Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (443) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1298564 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by iCode2: 9:12pm On Nov 18, 2020
Aphrodite007:

I thought you had even applied for your visa. If you haven’t applied for your visa, renew your passport, then submit the visa application based on the new passport. Then you won’t even need to put rubber band to hold the two passports at the exit and entry, cos you’ll need to show just your most recent.
Okay. But wouldn't that raise any red flag if they see a different passport number on my tb test certificate? Or should I attach a letter explaining why there are different passport numbers on my tb test certificate and passport?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:43pm On Nov 18, 2020
LagosismyHome:
Buhari is sleeping oooo. Money flex is showing £1 to naira 601.01. Na wa

Are you shocked or surprised........ Some of us here, mentioned it would hit 600 by December......

Buhari and my Mother, are age mates..... My Mother in her present age, cannot be the president of Nigeria.......

She is got no major medical health challenge, apart from been regular medications, for her HBP (which is very controlled)......

She's does not use dentures or hearing aids, still walks unaided etc etc

She is still full of life, but cannot be an analogue president, in a digital age......... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Are you shocked or surprised........ Some of us here, mentioned it would hit 600 by December......

Buhari and my Mother, are age mates..... My Mother in her present age, cannot be the president of Nigeria.......

She is got no major medical health challenge, apart from been regular medications, for her HBP (which is very controlled)......

She is still full of life, but cannot be an analogue president, in a digital age......... cheesy

Humm..... who going to save Nigeria embarassed .a whopping 3 more years of this nonsense government
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Humm..... who going to save Nigeria embarassed

One thing for sure...... Prayers, vigil and fasting, would never DO it.......

6 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 9:56pm On Nov 18, 2020
Vooom:
Thanks for responding

Really wished i could do it

I feel the immigration may allow obviously because of tips but i only hope it won't affect my immigration checks during departure

From experience, I advise you to renew your passport from 9ja if you have less than 180days left on it. I was turned away at the Airport for having less 180days validity on my passport.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by RalphJean: 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2020
Vooom:
[Thank you

I expect my school ID soon here in 9ja

Would mail them at my school to clarify about the council tax exemption

If you are in full time education, Yes.
If you are in part time education, and on a Tier-2 visa, I would say... Forgerrit...
But I may be wrong
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2020
Aphrodite007:

This isn’t true, my brother renewed his passport after 3 years because he was going to study and didn’t want to think of passport for the next 3,4 years.

Was the passport renewed with 2yrs validity on it or your brother reported the passport of 2yrs validity lost or stolen. I don't think any normal country in the world will renew a passport with 2yrs validity on it for her citizen.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 10:11pm On Nov 18, 2020
famzynet:
Has anyone used Afripay to send naira to Nigeria? Are they genuine and reliable? Their rate appears good.

Try it let's see grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beryour(m): 10:54pm On Nov 18, 2020
Nor be by age sha....Biden na same age and lots of people still expects he would be very 'digital'

Youths like Desmond and co, and middle age like Sanwo-olu...are they any different?

Lexusgs430:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2020
beryour:
Nor be by age sha....Biden na same age and lots of people still expects he would be very 'digital'

Youths like Desmond and co, and middle age like Sanwo-olu...are they any different?

Oya, let's get a donkey..... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 11:07pm On Nov 18, 2020
Biden's last role before elected was VP 4 years ago.

Buhari's last role before elected was cattle rearer for 30+ years grin

beryour:

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:09pm On Nov 18, 2020
beryour:

The problem they have comes in 2 forms......... GOD FATHERS.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beryour(m): 11:10pm On Nov 18, 2020
They prolly got into govt the same time. The difference is one decides to have a sense.

It's clearly not by age in Nigeria.

Bourne007:
Biden's last role before elected was VP 4 years ago.

Buhari's last role before elected was cattle rearer 30+ years ago grin

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by beryour(m): 11:12pm On Nov 18, 2020
At least dog father wont beat them for staying quiet

Instead of coming out to spit vomit.

Lexusgs430:

The problem they have comes in 2 forms......... GOD FATHERS.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 11:12pm On Nov 18, 2020
Adapapaokoye:

Good day Mamatukwas. I want to send stuffs to Nigeria. How do we make contact

Hello. Sorry I’ve been a bit offline. Kindly send me a DM and I’ll be happy to sort your shipment. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Oma6090: 11:13pm On Nov 18, 2020
Good evening all,
Please I need your help. I arrived UK October this year with a tier 4 visa(post graduate program ) , I will be travelling to Nigeria this Christmas break for my wedding.
I want to know if my husband can apply immediately to join me.
What are the required documents for him to use and apply? I have tried searching for information on students that got married while studying but it has been difficult.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:22pm On Nov 18, 2020
beryour:
At least dog father wont beat them for staying quiet

Instead of coming out to spit vomit.

They have no choice, they have to speak in alignment.......

Silence can be loud.......... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tobexin(m): 11:46pm On Nov 18, 2020
Oma6090:
Good evening all,
Please I need your help. I arrived UK October this year with a tier 4 visa(post graduate program ) , I will be travelling to Nigeria this Christmas break for my wedding.
What are the required documents for him to use and apply? I have tried searching for information on students that got married while studying but it has been difficult.
he can apply to join you immediately. All you need is your wedding Cert, pictures and chat history to show proven ties! The most important of all is just the wedding certificate!

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by jesudaughter(f): 11:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
Yes they are

famzynet:
Has anyone used Afripay to send naira to Nigeria? Are they genuine and reliable? Their rate appears good.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:06am On Nov 19, 2020
Phenmeson:

Was the passport renewed with 2yrs validity on it or your brother reported the passport of 2yrs validity lost or stolen. I don't think any normal country in the world will renew a passport with 2yrs validity on it for her citizen.

Emphasis is on “normal” grin

He has two years left. My family all had a few years left and went together to renew when my mum’s passport expired.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:07am On Nov 19, 2020
iCode2:
Okay. But wouldn't that raise any red flag if they see a different passport number on my tb test certificate? Or should I attach a letter explaining why there are different passport numbers on my tb test certificate and passport?

Band them together with rubber band. You don’t need a letter. Don’t make your life complicated. The border officer won’t even care unless it’s Heathrow.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:13am On Nov 19, 2020
Josh121:

Maybe you ask your brother how much he paid

Lol, I just burned about 2k to go to Nigeria and redo my passport (expensive flights, ETC, covid test, ASAP passport renewal).. the most he would have paid to have it done with two years validity left wouldn’t have been more than 50k (that’s too much sef).

If I had done mine when I went to Nigeria in 2019 (when it hadn’t expired), I wouldn’t have spent this much to renew.

Penny wise, pound foolish.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Phenmeson(m): 12:43am On Nov 19, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Emphasis is on “normal” grin

He has two years left. My family all had a few years left and went together to renew when my mum’s passport expired.

I can't throw 2yrs validity away. I prefer to go and join the queue. I know the embassy no dey conducive but it makes me to feel home. Going to the embassy for those who live in London is a day battle but those coming from other parts of the country, I know the pains.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ThinkPad01: 12:46am On Nov 19, 2020
Hi everyone,

Please just a quick question, is it advisable to buy a diesel car? is there any major difference between diesel and petrol cars?

Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 4:26am On Nov 19, 2020
ThinkPad01:
Hi everyone,

Please just a quick question, is it advisable to buy a diesel car? is there any major difference between diesel and petrol cars?

Thanks

Do you reside in London?.... If yes, before you buy it, check if it passes ULEZ test......

You get higher mileage per tank on diesel, in comparison to petrol........

It's a bit heavy on the foot (due to the block), diesel smells horribly(if it accidentally spills on you) and the horrible gargling engine noise.....

Apart from the aforementioned, if you come from Ijebu...... Buy it........ cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 5:41am On Nov 19, 2020
beryour:

Youths like Desmond and co, and middle age like Sanwo-olu ...are they any different?

Will Biden really deliver at that age ..... only time will tell.

The bold is sad and true .... young but no difference which is quite sad
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 6:16am On Nov 19, 2020
ThinkPad01:
Hi everyone,

Thanks

What does it mean for you? | View in browser

Confused.com

Petrol and diesel cars to be banned within the decade

New petrol and diesel cars won’t be sold in the UK from 2030.
The ban, originally set for 2040, was brought forward to 2035 earlier this year. Now it’s been brought forward another 5 years. If you're concerned about how the ban could affect you, read our guide.
The government is allocating £4 billion to fund the ban, using £1.3 billion of this to create more charging points for electric vehicles (EV).

What does this mean for buying petrol or diesel cars?
From 2030, you won't be able to buy a new petrol or diesel car. You'll still be able to buy them second-hand, and you won't have to scrap your existing car.
New hybrid cars may still be available until 2035.
To help drivers make the switch to EV, £582 million in grants is being made available to make them cheaper to buy.
The announcement is part of a wider scheme of measures that aim to tackle climate change. Prime Minister Boris Johnson has called this the “green industrial revolution”. He believes this will create jobs in alternative energy industries and help cut the UK’s carbon emissions.

Why has the ban been brought forward?
It’s no secret that we’re living through a climate emergency, and the UK government has an ambitious target to hit zero carbon emissions by 2050. Transport accounts for about a third of the UK’s emissions, so the earlier these are cut the quicker we can reach that target.
Does this mean my next car has to be electric?
Not at all. You’ll still be able to get petrol and diesel cars second-hand after 2030. But as the UK shifts closer to a green transport network, there could be an impact on your car’s running costs.
For more information on how the 2030 petrol and diesel ban could affect you read our guide.

Car Insurance
Car Insurance
Van Insurance
Van Insurance
Car Finance
Car Finance
MOT
Compare MOTs
Home and More
Home & More

Follow us
FB TW IG YT

Download our app to help manage your car dates, running costs and insurance
App Store Google Play

Contact Us | Press Room | Privacy & Security | Terms & Conditions

Listings are provided by Inspop.com Ltd on a non-advised basis. This means that no advice is given or implied and you are solely responsible for deciding whether the product is suitable for your needs. If you are not sure which is the right product for you, you should seek advice. Inspop.com Ltd is acting as a credit broker, not a lender. You will not be charged a fee for using this service, but you should check with your chosen provider to find out what fees may be applicable. Inspop.com Ltd may receive a payment from the product provider you select in the table.
© Copyright 2020 Confused.com. All rights reserved.
This email is sent for and on behalf of Inspop.com Limited trading as Confused.com. Inspop.com Limited registered in England and Wales at 3rd Floor, Greyfriars House, Greyfriars Road, Cardiff CF10 3AL (Reg. No. 03857130). Inspop.com Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm reference number: 310635).
We will never conduct any business face-to-face. If anybody knocks on your door posing as Confused.com, please do not give them any personal details. Make sure to report the incident to your local police force by calling 101 and please also let us know by contacting us at communications@confused.com.

Unsubscribe
We're sending you this email because you're registered on our website. If you'd prefer not to receive further marketing emails from Confused.com, please unsubscribe here.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by iCode2: 6:45am On Nov 19, 2020
Aphrodite007:

Band them together with rubber band. You don’t need a letter. Don’t make your life complicated. The border officer won’t even care unless it’s Heathrow.
Okay. Thanks a lot.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by lynniebabes(f): 6:56am On Nov 19, 2020
Good morning everyone. Please is there anyone who can make hair around salford or Manchester? That’s available today?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 8:57am On Nov 19, 2020
Diesel cars are best for long distance travels Cus it doesn’t burn as fast as petrol. Petrol is better for local city runs.

Diesel price is slightly higher than petrol

So if u spend more time on the motorway than within the city, diesel is what you want

ThinkPad01:
Hi everyone,

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 10:56am On Nov 19, 2020
I can do this remotely for you cool

lynniebabes:
Good morning everyone. Please is there anyone who can make hair around salford or Manchester? That’s available today?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 10:58am On Nov 19, 2020
Not just pictures etc but evidence of maintenance - £845 a month (for up to 9 months) for courses in London OR £680 a month (for up to 9 months) for courses outside London

Oma6090:
Good evening all,

(1) (2) (3) ... (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) ... (750)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.