Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,161 members, 7,780,139 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:09 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1284950 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 11:29pm On Jun 17, 2018
Lexusgs430:

He probably got his fingers burnt by CC, first time around.... And you expect him to welcome temptation again?

Wiseman...... When you see evil, you run.....

The concept of CC is evil....... They magic e - money, and you payback real money.......

It's should not be called credit card, but a debt card.......

Credit is how the banks create money! from thin air
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 11:31pm On Jun 17, 2018
Aphrodite007:

I thought credit cards build credit history fast. He doesn’t need it, the whole point is just to build credit history. So he would spend £20 and pay it back in full. Anyway he refused, I just wanted to get your opinion to know if I should insist on it or not.

You get a credit card to build your credit records if your name is not already in the credit system. Getting a credit card when you have adverse credit record is asking for trouble and it actually worsens your credit score. So don’t advise hubby to apply for any kind of credit just yet.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 7:40am On Jun 18, 2018
DaveChapelle:

Credit is how the banks create money! from thin air

From thin air? No o Oga.............

Their consumers creates the thin air.........
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:09am On Jun 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

From thin air? No o Oga.............

Their consumers creates the thin air.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKmBYXb_9-Y

If you understand the concept of saving deposits and lending, it's quite straightforward to grasp. I can't find the exact video, but if you really want to find it, you can do a google search

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:12am On Jun 18, 2018
Actually, it's even easy... You borrow me 100pounds and you ask for interest of 5 pounds, hasn't that 5 pounds been created out of thin air?

We only had 100pounds physically, but because of our philosophical agreement, you write down 5 pounds on paper, which never physically existed. Do that to 50 people and you have generated 250pounds virtual money out of 5,000 pounds, when you write it down, you legalise it and it becomes more money which you can borrow other people in a vicious cycle from just being a custodian to keep the money in the first place

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:14am On Jun 18, 2018
DaveChapelle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKmBYXb_9-Y

If you understand the concept of saving deposits and lending, it's quite straightforward to grasp. I can't find the exact video, but if you really want to find it, you can do a google search

My assertion was literally tongue n cheek...... We all know how they make money...

Majority, comes from a collection from billion points on a regular and consistent basis....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:17am On Jun 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

My assertion was literally tongue n cheek...... We all know how they make money...

Majority, comes from a collection from billion points on a regular and consistent basis....

Alright
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 10:38am On Jun 18, 2018
DaveChapelle:
Actually, it's even easy... You borrow me 100pounds and you ask for interest of 5 pounds, hasn't that 5 pounds been created out of thin air?

We only had 100pounds physically, but because of our philosophical agreement, you write down 5 pounds on paper, which never physically existed. Do that to 50 people and you have generated 250pounds virtual money out of 5,000 pounds, when you write it down, you legalise it and it becomes more money which you can borrow other people in a vicious cycle from just being a custodian to keep the money in the first place

If its that easy everyone will be doing it mate. If a bank lend you 100, that somebody else's money they are giving out which they are already paying interest for.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:48am On Jun 18, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

If its that easy everyone will be doing it mate. If a bank lend you 100, that somebody else's money they are giving out which they are already paying interest for.

How much interest are they paying out vs interest received =
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 10:50am On Jun 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

How much interest are they paying out vs interest received =

If you are running a business, do you not aim for profit?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DaveChapelle: 10:51am On Jun 18, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

Loan sharks do... So yes other people do it

And some dodgy finance services with dodgy interest rates...
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 11:01am On Jun 18, 2018
DaveChapelle:

Loan sharks do... So yes other people do it

And some dodgy finance services with dodgy interest rates...

Yes loan sharks do... That's why they maim the borrowers if they default.
You just try and lend someone money without interest and see if its very straightforward to get it back.

The cost of this risk is the interest the bank is charging.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:43am On Jun 18, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

If you are running a business, do you not aim for profit?

I would..... But as a 3rd party, I minimise myself to exposure and profiteering......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 11:50am On Jun 18, 2018
Lexusgs430:

I would..... But as a 3rd party, I minimise myself to exposure and profiteering......

The point was to prove banks don't make money out of thin air like Mr Chappel mentioned.
The best way is to live within your means, but the banks too wants to declare profits in order to give returns to shareholders.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 12:08pm On Jun 18, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

The point was to prove banks don't make money out of the air like Mr Chappel mentioned.
The best way is to live within your means but the banks too wants to declare profits in order to give returns to shareholders.

So we go back full circle...... What you don't have, you don't spend (apart from appreciating beneficial debts)....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:35am On Jun 19, 2018
marylandcakes:

You get a credit card to build your credit records if your name is not already in the credit system. Getting a credit card when you have adverse credit record is asking for trouble and it actually worsens your credit score. So don’t advise hubby to apply for any kind of credit just yet.

Thanks dear, I understand.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Folich: 8:57am On Jun 20, 2018
UK is no doubt a great place to spend some time in order to create memories of your own. Most of the travellers tell me that the rooms of the hotels of the UK are very small so that you and your luggage can only find some place in them. Is it true folks?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:32am On Jun 20, 2018
Folich:
UK is no doubt a great place to spend some time in order to create memories of your own. Most of the travellers tell me that the rooms of the hotels of the UK are very small so that you and your luggage can only find some place in them. Is it true folks?

Have you tried Dorchester hotel? The rooms are slightly bigger.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

LOL grin grin grin Dorchester? Yes, he might even bump into the queen in the lift.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Okuhoc: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2018
Okuhoc:
Good day house. Please I'm new on nairaland. Someone introduced me to this thread after I made some very expensive mistakes in my visa application. I've gone through the thread and I must say I regret not knowing about it earlier.
I would appreciate if the experienced guys in the house can put me through on a few things so I don't make any more costly mistakes.
I was recently refused entry clearance for a Tier 2 visa. I lost 10 points under English language proficiency. Apparently I took the wrong IELTS exam, didn't know there's an IELTS General and IELTS general for ukvi. I have taken IELTS general for ukvi and I'm confident of the outcome, expecting results Monday or Tuesday next week. I intend to reapply for my Tier 2 visa immediately my IELTS results are out.
I have a few questions.
1. Can I use the priority service (5 working days processing) considering my visa category and my recent history of visa refusal? Someone told me she paid priority and it still took 15 working days so she doesn't think priority works for Tier 2 visas. I also read a statement on the TLS website that suggested that those with previous refusals may still take 15 working days even if they pay for priority. There was no refusal stamp on my passport, does this apply to me? Im thinking of using priority because I don't want to shift my resumption date again, I've done that twice already. At the same time I don't want to waste money on priority if it won't work for my case. I've lost a lot of money on my first application already.
2. Is there a way I can fast track my IHS refund, I learnt it takes 28 days, not sure if its 28 days or 28 working days. Or alternatively, if I can't fast track the IHS refund is there a way to make use of it in my new application without necessarily getting a refund.
Thanks.
To the glory of God, I got my passport today with 3 years tier 2 visa. I took the IELTS for ukvi, passed. Did my biometrics at Ikeja on June 8, using walk in and priority. Got my passport today, decision was made June 18 that's 7 working days.
Thank God my priority payment wasn't in vain but Ikeja show me pepper for walk in, walk in turned to stand out, they didn't attend to us until after all those on appointment had been attended to. Well all is well that ends well, decision was made on the day I would have had my appointment if I didn't use walk in.
Those UK people have chopped my money plenty, I must retaliate when I land UK, not coming there to count bridge.
Thanks to all that contributed to my matter.

10 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 6:51pm On Jun 20, 2018
Okuhoc:

To the glory of God, I got my passport today with 3 years tier 2 visa. I took the IELTS for ukvi, passed. Did my biometrics at Ikeja on June 8, using walk in and priority. Got my passport today, decision was made June 18 that's 7 working days.
Thank God my priority payment wasn't in vain but Ikeja show me pepper for walk in, walk in turned to stand out, they didn't attend to us until after all those on appointment had been attended to. Well all is well that ends well, decision was made on the day I would have had my appointment if I didn't use walk in.
Those UK people have chopped my money plenty, I must retaliate when I land UK, not coming there to count bridge.

Congrats!!
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

You are not nice .......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:06pm On Jun 20, 2018
Okuhoc:

Congratulations and welcome to the land of milk and honey grin cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2018
Folich:

Really can't say, d only one I have stayed was not so small but I believe depends on how much you pay and d kind of size (single or double bed) will be stated whilst booking
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:09pm On Jun 20, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

Lol @slightly bigger, u r truly not nice
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 7:26pm On Jun 20, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

I’ve just imagined you typing this with a straight face. Lol thinking (nor be big room him they look for abi?)
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yinkzy03: 10:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
Okuhoc:

Congratulations!!! That’s a great milestone you just achieved, all the best
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 2:19am On Jun 21, 2018
marylandcakes:

I’ve just imagined you typing this with a straight face. Lol thinking (nor be big room him they look for abi?)

fatima04:

Lol @slightly bigger, u r truly not nice

Lexusgs430:

You are not nice .......

Rubyventures:

LOL grin grin grin Dorchester? Yes, he might even bump into the queen in the lift.

Somebody was told all the hotels in the UK have small rooms that cannot fit their luggage, what is bad in recommending the one with bigger rooms that would definitely fit like these ones https://www.dorchestercollection.com/en/london/the-dorchester/rooms-suites/
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ronvlaar: 10:05am On Jun 21, 2018
Following.....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 10:06am On Jun 21, 2018
wonlasewonimi:

Somebody was told all the hotels in the UK have small rooms that cannot fit their luggage, what is bad in recommending the one with bigger rooms that would definitely fit like these ones https://www.dorchestercollection.com/en/london/the-dorchester/rooms-suites/

Nothing wrong, you recommended a bigger hotel room alright. grin grin The only mistake you made is not asking him what his budget was.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.