a PM... please kindly check
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olalekank(m): 9:20am On Sep 29, 2020
Mamatukwas:

Sent a pm
Kindly check please
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Deltayankeeboi: 9:41am On Sep 29, 2020

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 9:54am On Sep 29, 2020
Olalekank:

Sent a pm
Kindly check please

Replied. Cc @Lagosismyhome
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:46am On Sep 29, 2020
Guys, please does anyone use amazon fire stick here and does it have African DSTV channels?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sherilycious: 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
Yes student Visa. Thank you very much.
LagosismyHome:

If it is student Visa then they dont check or mandate what kind of accommodation.... so it possible to stay there but no privacy for the parents and it might feel tight but since the oldest is 3. It is possible to stay there and save some money
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by sherilycious: 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
Tier 4
Rheminix:
what visa are u applying for.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by justwise(m): 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2020
Who was able to use GTBANK 737 code to send money from the UK? Trying to send money using it but no success so far
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 5:32pm On Sep 29, 2020
Never knew the code works from U.K. and I have validated my number with them that I even get sms alerts

justwise:
Who was able to use GTBANK 737 code to send money from the UK? Trying to send money using it but no success so far

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.